Line of Duty

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Shore claret
Been Liked: 267 times
Has Liked: 660 times

Re: Line of Duty

Post by Shore claret » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:39 pm

I would also like to put on record that the gangster lass is as fit as a butchers dog.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:I think you are both correct ShoreClaret and Ian in that Hastings has planted gangster-lass under-cover with a view to smoking out both H and Corbett after he went full rogue. Then, after Corbett's attack on his wife, old Ted used her to facilitate Corbett's demise by encouraging him to betray the gang.
Probably totally wrong mind you !
Nice theory, and they probably didn’t realise that each other was a copper.

expoultryboy
Been Liked: 334 times
Has Liked: 453 times

Post by expoultryboy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:49 pm

Stalbans : i agree with you . Plus : "H" stands for "her"( Gill ) and that's why the pc is typed so you can't hear a female voice . Gill slept with Hastings last week , did he use a condom ??? If so , it could well end up in the fridge . The Asian copper who keeps giving John information seems a bit dubious , is she Gill's mole ? All probably completely wrong , but it's good fun trying to guess all the twists . As for the ulster connection , not a clue .

willsclarets
Been Liked: 680 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Lisa is definitely undercover, she recognised "definitely" spelled wrong on the laptop chat which must be code so she knows it's him.
As for H, I'm not even sure it's a singular person but a network. Doubtful we've met H even if it is a person but that laywer hussy who had an affair with Hastings is definitely a "baddy"

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:13 pm

willsclarets wrote:Lisa is definitely undercover, she recognised "definitely" spelled wrong on the laptop chat which must be code so she knows it's him.
As for H, I'm not even sure it's a singular person but a network. Doubtful we've met H even if it is a person but that laywer hussy who had an affair with Hastings is definitely a "baddy"
I didn't know about the "definitely" thing until earlier because of this thread, but i too remembered her having a suspicious look after one of the messages so i went back to have a look if it corresponded to the same message but it didn't. Her look of suspicion came after the last message about bringing it all to a close.

JamesSherbourne
Been Liked: 300 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Post by JamesSherbourne » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:24 pm

Just watched Sunday’s episode, brilliant viewing. Have to agree about the Gangster lass being a copper

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:57 am

I'm not sure if she is undercover but she got the scouse under cover copper killed on Hastings orders, after he went round to his wife's house and got info on him.
That's why he jumped on the keyboard to message her close it with the spelling mistake to let her know it was him.

WestMidsClaret
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 506 times

Post by WestMidsClaret » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:07 am

I think Corbett and Lisa knew each other were both under cover but couldn't let their covers slip and were trying to work out if they other had turned. The "bring it to a close" was definitely Hastings giving her the order to bump off Corbett. Its too obvious for Hastings to be H but could be a double bluff.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:11 am

Or did Corbett admit to Lisa he was a copper when he said he had a way out for them?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:23 am

WestMidsClaret wrote:I think Corbett and Lisa knew each other were both under cover but couldn't let their covers slip and were trying to work out if they other had turned. The "bring it to a close" was definitely Hastings giving her the order to bump off Corbett. Its too obvious for Hastings to be H but could be a double bluff.
Wow. I didn't consider "bring it to a close" to be an execution order.

I'm starting to hope Hastings is dirty, because it would be great for the story if this all wasn't just audience manipulation by the writers.
This user liked this post: WestMidsClaret

WestMidsClaret

Post by WestMidsClaret » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:33 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Wow. I didn't consider "bring it to a close" to be an execution order.

I'm starting to hope Hastings is dirty, because it would be great for the story if this all wasn't just audience manipulation by the writers.
I didn't watch the program until a few months ago when me and the missus binged it on Netflix but I thought it was Hastings earlyish on. Then as you say it looks like the writers are trying to lead the audience to Hastings being H but it's too obvious for me. I think Lisa is working for Hastings but I'm not sure if they're exclusively on the same side. So far H has been Hastings, Hunter, Hargreaves and Gill but that's what make this brilliant drama because I can't work it out ha.

WestMidsClaret

Post by WestMidsClaret » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:44 am

Just a question I'd like to ask in case I missed something. Corbett told Arnott about the meet with H in the shopping mall and said that nobody knew about it except them 2 and if Arnott told anyone and H didn't show then they'd knew there was a leak. Now as far as I'm aware Arnott only told Hastings in the meeting where Hastings was giving him a bollocking so that means it's Arnott or Hastings right? Unless I missed something. But I'm pretty sure H isn't Hastings as he always looks suspicious when he meets the dodgy Lawyer who gave him a bung envelope. Could be Arnott.

When Corbett got bumped off me and the missus were like :shock:
It is great viewing.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:50 am

I don’t think it can be Arnott to be fair.

It wouldn't match up with all the other series.

brigante
Been Liked: 240 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by brigante » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:56 am

I think it’s the lawyer lady. As well as being in the know, the whole no voice comms make for a good disguise that H, who I think they regularly refer to as “he”, is female.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:59 am

One of my problems with Hastings being H is why would he have money troubles if he was already corrupt and had the ability to clean as much money as he needed?

I wonder (i've literally just pulled out of my arse right now and will no doubt be easily debunkable when i think a bit more) if the first 5 seasons of Hasting's character arc have been about getting him undercover. Fabricating money problems, fake marriage problems, faking an assault on his wife by an undercover officer (although it could be real and still fit, i suppose).

If the OCG could turn the head of an anti-corruption office there'd be fewer greater assets for them to have, similarly there would be no better undercover officer to have inside an OCG than the head of an AC office that the OCG thinks is on their side.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:01 am

brigante wrote:I think it’s the lawyer lady. As well as being in the know, the whole no voice comms make for a good disguise that H, who I think they regularly refer to as “he”, is female.
More likely that voice comes can be more easily intercepted and harder to route through multiple VPNs. If it was just about the gender of the voice then it's pretty easy to disguise a voice.

But there are other reasons to think it might be her, one being that she's already a ****. So the idea of it being her isn't without merit.

WestMidsClaret

Post by WestMidsClaret » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:06 am

That was a view I put on here the other week. That Hastings has allowed himself to get blackmailed by the OCG so to find out who H is. I think Hastings could be a UC double agent.

H could be Steve's ex but I haven't found any clues linking her in.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:03 pm

WestMidsClaret wrote:Just a question I'd like to ask in case I missed something. Corbett told Arnott about the meet with H in the shopping mall and said that nobody knew about it except them 2 and if Arnott told anyone and H didn't show then they'd knew there was a leak. Now as far as I'm aware Arnott only told Hastings in the meeting where Hastings was giving him a bollocking so that means it's Arnott or Hastings right? Unless I missed something. But I'm pretty sure H isn't Hastings as he always looks suspicious when he meets the dodgy Lawyer who gave him a bung envelope. Could be Arnott.
Of course, the whole team that went to the meeting must have also been told about it, so it doesn't really help narrow it down.

WestMidsClaret

Post by WestMidsClaret » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:33 pm

Now one drama has finished another starts at 9! Wonder what we are in for this time.

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:41 pm

H isnt the gaffer

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:45 pm

H isn't actually a person, it's a codename for the the OCG's secret hentai appreciation club which Hastings is a part of.

WestMidsClaret

Post by WestMidsClaret » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:57 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:H isn't actually a person, it's a codename for the the OCG's secret hentai appreciation club which Hastings is a part of.
Is that a prediction or a spoiler ;)

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:14 pm

Waiting ...

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:58 pm

Pretty sure we've been introduced to another corrupt copper, and i'm equally sure she's not H.
I also no longer think Hastings can be H.

I said in an earlier post that there's be fewer greater assets than the head of an AC unit for an OCG to have turned, which made me think that maybe Hastings was possibly H, either and legitimately corrupt, or as a double agent pretending to be corrupt. But now i think they already have a corrupt leader of an AC unit, because why wouldn't they?

Hastings says DCS Carmichael was fast-tracked to her position as head of AC-3, so if she is bent then she likely was from early in her career and was helped along by H him/herself. And we learned tonight that the OGS is placing their members into the police force because what's-his-face Ryan is having his interview, which for some reason means he has to lie low. I'm sure this means he's joining the police. (This is the same little **** who in season 1 was riding his little bike calling Tony a "bent *******").
I know we had Dott who was corrupt for a long time, but i don't know if he was planted in the force (although he probably was if he was caddying for Tommy Hunter), but this confirms they're still doing it.

As for Hastings, i think he's being fitted up. If H is who i think it is then H will have known Corbett was undercover. They'll also have known the extent of Hasting's investigation and needed to find a way to remove him and his team. When the Deputy Chief Constable ordered Hasting's team off the investigation and he didn't comply H will have had to force him off the case. It'd be a simple matter for H to have him followed, and to find out who he visited at Blackthorne. It'd be a simple matter to have who he visited refuse to cooperate. This means that at any time, any one of the OCG who gets arrested can just utter the words "all i know is the info came from Blackthorne" when asked "how'd you know Corbett was a cop?" This gets the police to start looking into the visitor logs where they would find Hasting's name.

Lisa also had to know Hasting's wasn't in custody. She knew Arnott and Fleming were on his team from the photos and if he really was corrupt they'll have never been allowed to interview her. And this is why I think the only thing she said to them, after "no comment" on everything else, was the info about the Intel on Corbett coming from Blackthorne.

I think Hastings will be forced into retirement next episode, even though there's nothing substantial against him. The money suggests a bribe took place, but there's nothing as to what that bribe could have been. The guy in prison can lie and say Hastings told him about Corbett, but it'd be his word against Hastings', so i don't think he'll face prosecution, but his career is probably toast.

As for H. I'm not sure we've met that character yet. Although if we have then i'm leaning towards it being more than one person. Gill and her boss Commissioner Sindwhani.
These 2 users liked this post: conyoviejo WestMidsClaret

CaptainKirk
Been Liked: 385 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by CaptainKirk » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:22 am

Sorry, but you need to get out more.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:28 am

CaptainKirk wrote:Sorry, but you need to get out more.
At 11:58pm on a Sunday my options are limited. I did call your missus but she was with another client, so instead i wrote that post.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1599 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:55 am

In the final episode we find out that H is....

.....Harry Rednapp.

WestMidsClaret

Post by WestMidsClaret » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:36 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Pretty sure we've been introduced to another corrupt copper, and i'm equally sure she's not H.
I also no longer think Hastings can be H.

I said in an earlier post that there's be fewer greater assets than the head of an AC unit for an OCG to have turned, which made me think that maybe Hastings was possibly H, either and legitimately corrupt, or as a double agent pretending to be corrupt. But now i think they already have a corrupt leader of an AC unit, because why wouldn't they?

Hastings says DCS Carmichael was fast-tracked to her position as head of AC-3, so if she is bent then she likely was from early in her career and was helped along by H him/herself. And we learned tonight that the OGS is placing their members into the police force because what's-his-face Ryan is having his interview, which for some reason means he has to lie low. I'm sure this means he's joining the police. (This is the same little **** who in season 1 was riding his little bike calling Tony a "bent *******").
I know we had Dott who was corrupt for a long time, but i don't know if he was planted in the force (although he probably was if he was caddying for Tommy Hunter), but this confirms they're still doing it.

As for Hastings, i think he's being fitted up. If H is who i think it is then H will have known Corbett was undercover. They'll also have known the extent of Hasting's investigation and needed to find a way to remove him and his team. When the Deputy Chief Constable ordered Hasting's team off the investigation and he didn't comply H will have had to force him off the case. It'd be a simple matter for H to have him followed, and to find out who he visited at Blackthorne. It'd be a simple matter to have who he visited refuse to cooperate. This means that at any time, any one of the OCG who gets arrested can just utter the words "all i know is the info came from Blackthorne" when asked "how'd you know Corbett was a cop?" This gets the police to start looking into the visitor logs where they would find Hasting's name.

Lisa also had to know Hasting's wasn't in custody. She knew Arnott and Fleming were on his team from the photos and if he really was corrupt they'll have never been allowed to interview her. And this is why I think the only thing she said to them, after "no comment" on everything else, was the info about the Intel on Corbett coming from Blackthorne.

I think Hastings will be forced into retirement next episode, even though there's nothing substantial against him. The money suggests a bribe took place, but there's nothing as to what that bribe could have been. The guy in prison can lie and say Hastings told him about Corbett, but it'd be his word against Hastings', so i don't think he'll face prosecution, but his career is probably toast.

As for H. I'm not sure we've met that character yet. Although if we have then i'm leaning towards it being more than one person. Gill and her boss Commissioner Sindwhani.
Good stuff Charlie. I never thought Hastings was H as I've said a few times it was too obvious. There are new characters being brought in now so everyone is going to be H or that's what the writers want people guessing at. Is next week's feature length episode the last ever one? If it is we've seen H if not then we haven't and these new characters are going to carry the drama on to another series.

So Hastings knows Lisa or pretended to (either because he's planted her there or he was playing the role). I watched last week's episode again the other day more closely and when Hastings wrote "bring it to a close" Lisa's face and body language completely changed as if she knew what that meant and entailed. So my thoughts about them 2 knowing each and Hastings giving her the order to have Corbett killed looked sound but then last nights episode happened haha. I still think there's something in that. It was a clever ploy for them not to show the whole Blackthorne chat with Lee Banks as it keeps the suspicion going regarding Hastings.

Need to watch last night's episode again really because I had a 2 year old blabbing away through most of it. But I did think it was a bit disjointed but that may have been another clever ploy for future series'.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:16 am

WestMidsClaret wrote:Good stuff Charlie. I never thought Hastings was H as I've said a few times it was too obvious. There are new characters being brought in now so everyone is going to be H or that's what the writers want people guessing at. Is next week's feature length episode the last ever one? If it is we've seen H if not then we haven't and these new characters are going to carry the drama on to another series.

So Hastings knows Lisa or pretended to (either because he's planted her there or he was playing the role). I watched last week's episode again the other day more closely and when Hastings wrote "bring it to a close" Lisa's face and body language completely changed as if she knew what that meant and entailed. So my thoughts about them 2 knowing each and Hastings giving her the order to have Corbett killed looked sound but then last nights episode happened haha. I still think there's something in that. It was a clever ploy for them not to show the whole Blackthorne chat with Lee Banks as it keeps the suspicion going regarding Hastings.

Need to watch last night's episode again really because I had a 2 year old blabbing away through most of it. But I did think it was a bit disjointed but that may have been another clever ploy for future series'.
There's at least one more season.

I'm not sure about Lisa. She could be undercover, and it would explain her reaction to Corbett's death and why she let Cafferty live at the beginning of the first episode. And i suppose it could make sense that they are working together if one of their goals is to make Hastings look corrupted by someone outside the OGC, but to what and? I'm not sure. It could be to plant Hastings undercover as someone that the OCG thinks was already corrupt. They can't compromise Hastings since he's already demonstrated that he'll admit compromising information (his money problems) to his superiors, but if he can believably be made to look like he's already corrupt then maybe he'll become of interest to H as a potential asset.It struct me as really out of character for him to be non-compliant and challenged whats-her-face to arrest him while he walked out of AC-12.

**** knows what's going on. I wouldn't be surprised if Hastings has been running an op for a number of years and every time he's looked worried it's just because Steve and Kate were getting too close to it. But as for him being H, i don't see it. If he was H then him panicking and leaving AC-12 was genuine, and i doubt you're as successful a criminal as H if you're panicked because in your hotel room is £50k that looks a bit suspicious. If he was H he also wouldn't be stupid enough to use a Blackthorne inmate with a recorded visit to communicate that Corbett was a cop.

bob-the-scutter
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by bob-the-scutter » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:24 am

Sutton-Claret wrote:I've heard on good authority that it's H from Steps - always thought he was a wrong-un.
Nah.....definitely not bent is he?

WestMidsClaret

Post by WestMidsClaret » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:38 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:There's at least one more season.

I'm not sure about Lisa. She could be undercover, and it would explain her reaction to Corbett's death and why she let Cafferty live at the beginning of the first episode. And i suppose it could make sense that they are working together if one of their goals is to make Hastings look corrupted by someone outside the OGC, but to what and? I'm not sure. It could be to plant Hastings undercover as someone that the OCG thinks was already corrupt. They can't compromise Hastings since he's already demonstrated that he'll admit compromising information (his money problems) to his superiors, but if he can believably be made to look like he's already corrupt then maybe he'll become of interest to H as a potential asset.It struct me as really out of character for him to be non-compliant and challenged whats-her-face to arrest him while he walked out of AC-12.

**** knows what's going on. I wouldn't be surprised if Hastings has been running an op for a number of years and every time he's looked worried it's just because Steve and Kate were getting too close to it. But as for him being H, i don't see it. If he was H then him panicking and leaving AC-12 was genuine, and i doubt you're as successful a criminal as H if you're panicked because in your hotel room is £50k that looks a bit suspicious. If he was H he also wouldn't be stupid enough to use a Blackthorne inmate with a recorded visit to communicate that Corbett was a cop.
To be honest it's typical BBC. They'll leave a few seeds here and there. Leave certain little things unexplained then IF they do do another series they can exploit these things (happens in Luthar, Dr Who etc). Hastings could be double bluffing but it's doubtful. He knew AC12 was being pulled off the investigation so wanted to crack the case or was he doing it so he could hide things hmmmm :lol:

Think the new characters being brought in probably leads to another series. Think they are trying to keep it fresh. Even the if Hastings is being closed out don't be surprised if you see him later on down the line. I reckon that's where they are going with his character. Leaving it open for a possible return in another series. I doubt we'll get all the answers next week but even if we do there will be little nuggets planted.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:49 am

It was announced in 2017 that there would be a season 6

WestMidsClaret

Post by WestMidsClaret » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:55 am

Ah OK didn't know that. Maybe that's why it looks as though they are wrapping it up because at the time of filming they may not have known if they'd be commissioned for series 6. So they will be planting stories then ha.

Tread Warily
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 123 times

Post by Tread Warily » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:58 am

Two more series promised.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:28 am

H is definitely DCC Andrea Wise , I think :D

Sausage
Been Liked: 637 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Post by Sausage » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:42 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:And we learned tonight that the OGS is placing their members into the police force because what's-his-face Ryan is having his interview, which for some reason means he has to lie low.
It'll be some twist if H is revealed as Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
This user liked this post: simonclaret

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:44 am

Sausage wrote:It'll be some twist if H is revealed as Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
I'm surprised you only found one mistake like that. You have no idea how many times i had to hit backspace to correct myself.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2562 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:30 pm

i think they'd have been better wrapping it up this series rather than dragging it out over another. its great telly but the plot is getting a bit to convoluted now and the dialogue this series, especially last night, has been pretty poor. kate has been reduced to saying 'christ steve' every 5 mins so there's almost no point to her anymore (apart from being H, obvs)

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:36 pm

I could tell Hastings wasn't H and I've only seen the clips on Googlebox!

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 997 times
Has Liked: 2007 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:38 pm

They must have the worst surveillance team in Europe. Its the second week running where a suspect has evaded capture due to them escaping trough an "unknown " exit. Corbett in last weeks episode disappeared in to fresh air through an unguarded door in the car park and McQueen, Hastings and the bald guy evaded capture from the club through an "unknown " door.........

...........or is that all part of it :D

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:55 am

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:They must have the worst surveillance team in Europe. Its the second week running where a suspect has evaded capture due to them escaping trough an "unknown " exit. Corbett in last weeks episode disappeared in to fresh air through an unguarded door in the car park and McQueen, Hastings and the bald guy evaded capture from the club through an "unknown " door.........

...........or is that all part of it :D
The planning department of their local council are going to have some stern words to say to Lisa.
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

THEWELLERNUT70

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:58 am

I wonder if there is any significance in putting the body parts of Corbett and Lavertys in the same bag?
Also wasnt Laverty a dodgy property developer? Could she have had something to do with the failed Kettle Bell project in Ireland?
This user liked this post: Shore claret

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:13 am

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:I wonder if there is any significance in putting the body parts of Corbett and Lavertys in the same bag?
Also wasnt Laverty a dodgy property developer? Could she have had something to do with the failed Kettle Bell project in Ireland?
That's an interesting point. She was murdered the same year it went bankrupt. She also killed her accountant because he discovered that she was laundering money and threatened to report her. If Kettle Bell was party of her money laundering then when she died it would naturally have lost it's funding leaving.

THEWELLERNUT70

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:06 am

I've just seen online an interview with Jake Mercurio that goes along the lines of that there will definitely be a series 6, however they are in talks with the BBC regarding a 7th series as they need this green lit so they know how to pace and how to tie up series 6

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 1000 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:42 pm

If there is at least 1 (and possibly more) further series; it seems less likely that it'll be revealed who the big baddie (H) is in this series.

I'd guess that Ted will be exonerated in this instance but doubts may still remain, the "could straight-as-a-die Ted really be a baddie" debate is a big point of interest. There'll probably be some high ranking copper apprehended/killed though - hopefully Gill Biggeloe rather than Ted.

May be that Ted has deliberately "set himself up" in this plot - unlikely his character would do what he's done (leaving the £50s bundle in his room/ walking into the Club etc) without that as a reason.
Not long to wait for the denouement now; hope Steve get's his mojo back though.

WestMidsClaret

Post by WestMidsClaret » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:22 pm

OK my 3 guesses for H is Ted Hastings, Roz Huntley or Tommy Hunter.

ClaretDiver
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by ClaretDiver » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:35 pm

WestMidsClaret wrote:OK my 3 guesses for H is Ted Hastings, Roz Huntley or Tommy Hunter.
I reckon Gill Biggelow

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 1000 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:55 pm

I reckon Gill Biggelow
Ive seen it put forward somewhere (don't think on this board) that Gill is H on the basis that anybody with initials GB might well get "H" as a nickname on the basis of GBH (especially suitable in police circles I guess). Clever suggestion - I hope it's right but I dont think we'll find out in this series who H is but rather who H isnt.

WestMidsClaret

Post by WestMidsClaret » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:36 pm

Hastings to be killed off 10/11 :shock:

Can't see it myself. Think he's being saved for an appearance further down the line.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:29 pm

Hastings will go down as H next Sunday but in all probability will be exonerated in series 6. Until a post above I thought I had been watching series 6 I have watched that many