Tark - transfer

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Re: Tark - transfer

Post by CFS » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:20 am

Dyche will be telling him go and I'll join you there by next summer at the latest. Forward thinking is our gaffer. Can't have gone from moaning few months back to all rosey more so now with us having a weaker squad than when we finished the season.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 842 times
Has Liked: 577 times

Post by jojomk1 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:24 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:11 am
I can’t be bothered with semantics. I am right.
Just goes to show that people will argue about anything with people that they want to disagree with.
Oh dear, someone's having a tantrum :o

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 2894 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:54 am

The only way he is going to get regular Champions league football is by moving to Celtic.

Murger
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 845 times

Post by Murger » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:09 am

This season is gonna be a real struggle if Tarks goes. The timing of all this could not be worse. Time for the recruitment side of things to get their head out of their arse.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:14 am

Burnley Ace wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:54 am
The only way he is going to get regular Champions league football is by moving to Celtic.
Oxymoron alert!

jojomk1
Been Liked: 842 times
Has Liked: 577 times

Post by jojomk1 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:27 am

Just hope everyone will let bygones be bygones and give a warm welcome to Phil Jones ;)
This user liked this post: Zlatan

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2595 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:28 am

Steddyman wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:22 pm
I think Southgate didn't pick him entirely to force his hand into moving to one of the teams in the Top 6. Same will likely be with Nick on Tuesday.
Why would Southgate want players playing fewer games?

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:15 am

In theory, now is exactly the right time to be letting Tarks leave. He’s at the top of his game, at peak age and has two years left on his contract and so, unless he signs a new extended contract (which seems unlikely), his value is probably at its peak.

However, what would normally happen is that we’d have a Player waiting in the wings who had been with us a while to slot in. Keane did this when Shackell left and Tarks did it when Keane left. Gibson was supposed to be there to do it when Tarks left, but that is no longer an option.

As such, (if Tarks leaves) we are now under pressure to find a replacement who can come in immediately and be up to the required standard and that isn’t going to be easy. Add to that, Mee is currently injured leaving just Kevin Long (our fourth choice CB ... assuming Gibson was not originally brought in as a fourth choice) as our only fit centre back if Tarks goes.

It’s essential that we sign a replacement before we allow Tarks to leave. It is too close to the start of the season to do otherwise. A bad start to the season can often be difficult to recover from and, to be honest, it was a miracle we stayed up two seasons ago. That was only because we had a settled squad of good players who were just underperforming at the time, plus we also had the return of Heaton in goal. With a weaker squad we’d stand no chance, I think.

To be honest, I think the writing is on the wall now and Tarks will leave this window, but let’s just hope we don’t leave ourselves high and dry as a result.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 546 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:32 am

Looks like Tarkowski’s tenure with us is coming to an end shortly, be that this window, January or next summer he’s been a colossus for us.

Personally I still think Man United need another centre half and given their nature in the market this could end up being an option for him , and one which he certainly wouldn’t turn down . I’d prefer him to make this kind of move to a Leicester but if that turns out to be his only option then it will naturally take its course as he won’t be getting the chances he desires staying with us.

Replacement needed ASAP if this is the case, and certainly not Joe Worrall to go in and take over immediately.

Conroysleftfoot
Been Liked: 352 times
Has Liked: 294 times

Post by Conroysleftfoot » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:34 am

kaptin1 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:15 am
In theory, now is exactly the right time to be letting Tarks leave. He’s at the top of his game, at peak age and has two years left on his contract and so, unless he signs a new extended contract (which seems unlikely), his value is probably at its peak.

However, what would normally happen is that we’d have a Player waiting in the wings who had been with us a while to slot in. Keane did this when Shackell left and Tarks did it when Keane left. Gibson was supposed to be there to do it when Tarks left, but that is no longer an option.

As such, (if Tarks leaves) we are now under pressure to find a replacement who can come in immediately and be up to the required standard and that isn’t going to be easy. Add to that, Mee is currently injured leaving just Kevin Long (our fourth choice CB ... assuming Gibson was not originally brought in as a fourth choice) as our only fit centre back if Tarks goes.

It’s essential that we sign a replacement before we allow Tarks to leave. It is too close to the start of the season to do otherwise. A bad start to the season can often be difficult to recover from and, to be honest, it was a miracle we stayed up two seasons ago. That was only because we had a settled squad of good players who were just underperforming at the time, plus we also had the return of Heaton in goal. With a weaker squad we’d stand no chance, I think.

To be honest, I think the writing is on the wall now and Tarks will leave this window, but let’s just hope we don’t leave ourselves high and dry as a result.
Totally agree with this. You can't blame Tarks for wanting to play regular European football and improve his chances of playing for England, we know that McNeil will be doing exactly the same thing in a year or so. Gibson was signed exactly for this scenario but, obviously, that situation went horribly wrong. We need to sign somebody before selling.

summitclaret
Been Liked: 833 times
Has Liked: 1324 times

Post by summitclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:00 am

kaptin1 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:15 am

I couldn't like the above post because I hate the thought of losing Tarks. He is our rock, an inspiration and virtually irreplaceable atm. But it is absolutely spot on. I am scared that we are going to get fleeced even if we sell him now. The Board are going to have to do what they never do and buy his immediate starting replacement now and pay the going rate, now that there is solution of sorts to Gibbo.

Dawson is too old really now, but he will do. Him or an equivalent has to be bought now and BEFORE Tarks is allowed to talk to anyone.

The next few days are likely to play a big part in determining whether this season is one we will like.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:32 am

We can't afford to sell Tarkowski for even 50 million at the moment with Ben Mee injured.

If Tarkowski goes with Mee injured you can wave good bye to the Premier league

matttheclaret
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by matttheclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:35 am

I'd keep him another year if possible. Gives us longer to try and find a replacement or two for him, which won't be easy.

I know he'll only have a year left on his contract by then, but we got £30 million for Keane when he only had a year left. We got £18 million for Gray when he had a year left.

Another good year out of him, we'll still be able to sell for more than decent money next summer.

For him to go this summer, so close to the season, (and assuming his £50 million clause is genuine) I'd be demanding the full amount of that.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:44 am

Top Claret wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:32 am
We can't afford to sell Tarkowski for even 50 million at the moment with Ben Mee injured.

Except Ben isn't badly injured and is fully expected to start the PL season.

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:48 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:47 pm
Keep it real. He played 2 games for England. In one he gave away a penalty because he was clumsy in the box. Now, if he was 22 GS would put it down to lack of experience; but he was 25ish.
He's been absolutely outstanding for us this season, but I think his chances of playing for England are minimal given that Southgate is always looking at younger options.
If his motivation for a move was/is purely based on his international future he needs to give that serious thought.
He made his debut as left side CB and gets binned for giving a pen. away?

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:50 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:44 am
Except Ben isn't badly injured and is fully expected to start the PL season.
Ben Mee certainly likes his extended Summer holidays.

Row Z
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Row Z » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:06 am

matttheclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:35 am
I'd keep him another year if possible. Gives us longer to try and find a replacement or two for him, which won't be easy.

I know he'll only have a year left on his contract by then, but we got £30 million for Keane when he only had a year left. We got £18 million for Gray when he had a year left.

Another good year out of him, we'll still be able to sell for more than decent money next summer.

For him to go this summer, so close to the season, (and assuming his £50 million clause is genuine) I'd be demanding the full amount of that.
Agree with this. I get the whole player power debate and last year of contract versus leaving for free, but hes got two years left. Given the way he's performed that could potentially secure us three years of Premier league football, which is hundreds of millions of revenue.

Next itll be a player has three years left, nows the best time to sell him!

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1697 times
Has Liked: 789 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:19 am

This is ridiculous and a sad endictment of our planning and recruiting policy. Any other PL club would have been searching for a high quality CH in January when Gibson threw his toys out of the pram. So if JT goes our options are Long, Thomas and Dunne with Mee injured

Its situations like this that make me wonder why SD has stayed-this will not help to keep him. Maybe the first recruitment is finding someone who can recruit players

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:26 am

Its not finding them that's the problem, it's finding the money to pay for them.

summitclaret

Post by summitclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:31 am

We will probably still be ******* about over the odd million or 2 over Worrel or someone else, despite the fact that our mo is to teach players our system over several weeks before they are allowed to start.

Get ready for the old Taylor can play cb ********.
Last edited by summitclaret on Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1697 times
Has Liked: 789 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:32 am

I cannot accept this theory that playing for Burnley damages your international chances. We went decades without an English player-I believe Dobson,

Since SD joined us-Ings, Heaton, Pope , Keane and Cork.You must also remember that Tarks had a stinker in one of the two games he played for England, and had it not been for Lockdown Southgate would have been at the actual games and will almost have cerainly watched one of our games and seen the form JT was in

I thinks Taks fear is not the team he has been playing for but the weakened 11 that faces the new season, and it will be very uphill to shine in that environment. His confidence will have been dented by the weakness of our squad

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3156 times
Has Liked: 6743 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:40 am

warksclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:32 am
I cannot accept this theory that playing for Burnley damages your international chances. We went decades without an English player-I believe Dobson,

Since SD joined us-Ings, Heaton, Pope , Keane and Cork.You must also remember that Tarks had a stinker in one of the two games he played for England, and had it not been for Lockdown Southgate would have been at the actual games and will almost have cerainly watched one of our games and seen the form JT was in

I thinks Taks fear is not the team he has been playing for but the weakened 11 that faces the new season, and it will be very uphill to shine in that environment. His confidence will have been dented by the weakness of our squad
With Mee injured he'd likely be captain.
I'm reading that he wants Champions League football, so is there any liklihood of him going to the highest current bidder (West Ham)?

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:43 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:40 am
With Mee injured he'd likely be captain.
I'm reading that he wants Champions League football, so is there any liklihood of him going to the highest current bidder (West Ham)?
Mee only has a minor injury and is expected to be fully fit for the game at Leicester.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:46 am

summitclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:31 am
Get ready for the old Taylor can play cb ********.
Unless he gets sold as well! ;)

Bigvince
Been Liked: 935 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:47 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:43 am
Mee only has a minor injury and is expected to be fully fit for the game at Leicester.
Is this true? Has SD said so

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:50 am

Bigvince wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:47 am
Is this true? Has SD said so
Simple answer. Yes.

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:52 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Touch and go

summitclaret

Post by summitclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:53 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:50 am
Simple answer. Yes.
Source because you seem to be the only person to know this.

Bigvince
Been Liked: 935 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:54 am

summitclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:53 am
My point exactly. I wish I was in the know

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:05 am

summitclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:53 am
Without trawling throgh everything I've read over the last two weeks, I don't know, and I don't intend to do that, but I think it was Lancs live quoting Sean.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3156 times
Has Liked: 6743 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:06 am

In the recent post-match interview SD doesn't even mention Ben Mee, despite giving some detail about other players recovering.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:14 am

Gordaleman wrote:
He’s not played any pre season yet has he ? Perhaps he was fit then got a niggle and SD thinks with the extra we can get him back . Very much needed with Tarks almost gone

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:15 am

TBH I'm past caring. All the made up crap in the media that is repeated on a multitude of sights is boring me to death.

If he goes I'm sure SD will get a suitable replacement. I just hope we don't let him go for anything under £50m as it would be really hypocritical after everything SD has said about inflated transfer fees and the selling club holding out for what they think the player is worth.

And if we do sell Tarks and Pope I hope the £80m plus we receive would be made available for SD to invest in the squad. I think BPF might turn out to be another Pope and you could certainly buy decent CD, RW and midfielder with that sort of money.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:21 am

Reecey1987 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:52 am
Touch and go
Oh crap. In Dyche speak that means he's out for another 3 months then.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:27 am

AlargeClaret wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:14 am
He’s not played any pre season yet has he ? Perhaps he was fit then got a niggle and SD thinks with the extra we can get him back . Very much needed with Tarks almost gone
Of course he hasn't played any pre season. He's injured, but not badly. According to Sean, he's just being careful with him and expects him to be ready to play at Leicester.

claret2018
Been Liked: 810 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:30 am

I wager £10 we start the Leicester game with Long and Taylor as CBs

Firthy

Post by Firthy » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:32 am

claret2018 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:30 am
I wager £10 we start the Leicester game with Long and Taylor as CBs
I'll take that, make sure it's a new crispy tenner :shock: :lol:

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:37 am

Top Claret wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:32 am

That's the thing. He could actually be worth more to us even keeping for 2 years and him going for nothing, than him going now for £40-50 million and us dropping down to the Championship.

However, looking at recent years we have done a very good job overall at replacing outgoing players. Look at the forwards we have lost, and who we now have. Keane left and Tarkowski filled in. Heaton went and Pope filled in. Ward left and Taylor filled in.

We've not done a bad job, to be fair to the board.
This user liked this post: Top Claret

Mattster
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by Mattster » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:40 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:37 am

However, looking at recent years we have done a very good job overall at replacing outgoing players. Look at the forwards we have lost, and who we now have. Keane left and Tarkowski filled in. Heaton went and Pope filled in. Ward left and Taylor filled in.

The difference with those ones is the replacements were already at the club and had had a long time (12 months+) bedding in and getting the tactical understanding of Dyche's system.

When we parachuted a replacement directly into the starting lineup of the defence (Hart) it did not go very well.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:40 am

FactualFrank wrote:
That's the thing. He could actually be worth more to us even keeping for 2 years and him going for nothing, than him going now for £40-50 million and us dropping down to the Championship.

I think the difference here is that we had a ready made replacement the club had spent time preparing for the step up. I assume Gibson was to be next in line before he threw his toys out of the pram as I think Long has only ever been seen as a stop gap player.

summitclaret

Post by summitclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:45 am

FactualFrank wrote:

This is very true, but in each case the successor was oven ready. This time apart from maybe BPF, we don't even have the oven or a means of working it.

what_no_pies
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by what_no_pies » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:47 am

warksclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:32 am

Danny Ings never played for England as a Burnley player. He was Championship player of the year then shone throughout an entire PL campaign for us without getting a game.

He then signed for Liverpool, made a couple of sub appearances and promptly got picked to play for England.

This fact reinforces the theory you're trying to dispute.

Firthy

Post by Firthy » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:48 am

summitclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:45 am
This is very true, but in each case the successor was oven ready. This time apart from maybe BPF, we don't even have the oven or a means of working it.
We defiitely don't want a replacement with chicken legs :o :lol: :lol:

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:52 am

what_no_pies wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:47 am
Danny Ings never played for England as a Burnley player. He was Championship player of the year then shone throughout an entire PL campaign for us without getting a game.

He then signed for Liverpool, made a couple of sub appearances and promptly got picked to play for England.

Whereas Jack Cork had had several good seasons the the Premier League and played for England at every level apart from the most senior until he came to Burnley.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Re: Tark - transfe

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:59 am

All that I have seen is seven pages of rumour, panic and hissy fits. Tasks is a fine defender, Burnley remain his employer...

I have read nothing to make me see the Impending Armageddon predicted by so many.... I know I’m glad I will never need A lot of you to keep you nerve, if a real problem ever does develop, I thought It was the other lot that relied on chicken livers.

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:08 pm

what_no_pies wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:47 am

No but he did debut for England's Under 21s (or 23s?) while at Burnley - they even played at Turf Moor in front of his adoring public.

Ultimately Tarks has been in the England camp and Southgate has had a good look at him. He's not out of the picture for the forseeable future by any stretch. I'd hazard a guess that BFC were not expecting to sell him in this window - and Worrall is Dyche's 'next-in-line' to fill the void when he does go either in the next transfer window or at the end of the season.

Other than a hike in wages, if Tarks' preference is to stay in the north, then right now it's hard to see what West Ham can give him that we can't - we are after all playing in empty stadiums. Leicester I guess is an easier commute from the Cheshire area - and a club not run by nobs.

I could understand if its Champions League but is playing in the Europa League that much of a turn-on for a player's career right now ?

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1997 times
Has Liked: 1143 times

Post by FCBurnley » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:33 pm

Re Ben Mee. Has there been any updates on baby Grace ? Hopefully she is doing ok and maybe Ben has been given some time to spend with his daughter and family
These 2 users liked this post: ZizkovClaret Zlatan

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:36 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:33 pm
Re Ben Mee. Has there been any updates on baby Grace ? Hopefully she is doing ok and maybe Ben has been given some time to spend with his daughter and family
I think the reverse is true. If there was a problem, I think we might have heard about it. Thankfully, it appears there isn't.

SouthLondonexile
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 249 times

Post by SouthLondonexile » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:10 pm

I really would not like to see him leave BFC.
He has all the qualities of a fine centre back.
Such a strong player nothing fazes him.

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:06 pm

Sky sports reporting that we have told West Ham that the price for Tarks is 50 million so they will need to up their 27 million bid somewhat.Why on earth Tarks would contemplate going to the Hammers takes some believing.

'West Ham quoted £50m for Tarkowski'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12066014