has anyone stopped drinking completely?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dansch
Been Liked: 35 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Re: has anyone stopped drinking completely?

Post by dansch » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:19 pm

I have also got through January without touching a drop and found it relatively easy considering what I was like last year.

0.5% beers have been a godsend as others have said and made me realise I don't need to drink like I did, I think there's a bit of psychology in it as well. My personal favourite has been a pale called big drop pine trail which tastes just like a decent pale ale.

I get what people are saying about going to extremes but I'm really proud of myself for abstaining for this long and just wanted to prove to myself I could do it.

Good luck to everyone else.

"Cheers"

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:59 pm

dansch wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:19 pm
I have also got through January without touching a drop and found it relatively easy considering what I was like last year.

0.5% beers have been a godsend as others have said and made me realise I don't need to drink like I did, I think there's a bit of psychology in it as well. My personal favourite has been a pale called big drop pine trail which tastes just like a decent pale ale.

I get what people are saying about going to extremes but I'm really proud of myself for abstaining for this long and just wanted to prove to myself I could do it.

Good luck to everyone else.

"Cheers"
Who sells Big Drop Pine Trail ?
Might give it a go

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2310 times
Has Liked: 2173 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:22 pm

I drank toughly 4 days a week last year and every day throughout the summer but stopped on the 28th December because I wanted to have a clear head in the new year and get my act together.
I will try and keep it up I think as I’ve had my moments when I’ve wanted to crack open a bottle of Red Wine or have a nice Rum with ice but on the whole, with the weather being crap, no pubs or restaurants being open I’m feeling much better for it. I’ve no intention of stopping as I enjoy the social side or my local pub, football & cricket and eating out but I think I’ll knock drinking in the house on the head as I realised I was getting far to attached to it, plus the Mrs doesn’t drink.

Lost half a stone as well, so I’m pretty much the weight I should be and sleeping miles better
This user liked this post: dansch

dansch

Post by dansch » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:27 pm

dpinsussex wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:59 pm
Who sells Big Drop Pine Trail ?
Might give it a go
I bought it online from Amazon (apologies), for some reason it was massively reduced but isn't anymore I don't think. Another decent one is Infinite session pale ale which I know the supermarkets do but that might only be online or you can buy from their website. In terms of lager there's one called Lucky Saint which you can buy in big supermarkets which tastes really good, better than a lot of alcoholic lagers in my opinion
This user liked this post: dpinsussex

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 3190 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:35 pm

Not many to choose from over here........nothing other than lager that i've seen.

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:11 pm

dansch wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:27 pm
I bought it online from Amazon (apologies), for some reason it was massively reduced but isn't anymore I don't think. Another decent one is Infinite session pale ale which I know the supermarkets do but that might only be online or you can buy from their website. In terms of lager there's one called Lucky Saint which you can buy in big supermarkets which tastes really good, better than a lot of alcoholic lagers in my opinion
Thanks

Yes the infinite session is pretty good.

If you like wine mcguigan zero is a lovely dry white . Sainsbury sell it

dansch

Post by dansch » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:32 pm

dpinsussex wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:11 pm
Thanks

Yes the infinite session is pretty good.

If you like wine mcguigan zero is a lovely dry white . Sainsbury sell it
Thanks I'll check it out. I'm sure the Mrs would appreciate it too as she loves a sauvignon blanc but is nearly 6 months pregnant!

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:33 pm

Big Sam's Just starting...

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1184 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:29 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:22 pm
I drank toughly 4 days a week last year and every day throughout the summer but stopped on the 28th December because I wanted to have a clear head in the new year and get my act together.
I will try and keep it up I think as I’ve had my moments when I’ve wanted to crack open a bottle of Red Wine or have a nice Rum with ice but on the whole, with the weather being crap, no pubs or restaurants being open I’m feeling much better for it. I’ve no intention of stopping as I enjoy the social side or my local pub, football & cricket and eating out but I think I’ll knock drinking in the house on the head as I realised I was getting far to attached to it, plus the Mrs doesn’t drink.

Lost half a stone as well, so I’m pretty much the weight I should be and sleeping miles better
Good on you, it’s important not to put pressure on & set targets, any reduction is a positive, regarding the weight that’s also good, giving up the drink for some people makes no difference weight wise there could drink water & eat salad there still wouldn’t lose weight the metabolism just won’t allow to shed, with heavy drink even moderate drink dependant on the person you skip the REM cycles so it’s no surprise sleeping as improved.