ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3598 times

Re: ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

Post by DCWat » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:09 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:18 pm
Nothing to elaborate on at all. The people negotiating are businessmen, I and many more besides me, are fans. We will see things differently.
Agreed that we will see things differently and their decisions will naturally be influenced by things other than just future direction of the club.

I took from your comment; “but I believe their thoughts on the way forward may not match ours” perhaps more than you were meaning!?

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Nonayforever wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:04 pm
And that's the problem. Business men & their hangers on are playing games with a football club that I've spent 50 years supporting.
Me too....well almost - 45 years !

and in my previous career I have seen plenty of wrong uns take over and ruin football clubs.

Got a really bad feeling about what is happening to our club.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:15 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:43 pm
Tell you what I do know - you are coming across as a pretty obnoxious pr-ick.
Hardly any wonder you are backing Farnell....or maybe you are.....
MARLONS PANTS :shock:
These 2 users liked this post: TsarBomba Zlatan

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Nonayforever » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:24 pm

Another part of this saga that I don't understand is the lack of interest / news stories by the general media.

A know Newcastle are a bigger club, but they were in the mainstream news every day, with every point being covered, just like this thread.
This user liked this post: mill hill claret

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:25 pm

I’ve still not forgiven marlonspants for that merry ride he led us all on.

I live at the opposite end of the country, and UTC is my go to for everything BFC related. This is potentially a real defining moment in our history, and we’re all desperate to know what’s going on.

I appreciate some things can’t be elaborated on, but is it too much to ask that this topic is played with a straight bat, instead of it being a dick swinging contest.

Cheers.
These 9 users liked this post: TVC15 ClaretTony mybloodisclaret Zlatan scouseclaret mkmel bfcjg longsidepies Burnleyareback2

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:30 pm

Before the transfer window closed people posted things on here which were a million miles from the truth.
These people knew that their information was fact, or so they told us.

Despite what they might say these same people don't post on here just to update fans with the latest facts about the club, they do it because they like the attention it gets them. They absolutely love it!!

Who in their right mind would betray the confidence of a close friend/colleague/business aquaintance by running to an internet messageboard to divulge confidential information given to them.

These sort of people get a buzz from thinking that other people are in awe of their knowledge of the current situation.

They just give a little info which then tempts others to ask even more questions. It gives them delusions of grandeur.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:56 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:25 pm
I’ve still not forgiven marlonspants for that merry ride he led us all on.

I live at the opposite end of the country, and UTC is my go to for everything BFC related. This is potentially a real defining moment in our history, and we’re all desperate to know what’s going on.

I appreciate some things can’t be elaborated on, but is it too much to ask that this topic is played with a straight bat, instead of it being a dick swinging contest.

Cheers.
Ironic likes?
This user liked this post: Tall Paul

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:58 pm

Targetman wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:30 pm
Before the transfer window closed people posted things on here which were a million miles from the truth.

Despite what they might say these same people don't post on here just to update fans with the latest facts about the club, they do it because they like the attention it gets them. They absolutely love it!!

Who in their right mind would betray the confidence of a close friend/colleague/business aquaintance by running to an internet messageboard to divulge confidential information given to them.

These sort of people get a buzz from thinking that other people are in awe of their knowledge of the current situation.

They just give a little info which then tempts others to ask even more questions. It gives them delusions of grandeur.
Spot on.
Then you get the other saddos saying people are only jealous of those more “in the know”.

It’s embarrassing.

If someone is a real supporter of the club like CT and they have information that they can divulge they do it because they think it’s in the best interest of the club and the supporters to let them know....and there’s no ulterior motive or ego trip in any of this.

Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:01 pm

Targetman wrote:

You’re right, but then again you know none of the ‘sources’. Couldn’t we all be planted by prospective bids to drum up support?

The simple fact of the matter is that you’re not allowed to challenge the de facto. Be that about information, or individuals.

The last time I’ll post on the matter.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Post by jedi_master » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:05 pm

Targetman wrote:

Starting to reach the same conclusion. I tend to take people at face value until I am wronged by them (that could mean either I try to see the best in things too often or that I am just fundamentally naive!) and I listed a few, I feel, pretty obvious questions that need answering.

As I say, if the poster in question has the inside track to the level he implies then he is either in the thick of it to such a level that any musings he posts on here are irrelevant to its progression, or he’s full of ****. There is really no middle ground to that, as far as I can see.

What will be will be I suppose.

WalkdenClaret
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by WalkdenClaret » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:31 pm

mybloodisclaret wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:34 pm

6. Most seem to prefer ALK given their associated role with player talent identification and previous apparent success in football in America.
7. I think it was ALK who were mooted as a significant investment including in the local economy and had met local council members to discuss investment (could be wrong on this).
8. DJW seems to prefer this bid as do most, and certainly from what he has said knows a decent amount about both bids.
I think that is my understanding so far, anyone know why ALK are not selected then? DJW you have already stated above that you know a preferred bid has been identified.
AI Scout is small app developed by Project 23rd Century, owned by Ex-IBM develop Darren Piries, his wife Sally as Ptr Holdings plus Nicolas David Henri Dreux. No mention of Alan Pace.
Mr Dreux is director Blue Copal holdings.
Neither Blue Copal nor 23rd Century have filed returns, nor do they have any web or social media presence which tells you something about their history of business, experience, finances etc.
AI Scout seems good at self promotion. It has very little download on the play store and ratings are from a few young men hoping to land a Premier league contract. I suspect it has quite a small value in the low hundred thousands. (Congrats to Mr Piries son who was selected for the Sri Lankan team but not listed in the squad).
playerlens has 4 directors: Josep Ramon Capdevila, Elizabeth Jane Ellen, Lee Kerry Hemmings and Jordan Piers Mornington.
Conclusion: if Alan Pace / ALK have invested in AIScout / PlayerLens, I suspect he's had a few pints with a few mates and invested a few thousand at most.
On Alan Pace, he was interim president of small US soccer team for 6 months in 2007/8 (12 years ago), in reality, to help get his company SCP Worldwide into Salt Lake.
SCP was touted as a global sports, concerts, arena corp, but wound up a the pie seller at Salt Lake before being sacked. He had been a salaryman at CITI bank for last 11 years. Not sure what that says about Mr Pace's experience in football finance.
Al-Kasheny's Dubai franchises were all closed years ago.
If people are getting excited about either of these, good luck but Burnley FC will stop for me after 40 years.
We have never had investment, always been a tight, small loss/profit business.
All teams whos fans demanded to pay that little extra (millions in salaries, long term contracts, no relegation clause) are all languishing in league one.
I have no answer, because player wages are a scourge on society and until we get a restart of their wages, it's a flawed impossible model without 20 philanthropic billionaires.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:39 pm

WalkdenClaret wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:31 pm
AI Scout is small app developed by Project 23rd Century, owned by Ex-IBM develop Darren Piries, his wife Sally as Ptr Holdings plus Nicolas David Henri Dreux. No mention of Alan Pace.
Mr Dreux is director Blue Copal holdings.
Neither Blue Copal nor 23rd Century have filed returns, nor do they have any web or social media presence which tells you something about their history of business, experience, finances etc.
AI Scout seems good at self promotion. It has very little download on the play store and ratings are from a few young men hoping to land a Premier league contract. I suspect it has quite a small value in the low hundred thousands. (Congrats to Mr Piries son who was selected for the Sri Lankan team but not listed in the squad).
playerlens has 4 directors: Josep Ramon Capdevila, Elizabeth Jane Ellen, Lee Kerry Hemmings and Jordan Piers Mornington.
Conclusion: if Alan Pace / ALK have invested in AIScout / PlayerLens, I suspect he's had a few pints with a few mates and invested a few thousand at most.
On Alan Pace, he was interim president of small US soccer team for 6 months in 2007/8 (12 years ago), in reality, to help get his company SCP Worldwide into Salt Lake.
SCP was touted as a global sports, concerts, arena corp, but wound up a the pie seller at Salt Lake before being sacked. He had been a salaryman at CITI bank for last 11 years. Not sure what that says about Mr Pace's experience in football finance.
Al-Kasheny's Dubai franchises were all closed years ago.
If people are getting excited about either of these, good luck but Burnley FC will stop for me after 40 years.
We have never had investment, always been a tight, small loss/profit business.
All teams whos fans demanded to pay that little extra (millions in salaries, long term contracts, no relegation clause) are all languishing in league one.
I have no answer, because player wages are a scourge on society and until we get a restart of their wages, it's a flawed impossible model without 20 philanthropic billionaires.
You’re missing the point, Pace doesn’t need money he’s simply the frontman...

WalkdenClaret
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by WalkdenClaret » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:57 pm

Yes, sorry missed that bit.
Obviously, both of them don't have 2 h'apennies to rub together.
Which was supposed to be my point, people are happy with ALK because Alan Pace sounds better than Al-Keshany. In reality, both are fronts, nobody can be comfortable being taken over by anonymous investors.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1129 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:36 am

Someone give me contact details for this Farnell chap, I want to challenge him to wrestle me in the Greco-Roman style.
This user liked this post: HahaYeah

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 578 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:18 am

What’s the marlonspants references about?

mkmel
Been Liked: 1270 times
Has Liked: 2234 times

Post by mkmel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:56 am

I think he was insisting/lying probably for a so called laugh quite a few years ago now that we were about to be taken over by some very rich Chinese

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:48 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:31 pm
I’ve no idea but whatever the role there is enough evidence from at least four other football clubs that would suggest that we should have serious concerns whatever the role.

I must admit that my investigations must have got under his skin for him to have his PR man emailing me wanting to tell me that everything being said about him is all wrong.
So basically we've Pages and pages of accusations, fans falling out with each other, and we don't even know if, how, in what position he might be in, if, or when this deal goes through..... Is that correct?

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:04 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:09 pm
Nothing to believe or disbelieve until they actually tell us something. But I believe their thoughts on the way forward might not match ours.
Sifting through all the comments and this is accurate. I mentioned a while ago that one bid will take the club off in a tangent that would be less popular with fans than the other. That's without even bringing Farnell into the argument. Deduce from that what you will.
I think the ALK bid would be far more to the liking of Clarets fans on a whole because of who we see ourselves as and how we like to be portrayed.

Fez
Been Liked: 57 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by Fez » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:24 am

70 pages of pure speculative drivel

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:59 am

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:01 pm
You’re right, but then again you know none of the ‘sources’. Couldn’t we all be planted by prospective bids to drum up support?

The simple fact of the matter is that you’re not allowed to challenge the de facto. Be that about information, or individuals.

The last time I’ll post on the matter.
One can but hope

Seems someone wanted to create the image of being ITK, but once questioned you changed tune more than a nightclub DJ, tried backing 2 horses in a 2 horse race and then got upset when told things you have stated as fact were anything but that. Bit like the transfer window all over again.

Perhaps it would have been fairer on you, had when you stated transfers as fact rather than let you get the attention you wanted your facts were shown then to be ****ocks. Who knows you may have then stopped.

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:22 am

BenWickes wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:04 am
Sifting through all the comments and this is accurate. I mentioned a while ago that one bid will take the club off in a tangent that would be less popular with fans than the other. That's without even bringing Farnell into the argument. Deduce from that what you will.
I think the ALK bid would be far more to the liking of Clarets fans on a whole because of who we see ourselves as and how we like to be portrayed.
My take on that from what little we know or think we know. ALK woukd invest in a slower more pragmatic way...perhaps in the mould of Brentford. Buying wisely and within our relative means. Allowing us better spending power but also allowing us to keep the community feel to the club.
The Egyptians bid i assume will chuck money at it a little more..maybe we would move stadium and radically change the feel of the club. No more little Burnley punching above their weight. However this will come with risk as it would raise us way above our natural level and the bigger risk of it going pop..like at Bolton or a slower death like at Blackburn.

Or am i completely misjudging the two bids?

Nonayforever

Post by Nonayforever » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:48 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:22 am
My take on that from what little we know or think we know. ALK woukd invest in a slower more pragmatic way...perhaps in the mould of Brentford. Buying wisely and within our relative means. Allowing us better spending power but also allowing us to keep the community feel to the club.
The Egyptians bid i assume will chuck money at it a little more..maybe we would move stadium and radically change the feel of the club. No more little Burnley punching above their weight. However this will come with risk as it would raise us way above our natural level and the bigger risk of it going pop..like at Bolton or a slower death like at Blackburn.

Or am i completely misjudging the two bids?
My take on it from what i think i know, is that you may be correct in your assumption that the stadium may move to an out of town retail / hotel development akin to the Bolton stadium. We have people in house with experience in this type of development.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:15 am

Nonayforever wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:48 am
My take on it from what i think i know, is that you may be correct in your assumption that the stadium may move to an out of town retail / hotel development akin to the Bolton stadium. We have people in house with experience in this type of development.
I struggle to see how this model would be profitable enough to make it worth it. Bolton have shown how "profitable" a hotel, etc is in a not particularly desired area and there isn't the sale of a high value asset (the current ground) to make it worth the investment.

Nonayforever

Post by Nonayforever » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:20 am

aggi wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:15 am
I struggle to see how this model would be profitable enough to make it worth it. Bolton have shown how "profitable" a hotel, etc is in a not particularly desired area and there isn't the sale of a high value asset (the current ground) to make it worth the investment.
It would be profitable for the developers. It may not have long term viability but the developers will have cut and run by then.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:23 am

The great thing about building a new stadium is that it is a seamless transition. I think most of us agree that the Turf would need massive redevelopment in most of our remaining lifetimes, having gone through that before we know it would be horrendous for a couple of years, and after last season and this season do we really want that? It wouldn’t help staying up, for sure.

Teams like Derby and Spurs have a great arena, then we have many for whom it feels “flat”.

We have to try and imagine alternative visions for the future - status quo is never a realistic option, we move forwards or backwards. I would prefer redevelopment of the Turf because it is our identity and it would cripple many local businesses if we move. But any bidder with no development plans whatsoever is probably not a bidder we need.

(I’m aware this comes again under the speculative category of post, but that is sometimes a good way for people to get a “feel” for what the fans / customers want - a bidder will come into one of the three categories I mention - Develop Existing, Develop New, Don’t Develop. I’ve put them in that order for a reason).

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:32 am

aggi wrote:
Near zero interest rates has to change the model a bit, as does the possibility of borrowing money (hypothetically) from an overseas state (not sure of FFP etc). If the development can turn a profit annually, the depreciation / debt repayment may become less of a relevance compared to a traditional development.

Then we have the intangibles - the benefit from an increased visibility in the country / world, having one of the Premier League 20 grounds, of which only half will have had major developments recently, that can be a big attraction (e.g. to a country needing huge development for a future world cup like Qatar has done, which our owner/developer may look to get involved in). We then get the Northern Powerhouse angle too, as an “in” into those billions sloshing around soon.

So it may not stack up in the way accountants may traditionally do it, but I believe it would be deemed to be attractive to do, for certain people.
This user liked this post: Nonayforever

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:36 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:48 am
So basically we've Pages and pages of accusations, fans falling out with each other, and we don't even know if, how, in what position he might be in, if, or when this deal goes through..... Is that correct?
It's not relevant - given what is available on this bloke you wouldn't want him involved in any role.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:38 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:23 am
status quo is never a realistic option, we move forwards or backwards.
Why is status quo never a realistic option?

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:39 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:36 am
It's not relevant - given what is available on this bloke you wouldn't want him involved in any role.
CT, why sit on the fence... tell us what you really think eh...!

;)

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:43 am

Zlatan wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:39 am
CT, why sit on the fence... tell us what you really think eh...!

;)
It's not what I think though is it.

I did laugh at the very notion that failing the owners & directors test was down to him not ticking a box. I don't think I'd employ a solicitor who failed to tick boxes.

Also, amazed how quickly I received an email from a former journalist at the Daily Mirror and News of the World who wanted to tell me about the AWFUL (he used capitals for that word) amount of rubbish that had been written about Farnell. Turns out this former journalist runs his own PR company and Farnell is one of his clients.

What everyone has told me might not be correct, he might turn out to be perfect for a football club, but from what I've read and from what I've been told from people I respect then I have serious concerns about him being anywhere near our football club.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan longsidepies

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:43 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:32 am
Near zero interest rates has to change the model a bit, as does the possibility of borrowing money (hypothetically) from an overseas state (not sure of FFP etc). If the development can turn a profit annually, the depreciation / debt repayment may become less of a relevance compared to a traditional development.

Then we have the intangibles - the benefit from an increased visibility in the country / world, having one of the Premier League 20 grounds, of which only half will have had major developments recently, that can be a big attraction (e.g. to a country needing huge development for a future world cup like Qatar has done, which our owner/developer may look to get involved in). We then get the Northern Powerhouse angle too, as an “in” into those billions sloshing around soon.

So it may not stack up in the way accountants may traditionally do it, but I believe it would be deemed to be attractive to do, for certain people.
The only stadium in the region that fits that bill is Bramley Moore Dock and there is much debate about how that is going to be financed, it has struggled to be part of the City of Liverpool's own action plan this year and while planning is progressing and the club have invited fans to take part in a detailed survey as to the options the ground could offer - it is obvious to Evertonians that a debt based development will price out many fans forever - that is a circa 50k - 60k stadium opportunity - we would struggle with a 20k one if the prices rose.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:45 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:23 am
The great thing about building a new stadium is that it is a seamless transition. I think most of us agree that the Turf would need massive redevelopment in most of our remaining lifetimes, having gone through that before we know it would be horrendous for a couple of years, and after last season and this season do we really want that? It wouldn’t help staying up, for sure.

Teams like Derby and Spurs have a great arena, then we have many for whom it feels “flat”.

We have to try and imagine alternative visions for the future - status quo is never a realistic option, we move forwards or backwards. I would prefer redevelopment of the Turf because it is our identity and it would cripple many local businesses if we move. But any bidder with no development plans whatsoever is probably not a bidder we need.

(I’m aware this comes again under the speculative category of post, but that is sometimes a good way for people to get a “feel” for what the fans / customers want - a bidder will come into one of the three categories I mention - Develop Existing, Develop New, Don’t Develop. I’ve put them in that order for a reason).
I don't think there is any consideration from the ALK bid to move us away from Turf Moor - no idea on the other bid.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:46 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:43 am
What everyone has told me might not be correct, he might turn out to be perfect for a football club, but from what I've read and from what I've been told from people I respect then I have serious concerns about him being anywhere near our football club.
I, like you, have not seen anything to suggest he would be good for any club, let alone ours and that dates back to his brief tenure as a director at Wigan 7 years ago, they got rid in double quick time.

Charlton Boy
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by Charlton Boy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:49 am

In todays Sun

CHARLTON owner Thomas Sandgaard has revealed the previous regime blew almost £1MILLION on luxury cars.

The club bought six Range Rovers and a Merc for the likes of former execs Matt Southall, Chris Farnell and Paul Elliott.

Sandgaard, who rescued the club from going into administration in September, told SunSport: “I’ve been working hard since taking over to get these vehicles repossessed — with some of these gentlemen reluctant to hand back the keys.

“It’s crazy that people previously involved with this club decided to spend almost £1m on cars for themselves at a time when it was on its knees. It tells you they only had one agenda: to strip the club of its assets.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... nge-rover/

@Grumps, save yourself the 'bUt WhErE Is tHe pRoOf" comment

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:58 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:36 am
Of course it's relevant.... He might not have any role....

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:58 am

Sounds like an odious character to me. Let’s hope he’s not successful. I get the impression whoever waves the fattest checque will determine the buyer.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:59 am

Charlton Boy wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:49 am
In todays Sun

CHARLTON owner Thomas Sandgaard has revealed the previous regime blew almost £1MILLION on luxury cars.

The club bought six Range Rovers and a Merc for the likes of former execs Matt Southall, Chris Farnell and Paul Elliott.

Sandgaard, who rescued the club from going into administration in September, told SunSport: “I’ve been working hard since taking over to get these vehicles repossessed — with some of these gentlemen reluctant to hand back the keys.

“It’s crazy that people previously involved with this club decided to spend almost £1m on cars for themselves at a time when it was on its knees. It tells you they only had one agenda: to strip the club of its assets.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... nge-rover/

@Grumps, save yourself the 'bUt WhErE Is tHe pRoOf" comment
I've read it, it doesn't say anywhere that they were bought in January, as you suggested

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:04 am

ClaretTony wrote:

I did laugh at the very notion that failing the owners & directors test was down to him not ticking a box. I don't think I'd employ a solicitor who failed to tick boxes.

Also, amazed how quickly I received an email from a former journalist at the Daily Mirror and News of the World who wanted to tell me about the AWFUL (he used capitals for that word) amount of rubbish that had been written about Farnell. Turns out this former journalist runs his own PR company and Farnell is one of his clients.

For what it's worth, I wholeheartedly agree with you CT, my comment was sarcasm (as I am sure you knew anyway). From what I have read too, I fear that any deal with this chap involved would be disastrous for Burnley FC. I have no fundamental objections to new investment or the concept of a new stadium as some have mentioned (as long as its done right, think more Spurs than MK Dons) but I dont want this chap anywhere near us based on his track record.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:11 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:58 am
Of course it's relevant.... He might not have any role....
If that's what you want to believe then believe it - but his name has been all over it as part of the deal. That means he's involved, simple as that.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:13 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:11 am
If that's what you want to believe then believe it - but his name has been all over it as part of the deal. That means he's involved, simple as that.
Where have details of the deal been published other than newspaper reports, which may, or may not be correct

HarryPottsDesk
Been Liked: 28 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by HarryPottsDesk » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:18 am

I don't have time to re-read all the posts, but didn't someone say (maybe a newspaper report?) that the Egyptian bid would allow MG a continuing role, and the US bid not? Might that explain why the Egyptian bid might be preferred by our major shareholder?

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:18 am

aggi wrote:
The Bolton hotel was much more sought after than the football club when for sale.

Apparently the same applies for a chippy at Wigan.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:21 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:13 am
Where have details of the deal been published other than newspaper reports, which may, or may not be correct
If you can't be bothered to do some research then I think it is about time you stopped using this message board to dismiss those who have. Whatever you do though, please don't reply to any more of my posts on this thread.

Charlton Boy
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by Charlton Boy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:25 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:59 am
I've read it, it doesn't say anywhere that they were bought in January, as you suggested
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Farnell had one. It was the last one to be recovered, that's all you need to know. It's not an opinion, it's reported everywhere.
Last edited by Charlton Boy on Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:26 am

Looks like we are not allowed to question anything, or have a different view... In which case I'll leave you to it. Happy New year

Goobs
Been Liked: 1459 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Goobs » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:27 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:13 am
If you come down stairs in the middle of the night and find a guy dressed all in black brandishing a knife and he tells you he was confused and accidentally entered the wrong house would you believe him and go straight back to bed trusting him the let himself out and lock up or would you expect he was trying to rob your house and call the police?

If it looks like a cow, smells like a cow and moo's like a cow, chances are it's a cow. Why are you so eager to give this guy with a murky history a chance?

It's almost like some people have an ulterior motive to their comments.
These 3 users liked this post: Zlatan Dark Cloud longsidepies

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:28 am

dsr wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:38 am
Why is status quo never a realistic option?
Because they've only got one riff...
This user liked this post: Hipper

Goobs
Been Liked: 1459 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Goobs » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:29 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:28 am
Because they've only got one riff...
And one of them is dead.

onewillieirvine
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Post by onewillieirvine » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:35 am

I've tried searching for details of any deal but seem to draw a blank on anything concrete from either party. The only bit I've seen that isn't speculation is the clubs announcement. I still expect our Chairman and board to do right by the club they support.
These 2 users liked this post: Grumps Burnleyareback2

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1111 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:44 am

ClaretTony wrote:

Have you managed to speak to Garlick about your concerns yet ?