Tickets for Spanish Games (specifically Valencia)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Goddy
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 689 times

Tickets for Spanish Games (specifically Valencia)

Post by Goddy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:03 pm

There seems to be quite a few Clarets living in Spain these days, so hoping to pick the brains of some of those types........

Me and Mrs Goddy off to Valencia and we'll be there when they play Barcelona. Any of you guys know how feasible it will be to get hold of a couple of tickets for that game and, if so, the best way of sorting it out. (Can go to the ground in Valencia if necessary as we're there from 24th Sept and Barca aren't rocking up until 7th Oct).

Any help/advice much appreciated....

SlidingTackle
Been Liked: 157 times
Has Liked: 121 times

Re: Tickets for Spanish Games (specifically Valencia)

Post by SlidingTackle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Not help regarding tickets but certainly 'advice'.

Me and some mates went to Valencia some good few years back, and whilst there visited the ground. Unfortunately it was shut and we couldn't even see in (it's so colossal).

So we circumnavigated it and then consoled ourselves with a beer in a nearby bar. Massive consolation prize was that the bar was run by Manolo (el del bombo) the Spanish drummer you used to see at all Spanish World Cup games (I remember him in 1982 for example, Billy Hamilton and Northern Ireland v. Spain). Better still he was there and the place is a shrine to his exploits.

I very much hope he is still around.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manolo_el_del_bombo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: Goddy

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1898 times
Has Liked: 1965 times

Post by Vino blanco » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:03 pm

Never been to Valencia's stadium, but if it's similar to Malaga, you should be able to get tickets from the ground in advance (you may need identification). Because it's Barcelona, expect to pay more than the other league games.
This user liked this post: Goddy

Goddy

Post by Goddy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:34 pm

SlidingTackle wrote:Not help regarding tickets but certainly 'advice'.

Me and some mates went to Valencia some good few years back, and whilst there visited the ground. Unfortunately it was shut and we couldn't even see in (it's so colossal).

So we circumnavigated it and then consoled ourselves with a beer in a nearby bar. Massive consolation prize was that the bar was run by Manolo (el del bombo) the Spanish drummer you used to see at all Spanish World Cup games (I remember him in 1982 for example, Billy Hamilton and Northern Ireland v. Spain). Better still he was there and the place is a shrine to his exploits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manolo_el_del_bombo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So the advice is 'take earplugs'?

Thanks for the info, Sliding, I'll report back on the Manolo situation in due course

Goddy

Post by Goddy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:36 pm

Vino blanco wrote:Never been to Valencia's stadium, but if it's similar to Malaga, you should be able to get tickets from the ground in advance (you may need identification). Because it's Barcelona, expect to pay more than the other league games.

Nice one - thanks vino. We'll have a wander past the ground and see if we can get tickets (but take some i.d.). Hopefully won't have sold out.

SlidingTackle
Been Liked: 157 times
Has Liked: 121 times

Post by SlidingTackle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:25 pm

:P
Goddy wrote:So the advice is 'take earplugs'?

Thanks for the info, Sliding, I'll report back on the Manolo situation in due course
Excellent.

Maybe, but in his defence he has nothing in common (other than a big bass drum!!) with the ****wits who try and fail to generate atmosphere at the likes of Derby County, Watford, etc.. :P :lol:

Brunlea
Been Liked: 54 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Brunlea » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Keep an eye on the Valencia CF website as the kick off times seem to vary right up to the last minute. As previous poster said the price will be higher than normal. You can normally purchase tickets at the team shop and there is one in the centre of the city. Searching on entry can delay you so allow plenty of time. Enjoy

Goddy

Post by Goddy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Thanks guys for the input/advice.

We're staying close to the city centre so will go to the ticket office at the team shop and see if we can sort out tickets pretty much as soon as we get there...

J50
Been Liked: 19 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by J50 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:17 pm

We went to Bilbao vs Barca last year. A slight guess on my part as to how it works... I think Members get tickets in advance and any not taken up are put up for sale. At Bilbao this was in the week before the game, think it was Tues 10am they put them on sale for the Sun game. I managed to get a couple quite easily though checking a couple of hours later it was sold out.

Hope this helps. Hoping to do the same for Barca vs Madrid in October!

Goddy

Post by Goddy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:32 pm

J50 wrote:We went to Bilbao vs Barca last year. A slight guess on my part as to how it works... I think Members get tickets in advance and any not taken up are put up for sale. At Bilbao this was in the week before the game, think it was Tues 10am they put them on sale for the Sun game. I managed to get a couple quite easily though checking a couple of hours later it was sold out.

Nice one - thanks J50. Think I'll go down to the club shop/ticket office the day after we get here 25th Sept. The match is on 7th Oct so hopefully I can either get a couple of tickets or find out when they'll go on general sale.

As I say, above, appreciate the thoughts of all who've pitched in here

Goddy

Post by Goddy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:43 pm

Well gang, got here and checked out the ticket situation.

Tickets started at - get this - €100 (long since sold) and go up to €230.

Singles available at €150 but if we want to sit together it's a mere €205 each. ... and people are paying these bonkers prices!!!???

Valencia at home to Celta Vigo tomorrow night with tickets at €30-90. No brainer. Missing Messi - catching Celta instead.

UTC tonight by the way.

Wo Didi
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 803 times

Post by Wo Didi » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:47 am

SlidingTackle wrote:Not help regarding tickets but certainly 'advice'.

He is still around, I saw him in Moscow during the world cup. While we were there he was approached by an English camera crew, BBC I think, and I don't think he speaks any English, he was trying to get across he'd been to all these world cups as if the tv crew didn't realise who he was. I don't think anyone understood anything that was said, was funny to watch though.

The Hung Juror
Been Liked: 107 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by The Hung Juror » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:04 am

J50 wrote:We went to Bilbao vs Barca last year. A slight guess on my part as to how it works... I think Members get tickets in advance and any not taken up are put up for sale. At Bilbao this was in the week before the game, think it was Tues 10am they put them on sale for the Sun game. I managed to get a couple quite easily though checking a couple of hours later it was sold out.

Blimey, my lad and I went to the same game and then to the Eibar v Levante game the following day. Planning on doing the same this October and then taking in the Alves v Villareal game on the Sunday. But as you allude to getting Bilbao tickets is a bit of a nightmare. Tickets only go on general sale 5 days before the game and they're expensive, if you miss the cheaper €40 tickets you may have to pay upwards of €80 or €100 and no concessions.

J50
Been Liked: 19 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by J50 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:50 pm

The Hung Juror wrote:Blimey, my lad and I went to the same game and then to the Eibar v Levante game the following day. Planning on doing the same this October and then taking in the Alves v Villareal game on the Sunday. But as you allude to getting Bilbao tickets is a bit of a nightmare. Tickets only go on general sale 5 days before the game and they're expensive, if you miss the cheaper €40 tickets you may have to pay upwards of €80 or €100 and no concessions.

Yes I think I paid about EUR90 for each ticket and when they went on sale there weren't that many available dotted around the stadium. Felt quite a traditional club and there was a programme on Sky a few weeks later about how they don't buy players and only recruit in the region etc. Proper club. Though we thought we saw someone wearing the blue and white quarters of a Rovers shirt and I was relieved to find out later that it wasn't it was Bilbao's shirt from years ago! We were sat about level with the goal line and with the small Barca section of supporters above us.

The Hung Juror
Been Liked: 107 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by The Hung Juror » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:35 pm

J50 wrote:Yes I think I paid about EUR90 for each ticket and when they went on sale there weren't that many available dotted around the stadium. Felt quite a traditional club and there was a programme on Sky a few weeks later about how they don't buy players and only recruit in the region etc. Proper club. Though we thought we saw someone wearing the blue and white quarters of a Rovers shirt and I was relieved to find out later that it wasn't it was Bilbao's shirt from years ago! We were sat about level with the goal line and with the small Barca section of supporters above us.
We were 4 rows back near the Barca dug out, in the cheaper seats. I'd been keeping an eye on how tickets for their previous games sold and contacted the club to find the date and exact time for them going on sale online. I pounced as soon as they came up. There were quite a few Barca fans around us, but no hint of any trouble. The atmosphere when the teams came out, with the flag waving and the singing of the Athletic 'anthem' was terrific, an forgettable experience.
This user liked this post: J50

JellyBaby
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by JellyBaby » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:55 pm

Has anyone been to a Barca game and have info on tickets...how to get them/price etc?

Hantsclaret
Been Liked: 13 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Hantsclaret » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:33 am

JellyBaby

Its much easier than you might expect to get tickets for a game in Barcelona - and strangely it gets easier as you get closer to the game.

Members have the ability to sell their tickets back - through the official club website - so you can just use the website, buy there and print at home (or just have mobile tickets)

We tend to go a couple of times a season - never missed out on getting a ticket - even for the Classico - but if you look a month out and there are no tickets, dont panic - just keep an eye on the website and, typically about a week before, lots of tickets become available. Typically ranging somewhere between 40 and 100 Euro. The tickets on the top tier are cheaper but its very high so, if you can, try and get some lower down!

Have fun!
This user liked this post: JellyBaby

JellyBaby
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by JellyBaby » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:39 pm

[quote="Hantsclaret"]JellyBaby

Its much easier than you might expect to get tickets for a game in Barcelona - and strangely it gets easier as you get closer to the game.

Members have the ability to sell their tickets back - through the official club website - so you can just use the website, buy there and print at home (or just have mobile tickets)

We tend to go a couple of times a season - never missed out on getting a ticket - even for the Classico - but if you look a month out and there are no tickets, dont panic - just keep an eye on the website and, typically about a week before, lots of tickets become available. Typically ranging somewhere between 40 and 100 Euro. The tickets on the top tier are cheaper but its very high so, if you can, try and get some lower down!

Have fun![/quote

Great! Thanks for the info.