Holiday cancellations

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: Holiday cancellations

Post by Bfc » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:08 pm

Thanks for that Spike.
I've today E Mailed Customer Service at APH car park and Lounge quoting my Ref details, requesting they cancel my bookings due to disruptive travel plans. I will notify readers of the outcome, as this hopefully may benefit others, who have booked with them.

claret3561
Been Liked: 136 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by claret3561 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:00 pm

Just over 1 week until our Portugal golfing trip but until all flights are cancelled easyjet wont offer any sort of refund if we dont go, so it now seems like it must be an essential trip.

Claretpants
Been Liked: 75 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Post by Claretpants » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:41 pm

For anyone who may have booked using LastMinute my April holiday package was cancelled and they will only offer a voucher for full amount.....valid for 12months

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:55 pm

Claretpants wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:41 pm
For anyone who may have booked using LastMinute my April holiday package was cancelled and they will only offer a voucher for full amount.....valid for 12months
How you doing pants.. :D

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8534 times
Has Liked: 18271 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:15 pm

Bfc wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:08 pm
Thanks for that Spike.
I've today E Mailed Customer Service at APH car park and Lounge quoting my Ref details, requesting they cancel my bookings due to disruptive travel plans. I will notify readers of the outcome, as this hopefully may benefit others, who have booked with them.
Got a full refund from APH for our booking at Manchester Airport no problems.... I just cancelled on the 'my booking' page and the money was back in my account within 48hrs

Claretpants
Been Liked: 75 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Post by Claretpants » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:18 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:55 pm
How you doing pants.. :D
Ok Tim you got any toilet roll? Trade you a pint of milk
This user liked this post: Bosscat

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:57 pm

Claretpants wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:18 pm
Ok Tim you got any toilet roll? Trade you a pint of milk
No... but penguin_pete53 on Instagram has a few sheets spare. Keep the pants clean lad. :D

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:41 pm

Anyone had a flight/holiday cancelled by easyjet

Mine got cancelled and was told a full refund will be repaid in 5-7 working day's, its been 9 now and nothing back from them

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:44 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:41 pm

Mine got cancelled and was told a full refund will be repaid in 5-7 working day's, its been 9 now and nothing back from them
I had one cancelled from Ryanair this week and they have said up to 20 days for the refund - that is probably more realistic of a timescale given the volumes all airlines are having to deal with at a time when their staffing numbers will be lower too.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:47 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:41 pm

I was due to fly to Spain with them end of April but obviously cancelled. Got a new email off them today advising they are working through things in departure date order and they will be in touch nearer the time

Holiday company's are no different to anyone else in that they will be short on staff and overloaded with calls and enquiries. I think it is just a case of being patient and understanding their situation and trusting they will sort you out when they reach your place in the queue.

Unless its urgent the best thing everyone can do is to leave them to it and not add to the workload with needless calls or messages
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1184 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:36 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:45 am
Thank god we're protected by comprehensive EU travel legislation...
It will benefit some people that can actually afford holidays in the first place, due to some EU rules the likelihood of holiday is remote for some other people.

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:00 pm

Hubby supposed to be having a bonding holiday with eldest son for his 30'th, booked through United Airlines Vacations, trip to San Francisco, 2 nights, hire car, drive PCH1 to LA, 2 night's LA, drive to San Diego, return via Houston, 2/3rds paid for, will ask for remainder any day. Travel date 14 May, he doesn't think it will happen and skeptical about money back. Especially from car hire booked via middle man, he's hoping they will allow postponement.

Will be so many in same boat for next 3 months at least.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1826 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:00 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:36 pm
It will benefit some people that can actually afford holidays in the first place, due to some EU rules the likelihood of holiday is remote for some other people.
The EU stops you going on holiday!
That would be a much better Daily Mail headline, always good to workshop these things.

Which EU rules would these be out of interest?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:18 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:00 pm
The EU stops you going on holiday!
That would be a much better Daily Mail headline, always good to workshop these things.

Which EU rules would these be out of interest?
No but less money in your pocket does, immigration cost some people there jobs which they never recovered due to cheap foreign labour entering the country. I didn't want to bring politics into this thread you did initially.

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:47 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:18 pm
No but less money in your pocket does, immigration cost some people there jobs which they never recovered due to cheap foreign labour entering the country. I didn't want to bring politics into this thread you did initially.
Anecdotal BS. I'll let someone from the London School of Economics explain:

"It's not zero-sum game in which there are only a fixed number of jobs to go round: It’s true that, if an immigrant takes a job, then a British worker can’t take that job – but it doesn’t mean he or she won’t find another one that may have been created, directly or indirectly, as a result of immigration.”
“The bottom line, which may surprise many people, is that EU immigration has not harmed the pay, jobs or public services enjoyed by Britons. In fact, for the most part it has likely made us better off.
So, far from EU immigration being a “necessary evil” that we pay to get access to the greater trade and foreign investment generated by the EU single market, immigration is at worse neutral, and at best, another economic benefit.”

There will always be poorer people, but to blame the EU that they can't go on holiday :roll: :roll:

What is tangible is the hundreds of thousands of people right now falling back on EU regulations that require airlines and package holiday companies to give cash refunds in the event their trip is canceled.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:53 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:47 pm
Anecdotal BS. I'll let someone from the London School of Economics explain:

"It's not zero-sum game in which there are only a fixed number of jobs to go round: It’s true that, if an immigrant takes a job, then a British worker can’t take that job – but it doesn’t mean he or she won’t find another one that may have been created, directly or indirectly, as a result of immigration.”
“The bottom line, which may surprise many people, is that EU immigration has not harmed the pay, jobs or public services enjoyed by Britons. In fact, for the most part it has likely made us better off.
So, far from EU immigration being a “necessary evil” that we pay to get access to the greater trade and foreign investment generated by the EU single market, immigration is at worse neutral, and at best, another economic benefit.”

There will always be poorer people, but to blame the EU that they can't go on holiday :roll: :roll:

What is tangible is the hundreds of thousands of people right now falling back on EU regulations that require airlines and package holiday companies to give cash refunds in the event their trip is canceled.
They are more than welcome to explain their findings to the citizens in Lincolnshire, who were absolutely devastated in some ways with the impact of immigration, I know there are upsides I'll never dispute that, but unfortunately not everybody's a winner & some are still on the road to recovery & for some life will never be the same.

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:58 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:53 pm
They are more than welcome to explain their findings to the citizens in Lincolnshire, who were absolutely devastated in some ways with the impact of immigration, I know there are upsides I'll never dispute that, but unfortunately not everybody's a winner & some are still on the road to recovery & for some life will never be the same.
Winners and losers is called market capitalism, it's one of core pillars of a right wing government and when this is all said and done I believe the rich will be richer and the poor will be poorer. This is not the 'stick it to the man' leveler many were lead to believe it would be.

The EU, for some of it's fault has excellent protections for the everyday person, just like the ones being exercised by holidaymakers now. And businesses would love nothing more than to see the back of them so they can be the winner and we can be the losers.

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfc » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:01 pm

I didn't get a reply from APH, until last Wed, when an e mail advised me I could have a future booking on car parking worth about 150% of my current deal. I couldn't find anything giving me the option of a refund, so I sent another e mail to them, requesting a cash refund.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:04 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:58 pm
Winners and losers is called market capitalism, it's one of core pillars of a right wing government and when this is all said and done I believe the rich will be richer and the poor will be poorer. This is not the 'stick it to the man' leveler many were lead to believe it would be.

The EU, for some of it's fault has excellent protections for the everyday person, just like the ones being exercised by holidaymakers now. And businesses would love nothing more than to see the back of them so they can be the winner and we can be the losers.
There's no disputing the fact this year some people will not be going on holiday because of the impact of immigration & the damage it's already inflicted upon their livelihoods, if you was to ask every single UK resident who couldn't afford to go on holiday this year,
the reason why? Some would say immigration & state in more detail. Like I said some are still recovering & some will never be able to.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6386 times
Has Liked: 8733 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:50 am

Paid for my cruise in June! Went on to change the date and couldn't!

Before paying, I tried to ring them to just hold my deposit. Waited an hour and still waiting.

Not sure when I will be able to change, on that basis.

jackmiggins
Been Liked: 197 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by jackmiggins » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:19 am

Not sure why anyone asks for legal advice on this forum. Responses range from apathetic to inept & usually gets derailed into arguments about a completely different subject.