Wow BJ eviscerates the EU!!!

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Re: Wow BJ eviscerates the EU!!!

Post by Spijed » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:49 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:30 pm
No, I want a no deal I think we are better off with a hard brexit.
But wanting a hard deal makes no difference as to whether the country is united or not.

WTO terms can never alter which means that we have to deal with the EU in a certain way, united or not

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:52 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:33 pm
That's 100% of your straw poll then. Or did you ask teo other people as well?
There you go it's last year's, it's actually far higher than I thought it'd be, with all the p*ssballing about it's fair to assume it'd be even higher now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49551893

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:58 pm

JohnMcGreal wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:42 am
We were repeatedly told in 2016 that getting a deal would be easy. That the EU would be bending over backwards to do a deal with us. That nobody was talking about leaving the single market. That there would be no down sides. That we would hold all the cards.

So my question is, how did the architects of the Leave campaigns miscalculate the situation so badly, and when will they be resigning?
I agree, they should have realised that the EU was never going to negotiate with what we would consider to be good faith. They are realising it now, hence the legislation that will allow them to negate, if necessary, some of their actions.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:08 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:31 pm
I’m not complaining about anything. I’m just pointing out that you pinning the blame of the current situation on the people who didn’t want to leave the EU is ludicrous.
I'm splitting the blame, there's a difference.

We had a weak government/PM and a half arsed negotiating team who just kept rolling over to have their tummy tickled.
I believe if we'd have people who truly wanted to leave in charge, instead of being mouthpieces, then the current situation would be different.

We've then had numerous attempts at derailing Brexit via various court cases.
The EU rightly spotted the disarray and took advantage of it, anyone can see that.

I've been told to take ownership, I have done, but to then have you telling me not to be so proud about it is a tad bizarre.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:10 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:08 pm

We had a weak government/PM and a half arsed negotiating team who just kept rolling over to have their tummy tickled.
I believe if we'd have people who truly wanted to leave in charge, instead of being mouthpieces, then the current situation would be different.

The EU rightly spotted the disarray and took advantage of it, anyone can see that.

I've been told to take ownership, I have done, but to then have you telling me not to be so proud about it is a tad bizarre.
You said

‘ I'll accept whatever happens, leavers will do that you see.’

As if accepting whatever happens is a badge of honour that somehow makes leavers superior.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:19 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:10 pm
You said

As if accepting whatever happens is a badge of honour that somehow makes leavers superior.
It's well worth remembering without bias what vote resulted in the decision, on that basis it's the remainers that have been creating all the difficulties all along, rightfully the leavers vote won but it's not them creating problems.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:22 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:10 pm
You said

Nah that's just your warped take on what I've said.

We will accept it, it doesn't make us superior in anyway.

We've had to tolerate years of abuse over this, we probably will for a few more years yet before remainers start to realise that the world didn't end....

No, we definitely aren't superior in anyway, we just haven't been on a long tantrum about this.

In fact, we've had to keep on winning votes to get the original vote enacted...

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1344 times
Has Liked: 438 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:14 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:58 pm
I agree, they should have realised that the EU was never going to negotiate with what we would consider to be good faith. They are realising it now, hence the legislation that will allow them to negate, if necessary, some of their actions.
So let's get this straight. The leave campaigners had no idea what they were talking about in 2016. They were so wide of the mark in their assumptions about international politics and EU institutions that we're now on the verge of dealing with our largest and closest partner on the same terms as Uzbekistan.

And we should all just accept that, as though it's no big deal? Don't you think, at the very least, they owe the British public an apology for misleading them in such a way? Whether they misled them deliberately through lies, or accidently due to sheer incompetence, the end result is the same.

Where is the accountability here? Where is the humility from these people? They ought to be so ashamed at the size of these blunders that they resign from office.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:33 pm

We haven't reached the end..

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:50 pm

JohnMcGreal wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:14 pm
So let's get this straight. The leave campaigners had no idea what they were talking about in 2016. They were so wide of the mark in their assumptions about international politics and EU institutions that we're now on the verge of dealing with our largest and closest partner on the same terms as Uzbekistan.

And we should all just accept that, as though it's no big deal? Don't you think, at the very least, they owe the British public an apology for misleading them in such a way? Whether they misled them deliberately through lies, or accidently due to sheer incompetence, the end result is the same.

Where is the accountability here? Where is the humility from these people? They ought to be so ashamed at the size of these blunders that they resign from office.
You are right they should apologise for presuming the EU would negotiate as “friends”, for presuming they wanted a deal, for not realising (as the Australians did) that the EU couldn’t let our exit be a success or let us be a successful competitor on their border. The concept of “good faith” has never been evidenced.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:17 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:58 pm
Had they said this at the time, Leave would never have won. The Leave victory was based on things that have all come unstuck as time has passed. Even the taking back of control hasn’t panned out, with a government increasingly sidelining parliament, and the likelihood our food and environment standards will be lowered to win trade deals.

The people making naive assumptions about trade deals back then were either stupid, or lying. Which do you think?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:17 pm
Had they said this at the time, Leave would never have won. The Leave victory was based on things that have all come unstuck as time has passed. Even the taking back of control hasn’t panned out, with a government increasingly sidelining parliament, and the likelihood our food and environment standards will be lowered to win trade deals.

The people making naive assumptions about trade deals back then were either stupid, or lying. Which do you think?
Didn't the make clear recently we wouldn't be taking chlorinated chicken?

Sell the NHS yes, chicken nol

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2097 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:34 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm

Cos obviously the Tories have proved themselves so trustworthy. If Boris has said no to chlorinated chicken then we can definetely rule it out.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:41 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:34 pm
Cos obviously the Tories have proved themselves so trustworthy. If Boris has said no to chlorinated chicken then we can definetely rule it out.
OK let's put it another way that maybe you'll trust.

You aren't forced to buy it.
It won't be the only chicken available to purchase.

If it somehow passes your lips then that's your own fault, no one else's.

When you go out to eat you'll be entitled to ask if the chicken is chlorinated or not, just like you can ask if meat is Halal or not.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:51 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:41 pm

When you go out to eat you'll be entitled to ask if the chicken is chlorinated or not, just like you can ask if meat is Halal or not.
And it’ll be a lot cheaper and impact the viability of U.K. chicken producers.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:01 pm

martin_p wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:51 pm
Sooooo what about supermarkets getting theirs from the far East?

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5516 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:05 pm

I've been looking at this thread for weeks and I still don't know what eviscrerate means.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:07 pm

martin_p wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:51 pm
Let's be honest with most of the backstreet takeaways after a few beers nobody is really bothered about the traceability, you eat the food it taste good you go home, for years we've been eating meat unsure about the source & nobody as ever really bothered until now.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:21 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:08 pm

We’ve had a government committed to delivering Brexit since the referendum. The reality of what is deliverable could never match the promises made about it. That’s been, and continues to be the problem.

Normally countries choose a course of action based on science and evidence, that will result in a desired outcome. The outcome of a no deal Brexit will be higher prices for a lot of things, a lot of business uncertainty, and the job losses that come with it. It’ll be bad for ordinary people, but not so bad for people who are rich. For some of them, this is a desired outcome. And this is what happens when we elect a party to government that is funded by billionaire hedge fund managers who stand to benefit from your financial misery. The Tory Party are focused on the 1%. Look back over the last few decades and point to me what they’ve done that hasn’t benefitted the 1%. Now look at how callously they’ve treated ordinary people. Windrush. Austerity - tripling tuition fees, cuts for the disabled, cuts to in work benefits, cuts to workers rights, forcing terminal cancer patients to seek work, the bedroom tax - to name a few. It all falls on the shoulders of ordinary people. Stopping tuition fees was “crazily expensive” yet they’ve spent twice that on a privately run track and trace system that doesn’t work. Ireland spent less than a million quid on one that does.

So to Brexit again, unless you’re mega rich, what informs your positivity?

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:35 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... rs-furious

They didn’t make anything clear because they voted down the amendment that would have protected our standards. We only have their word.

As you responded to the post, do you think the Leave advocates who insisted leaving with a great deal would be easy (and also claimed people saying otherwise were merely fearmongers) were stupid, or lying to us?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:35 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:07 pm
Let's be honest with most of the backstreet takeaways after a few beers nobody is really bothered about the traceability, you eat the food it taste good you go home, for years we've been eating meat unsure about the source & nobody as ever really bothered until now.
There's a kebab van between Newbury and Basingstoke.
It's 50/50 if it makes you ill, that's common knowledge.

People still go
This user liked this post: Jakubclaret

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:37 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:41 pm

Ah - so now you’re admitting the possibility our standards will be compromised. So that is another nail in the coffin of taking back control.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:42 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:37 pm
Ah - so now you’re admitting the possibility our standards will be compromised. So that is another nail in the coffin of taking back control.
Not admitted anything, just making it crystal clear that no one is forced to lower their standards.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:43 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:35 pm
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... rs-furious

They didn’t make anything clear because they voted down the amendment that would have protected our standards. We only have their word.

As you responded to the post, do you think the Leave advocates who insisted leaving with a great deal would be easy (and also claimed people saying otherwise were merely fearmongers) were stupid, or lying to us?
I think some leave advocates were as full of **** as remainers.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:00 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:42 pm
Not admitted anything, just making it crystal clear that no one is forced to lower their standards.
The country as a result of Brexit could lower standards in order to get a trade deal. Otherwise the government would have passed the amendment.

At the very foundational level, brexit has to be better than being in the EU. By that I mean the lives of ordinary people have to improve. Lowering our standards is not an improvement. Barriers to trade where our standards haven’t been lowered is not an improvement. You have not told us what the net improvement is. I can see it for hedge funds, who can move their money around, and buy distressed assets, but I can’t see it for ordinary people.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:09 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:43 pm
I think some leave advocates were as full of **** as remainers.
Those leave advocates are now in government.

As for the remain d*******s, they all came from the same party. All the other parties had positive messages about why we should remain. Decent pragmatic arguments that were all ignored because the media chose to focus on “blue on blue” like some kind of incest porn.

This WTO Brexit is all about rich people getting richer. If it ends up being good for the country, I’ll be the first to say so, and I’ll enjoy the taking back of control. All the evidence points the other way.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:18 pm

The way you talk it's like you've never encountered rich people getting richer on the back of gov decisions.
Have you been living in a cave?

I'll worry about our standards later if they change.
We have higher standards on things than large chunks of the EU, but that doesn't seem to bother you for some odd reason.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:24 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:09 pm
Those leave advocates are now in government.

As for the remain d*******s, they all came from the same party. All the other parties had positive messages about why we should remain. Decent pragmatic arguments that were all ignored because the media chose to focus on “blue on blue” like some kind of incest porn.

This WTO Brexit is all about rich people getting richer. If it ends up being good for the country, I’ll be the first to say so, and I’ll enjoy the taking back of control. All the evidence points the other way.
How do the rich get richer from WTO? Thought it was going to be economically catastrophic for the country? In which case surely the rich get poorer?

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:27 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:18 pm
The way you talk it's like you've never encountered rich people getting richer on the back of gov decisions.
Have you been living in a cave?

I'll worry about our standards later if they change.
We have higher standards on things than large chunks of the EU, but that doesn't seem to bother you for some odd reason.
Again, I can see the upside for very rich people, but not any for ordinary people. If you know some, please share. As for standards, if you want them to stay the same talk to your MP now. Waiting until they’re changed is too late.

Willy
Been Liked: 39 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by Willy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:41 pm

The upside for ordinary people is that we have left the EU and it's protectionist policies.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:27 pm

Willy wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:41 pm
The upside for ordinary people is that we have left the EU and it's protectionist policies.
Yes we didn’t want to be in a protectionist trading block, especially one we do most of our trading with. Now to get a great deal with the protectionist trading blo..... Oh ****, hang on, no, stop!

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:31 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:27 pm
Again, I can see the upside for very rich people, but not any for ordinary people. If you know some, please share. As for standards, if you want them to stay the same talk to your MP now. Waiting until they’re changed is too late.
I don't even know who my MP is without googling them :lol:

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:46 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:24 pm
How do the rich get richer from WTO? Thought it was going to be economically catastrophic for the country? In which case surely the rich get poorer?
The very rich - so I’m not talking about people who are a few millions of pounds rich - can soak up the initial economic hit (or move their investments off shore), and then buy cut priced investments after the crash.

This isn’t a new subject. For a long time remainers have talked of this, and also leavers:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ing-brexit

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:46 pm
The very rich - so I’m not talking about people who are a few millions of pounds rich - can soak up the initial economic hit
So that's the Labour shadow cabinet off the hook then.

Convenient.....

😅🤣🤣😅

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:10 am

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:14 pm

Minister finally admits an "Australia Deal" is simply No Deal by another name.

If No Deal was really a good thing, why would they have to dress it up and be dishonest to the public?

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:39 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:14 pm

If No Deal was really a good thing, why would they have to dress it up and be dishonest to the public?
Could they call it a US deal? In the same way they have talked about Canadian, Norwegian, Swiss deals. It’s pointing out other countries trade with the EU without a “deal”. It’s not a commentary on how “good”the deal is. Isn’t it established that no deal can be as good for business/economy than what we had?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:42 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:39 pm
Could they call it a US deal? In the same way they have talked about Canadian, Norwegian, Swiss deals. It’s pointing out other countries trade with the EU without a “deal”. It’s not a commentary on how “good”the deal is. Isn’t it established that no deal can be as good for business/economy than what we had?
No it isn’t.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:46 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Dress it up and justify it to yourself however you like. The government is rhetorically disguising the absence of a deal.

And to the last question, it's categorially not established.

android
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by android » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:06 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:46 pm
The very rich - so I’m not talking about people who are a few millions of pounds rich - can soak up the initial economic hit (or move their investments off shore), and then buy cut priced investments after the crash.

This isn’t a new subject. For a long time remainers have talked of this, and also leavers:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ing-brexit
Why write about things you do not understand?

The super rich hedgies who took your advice on a no deal Brexit happening on 31 Oct 2019 and gambled by shorting sterling in September 2019 at $1.20 lost 10% of their money in less than 3 months when sterling soared to $1.34 after the election.

And I doubt there are many rich people who would like their assets to crash in value.

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1099 times

Post by bfcmik » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:19 pm
It's well worth remembering without bias what vote resulted in the decision, on that basis it's the remainers that have been creating all the difficulties all along, rightfully the leavers vote won but it's not them creating problems.
That's the same as saying, "The Tories won the General Election so we should all stop moaning about it and pointing out the stupidity, greed and gross incompetence that the government so eagerly displays every day."

"Oh! and PS, The Tories won a majority at that election so we don't need another vote a few years down the line to confirm or change, that vote because no-one ever changes their mind about politics (except politicians)!"

(edited as 1 letter can totally transform the meaning of a sentence!)

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:57 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
The crucial difference there being that Canada, Norway and Switzerland have a deal. Describing the absence of a deal as a deal is pretty disingenuous.

I can't say I've seen anything where No Deal is as good as the current deal so would be interested in any links to something like that.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:03 pm

aggi wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:57 pm
The crucial difference there being that Canada, Norway and Switzerland have a deal. Describing the absence of a deal as a deal is pretty disingenuous.

I can't say I've seen anything where No Deal is as good as the current deal so would be interested in any links to something like that.
To be fair I’m loving this new definition of ‘deal’, it makes our transfer window far less depressing, that deal we did with Liverpool for Wilson and with Watford for Dawson.

android
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by android » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:19 pm

martin_p wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:03 pm
To be fair I’m loving this new definition of ‘deal’, it makes our transfer window far less depressing, that deal we did with Liverpool for Wilson and with Watford for Dawson.
Yes I like it as well. As the withdrawal agreement wasn't a deal, we should be able to play Trippier and Ings this evening. Happy days!

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5201 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:20 pm

martin_p wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:03 pm
Can we refer to the Harry Wilson outcome as the "Swansea Deal" as I believe we successfully negotiated and agreed with Liverpool the same deal they gave to Swansea.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:36 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:14 pm

Call it "no deal" and a lot of people hear "no" and think that is bad. Say it is the same deal that Australia has then people understand that Australia's not doing too badly, so the WTO deal will work out.

It's no difference than speaking of a "Canada style" deal - again, people can relate to a deal that already exists for a country many have some knowledge of.

Surely, we've all known all along that giving the outcome a label helps us all relate and understand what is going on a little more easily.

And, this applies for both sides (assuming there are only two sides) whether leave or remain.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:40 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:36 pm
Call it "no deal" and a lot of people hear "no" and think that is bad. Say it is the same deal that Australia has then people understand that Australia's not doing too badly, so the WTO deal will work out.

It's no difference than speaking of a "Canada style" deal - again, people can relate to a deal that already exists for a country many have some knowledge of.

Surely, we've all known all along that giving the outcome a label helps us all relate and understand what is going on a little more easily.

And, this applies for both sides (assuming there are only two sides) whether leave or remain.
Yes, but Australia weren’t part of the EU so the comparison is useless. It’s disingenuous to pretend no deal is anything but that. And perhaps people are thinking no deal is bad because it is (according to every economic forecast available).

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:47 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:46 pm
Dress it up and justify it to yourself however you like. The government is rhetorically disguising the absence of a deal.

And to the last question, it's categorially not established.
“no deal”not “No Deal”

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:54 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:36 pm

Nice bit of spin Paul - Mr Campbell would be proud of you !!

It’s a big coincidence that as we approach the very real prospect of no deal that the government suddenly give it a name. They could have chosen the Venus Deal or maybe the Uranus deal - they all mean the same thing.....no deal. But by the very nature of giving it a country name there will be no doubt a large number of people who will assume it is a deal and just slightly different trade terms to Canada or Norway deal.

Right I need to go back to work though I have thought of an excuse for those days I go golfing and don’t get any work done and my wife comes home and asks me what I’ve been working on today....”The Australian contract love’

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:08 pm

bfcmik wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:38 pm
That's the same as saying, "The Tories won the General Election so we should all stop moaning about it and pointing out the stupidity, greed and gross incompetence that the government so eagerly displays every day."

"Oh! and PS, The Tories won a majority at that election so we don't need another vote a few years down the line to confirm or change, that vote because no-one ever changes their mind about politics (except politicians)!"

(edited as 1 letter can totally transform the meaning of a sentence!)
True I agree 100% with you, I don't think we've ever had the acceptance from the start as opposed to the domestic main parties fighting it out that's the difference, whatever the deal it could be made of gold & diamond encrusted some of the remainers wouldn't like it, whatever the circumstances some people just didn't want to leave the European Union & will never ever accept the democratic wish of the majority, it's the lack of acceptance I'm pointing out & will continue to do so.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81