ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Re: ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:52 pm

MRG wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:18 pm
Sometimes Tony you do yourself no favours
Not sure what you are referring to and certainly don’t know why anyone should like your post

mill hill claret
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by mill hill claret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:56 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:51 pm
:P

Clearly but his report is not accurate in terms of staff having been informed.
Well we will find out next week ....

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:59 pm

mill hill claret wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:56 pm
Well we will find out next week ....
I’ve already posted. Something might have changed and it might go through next week but there is content in that article which is not accurate.

mill hill claret

Post by mill hill claret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:01 pm

Well if it goes through next week I'd say the article is very accurate 👍

MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by MRG » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:02 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:52 pm
Not sure what you are referring to and certainly don’t know why anyone should like your post
Because we all see you bemoaning negative posts towards you then you post something will encourage such posts.

A professional football reporter will have reported in good faith based on his information that he has received. It appears that the people you have spoken to have a different take on things, it certainly doesn’t mean that he is categorically wrong and you are right. That’s the attitude that attracts negative comments towards you.

For the record I understand that this is signed and awaiting PL approval, my source may be wrong and yours could be right when they tell you that it’s been delayed. I know that neither you or I have contacts at the level to know 100% therefore we will just have to wait and see.
These 5 users liked this post: bfcmartin Steddyman Untinted Glasses BOYSIE31 cricketfieldclarets

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:06 pm

MRG wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:02 pm
Because we all see you bemoaning negative posts towards you then you post something will encourage such posts.

A professional football reporter will have reported in good faith based on his information that he has received. It appears that the people you have spoken to have a different take on things, it certainly doesn’t mean that he is categorically wrong and you are right. That’s the attitude that attracts negative comments towards you.

For the record I understand that this is signed and awaiting PL approval, my source may be wrong and yours could be right when they tell you that it’s been delayed. I know that neither you or I have contacts at the level to know 100% therefore we will just have to wait and see.
All I have said is the staff haven’t been informed and he is incorrect in that assumption. There will be senior staff who will know where the deal is in terms of progress admittedly.

I’m not going to say he’s got it right when I know he’s got something wrong.

MRG

Post by MRG » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:08 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:06 pm
All I have said is the staff haven’t been informed and he is incorrect in that assumption.
*Based on the few staff that you have spoken too, it is impossible for you to state that he is incorrect that no staff have been told. Obviously presuming you haven’t spoken to every member of staff at the club
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

mill hill claret

Post by mill hill claret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:10 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
All I have said is the staff haven’t been informed and he is incorrect in that assumption. There will be senior staff who will know where the deal is in terms of progress admittedly.

How do we know certain members of staff have been informed ..but others haven't...maybe your sources are not in the loop?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:11 pm

MRG wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:08 pm
*Based on the few staff that you have spoken too, it is impossible for you to state that he is incorrect that no staff have been told. Obviously presuming you haven’t spoken to every member of staff at the club
Fine. I know what I know. I think finally I will stay off this thread.
These 2 users liked this post: MRG bfcmartin

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:15 pm

ClaretTony wrote:

The reporter, like most modern journalism didn't mention specifics. So nobody can prove it right or wrong.

I think they get taught by the psychic in Pheonix Nights.

mill hill claret

Post by mill hill claret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:15 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:11 pm
Fine. I know what I know. I think finally I will stay off this thread.
Why would you want to stay off this thread ??...football is all about opinions . No one is having a go .I'm really excited by all this takeover talk and think it could take us to the next level ...
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:26 pm

I'm looking forward to it too, if it's ALK, but we'll know when we know and that's all there is to it.
These 2 users liked this post: mill hill claret mybloodisclaret

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:27 pm

I’ve never been in the know and have never claimed to be, however the information I have received is the deal was signed off last week pending PL approval which should be this week. I’m not sure where CT is getting the delay from unless he means PL approval delay?
These 2 users liked this post: MRG bfcmartin

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1882 times
Has Liked: 840 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:30 pm

Fingers crossed it is completed next week hopefully to go with an away win or two!
These 4 users liked this post: mill hill claret mill hill claret FactualFrank mybloodisclaret

MRG

Post by MRG » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:34 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:27 pm
I’ve never been in the know and have never claimed to be, however the information I have received is the deal was signed off last week pending PL approval which should be this week. I’m not sure where CT is getting the delay from unless he means PL approval delay?
Exactly the same as what I’ve been told.

My ‘source’ is a club employee and is involved with the finance side of the club. The information that I sometimes get, is always spot on. If you check back through my posts on this thread they have proven to be correct on every occasion so far.
These 5 users liked this post: bfcmartin Earlyriser Steddyman mybloodisclaret cricketfieldclarets

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:36 pm

I don't care who is in the know, so long as the bit about it being signed off is bloody correct! It sometimes feel like pot luck as to whether to believe posters as we've had the likes of Wellsy and MarlonsPants.
This user liked this post: mill hill claret

claret3561
Been Liked: 136 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by claret3561 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:38 pm

The problem CT is as I stated earlier in this thread you have stated that someone high up told a supporters group what was going on, but as ordinary supporters we are not privy to this information. I think this is why a few people are getting a bit uppity with you
This user liked this post: StuffyClaret

mill hill claret

Post by mill hill claret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:39 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:27 pm
So basically what DJW was saying
This user liked this post: Earlyriser

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:45 pm

:cry:
claret3561 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:38 pm
The problem CT is as I stated earlier in this thread you have stated that someone high up told a supporters group what was going on, but as ordinary supporters we are not privy to this information. I think this is why a few people are getting a bit uppity with you
I said someone senior had told a supporters group, didn’t say he’d told me. I can confirm there was another regular poster from this board there at the time when it was said. I probably shouldn’t have posted it really because I’m restricted in what I’m allowed to say from that meeting but I thought it was right that I passed on the info. Why anyone should get uppity I really don’t know but it’s not just me on this thread who is being targeted.
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4324 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:51 pm

As far as Im concerned all contributions from posters who have any genuine information to pass on , be that a snippet or something more substantial, are to be welcomed. We're all on the same side here and all want the best for Burnley FC.
These 8 users liked this post: NewClaret mill hill claret TsarBomba Steve-Harpers-perm Raggus mybloodisclaret Steddyman cricketfieldclarets

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:56 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:45 pm
:cry:

I said someone senior had told a supporters group, didn’t say he’d told me. I can confirm there was another regular poster from this board there at the time when it was said. I probably shouldn’t have posted it really because I’m restricted in what I’m allowed to say from that meeting but I thought it was right that I passed on the info. Why anyone should get uppity I really don’t know but it’s not just me on this thread who is being targeted.
CT, at said meeting was there any discussion about ALK’s plans? Again, not asking you to divulge if the detail, just wondering if any detail has been shared.

You seem much more comfortable with the ALK bid than the Egyptian/Farnell one.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:05 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:56 pm
CT, at said meeting was there any discussion about ALK’s plans? Again, not asking you to divulge if the detail, just wondering if any detail has been shared.

You seem much more comfortable with the ALK bid than the Egyptian/Farnell one.
I can answer your question easily with a no. There was no mention of ALK or anyone just that a takeover was progressing, wouldn’t be this side of Christmas, probably January. That was admittedly four days ago.

I don’t know too much about ALK other than them already having non sporting interests in the county. What I have heard sounds positive. They appear to be football people with plans to grow the club in different areas.

The Elkashashy/Farnell option frightened me because of Farnell. The information I’ve collected on him had me very worried. Last weekend I heard a suggestion that they were back in but thankfully it was not the case.

Should ALK buy the club it could prove to be a major concern for us but I’ve picked up enough to have some confidence that it would be more than ok.
These 7 users liked this post: mill hill claret NewClaret bfcjg randomclaret2 Vegas Claret ClaretAL mybloodisclaret

sykeclaret
Been Liked: 10 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by sykeclaret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:08 pm

The takeover should have gone through last week but still dealing with issues with garlick who wants the CEO, should be done next week, believe certain directors have lost money with their shares

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:12 pm

So we have Tony saying it's not going to happen until next year and some saying it'll happen next week.

I'll be a pessimistic bugger and go with mid-January. The problem there is, would Garlick allow us to sign players before it goes through? Would he let Dyche buy players with the confidence that it won't have any negative effect on the takeover?

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:12 pm

sykeclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:08 pm
The takeover should have gone through last week but still dealing with issues with garlick who wants the CEO, should be done next week, believe certain directors have lost money with their shares
How can they lose money with their shares if the clubs being sold for circa £200 million?

Do we know what they paid for them?

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:13 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:12 pm
So we have Tony saying it's not going to happen until next year and some saying it'll happen next week.

I'll be a pessimistic bugger and go with mid-January. The problem there is, would Garlick allow us to sign players before it goes through? Would he let Dyche buy players with the confidence that it won't have any negative effect on the takeover?
If the takeover is virtually done new owners can advance money for signings on the proviso it's paid back if the takeover suddenly collapses.
It's been done before at other clubs.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:14 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:12 pm

I think I've explained it now a couple of posts above yours. Information given out four days ago.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:18 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:13 pm
If the takeover is virtually done new owners can advance money for signings on the proviso it's paid back if the takeover suddenly collapses.
It's been done before at other clubs.
Interesting. I hope that's the case and we can bring in 2-3 quality players.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:31 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:18 pm
Interesting. I hope that's the case and we can bring in 2-3 quality players.
I still think we’ll have enough cash in the bank to buy players without a takeover. I reckon we just held off in summer because we know ALK will target better players when they arrive.

Hopefully it’s done before January but if not, I hope they’re working together on the squad strengthening. Wouldn’t be in anyone’s interests to let another window pass.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank Top Claret

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:06 pm

If there has been a change that required resubmission of the fit and proper test that would trigger the different views on completion, and lack of clarity as to how many steps have to be retraced.

It may be different takes on the same correct info.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:11 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:06 pm
If there has been a change that required resubmission of the fit and proper test that would trigger the different views on completion, and lack of clarity as to how many steps have to be retraced.

It may be different takes on the same correct info.
The owners & directors test is basically a check on whether any potential new directors are acceptable and also whether the new owners have proof of funding. At what point that is done I don’t know but I would assume after there is agreement on the deal. I’m led to believe it won’t be a problem.
This user liked this post: NewClaret

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:23 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:11 pm
The owners & directors test is basically a check on whether any potential new directors are acceptable and also whether the new owners have proof of funding. At what point that is done I don’t know but I would assume after there is agreement on the deal. I’m led to believe it won’t be a problem.
Just thinking, It could be that someone else as emerged that would take up a leading role going forward within the firm, that is leading to amendments in paperwork. Purely reading between the lines, but they would then have to touch base with the league again and so a delay of days or weeks as a result of where they start with any change and the different opinions are as to how long...

It may mean additional know-how and finance... if so as long as SD can move into the second half of the season happy they can keep as close to the chest as Bob Lord’s wallet... so long as they get it right and let us know.

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1141 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:25 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:23 pm
Just thinking, It could be that someone else as emerged that would take up a leading role going forward within the firm, that is leading to amendments in paperwork. Purely reading between the lines, but they would then have to touch base with the league again and so a delay of days or weeks as a result of where they start with any change and the different opinions are as to how long...

It may mean additional know-how and finance... if so as long as SD can move into the second half of the season happy they can keep as close to the chest as Bob Lord’s wallet... so long as they get it right and let us know.
Maybe the bloke from the hut.com is getting involved

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:31 pm

Claret Till I Die wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:25 pm
Maybe the bloke from the hut.com is getting involved
I could think of a dozen people that it could be.... off the top of my head and I’ve been out of the loop a long time. Which I mention only as to clarify it would be pure speculation on my part to even mention names.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:32 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:23 pm

Nothing involving the Premier League.
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

sykeclaret
Been Liked: 10 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by sykeclaret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:40 pm

sykeclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:08 pm
maybe with the takeover they are buying only garlicks shares at 53% , hence the delay with him being the new CEO, I heard Brian nelson would lose a few million on the deal

Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:48 pm

MRG wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:02 pm

Like I’ve said, I was told it was signed, but both parties, in an office in Knightsbridge, a week last Friday.
These 2 users liked this post: Earlyriser cricketfieldclarets

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:50 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:05 pm
I can answer your question easily with a no. There was no mention of ALK or anyone just that a takeover was progressing, wouldn’t be this side of Christmas, probably January. That was admittedly four days ago.

I don’t know too much about ALK other than them already having non sporting interests in the county. What I have heard sounds positive. They appear to be football people with plans to grow the club in different areas.

The Elkashashy/Farnell option frightened me because of Farnell. The information I’ve collected on him had me very worried. Last weekend I heard a suggestion that they were back in but thankfully it was not the case.

Should ALK buy the club it could prove to be a major concern for us but I’ve picked up enough to have some confidence that it would be more than ok.

I was widely laughed at to suggest that the new owners were looking to exploit goings on in the wider area, the northern powerhouse, and so on. Now it seems this is accepted and a sound business model....
These 3 users liked this post: Earlyriser BOYSIE31 cricketfieldclarets

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:50 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:48 pm
Like I’ve said, I was told it was signed, but both parties, in an office in Knightsbridge, a week last Friday.
So why would they wait so long to announce it?

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:53 pm

I for one appreciate all the input by the likes of CT, DJW etc. Even if something turns out to be incorrect in the final reckoning I believe that these lads are posting in good faith at the time they have their info. I don't understand the need to have an award ceremony for who said what first though etc.

We should all be very bloody excited about the takeover especially given the research CT has done on ALK

Keep up the good work gents.
These 16 users liked this post: Danieljwaterhouse simonclaret ClaretAL TsarBomba tiger76 Dark Cloud ArmchairDetective Raggus CnBtruntru mybloodisclaret Steddyman longsidepies Turfytop mkmel icu81b4 cricketfieldclarets

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:00 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:50 pm
I’ve no idea

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:02 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:53 pm
I for one appreciate all the input by the likes of CT, DJW etc. Even if something turns out to be incorrect in the final reckoning I believe that these lads are posting in good faith at the time they have their info. I don't understand the need to have an award ceremony for who said what first though etc.

We should all be very bloody excited about the takeover especially given the research CT has done on ALK

I don’t know Daniel but despite a sometimes fractious relationship at times with CT we’ve known each other far too long for us to ever fall out. I know if CT tells you anything it is because he himself believes it, whatever anyone says about him.
This user liked this post: Danieljwaterhouse

MRG

Post by MRG » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:04 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:50 pm
Premier League sign off apparently

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:18 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:00 pm
I’ve no idea
My worst fear is that CF has put a legal spanner in the works, which has been my greatest fear all along. I really hope that i am way off the mark.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:20 pm

Nonayforever wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:18 pm
My worst fear is that CF has put a legal spanner in the works, which has been my greatest fear all along. I really hope that i am way off the mark.
How would Chris Farnell be able to interfere in a business deal between two other parties?

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:20 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:53 pm

Absolutely agree and couldn't have put it better, and the best post on this thread for me.
This user liked this post: Raggus

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:24 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:20 pm
How would Chris Farnell be able to interfere in a business deal between two other parties?
If bid A was £180m
Bid B £200m

Then bid A goes up to £200m I would assume CF has a strong case that the sellers have disclosed confidential information.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:27 pm

Nonayforever wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:24 pm
If bid A was £180m
Bid B £200m

Then bid A goes up to £200m I would assume CF has a strong case that the sellers have disclosed confidential information.
This isn’t a tender process. The sellers can ask for whatever price they want.
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

Archer
Been Liked: 30 times
Has Liked: 146 times

Post by Archer » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:30 pm

Nonayforever wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:24 pm
If bid A was £180m
Bid B £200m

I wouldn’t worry

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2004 times
Has Liked: 3336 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:34 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:27 pm
This isn’t a tender process. The sellers can ask for whatever price they want.
Absolutely. And sell to whoever they want (and feel most comfortable handing over to)