ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1641 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Re: ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:32 am

JR1882 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:27 pm
As dubious/nervous as I am about the takeover, one thing the Americans are good at in general is generating cash and we lag behind almost all other prem teams in this area.

You would hope they have more contacts/experience/knowhow with regards to sponsorship & global outreach as well as opening up commercial & partnership opportunities across the pond.

As stated the clubs merchandising, whilst it has improved from years gone by is very poor - and Americans do retail very well.

We are absolutely rubbish at ticketing, we put tickets on sale and if they sell they sell and if they don’t they don’t. We are in the business of live events and there is no excitement generated, no promotions, no engagement, nothing. We rarely sell out our small stadium or a full away allocation and just hide behind the “small town” reasoning when in Europe smaller towns sell out bigger grounds. Our ticketing needs more innovation and flexibility besides the “frozen season ticket” idea, yes it’s a great deal, but it’s the only thing we have come up with for 6/7 years. The football is boring so you need to find other ways to sell out the stadium and generate revenue.

I also think our supporter engagement is poor. Obviously the club does great community work with those in need but the club seldom gives anything back to the average paying punter. Leicester are an example of a club that does this so well, and small gestures go a long way. As someone whose had a season ticket for going on 20 years and travels away, I can confidently say I am not engaged in what our club do and they could have much more money out of my pocket, if they were innovative enough to do it. Again, “looking after their customers” is something Americans tend to do better than us. If I feel like this then you can bet thousands of others silently do too.

It’s all marginal gains but there’s millions and millions to be had, in my humble opinion of course.

Part of the problem is where we have come from, we have moved forward miles and miles in the last few years but off the pitch, it’s just not enough, we can’t keep pace with the rest of the league and we are miles behind in generating the revenue you need at this level - and this is where I hope ALK will improve our operation.
Agree with this.

Whilst a stereotype, the working class in the north, including Burnley, have been taken for granted for about a century. It’s ingrained into our psyche to respond to those who treat us with respect. For a business like Burnley FC it is a nil brainer - nurture the supporter base, and we repay that loyalty back many times over. It then becomes tribal.

That’s why it astounds me that not more has been done in recent years - just a pat on the head and told to be grateful we are in the Premier League (not told explicitly, but that is the message heard loud and clear).

The Yanks can’t get here quick enough for me.

Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:59 am

I’ve already said that as far as I understand it’s signed.

Tony and I disagree on this for a number of reasons.

That’s okay.
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32393 times
Has Liked: 5270 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:06 am

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:59 am
I’ve already said that as far as I understand it’s signed.

Tony and I disagree on this for a number of reasons.

That’s okay.
100% disagree and only for one reason - nothing has been signed and there is not going to be an early resolution to this, will be January at the earliest.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4323 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:19 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:06 am
100% disagree and only for one reason - nothing has been signed and there is not going to be an early resolution to this, will be January at the earliest.
Will it be finalised to allow signings to be made in the January window Tony ?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:23 am

randomclaret2 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:19 am
Will it be finalised to allow signings to be made in the January window Tony ?
I'm hoping so but I think any suggestion that a deal has been done is extremely wide of the mark right now.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:24 am

I wish posts could stop getting removed from this thread, not only is it incredibly confusing it comes accross as very petty.
This user liked this post: Venkys4eva

whentheballmoves
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by whentheballmoves » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:03 pm

The Clarets Trust, of which I am a board member, was involved in a Zoom conversation last night with the CEO of BFC.
I am not going to reveal what went on, or even hint at it, as per agreement with NH.
I find it strange that some statements are being made on here that purport to know more about this deal than he does.
Let's just wait and see what does or does not happen, rather than simply adding to the noise.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4323 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:33 pm

whentheballmoves wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:03 pm
The Clarets Trust, of which I am a board member, was involved in a Zoom conversation last night with the CEO of BFC.
I am not going to reveal what went on, or even hint at it, as per agreement with NH.
I find it strange that some statements are being made on here that purport to know more about this deal than he does.
Let's just wait and see what does or does not happen, rather than simply adding to the noise.
Does that not hint that he knows little about the deal , ot at least wasnt prepared to say what he does know ?

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:44 pm

whentheballmoves wrote:
With all due respect, you coming on here saying you have had a meeting with NH and not prepared to say what he has said is no different to the cryptic posts from DJW and CT have posted and is 'adding to the noise' also creating further confusion and frustration to fans who just want a straight non conflicting answer as to what is exactly going on which i appreciate isn't as straight forward as that.
These 3 users liked this post: Grumps Turfytop FactualFrank

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:50 pm

I know nothing about this takeover, I've not discussed the subject with anyone either in the know, or not in the know, thats via zoom, telephone, smoke signals or in person, and if i had, i wouldn't tell anyone on here.

Thought I'd add as much substance to this thread as anyone else has.

Chill folk, it's nearly Christmas and everything will come out when it's time to be announced.

SammyBoy
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 434 times

Post by SammyBoy » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:54 pm

I had a meeting with Richard Eckersley last night, I can't disclose exactly what was said, but when I asked if the deal would be completed sooner rather than later he didn't seem overly confident.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 986 times
Has Liked: 1659 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:10 pm

Debenhams were coming to save the town 10 years ago

CaptainKirk
Been Liked: 385 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by CaptainKirk » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:20 pm

Better than the telly, this thread.

Can I just be the 23rd person to say that I have had a meeting with someone very important but am not at liberty to say what was or was not said about what is or is not about to happen just this side or the other side of January?

Literally over a hundred pages of rubbish like this and I defy anyone to say we know anymore than the day this thread started.
I don't know which is more pointless - this thread or the childish word linking one!
This user liked this post: Longtimeclaret

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:33 pm

whentheballmoves wrote:

Not sure why you have bothered to tell us you had a meeting that you can't comment on. As for some people knowing more about the deal than he does, perhaps that is very much the case.
This user liked this post: Turfytop

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:36 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:23 am
I'm hoping so but I think any suggestion that a deal has been done is extremely wide of the mark right now.
How wide?

A little wide, or Tarky is signing for Leicester, and McNeil is currently at their training ground wide?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:38 pm

MACCA wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:36 pm
How wide?

A little wide, or Tarky is signing for Leicester, and McNeil is currently at their training ground wide?
I have absolutely no idea on any potential transfers in or out, and before you ask there are no articles written. From what I know, the deal to buy the club has not gone through and it is unlikely to be this year. I believe there have been delays which I hope doesn't derail it.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:41 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:38 pm
I have absolutely no idea on any potential transfers in or out, and before you ask there are no articles written. From what I know, the deal to buy the club has not gone through and it is unlikely to be this year. I believe there have been delays which I hope doesn't derail it.
Time will tell, however the upturn in form will help settle some nerves, and has certainly lifted some gloom, 3 or 4 more points in the next couple of games will have every one smiling at Christmas. ( from.a football point of view at least )

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:44 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:06 am
That you know of.
This user liked this post: Untinted Glasses

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:48 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:45 pm
I can't believe DJW'S insistences are being dismissed so easily. He's normally so accurate.

;)
To be fair he was the first to break Tarky was signing for Leicester, and McNeil was also st their training ground.
Spot on with the incomings too.

Just wait until 3rd Jan when Phil Jones is spotted at park view chippy grabbing some dinner before the obligatory photo shoot.

Then you wont be mocking....
Last edited by MACCA on Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:44 pm
That you know of.
Yes, as I know of, and that's why no deal has been announced because there isn't one to announce.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:54 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:24 am
I wish posts could stop getting removed from this thread, not only is it incredibly confusing .
I'm just going with this first part - and making no judgement on why what I thought were respectful and well considered posts have been deleted.

Maybe there are reasons that I don't understand...

No worries.

UTC

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:56 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:54 pm
I'm just going with this first part - and making no judgement on why what I thought were respectful and well considered posts have been deleted.

Maybe there are reasons that I don't understand...

No worries.

UTC
The only posts removed have not been respectful

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:00 pm

whentheballmoves wrote:
Hi wtbm, was this just a meeting just for the Clarets Trust, or did it also include others with "larger" shareholdings? I know you've posted before that Clarets Trust has got a reasonably sizeable holding (somewhere between 150 and 200, from memory, without searching on Companies House).

I'll leave my questions there. I'm not concerned if you don't want to/have agreed not to provide further comments.

UTC

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4183 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:25 pm

Brilliant isn't it.

The club haven't announced it has been done
The buyers haven't announced it has been done
The "city" haven't announced it has been done
The local media haven't announced it has been done
The national sporting media haven't announced it has been done

Daniel knows it has been done
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:45 pm

I really don't understand the tension on this board created by this thread. It will happen when it happens and stamping your feet and having a go at each other is not going to change that, no matter how much you want it to. As for what some seem to have turned this thread in to who "is in the know" more thread, again no point what so ever. CT always releases an article pre written at the exact same time (or their about if you want to knit pick) the ultimate people "in the know" release an official statement. So again when that happens we will know. Wanting snippets of could or should be serves no purpose so why keep going on about it. Enjoy that all parties seem to agree that ALK are in driving seat and the CF threat has gone. That is good enough for me.

Wishing you and your families a very merry Christmas.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

DCWat
Been Liked: 4139 times
Has Liked: 3603 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:20 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
That you know of.
The longer it goes without any information being released, it tends to point to Tony being correct on this one, as opposed to yourself, Daniel.

Wouldn’t you agree, or are there good reasons, that you know of, preventing the completed deal from being made public?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:22 pm

DCWat wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:20 pm
The longer it goes without any information being released, it tends to point to Tony being correct on this one, as opposed to yourself, Daniel.

Wouldn’t you agree, or are there good reasons, that you know of, preventing the completed deal from being made public?
I've really gone past the point in caring what people think. I post what I can of what I know and people can believe it or not. I do know that there has been no deal done.
This user liked this post: DCWat

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:05 pm

We all need a bit of Doris Day on this thread .. 8-)

https://youtu.be/xZbKHDPPrrc
This user liked this post: longsidepies

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:15 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
That you know of.
As plots go, this certainly does seem to thicken on a daily basis....its taking on a similar cliffhanger status as who shot JR Ewing....excellent stuff chaps.

Longtimeclaret
Been Liked: 48 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by Longtimeclaret » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:22 pm

CaptainKirk wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:20 pm
Better than the telly, this thread.

Can I just be the 23rd person to say that I have had a meeting with someone very important but am not at liberty to say what was or was not said about what is or is not about to happen just this side or the other side of January?

Literally over a hundred pages of rubbish like this and I defy anyone to say we know anymore than the day this thread started.
I don't know which is more pointless - this thread or the childish word linking one!
Think you have nailed it Captain
Although I would have to say this thread is Comedy Gold.The amount of claims of being in the know here , and claims “nothing is happening at this point “ just makes me smile.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:24 pm

That's it. I've been guilty at times admittedly but this thread, and this board in general, is just becoming a total mess with the bickering and people having a go at each other. Somebody has just registered and posted for the first time for no other reason but to have a go at me.

We either start treating people with respect or 1. this thread will be closed or even removed and if it still doesn't stop I really will shut this board down for a while.

aggi
Been Liked: 2114 times

Post by aggi » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:29 pm

ewanrob wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:15 pm
As plots go, this certainly does seem to thicken on a daily basis....its taking on a similar cliffhanger status as who shot JR Ewing....excellent stuff chaps.
Turns out Mike Garlick dreamt the whole thing.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:30 pm

aggi wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:29 pm
Turns out Mike Garlick dreamt the whole thing.
I don't know him but from what I've seen I doubt he could be described as a dreamer :D

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:32 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:24 pm
That's it. I've been guilty at times admittedly but this thread, and this board in general, is just becoming a total mess with the bickering and people having a go at each other. Somebody has just registered and posted for the first time for no other reason but to have a go at me.

We either start treating people with respect or 1. this thread will be closed or even removed and if it still doesn't stop I really will shut this board down for a while.
The suspension of political threads hasn’t made the slightest difference, pointless posting here anymore, probably a good idea to shut it down for a while Tony you can do without the hassle I’m sure .

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:33 pm

joey13 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:32 pm
The suspension of political threads hasn’t made the slightest difference, pointless posting here anymore, probably a good idea to shut it down for a while Tony you can do without the hassle I’m sure .
I really can do without the hassle. My mental health is not good right now, I'm dreading Christmas not being with my family, but then the other side is that this board has become my company.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:39 pm

Wow - it’s becoming more depressing every day. checking in on this board to see if there is any news.

It’s almost as if certain people want this board to shut down by abusing the one person who has put more time and effort into running and moderating this board than anyone.

You would think in all the divisiveness that has torn through this country in the last few years and the tragic situation millions of people have had to go through this year in particular that supporting your football team would be one of the things that unites people....
These 2 users liked this post: summitclaret jtv

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:39 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:33 pm
I really can do without the hassle. My mental health is not good right now, I'm dreading Christmas not being with my family, but then the other side is that this board has become my company.
Tony, i'm sorry to hear about your mental health right now and from someone who holds mental health in the highest regard from first hand experiences, i am sending you my wishes and hoping you find some peace this Christmas. We are all here for the same thing at the end of the day, Burnley FC. Up the Clarets.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:41 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
I’m sorry to hear that CT. Peoples well being when making posts is something that gets completely lost in the medium we use and people should take that into consideration when posting.

I hope your Christmas turns out to be a lot better than your expectations.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:43 pm

joey13 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:32 pm
I’d disagree with you on that - this board had become a toilet and it’s definitely better than it was. At least many of the protagonists have reduced their posting by 95% since we stopped those threads.

But you are 100% right on what you say about CT and some of the bickering and abuse that seems to materialise on any thread whatever the subject matter.

Wish I had a solution to it which meant we could still enjoy the board as what is happening is just plain wrong.
These 2 users liked this post: joey13 superdimitri

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:44 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:24 pm

CT, I think we all realise you mean well....but we have 3 or 4 people on here that are clearly getting information from the inner workings of this deal...bizarrely their is a lot of contradiction between you all. And for those of us who are a country mile off even the periphery of it all, its unbelievably frustrating. So I ask all 3 or 4 of you, don't get caught up in the general malaise on here...just post when something happens...maybe even talk to each other off thread to get conformation....

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:45 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
And there it is in a nutshell. People need to realise that behind a name in a forum there is a real life person with real life issues to contend with, and not just CT, who will relate to this board to get some conversation albeit in a written format because they don't have the luxury to have their family around them. I personally have a lot going on at the moment with my Mrs in intensive care and trying to keep the family up, and you would think the last thing I would be doing is reading and posting on a board like this, but its the distraction that I find helps and lets you think about something else. However when it comes to reading some of the slanging matches on here it deters me personally and I'm sure many others from doing so and thus heaping on to their issues. So please lest call a truce and just get on and be more thoughtful of what could be going on in someone's life behind a name on a screen.
These 8 users liked this post: randomclaret2 joey13 icu81b4 bfcjg superdimitri longsidepies Vegas Claret rob63

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:49 pm

MACCA wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:36 pm
How wide?

You’ve no idea how accurate that was.

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:52 pm

DCWat wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:20 pm

I don’t disagree. I’m also not sat on the board (yet, one day I’d love to), I’d imagine that they’ll be a good reason.

As I said Tony and I disagree, that’s not a reason to bicker.
This user liked this post: DCWat

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:53 pm

Perhaps, to support all, the board could be run be a new body of people. A takeover perhaps?

Which members would be the ALK and who’d be Farnell...

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:00 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:52 pm

As I said Tony and I disagree, that’s not a reason to bicker.
It's not a reason to bicker. One of us is definitely not correct with our info, we might even both be wrong. I just happen to think that what I know is correct as I'm certain you do.
These 3 users liked this post: Danieljwaterhouse randomclaret2 ClaretAL

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:03 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:25 pm
Brilliant isn't it.

The club haven't announced it has been done
The buyers haven't announced it has been done
The "city" haven't announced it has been done
The local media haven't announced it has been done
The national sporting media haven't announced it has been done

Daniel knows it has been done
Signed: it’s been signed

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2218 times
Has Liked: 2204 times

Post by fidelcastro » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:07 pm

ADMIN: Unnecessary personal post removed - poster suspended for 24 hours
These 3 users liked this post: Danieljwaterhouse DCWat KRBFC

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:24 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:39 pm
Wow - it’s becoming more depressing every day. checking in on this board to see if there is any news.

It’s almost as if certain people want this board to shut down by abusing the one person who has put more time and effort into running and moderating this board than anyone.

You would think in all the divisiveness that has torn through this country in the last few years and the tragic situation millions of people have had to go through this year in particular that supporting your football team would be one of the things that unites people....
You would think so.... But then..

vancouverclaret
Been Liked: 68 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by vancouverclaret » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:35 pm

CT your health is more important than anything else. I had a massive heart attack because of stress I suggest you close this thread, I keep coming on hoping to see an announcement but all I read is people who want everyone to think they're in the know. The take over will happen or it won't. I trust CT will post when it does.
This user liked this post: joey13

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:39 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
You definitely need a break of some kind Tony ,
OTHER POSTERS PLEASE TAKE NOTE .