Donald Trump

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10236 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:13 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:50 pm
I think you'll need a lie down after all that "typing". :lol:

So all he's "typed" is right ?
Christ, that's one hell of a white flag you're waving... ;)

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:36 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:29 pm
Crikey, all his different usernames are out in force again!
I love it when ‘they’ forget what time of day/night it’s supposed to be...... ‘they’ must be exhausted.
This user liked this post: ksrclaret

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6171 times

Post by KateR » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:39 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:36 pm
I love it when ‘they’ forget what time of day/night it’s supposed to be...... ‘they’ must be exhausted.
just out of interest you Welsh Bat, where on the west coast are you?

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2540 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:48 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:36 pm
Yesterday 'they' insisted that I'd been correcting spelling and grammar, but until that was suggested by one of the usernames I'd not done that on this thread at all.

Swapping back and forth must just cause total confusion. :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing KateR

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:54 pm

KateR wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:39 pm
Try and get some rest, maybe sit down with the ‘family’ and have a bite.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:06 pm

Donnie now telling the Governors that “they call the shots”.

Quite a shift from his presser the other night.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1996 times
Has Liked: 1141 times

Post by FCBurnley » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:06 pm

He is obviously on the Left Wing

KateR

Post by KateR » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:08 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:54 pm
Try and get some rest, maybe sit down with the ‘family’ and have a bite.
funnily enough I am just heading to sit around the pool and have a glass of wine, not dinner time yet and lunch was a few hours ago, but that give you some time to think about that difficult question I asked you, where are you on the west coast. It's not difficult, it's not a trick question, I'm not stalking you, just merely interested, city is fine.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:10 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:06 pm
Donnie now telling the Governors that “they call the shots”.

Quite a shift from his presser the other night.
Another part of operation blame everyone else. If it's a disaster, he can blame the Governors. If the Governors manage to salvage something for their respective states, he can tell everyone how right he was to let them call the shots.

The worst of it is, idiots (including on this board) will continue to lap it all up.

Elbarad
Been Liked: 149 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:33 pm

I think someone sat him down and explained that in the USA he had as little authority to control what the states do as far as opening up as he would have to have directed that they all shut down. While I generally give him average marks for the crisis, when he said he had that kind of authority he was dead wrong. The journalist who brought up the 10th Amendment was on the right track.

Uwe Noble
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:29 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:10 pm
Another part of operation blame everyone else. If it's a disaster, he can blame the Governors. If the Governors manage to salvage something for their respective states, he can tell everyone how right he was to let them call the shots.

The worst of it is, idiots (including on this board) will continue to lap it all up.

So he can't win with you, whatever he does. You need help.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:33 pm

Can't win?

Best news of the day.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:35 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:29 pm
So he can't win with you, whatever he does. You need help.
"Hi Doctor, I'm here because Donald Trump can't win with me, whatever he does".

"I see. Who referred you?"

"Uwe Noble from uptheclarets"

"Yes we are familiar with him. He escaped here not long ago."
These 2 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing Vegas Claret

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:08 am

I'm no fan of Pelosi,but this is typical Trump.

Trump praises unity hours after attacks on opponents
Trump has pledged that "the sacrifices our citizens" will be "honoured for generations to come".

He also praised the spirit of bipartisanship that allowed the passage of the massive congressional bailout, and united people across the country.

However, it comes hours after he attacked Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Twitter, calling her "an incompetent, third-rate politician".

In that post, he claimed the California lawmaker had deleted a tweet with a video, taken back in February, where she encouraged people to visit San Francisco's Chinatown to help struggling businesses.

He claimed that this meant she was "responsible for many deaths".

However, fact-checkers have found that Trump's claim is untrue - because Pelosi never tweeted the video in the first place.

The video is a clip from a CBS report on 24 February. San Francisco issued a shelter in place order in mid March.

In the words of the man himself.

FAKE NEWS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

The bizarre thing is i would probably have voted for Trump in 2016,but there's no way i'd vote for him in 2020,he's disgracing the Oval Office.

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:10 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:48 pm
Yesterday 'they' insisted that I'd been correcting spelling and grammar, but until that was suggested by one of the usernames I'd not done that on this thread at all.

Swapping back and forth must just cause total confusion. :lol:
OK, while having my wine I was mulling over your insistence of innocence regarding the spelling etc. and decided I needed to go back and check what I said and why I said it.

So here am I holding up my hand and stating under oath, I was wrong, I apologies, you were right, I did somehow foolishly transpose what Ringo was saying about nouns, etc. with me thinking you had said it.

You definitely did not do the spelling grammer/grammar/ etc. my bad :cry:

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:03 am

KateR wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:10 am
OK, while having my wine I was mulling over your insistence of innocence regarding the spelling etc. and decided I needed to go back and check what I said and why I said it.

So here am I holding up my hand and stating under oath, I was wrong, I apologies, you were right, I did somehow foolishly transpose what Ringo was saying about nouns, etc. with me thinking you had said it.

You definitely did not do the spelling grammer/grammar/ etc. my bad :cry:
It must be difficult to keep track of ‘yourselves’
Especially after a couple of glasses of wine.. hic.

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:07 am

YAWN

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:06 am

I wonder if there has ever been a US president, or any other world leader, that people obsess about as much as they do with trump.
The 'characters' on here cant all be American surely?
I've seen some documentarys about the likes of Kennedy etc, but surely even he didn't live in the heads of so many people this side of the pond.
Weird

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11027 times
Has Liked: 5642 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:58 am

Uwe Noble wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:14 pm
Trump stopped flights coming into the US from China in 31st January. Did you support that move or did you call him a racist?
ok, so Trump stopped flights from China - whoppy ******* do. There are still **** loads of flights operating in America (and I mean **** loads) , the guy is a ******* clueless idiot who's only responsibility is to please his rich mates. He has mismanaged this pandemic to such a level it truly makes me laugh - the ONLY reason we don't have 100'000 deaths here already is down to the State Governors. The sooner Trump gets either thrown in jail or bummed by a Giraffe the better

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:51 am

March 29th:
Transportation Security Administration airport checkpoint numbers show the number of airline passengers fell below 200,000 Friday and Saturday as a result of the coronavirus. Only 184,027 people passed through TSA checkpoints Saturday, and 199,644 Friday. On the same two days last year, 2.1 million and 2.5 million people respectively passed through TSA checkpoints. Fewer than 2 million passengers a day have flown since March 9, and 1 million a day since March 17. That figure has stayed below 500,000 since March 22. Airlines have sharply curtailed their schedules as coronavirus has swept the globe. Domestic carriers have cut their flights by 70% to 90%.

Air travel restrictions are often controversial, and in the context of fighting a pandemic, the practice can spur fierce debates. The World Health Organization, for instance, says international travel bans generally don't work well. In its most recent guidance, the WHO says it "continues to advise against the application of travel or trade restrictions to countries experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks." "In general, evidence shows that restricting the movement of people and goods during public health emergencies is ineffective in most situations and may divert resources from other interventions," the WHO said in late February. "Furthermore, restrictions may interrupt needed aid and technical support, may disrupt businesses, and may have negative social and economic effects on the affected countries." Such limits can be helpful on a temporary basis, the organization said, in situations such as "in settings with few international connections and limited response capacities." The WHO guidance did not mention travel limitations within a single country.

Flightradar24 illustrates the point in a pair of before-and-after images, showing a distinct drop in U.S. domestic traffic from Sunday, March 1 to Sunday, March 29. There were 4,000 fewer planes in the air on the later date — but that still meant some 2,800 flights were airborne. Petchenik also notes that the site's tracking maps don't differentiate between cargo and passenger flights – an important point at a time when many Americans are turning online to stock up on products they might otherwise buy in person.

Maybe the picture will help, they always say a thousand words:
Attachments
coronavirus-tsa-checkpoint-travel-numbers-us-airports-.png
coronavirus-tsa-checkpoint-travel-numbers-us-airports-.png (14.66 KiB) Viewed 2682 times

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:56 am

KateR wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:39 pm
Think I remember him saying he lives in the south west. Which, without wanting to resort to stereotype, would explain his eccentric persona

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:15 am

Damo,
he just doesn't want to talk to me, I think I've upset the poor soul somewhere along the way and he simply does not want to engage, maybe I'll have to start a new account and ask him from that one lol.
This user liked this post: Damo

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:01 am

He will be accusing me of being you now haha. Nice one

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:50 am

KateR wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:08 pm
funnily enough I am just heading to sit around the pool and have a glass of wine, not dinner time yet and lunch was a few hours ago, but that give you some time to think about that difficult question I asked you, where are you on the west coast. It's not difficult, it's not a trick question, I'm not stalking you, just merely interested, city is fine.
Give it a rest, mate, you've been sussed. Your time-keeping seems to be as bad as your spelling and er, "grammer".

Yone.

;)
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3084 times
Has Liked: 3804 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:19 am

tiger76 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:08 am
I'm no fan of Pelosi,but this is typical Trump.

Trump praises unity hours after attacks on opponents
Trump has pledged that "the sacrifices our citizens" will be "honoured for generations to come".

He also praised the spirit of bipartisanship that allowed the passage of the massive congressional bailout, and united people across the country.

However, it comes hours after he attacked Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Twitter, calling her "an incompetent, third-rate politician".

In that post, he claimed the California lawmaker had deleted a tweet with a video, taken back in February, where she encouraged people to visit San Francisco's Chinatown to help struggling businesses.

He claimed that this meant she was "responsible for many deaths".

However, fact-checkers have found that Trump's claim is untrue - because Pelosi never tweeted the video in the first place.

The video is a clip from a CBS report on 24 February. San Francisco issued a shelter in place order in mid March.

In the words of the man himself.

FAKE NEWS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

The bizarre thing is i would probably have voted for Trump in 2016,but there's no way i'd vote for him in 2020,he's disgracing the Oval Office.
I liked Trump early doors. I liked his unconventional, “post what I’m thinking on Twitter” style. Thought it would mix up politics and he has certainly done that... whilst steadily turning himself in to a complete embarrassment.

I thought the impeachment stuff was a big mistake on behalf of the democrats. Clearly he’d done wrong, not doubting that, but nothing I wouldn’t expect the vast majority of politicians would do in his position and nothing significant enough to turn the people against him - thought it would only succeed in rallying his support.

But the way he’s handled this coronavirus situation has been staggering. It’s no worse than the flu, ooops, it’s a terrible killer now my friend’s got it; China are great and so transparent, China are covering it up and it’s all the WHO’s fault; I decide when states reopen, ooops, the Governers do; attacking Governers generally, then proclaiming bipartisan cooperation. It’s hilarious. Or would be, if I didn’t expect his reopening of the US will lead to more tragedy for the American people.

It’s hard to take positives from this virus, but you have to hope one is that it will see him booted out of office in November.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 am

Is it just me or have certain posters gone beyond creepy in the last few weeks ?
The incessant repetition and demanding of answering their questions would make The Gestapo take notes in envy.

As for Trump - Vegas Claret perfectly summed it up for me - jail or being bummed by a giraffe. I would change this to bummed in jail by a giraffe, then a gorilla, then a lion etc
..basically a Noah’s ark type situation.
....the animals came in Donald two by two hurrah hurrah, the animals came in Donald two by two....
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1239 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:05 am

NewClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:19 am

It’s hard to take positives from this virus, but you have to hope one is that it will see him booted out of office in November.
It is a hope that he gets booted out but it is not beyond the imagination for him to get in for 4 more years. If ever a person relies on the saying “there is no such thing as bad publicity” it is Trump. The bloke has been a ruthless businessman all his life (and it’s ingrained in him) so I’m not sure how (or indeed if) anyone would believe he could start to show an empathetic caring side as a major politician. He is probably the most selfish and arrogant person ever to hold such an office.

All that said, he is absolutely comedy gold and he says it as it is (as he sees it....and changes every day)...which you have to admire, however misguided the content may be. In some ways this is better than listening to politicians who pretend to care....when they are all lining their own pockets. Trump is not in it for the money that’s for sure...just the ego

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:51 pm

Trump should be congratulated on the excellent job he has done do far. Per capita the number of coronavirus victims in the US is lower than Ireland. In addition, he's done all this in the teeth of irrational opposition that, fir example, called him a racist when he stopped flights from Wuhan.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Let me share this little nugget with all you Trump- haters just to provide a bit more context:

On March 3rd, the WHO stated, "COVID-19 spreads less efficiently than flu, transmission does not appear to be driven by people who are not sick” (Source - WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the media briefing on COVID-19 - 3 March 2020)(
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:19 pm

:lol:

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:28 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:49 pm
Let me share this little nugget with all you Trump- haters just to provide a bit more context:

On March 3rd, the WHO stated, "COVID-19 spreads less efficiently than flu, transmission does not appear to be driven by people who are not sick” (Source - WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the media briefing on COVID-19 - 3 March 2020)(
Sounds like your quoting Gordleman there..

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:21 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:28 pm
Sounds like your quoting Gordleman there..
Straight from the horse's mouth - the WHO. Can't really dispute that can you?
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone RingoMcCartney

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:40 pm

Damo wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:01 am
He will be accusing me of being you now haha. Nice one
Nah...... you’re not smart enough to carry it off.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:50 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:49 pm

That’s shocking. Do agree with Trump that the WHO have been less than useless in this situation. Also think China have massively covered up both the source and the scale of the issue that could have saved countless lives. Hope it gets properly investigated once they’ve manufactured all our PPE.
This user liked this post: Burnley1989

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:03 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:19 pm
:lol:

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/ ... march-2020

WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the media briefing on COVID-19 - 3 March 2020

"Good afternoon, and thank you once again for joining us in person and also online.

Today is my birthday, and I’ve been given a very good gift from DRC, from my own continent Africa. We have now had two weeks without a single reported case of Ebola, and there are currently no patients receiving treatment.

This is very good news not just for me, but for the whole world – I remember how the whole world was worried about Ebola – and especially for the thousands of health workers who have sacrificed so much in the fight against Ebola, and for making sure we’re where we are. But as one epidemic looks like ending, one front of the fight closing, another is becoming increasingly complex.

There is now a total of 90,893 reported cases of COVID-19 globally, and 3110 deaths.

In the past 24 hours, China reported 129 cases, the lowest number of cases since the 20th of January.

Outside China, 1848 cases were reported in 48 countries. 80% of those cases are from just three countries: the Republic of Korea, the Islamic Republic of Iran and Italy.

This virus is not SARS, it’s not MERS, and it’s not influenza. It is a unique virus with unique characteristics.

Both COVID-19 and influenza cause respiratory disease and spread the same way, via smsmall droplets of fluid from the nose and mouth of someone who is sick.

However, there are some important differences between COVID-19 and influenza.

First, COVID-19 does not transmit as efficiently as influenza, from the data we have so far.

With influenza, people who are infected but not yet sick are major drivers of transmission, which does not appear to be the case for COVID-19.

Evidence from China is that only 1% of reported cases do not have symptoms, and most of those cases develop symptoms within 2 days"

Not laughing now are you Eddie!
This user liked this post: Uwe Noble

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:06 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:05 am
It is a hope that he gets booted out but it is not beyond the imagination for him to get in for 4 more years. If ever a person relies on the saying “there is no such thing as bad publicity” it is Trump. The bloke has been a ruthless businessman all his life (and it’s ingrained in him) so I’m not sure how (or indeed if) anyone would believe he could start to show an empathetic caring side as a major politician. He is probably the most selfish and arrogant person ever to hold such an office.

All that said, he is absolutely comedy gold and he says it as it is (as he sees it....and changes every day)...which you have to admire, however misguided the content may be. In some ways this is better than listening to politicians who pretend to care....when they are all lining their own pockets. Trump is not in it for the money that’s for sure...just the ego
A few weeks ago, I’d have put money on him getting re-elected. Now, I can’t even believe the American public would be so stupid. :lol: :lol:

He’s right on a good number of things, and to your point you have to admire his style if only for the comedy value, but this is the defining situation of our era and he’s contradicted himself too many times & made too many mistakes for anyone to take him seriously now. Sadly, I think early reopening is going to cause a huge second spike. He won’t survive that.

Yesterday’s presser was funny: “I’m now going to hand over to our great vice president, who is going to tell you how great I am, interspersed with a few slides outlining what a great job I’m doing”. Never seen anything like it in my life. I do wonder if they go back to the Oval Office and just **** their sides after these things :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1239 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:35 pm

I wouldn’t be too sure...he has a lot of things/people to blame for the current issues and you can definitely see the American public being daft enough to vote him back in.

Also, you can’t say he’s wrong to criticise the WHO given the comments above from March along with them taking 3 weeks to get a review team over to China in January and some of the things they have got wrong noted on this thread.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:27 am

even within the confines of this messageboard, there are eloquent and and well read posters.People who can research and inform on all manner of topics, and with accuracy.
In the STATES, of all places, they have shown themselves to be so ignorant as a populace, that their president is evidently a facile, inarticulate, uneducated slob. He is so bad that is should be earth shattering.
a liar, and bully, and no redeeming features. but sadly there are millions of gun toting backwoodsmen and their toothless offspring with not a solitary opinion worth repeating that love this moronic ballbag. its globally embarrassing.
These 4 users liked this post: Vegas Claret fatboy47 Stalbansclaret TVC15

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:33 am

Is it true they all have banjos?

Elbarad
Been Liked: 149 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:22 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:27 am
even within the confines of this messageboard, there are eloquent and and well read posters.People who can research and inform on all manner of topics, and with accuracy.
In the STATES, of all places, they have shown themselves to be so ignorant as a populace, that their president is evidently a facile, inarticulate, uneducated slob. He is so bad that is should be earth shattering.
a liar, and bully, and no redeeming features. but sadly there are millions of gun toting backwoodsmen and their toothless offspring with not a solitary opinion worth repeating that love this moronic ballbag. its globally embarrassing.
It's a good thing I don't consider all Brits to be sanctimonious, pompous blowhards based on your singular example.
This user liked this post: Uwe Noble

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11027 times
Has Liked: 5642 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:46 am

Elbarad wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:22 am
It's a good thing I don't consider all Brits to be sanctimonious, pompous blowhards based on your singular example.
I live here and unfortunately he is right, over half the country realise what Trump is and will hopefully vote him out (the only reason he got in is because of the way the US system works - don't forget Clinton got more votes) but the rest are gun toting racist fucktards - you can see them coming a mile off

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:48 am

His comments on those protesting in groups this week - “They seem to be very responsible people to me”

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:31 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:27 am
What's embarrassing is this comment. It reminds me of what was said about leavers during the Brexit debate. Only a complete SNOB could write this. If it was written about a Muslim country the same people would be shouting "Racist!" But if course they could n't possibly be racist, could they?

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:33 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:46 am
I live here and unfortunately he is right, over half the country realise what Trump is and will hopefully vote him out (the only reason he got in is because of the way the US system works - don't forget Clinton got more votes) but the rest are gun toting racist fucktards - you can see them coming a mile off
Course you can.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:32 am

Here's another thought for you. Why did the Chinese leader Xi-Jinping not shut down all international flights from China once he knew he had a pandemic?

Could he have deliberately allowed the virus to spread?

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 436 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:37 am

Have any countries shut down all international flights?

aggi
Been Liked: 2113 times

Post by aggi » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:58 pm

Hapag Lloyd
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 426 times

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:16 pm

aggi wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:58 pm
If this is true it seems bizarre
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04 ... s-ppe.html
Unbelievable, you’re having a go at a poster on another thread for doing exactly the same as you have on this thread.

aggi
Been Liked: 2113 times

Post by aggi » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:54 pm

Hapag Lloyd wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:16 pm
Unbelievable, you’re having a go at a poster on another thread for doing exactly the same as you have on this thread.
I'd say that starting my post with "if this is true" is a pretty heavy caveat.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:45 am

Worrying signs for Trump in recent polling?

On one level, polls of President Trump’s handling of the coronavirus look just like his handling of just about everything else. Despite a slight early bump, his approval on the matter is now in the mid-40s — about where his overall approval rating is and has been for long stretches of his presidency.

But while Americans seem to be standing by their commander in chief about as much as they usually do, a couple of new polls reinforce a major liability for the president as the virus spreads.

A new NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll this weekend showed that fully 65 percent of Americans say Trump did not take the coronavirus “seriously enough at the beginning.”

That echoes a Pew Research Center poll from late last week that showed the same number (65 percent) said Trump was “too slow to take major steps” to address the situation. In that poll, even one-third of Republicans and GOP-leaning voters conceded that Trump didn’t react quickly enough.

In each case, only about half as many people overall said Trump was on the ball from the beginning — 32 percent in the latter and 34 percent in the former.

These polls, importantly, suggest a potential regression for Trump on this question. A Washington Post-ABC News poll in late March asked a similar question, and 58 percent said Trump was too slow to address the situation.

There is some nuance within these numbers, though, and the rally-round-the-flag effect that characterized Trump’s early and slight coronavirus poll bounce still seems to be benefiting him.

In the NBC-WSJ poll, for example, a hefty portion of that 65 percent say that despite his early failure, Trump is now handling the crisis well. This slice accounts for a whopping 20 percent of all registered voters. In total, 50 percent of registered voters in the poll said that however they felt about his initial response, Trump is now handling the situation well.

Curiously, that number differs somewhat from his overall approval rating on the subject. While 50 percent in that question said Trump is handling the situation well now, just 44 percent said they approved of him overall on the subject.

Polls like this will often find inconsistent answers when questions are asked in different ways, and that possibility shouldn’t be discounted here. But there’s also a logical reason for the difference between the 50 percent who say Trump is handling the situation well now and the 44 percent who approve of his handling of it: Some people recognize the disproportionate importance of the early response.

And that’s the danger in these polls for Trump. There is a demonstrated tendency for people to rally around a president in a time of crisis. The fact that even in the midst of that slow initial response Trump was getting a bounce — including as many as 60 percent approving of his handling of the situation in a mid-March Gallup poll — suggests that applied to this situation. That has now receded, but it’s also possible it continues to buoy Trump’s overall numbers to some extent. The fact that so many people rate Trump’s initial response poorly but give him a thumbs up overall suggests that his numbers might still be inflated and could continue to deteriorate.

Other findings in recent polls reinforce that. The NBC-WSJ poll, for instance, shows 50 percent say Trump is handling the situation well now and 44 percent approve of his handling of it, but when given a choice between him and Joe Biden to handle the situation, just 36 percent choose Trump — as compared with 45 percent who choose Biden. When it comes more broadly to who people trust to handled a crisis, Biden holds another nine-point lead, 47 to 38.

These numbers echo a Quinnipiac University poll from this month, but the Post-ABC poll last month had shown about an even split, with 45 percent favoring Trump being in charge and 43 percent preferring Biden. So again, a possible regression.

The same Quinnipiac poll also showed just 25 percent of people gave Trump an A grade for his handling of the response — compared to the 10 out of 10 he has given himself.

Trump’s lack of truthfulness is also registering. The NBC-WSJ poll showed people said by a 52-to-36 margin that they generally didn’t trust what Trump has been saying about the situation. A Monmouth University poll earlier this month, meanwhile, asked whether people trusted Trump or their states’ governors more to provide information about the outbreak. Just 15 percent picked Trump, while 43 percent picked their governor, and 29 percent trusted both equally.

But perhaps no number looms larger than that nearly two-thirds who say Trump reacted too slowly. That initial reaction is hugely important in an outbreak and can be traced directly to the situation we currently find ourselves in. People have now processed this important question and seem to be siding against Trump in large numbers.

Many of them may be sticking by the president in a time of crisis, but that perception — which has apparently now been cemented — will loom over whatever becomes of the outbreak. Trump can mitigate it if the response is successful from here on, but it shouldn’t escape notice that such a large chunk of Americans say he was asleep at the wheel at the start.

Source is the Washington Post in case your all curious,suggests Trump has work to do to regain the trust of the American voters,he could still turn it round,but he'll need to ensure the federal government make a better fist of dealing with this pandemic,than they have thus far.