Ravel Morrison

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
brexit
Been Liked: 236 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Ravel Morrison

Post by brexit » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Will sign on Tuesday for a club who play in claret and blue.

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Re: Ravel Morrison

Post by andyh » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Villa?

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1865 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:27 pm

My money is on Scunthorpe
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4324 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:50 pm

Earlier today Morrison tweeted ' #14'
...do we have a no. 14 in the squad ?

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:52 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:Earlier today Morrison tweeted ' #14'
...do we have a no. 14 in the squad ?
No, we don't. Thank you cobbled together £2 programme for the definitive answer.

UTC!

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3547 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:28 pm

It will be Villa, Bruce is replacing the majority of his midfield and attacking options by the looks of it.

It keeps pinging around that Rhodes will end up there too.

brexit
Been Liked: 236 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:39 pm

West Ham apparently.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:41 pm

brexit wrote:Will sign on Tuesday for a club who play in claret and blue.
Are we now just posting cryptic crossword clues now?!

Ravel been training with QPR who don't have a #14 and even If he is going to to a team in claret and blue unless you have great intel you can point to that it's us stop clogging up the board.
Can't wait until window is closed and this stuff is dead.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1865 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:44 pm

Is that the number of clubs he's been at?

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:49 pm

When I read bull **** like this, and the Brady confirmed thread I get really wound up with how sad someone has to be to be so brazen as to make such confident statements. Then I realise that that's the whole point of trolling. Still, what's the point? Just to chuckle to yourself behind your keyboard? It's odd.
This user liked this post: JarrowClaret

paulus the woodgnome
Been Liked: 258 times
Has Liked: 260 times

Post by paulus the woodgnome » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:04 am

Barcelona?

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 698 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:17 am

The mystery will all be un-Ravelled on Tuesday.
These 2 users liked this post: addisclaret JellyBaby

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:20 am

I'd honestly love him here, I remember his performances for West Ham, he went through a spell on fire and absolutely ripped Spurs apart at WHL. There is no doubting his talent, if he buys into Dyche's ways and plans, he could become a real asset to us. Dyche needs to sit him down and tell him how it is, it's his last chance to turn his life around etc etc, after a full Dyche pre-season he'd be firing.

Not that we'll be signing him anyway, I thought he was training at QPR?

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:22 am

QPR have a number 14 but there's talk on twitter he's back There.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:30 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:QPR have a number 14 but there's talk on twitter he's back There.
Yeah I'm not sure how they're going to afford his wage, I bet he's on a fortune. Possibly he's just training there to get fit (like Barton did with us before signing) although I don't see why QPR would get a player fit to then watch him potentially sign for a rival team.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:47 am

Weymouth FC

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:54 am

KRBFC wrote:Yeah I'm not sure how they're going to afford his wage, I bet he's on a fortune. Possibly he's just training there to get fit (like Barton did with us before signing) although I don't see why QPR would get a player fit to then watch him potentially sign for a rival team.
Free agent isn't he?
So he wont be on anything, unless he's still contracted to Lazio and they're letting him train elsewhere, which would be odd but also a possible indication that he's caused trouble there.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:52 pm

KRBFC wrote:I'd honestly love him here, I remember his performances for West Ham, he went through a spell on fire and absolutely ripped Spurs apart at WHL. There is no doubting his talent, if he buys into Dyche's ways and plans, he could become a real asset to us. Dyche needs to sit him down and tell him how it is, it's his last chance to turn his life around etc etc, after a full Dyche pre-season he'd be firing.

Not that we'll be signing him anyway, I thought he was training at QPR?
Now there`s a surprise - not

Dyche is good but he aint no miracle worker. This guy is a waste of space. You remember his performances at West Ham ? That was 4 years ago. He's hardly kicked a ball since.

This guy is 24 - he's not a kid any more. He's played only 89 games in his career but to be fair he has had other things on his mind. He sounds a real keeper.

In early 2011, Morrison received a 12-month referral order and was ordered to pay £1,445 in costs and compensation after admitting two counts of witness intimidation.
After an assault charge was dropped when Morrison's girlfriend refused to testify, he was convicted of criminal damage for throwing her mobile phone out of a window and advised to undergo domestic violence counselling In February 2012
Morrison was involved in controversy after posting a homophobic threat on Twitter, He was charged under FA rule E3, which governs use of abusive and/or insulting words including reference to a person's sexual orientation, and accepted his guilt.
Morrison was remanded in custody on 31 July 2014 after being charged with two counts of common assault against a former girlfriend and her mother. He was freed on bail after three days in custody.
In August 2014 he appeared at Manchester Crown Court entering not-guilty pleas to two counts of assault, one of assault causing actual bodily harm and one count of harassment. A provisional trial date was set for 26 January 2015.
In November 2014 he was found not guilty of the harassment charge of threatening to throw acid in the face of his ex-girlfriend and have her killed after the Crown Prosecution Service withdrew the charge.
On 15 January 2015, Morrison was cleared of all charges of assaulting his ex-girlfriend and her mother.

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Remember Joey Barton, TVC15?

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:54 pm

TVC15 wrote:Now there`s a surprise - not

Dyche is good but he aint no miracle worker. This guy is a waste of space. You remember his performances at West Ham ? That was 4 years ago. He's hardly kicked a ball since.

This guy is 24 - he's not a kid any more. He's played only 89 games in his career but to be fair he has had other things on his mind. He sounds a real keeper.

In early 2011, Morrison received a 12-month referral order and was ordered to pay £1,445 in costs and compensation after admitting two counts of witness intimidation.
After an assault charge was dropped when Morrison's girlfriend refused to testify, he was convicted of criminal damage for throwing her mobile phone out of a window and advised to undergo domestic violence counselling In February 2012
Morrison was involved in controversy after posting a homophobic threat on Twitter, He was charged under FA rule E3, which governs use of abusive and/or insulting words including reference to a person's sexual orientation, and accepted his guilt.
Morrison was remanded in custody on 31 July 2014 after being charged with two counts of common assault against a former girlfriend and her mother. He was freed on bail after three days in custody.
In August 2014 he appeared at Manchester Crown Court entering not-guilty pleas to two counts of assault, one of assault causing actual bodily harm and one count of harassment. A provisional trial date was set for 26 January 2015.
In November 2014 he was found not guilty of the harassment charge of threatening to throw acid in the face of his ex-girlfriend and have her killed after the Crown Prosecution Service withdrew the charge.
On 15 January 2015, Morrison was cleared of all charges of assaulting his ex-girlfriend and her mother.
What's a surprise?
Bring up Barton's criminal record... he has served time in jail. Barton even caused sh** at his last club too.....

''In November 2014 he was found not guilty of the harassment charge of threatening to throw acid in the face of his ex-girlfriend and have her killed after the Crown Prosecution Service withdrew the charge.
On 15 January 2015, Morrison was cleared of all charges of assaulting his ex-girlfriend and her mother.''

If he was found not guilty and cleared of all charges then why did you post it?

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:23 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Remember Joey Barton, TVC15?
Yes I do - and if you look back on historical threads I am not the biggest supporter of him either.

Big difference with Barton is that at least he has played football at a decent level for a number of years.

What has Morrison ever done ?....a dozen decent games in 6 years ?

Burnley isn`t a rehabilitation centre and Dyche not a miracle worker. How would he get the "best" out of someone who has hardly played any football ?
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:49 pm

TVC15 wrote:Yes I do - and if you look back on historical threads I am not the biggest supporter of him either.

Big difference with Barton is that at least he has played football at a decent level for a number of years.

What has Morrison ever done ?....a dozen decent games in 6 years ?

Burnley isn`t a rehabilitation centre and Dyche not a miracle worker. How would he get the "best" out of someone who has hardly played any football ?
Football in general is a rehabilitation sport.
Look at Andre Gray, without football god knows where he'd be. There are plenty of instances at all levels of football where it has had a positive impact on people in general and changed them for the better.
Ravel Morrison hasn't played much football because he's been a d*ck at most clubs, nothing to do with talent.
I believe a fully fit, hungry and focused Morrison would be a big player for us, the job of the manager is to get that out of him although Morrison himself has to want it.
If you're going to use court appearances to beat Morrison with at least don't include the ones where he was found not guilty.

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1664 times
Has Liked: 2974 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:00 pm

You're right KRBFC....although personally I would only go for him as part of a strike partnership with Nile Ranger. We see things the same way...thank goodness someone else on here has some footballing sense. Let's hope that buffoon Dyche is reading our words.
This user liked this post: Heathclaret

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:You're right KRBFC....although personally I would only go for him as part of a strike partnership with Nile Ranger. We see things the same way...thank goodness someone else on here has some footballing sense. Let's hope that buffoon Dyche is reading our words.
Nile Ranger doesn't have the ability like Morrison though..... why would you potentially take a risk on a player if they didn't have the ability anyway.

Heathclaret
Been Liked: 190 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by Heathclaret » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:06 pm

Sorry, didn't mean to like the St Albans post. Home and like too close together!!

boyyanno
Been Liked: 513 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:09 pm

IF we signed him (not going to happen) I'd have to say I'd be excited. He has quality, no doubt about it, and if Dyche brought him here it would suggest he thought he could manage the player.

Sadly it won't happen for many reasons, but one of those being I doubt even Dyche would he able to kick-start his career. While Dyche succeeded with Barton he also failed with Tracey, it's the attitude of the player that makes the real difference.
This user liked this post: KRBFC

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:11 pm

boyyanno wrote:IF we signed him (not going to happen) I'd have to say I'd be excited. He has quality, no doubt about it, and if Dyche brought him here it would suggest he thought he could manage the player.

Sadly it won't happen for many reasons, but one of those being I doubt even Dyche would he able to kick-start his career. While Dyche succeeded with Barton he also failed with Tracey, it's the attitude of the player that makes the real difference.
I thought he coped well with Keef, we saw a better Keef under Dyche than we did under Howe.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3604 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:37 pm

I could be doing a disservice to Morrison in saying that there is a huge difference between the likes of Barton and him.

Barton has his own issues and demons of course, he does however have the intelligence and sense to learn. From what I've read of Morrison, he neither has the intelligence nor the willingness to change and improve as a person. A lost cause and a wasted talent.

If Dyche thought it was an option, I'd back him to get the best out of him, but bringing in this sort of character could massively affect the squad if he was a disruptive influence.

There are plenty of reformed characters in sport who have benefitted from their talent to turn their lives around. I bet there are also countless who have fallen by the wayside despite great talent because their attitude was completely wrong.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 513 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:42 pm

KRBFC wrote: I thought he coped well with Keef, we saw a better Keef under Dyche than we did under Howe.
I Definitely agree that he improved under Dyche, and at one point I thought he looked like he was getting back on track. Seems to have completely fallen off it now though!

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:48 pm

DCWat wrote:I could be doing a disservice to Morrison in saying that there is a huge difference between the likes of Barton and him.

Barton has his own issues and demons of course, he does however have the intelligence and sense to learn. From what I've read of Morrison, he neither has the intelligence nor the willingness to change and improve as a person. A lost cause and a wasted talent.

If Dyche thought it was an option, I'd back him to get the best out of him, but bringing in this sort of character could massively affect the squad if he was a disruptive influence.

There are plenty of reformed characters in sport who have benefitted from their talent to turn their lives around. I bet there are also countless who have fallen by the wayside despite great talent because their attitude was completely wrong.
Yeah it's all down to the player, the player has to want to change.
Another big difference between the two is Barton's 11 years older than Morrison, Morrison will probably grow up one day and realise how stupid he has been OR is this the turning point in his career? Is he likely to change? Non of us know but if he were to change I'd like him here.

cutsy123
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 351 times

Post by cutsy123 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:02 pm

Hes signing for genoa

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:10 pm

KRBFC wrote:Football in general is a rehabilitation sport.
Look at Andre Gray, without football god knows where he'd be. There are plenty of instances at all levels of football where it has had a positive impact on people in general and changed them for the better.
Ravel Morrison hasn't played much football because he's been a d*ck at most clubs, nothing to do with talent.
I believe a fully fit, hungry and focused Morrison would be a big player for us, the job of the manager is to get that out of him although Morrison himself has to want it.
If you're going to use court appearances to beat Morrison with at least don't include the ones where he was found not guilty.
There is zero evidence to suggest he will ever be fully fit, focused etc - so there is nothing to suggest he would do it for Dyche.

I put all the cases in to illustrate how "busy" he had been !

At least with Barton everyone can see he has been a successful player at a few clubs - and fitness has never been an issue for him during his career - in fact the opposite.

So massive difference between Joey and Morrison as even though both have been d*cks one of them could at least play football for more than one dribble a season
This user liked this post: fatboy47

ecc
Been Liked: 1407 times
Has Liked: 1278 times

Post by ecc » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80HmLlRB1TQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:25 pm

TVC15 wrote:There is zero evidence to suggest he will ever be fully fit, focused etc - so there is nothing to suggest he would do it for Dyche.

I put all the cases in to illustrate how "busy" he had been !

At least with Barton everyone can see he has been a successful player at a few clubs - and fitness has never been an issue for him during his career - in fact the opposite.

So massive difference between Joey and Morrison as even though both have been d*cks one of them could at least play football for more than one dribble a season
Barton is 11 years older though, when Morrison is 34 we don't know how they'll compare.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:29 pm

Ravel has worked under Fergie and Big Sam, neither of whom could get him to pull his finger out and both of whom have managed bigger players then Morrison.

Fergie suggested that Morrison could've been the next Paul Scholes, but clearly Morrison wasn't interested in learning from Scholes himself.

No ones going to shed any tears or feel bad for him if he ends up out of football or dicking around in lower league football when he's had enough chances to sort himself out.

Even Kevin Mcdonald sorted himself out after leaving Burnley and quietly got on with rebuilding his career.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:30 pm

KRBFC wrote:Barton is 11 years older though, when Morrison is 34 we don't know how they'll compare.
At the rate hes going Morrison will be out of football by then.
This user liked this post: KRBFC

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:48 pm

Same Morrison who after a trial with Wigan wasn't offered a contract !