BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER/AUTUMN 2020 (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by CombatClaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:19 pm

MACCA wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:00 pm
11 hours....
Only 11 hours for Prem & Foreign signings.

Two further week for the market we predominantly shop in

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2155 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:21 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:16 pm
United HAVE enquired about Tarks......

We’ve asked for Jones plus cash and Lingard on loan....

Swindon have asked to take Benson on loan

Source: my WhatsApp
:lol: I'd probably take that, as much as I love Tarks. Cant imagine Lingard wanting to come to Burnley though

Burtonwoodclaret
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Burtonwoodclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:21 pm

At the beginning of the window if we’d only signed Stephens and kept hold of Tarky, Pope and McNeil, I would have been quite happy, but after Saturday our treasures don’t seem very special.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5522 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:22 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:

The wife is struggling to find a parking space in Wakefield because the council have made all their car parks FOC.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:23 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:

People don't seem to rate Lingard, but I do. I'd love him to be here on loan.

One problem - not many will be able to spell his bloody name correctly.
These 2 users liked this post: Danieljwaterhouse Zlatan

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2876 times

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:25 pm

Burtonwoodclaret wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:21 pm
At the beginning of the window if we’d only signed Stephens and kept hold of Tarky, Pope and McNeil, I would have been quite happy, but after Saturday our treasures don’t seem very special.
Edit sorry missed my comment...

Remember a few of them where not match fit, still missing key men and others playing out of position. Tarks and Barnes just back, Stephens hardly played and settling into a new club...

We seem unprepared for the new season, but we’re not alone. It will take time for the league to settle this year. Yesterday proved that... as have a lot of results so far.
Last edited by elwaclaret on Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:30 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:22 pm
The wife is struggling to find a parking space in Wakefield because the council have made all their car parks FOC.

Try the hockey club, always free spaces there!

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:31 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:21 pm
:lol: I'd probably take that, as much as I love Tarks. Cant imagine Lingard wanting to come to Burnley though
Me neither, but a rumour is a rumour!

It’s playing time over bench time for him I guess?
This user liked this post: Burnley1989

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:33 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:22 pm

The first question is who the hell goes shopping in Wakefield when the White Rose is 10 minutes away.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:37 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:44 am
Our biggest day in the last six year's transfer window deadline day :lol: :lol:
left me having kittens here... thought that was now...!!! FFS

:D

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:37 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:23 pm

Not a fan of Lingaard but I’d take him right now.

True.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:40 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:

If it helps for authenticity, I heard the same about Benson from a totally unrelated source to DJW (Swindon fan who is a relative and is allegedly "In the know" - although for clarity, he has also spouted bull at times, but for 2 independent sources it may well be true)

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:40 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:31 pm
Me neither, but a rumour is a rumour!

It’s playing time over bench time for him I guess?
Have to say, thought United had a few this year we could take - Andreas, Dalot, Smalling (if he wanted to stay in UK) - but been amazed at the quality of clubs they’ve all gone/are going to, so would be shocked if Lingard would, even on loan.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:41 pm

Swindon are in League 2. I think he's better than that.

Championship.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:43 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:41 pm

Championship.
League 1 mate, and also on the up

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:43 pm

FactualFrank wrote:

Championship.
Agreed, but I think Wellens is a well organised progressive coaching!

Ric_C
Been Liked: 742 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:44 pm

Couldn't Benson do a job for someone like PNE? Similar style of play, local etc

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:44 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:37 am

I can understand why fans are annoyed that we aren't spending more, but we'd need to go into debt to do that.

It looks to me like 95% of fans don't know how little we make and think we have £200 million in the attic gathering dust.
I'm not annoyed that we aren't putting the club in financial peril, bringing in 3 or 4 Marquee signings at £10-15m a pop.

Like most fans I'm realistic about our financial situation. One of the strengths of our club is that most of our fans are a fairly pragmatic and reasonable bunch of people. We know who we are and the world we live in so we don't expect to see a challenge for consistent European football, solid moves to break into the top six and massive spending.

However, we do expect to see some signs of progression and at the very least we expect to see solid moves to try and protect our position by supporting the players and playing staff with what they need to get the job done.

In general people aren't bemoaning the fact that we haven't signed Messi or a single £10m+ player.

Speaking for myself I am disappointing that we didn't sign up players like Scott McKenna, Max Lowe, Jayden Bogle and Niclas Eliasson - who all went for £3.5m or less.

Every club outside of the top six ( or 8 ) has to live with the knowledge that relegation is a very real threat. In light of that we should have one eye on the position we would be in if the worst should happen. As things currently stand we would have an ageing squad, our best players would be sold ( resulting in large gaps in the team ) and the need for a massive squad overhaul.

We can't even sign three players, with the benefit of our Premier League pulling power, how could we expect to sign 7 or 8 in a window and how would such a massive upheaval affect our team dynamic ?

The players that I mentioned went for sums that represented little to no financial risk to us and they offered the potential for development in respect to their playing ability and their perceived financial value. Even if they didn't prove to be EPL quality players we would have lost nothing on them, padded out the squad for this season ( barring a very severe injury crisis they would have only had to fill in for a couple of games ) and protected ourselves in respect to dropping down a league. We would have had the core of a solid young Championship team on our books to build on, sprinkled with experience - for less than £15m.

As it stands we appear to have spent all of our time chasing after a number of headline grabbing statistical players who represented very unrealistic targets for us, which is exactly what we did last Summer.

We don't want the world, we are grounded and very realistic in our aspirations, but our recruitment team seem to be living and operating in cloud cookoo land. That is having a really dangerous impact on our club, short term and long term, which should be very worrying to everyone. All that we want is recruitment that will support what we have and help to protect everything we have built, not put it in jeopardy with **** a doodle do transfer strategies.

Our recruitment is getting consistently worse, the cracker jack decisions we are making on the recruitment front are getting more and more nonsensical and the divisions at the club seem to be growing day by day. What we are witnessing is a toxic spill that is originating and emanating from our poor recruitment performances.

I can't speak for everyone, but my vision for our development is to maintain our steady progression and improve our chances of staying in the EPL. That is it, no Europe, no top six, just protecting what we have and building on it year by year. However, the last two Summer windows have been a disaster and they have left us weaker, not to mention piling up a number of short term problems that we will have to deal with.

Poor performance of this magnitude, stemming from a department that just received huge investment, would see heads roll in any other organisation.

Before this window began I said that the clubs with good recruitment departments would capitalise on the impact of Corona by bringing in good players at bargain prices. They would make moves that would benefit them for years to come. I also said that the clubs with poor recruitment departments would get spanked - WE GOT SPANKED !
These 8 users liked this post: Boss Hogg warksclaret claretfern Wokingclaret Anonymous buzzclarets79 Vegas Claret Enola Gay

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:45 pm

FactualFrank wrote:

Championship.
Well that's where we want to be!

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:46 pm

In Summary... from LTL
Long Time Lurker wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:44 pm
WE GOT SPANKED !
These 2 users liked this post: Long Time Lurker Quicknick

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:47 pm

What about us-should we not be keeping him
This user liked this post: claretfern

Conroysleftfoot
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 294 times

Post by Conroysleftfoot » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:48 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:44 pm
I'm not annoyed that we aren't putting the club in financial peril, bringing in 3 or 4 Marquee signings at £10-15m a pop.

Like most fans I'm realistic about our financial situation. One of the strengths of our club is that most of our fans are a fairly pragmatic and reasonable bunch of people. We know who we are and the world we live in so we don't expect to see a challenge for consistent European football, solid moves to break into the top six and massive spending.

However, we do expect to see some signs of progression and at the very least we expect to see solid moves to try and protect our position by supporting the players and playing staff with what they need to get the job done.

In general people aren't bemoaning the fact that we haven't signed Messi or a single £10m+ player.

Speaking for myself I am disappointing that we didn't sign up players like Scott McKenna, Max Lowe, Jayden Bogle and Niclas Eliasson - who all went for £3.5m or less.

Every club outside of the top six ( or 8 ) has to live with the knowledge that relegation is a very real threat. In light of that we should have one eye on the position we would be in if the worst should happen. As things currently stand we would have an ageing squad, our best players would be sold ( resulting in large gaps in the team ) and the need for a massive squad overhaul.

We can't even sign three players, with the benefit of our Premier League pulling power, how could we expect to sign 7 or 8 in a window and how would such a massive upheaval affect our team dynamic ?

The players that I mentioned went for sums that represented little to no financial risk to us and they offered the potential for development in respect to their playing ability and their perceived financial value. Even if they didn't prove to be EPL quality players we would have lost nothing on them, padded out the squad for this season ( barring a very severe injury crisis they would have only had to fill in for a couple of games ) and protected ourselves in respect to dropping down a league. We would have had the core of a solid young Championship team on our books to build on, sprinkled with experience - for less than £15m.

As it stands we appear to have spent all of our time chasing after a number of headline grabbing statistical players who represented very unrealistic targets for us, which is exactly what we did last Summer.

We don't want the world, we are grounded and very realistic in our aspirations, but our recruitment team seem to be living and operating in cloud cookoo land. That is having a really dangerous impact on our club, short term and long term, which should be very worrying to everyone. All that we want is recruitment that will support what we have and help to protect everything we have built, not put it in jeopardy with **** a doodle do transfer strategies.

Our recruitment is getting consistently worse, the cracker jack decisions we are making on the recruitment front are getting more and more nonsensical and the divisions at the club seem to be growing day by day. What we are witnessing is a toxic spill that is originating and emanating from our poor recruitment performances.

I can't speak for everyone, but my vision for our development is to maintain our steady progression and improve our chances of staying in the EPL. That is it, no Europe, no top six, just protecting what we have and building on it year by year. However, the last two Summer windows have been a disaster and they have left us weaker, not to mention piling up a number of short term problems that we will have to deal with.

Poor performance of this magnitude, stemming from a department that just received huge investment, would see heads roll in any other organisation.

Before this window began I said that the clubs with good recruitment departments would capitalise on the impact of Corona by bringing in good players at bargain prices. They would make moves that would benefit them for years to come. I also said that the clubs with poor recruitment departments would get spanked - WE GOT SPANKED !
have to agree with you LTT, you're not having a go just stating the facts.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:48 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:43 pm
League 1 mate, and also on the up
I disagree. He can be part of a successful playoff chasing Championship side.

warksclaret

Post by warksclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:52 pm

In hindsight Dawson and Stephens in view of finances would have been positive. Dawson supposedly @ £5.5m or maybe a loan with a purchase clause.It would mean we dont need to start Long again (we have Spurs & Chelsea coming up soon).Once Mee is back we then have a serious RB option too.Thats a total spend of around £6.5m with £2m to come off for Gibsons fee. If we cant afford that then clearly there is no future in the PL,and we are out of place being there
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:53 pm

Good post by LTL. Was about my limit on forum essay reading but some very good points. If we went down I think we could struggle due to squad overhaul that would be needed.
This user liked this post: claretfern

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:57 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:37 pm
left me having kittens here... thought that was now...!!! FFS

:D
Lol....Sorry

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:57 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/news/repo ... hil-jones/

Manchester United are resigned to keeping Phil Jones, reports the MEN.

The paper report Jones is still injured and United do feel it is realistic the club will be able to sell him before the October 5 transfer deadline.

The ongoing issues sum up Jones’ career. His time at United has been largely ruined by injuries.

Solskjaer told his pre-match presser on Friday: “Phil Jones is still out.”

Jones got injured prior to the restart in June and has been on the sidelines since.

One option could be for United to send him to a Championship club if he is fit enough by the loan deadline in October 16.

This may be unlikely however. The Mirror reported in August that Jones’ knee injury could require an operation.

FFS

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:59 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:

Block your source, he's winding you up and the amount he get wrong is frightening, he's not even close.
You'd be better throwing darts at your match attack book and randomly making stuff up, that's all your "source" is doing.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:59 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:48 pm
I disagree. He can be part of a successful playoff chasing Championship side.
I agree, jus corrected you about Swindon being league 2 when they’re league 1

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:59 pm

Didn't he get injured around 10 years ago. That's a hell of a recovery.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:05 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:14 pm
There will always be silly parallel statistics like this that fans can come up with - if it helps them vent their frustration so be it but let’s not pretend for one minute it’s anything other than a meaningless comparison.

A more meaningful one might be that our total wage bill when we signed Ian Moore is probably not a million miles away from what we are paying one of our players at the club now.

Looking at single transfer windows in isolation without any context as to what is happening at our club internally and more importantly what is happening externally is just a waste of time.

As fans every single one of us want us to spend more money in this transfer window - it’s just some fans seem to have a better understanding of why we might not be and others will always want to make comparisons to other clubs or previous windows.
Of course

Don’t forget that income is probably also 10 times more than it was back then too.

But I’m on your side of the fence.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:09 pm

Sounds promising.

This user liked this post: Wokingclaret

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Tarks to United.

That wouldn’t shock me & would be very good business by United. Not at all interested in Jones because of his injury record - we just can’t afford it and, besides, would eat in to JBG’s time with the physios!

Smalling on the other hand would be ideal. They want £15m or so, he’s training on his own (far from ideal), Roma deal seems to have stalled. Perhaps something to be done there with both he and Lingard as a loan. Would take that.
Last edited by NewClaret on Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:14 pm

It is looking grim! It’s criminal that we haven’t at least bought a replacement for Lennon. We’re now reliant on an injury prone player to last the season.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 292 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:16 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:

No way

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 292 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:16 pm

Night Night

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:18 pm

Dupe

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:21 pm

On the plus side, JBG is back and he's like a new signing.
These 2 users liked this post: NewClaret Woonderbah

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:24 pm

MACCA wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:59 pm
Block your source, he's winding you up and the amount he get wrong is frightening, he's not even close.
You'd be better throwing darts at your match attack book and randomly making stuff up, that's all your "source" is doing.
Normally I would agree, but we do seem to be going all out to fail in this window and nothing would surprise me at this point. That sort of deal would be the final coup de grace or turd on a mouldy cake.

I think that the best we can do is write off this window, do nothing today, and act like the transfer window starts tomorrow - even though quality bargains from the Championship will be a lot more difficult to pick up and some clubs will smell our desperation like sharks detect blood in the water.

After the 16th of October we need to sack Rigg and some of the useless cronies he hired for us. Somebody surely has to step up and be held to account for this and our previous recruitment fiascoes. Garlick has built up credit, Dyche has built up credit, Rigg is building an ever greater deficit. The rot needs to stop.

Having nobody would be better than retaining the services of our current Technical Director. It would save us a very big wage, put Dyche back in the recruitment drivers seat from a playing perspective ( instead of being left out of the loop ) and push him back into what was a successful partnership with Garlick.

We can then set about looking for a new Technical Director, taking our time and doing our homework much better than we did last time. Ideally it would be someone with a solid performance record and evidence of doing a good job for their previous clubs, instead of simply talking about doing a good job and consistently doing a bad one.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:29 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:23 pm

I’d have Lingard. He’s not United quality but he’d easily walk into our starting eleven. Phil Jones is still a good player too and could turn out to be our Jonny Evans, assuming there’s some truth in it.
Last edited by BurnleyFC on Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:30 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:24 pm
Normally I would agree, but we do seem to be going all out to fail in this window and nothing would surprise me at this point. That sort of deal would be the final coup de grace or turd on a mouldy cake.

I think that the best we can do is write off this window, do nothing today, and act like the transfer window starts tomorrow - even though quality bargains from the Championship will be a lot more difficult to pick up and some clubs will smell our desperation like sharks detect blood in the water.

After the 16th of October we need to sack Rigg and some of the useless cronies he hired for us. Somebody surely has to step up and be held to account for this and our previous recruitment fiascoes. Garlick has built up credit, Dyche has built up credit, Rigg is building an ever greater deficit. The rot needs to stop.

Having nobody would be better than retaining the services of our current Technical Director. It would save us a very big wage, put Dyche back in the recruitment drivers seat from a playing perspective ( instead of being left out of the loop ) and push him back into what was a successful partnership with Garlick.

We can then set about looking for a new Technical Director, taking our time and doing our homework much better than we did last time. Ideally it would be someone with a solid performance record and evidence of doing a good job for their previous clubs, instead of simply talking about doing a good job and consistently doing a bad one.
Write off this window? Weve written off quite a few in recent seasons, that's why we are in this mess.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:32 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:21 pm
On the plus side, JBG is back and he's like a new signing.
For next week, its who we play there from November onwards that's the concern..
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:44 pm

MACCA wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:32 pm
\

I'll go n clean me boots
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:45 pm

MACCA wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:32 pm
To be fair I genuinely thought he was out for the season.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:46 pm

Just hope we get to 12 points. Would hate to add that stat to some of our ignoble results over the years.

jojomk1

Post by jojomk1 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:48 pm

SSN reporting Danny Fox has just left Wigan and gone to Indian Premier League side East Bengal

FFS - another promising youngster who we have missed out on

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:52 pm

I've heard that Leicester are in for Dwight but we've blocked the transfer. But Dwight wants the move.

I get that the above looks like the usual shite people post but I'm only passing on what I've heard from a mate who knows one of the family.

jojomk1

Post by jojomk1 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:54 pm

Conflicting reports on Danny Fox now

CNN saying he has just been seen leaving Wigan for a Chicken Tikka Masala at the East Bengal takeaway on Premier Street, Leigh

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:58 pm

Without giving anything away CT, do you have anything possibly getting written about incoming or outgoings?

warksclaret

Post by warksclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:00 pm

I suspect SD and MG had a fall-out last week. It was rumored we were letting two of our stars go ( Tarks and I assume Dwight) and SD threatened to walk. At that point MG may have said that no one will leave but that means no one comes in. Another reason Wilson is not happening, and why Dwight today has been turned down.It might alsp suggest why SD has backed off somewhat lately and now in acceptance of the situation
This user liked this post: Quicknick