ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Re: ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

Post by bfcjg » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:06 am

mill hill claret wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:56 pm
Maybe replace an ageing squad with a younger squad ....better players than what we have now
Same squad that has kept us up and actually thrived? The manager in my opinion the best we have ever had might prefer seasoned pros.

mill hill claret
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by mill hill claret » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:06 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:02 am
Yes that is the question, why would they pay that sort of money for us?

Why?
I wonder that myself ..maybe if they invest and improve the club to that the extent they sell it at a profit ...I simply dont know

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:18 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:48 pm
Interesting comment from the MatchZone section of The Metro today previewing the Burnley v Wolves game next Monday:

"In the run-up to facing Aston Villa last night, Burnley had begun to look much more their normal selves with boss Sean Dyche not planning big changes next month."

Sean not expecting the takeover to go through in time?
Or Sean just saying all he can say. Common sense says you don’t go crazy in the January window but make no mistake he will be doing what he is able to do in terms of bringing in players.

He’s come across recently as a little more relaxed but I don’t believe there has been any thawing in his relationship with the chairman.

It will be interesting to see what the new structure at the club will be once this is all settled.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 857 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by scouseclaret » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:25 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:06 pm
Just looking at the Premier League table and seeing no medium to small club like ours in there with foreign investment doing well (and never have).

Looking at our brand.

Only a bellend or someone with ulterior motives wants to buy a football club if they aren't a supporter of that club.

My sixth sense.
Well I would offer up Leicester City and Wolves as two examples, but I’d also have to admit that the list of clubs for whom foreign ownership has ended badly is far longer.

I think it would be foolish not to be at least a little concerned about where the club is heading given how little we know about the people involved. Equally, it’s pretty clear that if the club is to have any chance of progressing, or even maintaining its current status, substantial new investment is needed.

In that respect, these are indeed “exciting times” but the opportunity comes with enormous, perhaps even existential, risk.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:28 am

scouseclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:25 am
Well I would offer up Leicester City and Wolves as two examples, but I’d also have to admit that the list of clubs for whom foreign ownership has ended badly is far longer.

I think it would be foolish not to be at least a little concerned about where the club is heading given how little we know about the people involved. Equally, it’s pretty clear that if the club is to have any chance of progressing, or even maintaining its current status, substantial new investment is needed.

In that respect, these are indeed “exciting times” but the opportunity comes with enormous, perhaps even existential, risk.
I was asked how I felt about it and the two words I used were nervous and excited.

scouseclaret

Post by scouseclaret » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:45 am

Paul Waine wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:16 pm
There are only 20 places in the Premier League and Burnley are one of those 20 clubs. Most of the others (all the others?) have already got "wealthy" owners. Burnley is one of the few opportunities to take a "small" club and make positive changes - changes that our current major shareholders don't have the money to make.

Moves to build Burnley's brand started in the US over 2 years ago - when the US media started taking notice of the club. So far as the US is concerned, Burnley is part of the same "metro city" district as Manchester and Liverpool. Can you imaging buying one of the 5 Premier League clubs in that "Metro-city" district - also known as the Northern Powerhouse.

Buy in early before someone else gets there and the opportunity is gone - or the price moves up so high that it's moved out of your league.

Yes, Exciting times.

UTC
I admire you’re optimism, Paul, And I really hope you’re right, but is the second paragraph of that supported by any evidence at all?

Have there been moves to build the “Burnley brand” in the US and if so by whom? People who only expressed an interest in buying the club a year or so ago?

Is there a “metro-city including Manchester and Liverpool”? Has anyone in the States even heard of the Northern Powerhouse? Even to me it’s always appeared a fairly nebulous concept.

If it is the case that our potential new owners have a view that because Burnley is near Manchester and Liverpool it could be as big as United or Liverpool FC, I really would be worried, because my biggest fear all along has been that we are about to get into bed with a group of businessmen/sports enthusiasts who have no understanding of the culture of English football.

WalkdenClaret
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by WalkdenClaret » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:13 am

Paul Waine wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:36 pm
In contrast to CP, I'm not "uneasy" about a takeover by ALK. At this stage the only person that we know identified with ALK is Alan Pace - and we know that he has been an investment banker, plus his link to Salt Lake City. I agree that we don't yet know where the money will come from. I make no distinction between "private equity" and a "single family office" - for all intents and purposes they can be exactly the same thing, a single family being the only investors in a private equity vehicle. I can agree that, at this stage, we are not seeing anything that suggests this will be a SPAC investment, if only because we have no identity for a Special Purpose Acquisition Corporation that has already been funded and is waiting for the target Premier League club to become available for them to acquire. However, I believe there is evidence that the US equity markets are interested in owning Premier League football clubs and it may well be that a SPAC is somewhere in the future for BFC... and, I see no reason to be concerned if this is the case.

Exciting times.

UTC
Loving the optimism, Paul.

Taking your point about the insignificance of the Private Equity / Single family office. That's a relief. Of the little we know about the takeover, I can see that ALK's website was set up on 290820, ALK Capital LTD on 210920. The website unusually for a PE firm allegedly involved in big money sports investments, is totally devoid of any examples of their work at all. Further, for an investment company, it is incredibly surprising that no partners are listed at all on the website. Therefore, discounting his temporary 6 month stint at Real Salt Lake 15 years ago, as I've moaned about previously, he has something approaching zero experience in football finance (ignoring the AI Scout / Lens thingy as they're both teeny tiny amateur apps). Dave Checkers, who is 'managing' this takeover, is similarly bereft of experience. Both are very small time financiers.

I really hope that they have lined up Bill Gates, George Soros, etc and keep my fingers crossed that a genuine benefactor is interested.

We are all fans on here, looking for the same thing, our club to do well and compete.

I really, really hope I'm wrong, but my magic ball see's the promised January signings being paid for by LOANS to Mr mysterious investor, giving instant debt, resulting in the bigger issue of problematic wage inflation caused by the increased millions wages of the 2 or 3 new signings.

UTC

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:00 am

114 pages in and my views are still the same as on page 1. I'm definitely concerned about us selling out to foreign owners who aren't fans of the club or even know much about British "football" and who ostensibly would want to make money out of the club and I can't see how they would (obviously) do that. What I can see is the huge risks to them and their cash and the bigger likelihood of them losing much of it! BUT, I have also seen the start we have had to the season and the precarious position we are in due to a few injuries to key players and a paper thin squad which wasn't strengthened in the summer and without something changing off the field we have to be teetering on the brink right now. So all in all I'm inclined to accept ALK (or whoever) and run the risk.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:11 am

WalkdenClaret wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:13 am
Loving the optimism, Paul.

Taking your point about the insignificance of the Private Equity / Single family office. That's a relief. Of the little we know about the takeover, I can see that ALK's website was set up on 290820, ALK Capital LTD on 210920. The website unusually for a PE firm allegedly involved in big money sports investments, is totally devoid of any examples of their work at all. Further, for an investment company, it is incredibly surprising that no partners are listed at all on the website. Therefore, discounting his temporary 6 month stint at Real Salt Lake 15 years ago, as I've moaned about previously, he has something approaching zero experience in football finance (ignoring the AI Scout / Lens thingy as they're both teeny tiny amateur apps). Dave Checkers, who is 'managing' this takeover, is similarly bereft of experience. Both are very small time financiers.

I really hope that they have lined up Bill Gates, George Soros, etc and keep my fingers crossed that a genuine benefactor is interested.

UTC
That made me smile, I can more or less certainly confirm that there will be no Soros money invested. I know someone who works with the Soros family.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:13 am

"Dave Checkers, who is 'managing' this takeover, is similarly bereft of experience. "
Are you sure about that ?

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1133 times
Has Liked: 1607 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:13 am

For all those against the takeover we have two options,
1. Carry on as we are and see how long we can continue to 'punch above our weight' before almost certain relegation & loss of key players
Or
2. Trust the current board to get the best deal possible for our club and move it forward.

I know which one I prefer....
These 2 users liked this post: mill hill claret mybloodisclaret

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:27 am

Claret Till I Die wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:13 am
1. Carry on as we are and see how long we can continue to 'punch above our weight' before almost certain relegation & loss of key players
Or
2. Trust the current board to get the best deal possible for our club and move it forward.

We have trusted this board for a long time to make the right decisions.

Not let us down yet

UTC
These 3 users liked this post: onewillieirvine Claret Till I Die mybloodisclaret

Spike
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 1225 times

Post by Spike » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:09 am

Is my memory correct in thinking that it was this time of year when Kirkby took over?
Just like when we brought Steve Davis back to the club I fully expect Kieran Trippier to be our first signing under the new regime

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:14 am

Checkers/Kirkby ??

PremierLeagueClass
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by PremierLeagueClass » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:20 am

dpinsussex wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:27 am

Not let us down yet

UTC
They’ve certainly let Dyche down recently. If he’d walked would you feel the same way?
These 2 users liked this post: Sproggy NewClaret

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:44 am

dpinsussex wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:27 am

Not let us down yet

UTC
They’ve let us down completely in the last 3 transfer windows.
These 4 users liked this post: randomclaret2 NewClaret Sproggy mill hill claret

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:46 am

scouseclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:45 am
I admire you’re optimism, Paul, And I really hope you’re right, but is the second paragraph of that supported by any evidence at all?

Have there been moves to build the “Burnley brand” in the US and if so by whom? People who only expressed an interest in buying the club a year or so ago?

Is there a “metro-city including Manchester and Liverpool”? Has anyone in the States even heard of the Northern Powerhouse? Even to me it’s always appeared a fairly nebulous concept.

If it is the case that our potential new owners have a view that because Burnley is near Manchester and Liverpool it could be as big as United or Liverpool FC, I really would be worried, because my biggest fear all along has been that we are about to get into bed with a group of businessmen/sports enthusiasts who have no understanding of the culture of English football.
Hi scouse, my evidence that efforts had started to build "the Burnley brand" in the US was CBS and NBC sending film crews to Turf Moor to make features on Burnley. (I think I'm right that there were at least 2 separate broadcasters who did this). I think I was visiting the States for work when one of these was first broadcast, The timings coincide with the first reports that Mike Garlick was looking for new investors. I'm sure that there will have been a PR team contracted to build up the brand specifically to aid the marketing of the club to new investors.

When I used the term "metro-city" I think I should have typed metropolitan-city. The US are familiar with large cities and a distinction between "down-town" and "metropolitan area." Houston's metropolitan area - a city I have visited many times - for example, extends to more than 40 miles from downtown Houston. Also in Texas is Dallas-Fort Worth, which is termed a Metroplex. I'm sure the Americans can translate their experience of these cities to see Manchester and Liverpool as a metroplex, part of the Northern Powerhouse of which Burnley is another "city" within this "metroplex" area.

I don't think it's necessary for the new investors to think Burnley FC is as big as ManU and Lpool - they aren't being asked to pay anything like the price of either of those teams. But, it will put them in the game and sometimes there is more upside when you start at a low price than there is if you pay top dollar - and, there's a lot less to lose....

Exciting times.

UTC

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:50 am

Spike wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:09 am
Is my memory correct in thinking that it was this time of year when Kirkby took over?
Just like when we brought Steve Davis back to the club I fully expect Kieran Trippier to be our first signing under the new regime
Can't see Trippier leaving one of the best club sides in Europe to sign for us, but i admire your optimism.

Burnley87
Been Liked: 115 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Burnley87 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:19 am

Moving to the next level for Burnley is not being reliant on Sean Dyche and pulling rabbits out of hats. We need to be in a position where if Sean Leaves the club can maintain its Premier League Status

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:45 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:50 am
Can't see Trippier leaving one of the best club sides in Europe to sign for us, but i admire your optimism.
Agreed. May be in with a chance when his contract ends in 2022, but really we need to be looking for the next young Trippier.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:54 am

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:45 am
Agreed. May be in with a chance when his contract ends in 2022, but really we need to be looking for the next young Trippier.
He's being strongly linked with United now as well.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:22 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:45 am
Matty Cash was the best right back in the championship, guess what , we couldn’t afford him .

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:29 pm

Claret Till I Die wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:13 am
Or

And option 1 is hardly available CTID given the problems between people at the top of the club, particularly the chairman and manager. It needs everyone pulling in the same direction and punching way above weight to keep us where we are. That has sadly gone now as we all know. I remain convinced that the only reason we still have our manager is because there have been no vacancies at all in 2020 in the Premier League until this week when West Brom already had Allardyce lined up.

I understand people being nervous, I am, about this change, but we have to have change, we really do.
These 2 users liked this post: Vegas Claret Cajun

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:31 pm

Spike wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:09 am
I hope Trippier won't be our first signing under the new regime. I don't think we can wait that long because Tripps won't be coming here any time soon.

onewillieirvine
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Post by onewillieirvine » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:47 pm

I wonder what Bob Lord would have made of all this? 🤔

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:57 pm

joey13 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:22 pm
Matty Cash was the best right back in the championship, guess what , we couldn’t afford him .
Cant have everything. At least we got the best left back from the championship in Charlie Taylor.

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2314 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by fatboy47 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:58 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:29 pm
And option 1 is hardly available CTID given the problems between people at the top of the club, particularly the chairman and manager. It needs everyone pulling in the same direction and punching way above weight to keep us where we are. That has sadly gone now as we all know. I remain convinced that the only reason we still have our manager is because there have been no vacancies at all in 2020 in the Premier League until this week when West Brom already had Allardyce lined up.

I understand people being nervous, I am, about this change, but we have to have change, we really do.

Agree in many ways, but I think realists will see that whilst current ownership has kept us punching (albeit due only to the retention of Dyche).....a very major factor in the recent stagnation has been a result of Garlick et al keeping the club fatter for market in preference to investing on the playing side.
Whatever the current owners are, they're not the philanthropists portrayed by the naive on here.. They're no Barry Kilbys... Nowhere near. As with most successful buisness men, the contents of pockets come before what happens on the pitch.
They obviously gambled that even an unhappy Dyche could keep us in this division long enough to take their wedge and split the scene.
Its what I expected, but it took a couple of year longer than I thought.

Stockbrokerbelt
Been Liked: 221 times
Has Liked: 137 times

Post by Stockbrokerbelt » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:04 pm

I live in Spain & Athletico are talking to Trippier to extend his contract till 2023, Trippier has also voiced how much he likes Athletico manager & feels very settled.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:13 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:58 pm
Agree in many ways, but I think realists will see that whilst current ownership has kept us punching (albeit due only to the retention of Dyche).....a very major factor in the recent stagnation has been a result of Garlick et al keeping the club fatter for market in preference to investing on the playing side.
Whatever the current owners are, they're not the philanthropists portrayed by the naive on here.. They're no Barry Kilbys... Nowhere near. As with most successful buisness men, the contents of pockets come before what happens on the pitch.
They obviously gambled that even an unhappy Dyche could keep us in this division long enough to take their wedge and split the scene.
I believe the recent stagnation is a result of the fall out between individuals at the club, and I don't believe the manager and chairman were the only two involved. Those two are beyond the loggerheads stage and it has been going on for a long time now. It's nothing to do with keeping the club fatter for the market, in those terms we had the two of them trying to bring in different players.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:14 pm

Stockbrokerbelt wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:04 pm
I live in Spain & Athletico are talking to Trippier to extend his contract till 2023, Trippier has also voiced how much he likes Athletico manager & feels very settled.
Manchester United were linked recently. All this daft stuff comes from Tripps saying recently that he'd like to come back to Burnley one day. Even with my most claret and blue coloured eyes, why would a player swap Athletico Madrid for Burnley?

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:15 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
As good as Barry Kilby has been for Burnley FC he’s far from a philanthropist and when the dust settles on all of this he will be better off than the day he walked through the door.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that by the way, fair play to him.
This user liked this post: scouseclaret

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:19 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:29 pm

I still have issues with Dyche over the relationship breakdown - it is pretty obvious when you look at the finances the chairman has given everything he could and possibly more (just look at the operational cashflows), which is why Dyche has never been given a player budget - he would just blow it. my evidence for this postulation is that Dyche has been overstating our financial position for at least 18 months and probably much longer, he has won a lot of fans over but his message has been quite unreasonable on this front.

I would go so far as to say that if anyone has not been flexible it is Dyche, there was money on the table for Tarks and possibly Dwight in the summer (with the club knowing Tarks wanted out) Dyche blocked that on his intransient position re a replacement,

I rate the work he does with players very highly, but like everyone of us he can be an arse at times on certain issues.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:33 pm

joey13 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:22 pm
Couldn’t afford or the existing Chairman wouldn’t pay? In his case though, I’d imagine he preferred to stay in the Midlands and nobody’s going to come to us if Villa are also offering.

onewillieirvine

Post by onewillieirvine » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:41 pm

I would imagine the club didn't have the finances to compete with Villa and their billionaire.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:09 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:19 pm
I still have issues with Dyche over the relationship breakdown - it is pretty obvious when you look at the finances the chairman has given everything he could and possibly more (just look at the operational cashflows), which is why Dyche has never been given a player budget - he would just blow it. my evidence for this postulation is that Dyche has been overstating our financial position for at least 18 months and probably much longer, he has won a lot of fans over but his message has been quite unreasonable on this front.

I would go so far as to say that if anyone has not been flexible it is Dyche, there was money on the table for Tarks and possibly Dwight in the summer (with the club knowing Tarks wanted out) Dyche blocked that on his intransient position re a replacement,

I rate the work he does with players very highly, but like everyone of us he can be an arse at times on certain issues.
I know he’s gone on about stretching things and I wouldn’t like to get on the wrong side of him. But it’s clear we’ve been trying to spend money on players the manager didn’t want. That for me is not the way our club should do things.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:18 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:00 am
I'm definitely concerned about us selling out to foreign owners who aren't fans of the club or even know much about British "football"
Just because they’re American it doesn’t mean they don’t know much about British football. Ignorant mindset imo

scouseclaret

Post by scouseclaret » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:41 pm

Chester Perry wrote:

So you’re blaming Dyche for keeping hold of the Crown Jewels?

If you look at it from Dyche’s point of view, he’s generated hundreds of millions in revenue over his 8 years, we generate a profit most years and have £40m in the bank. He feels he has earned the right for the board to “stretch it a bit.”
This user liked this post: JohnDearyMe

summitclaret
Been Liked: 826 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:45 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
I agree and it lead to the ridiculous need to play Long and Dunne at cb and a left back at right midfield in August. We can survive that now, but what a state of affairs.

Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:55 pm

scouseclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:45 am

Someone mentions Northern Powerhouse and isn’t instantly derided...
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Longtimeclaret
Been Liked: 48 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by Longtimeclaret » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:56 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:09 pm
I know he’s gone on about stretching things and I wouldn’t like to get on the wrong side of him. But it’s clear we’ve been trying to spend money on players the manager didn’t want. That for me is not the way our club should do things.

Couldn’t agree more, and there is obviously tension between Rigg and Dyche. I would hope the new regime sort that as a priority, which for me means we need to be looking at a replacement for Rigg now

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:58 pm

Do you think Dyche might come under some pressure to play some more expansive football to appease the new owners and their (assumed) aim of increasing our global brand ?
I think Dyche is more than capable of doing it but it would need time.

robclaret
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by robclaret » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:59 pm

Are we their yet ?

onewillieirvine

Post by onewillieirvine » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:59 pm

A question - Would Sean Dyche have been consulted before the appointment of Mike Rigg.?

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:00 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:13 pm
I believe the recent stagnation is a result of the fall out between individuals at the club, and I don't believe the manager and chairman were the only two involved. Those two are beyond the loggerheads stage and it has been going on for a long time now. It's nothing to do with keeping the club fatter for the market, in those terms we had the two of them trying to bring in different players.
He's still trying to back his horse. He’s been at it from
the start. Leaks, discord, ‘acting’ as a go between chairman/manager...

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:00 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:13 pm
It's nothing to do with keeping the club fatter for the market, in those terms we had the two of them trying to bring in different players.
it still astounds me every time I read that, such a shame it really is that some of the unity has gone :(

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:01 pm

Chester Perry wrote:

I got laughed at for suggesting this...

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:05 pm

Longtimeclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:56 pm
Couldn’t agree more, and there is obviously tension between Rigg and Dyche. I would hope the new regime sort that as a priority, which for me means we need to be looking at a replacement for Rigg now
I don't know where Rigg fits into the grand scheme of things regarding the arguments to be honest. I've defended him over the transfer windows because I think Garlick is the one who has taken control there so not really sure what Rigg's part is.

Will be interesting to see how things develop going forward but my belief is the reported support of Dyche from ALK is genuine.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:07 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:00 pm
He's still trying to back his horse. He’s been at it from
the start. Leaks, discord, ‘acting’ as a go between chairman/manager...
Flood?

BigChaCha
Been Liked: 253 times

Post by BigChaCha » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:19 pm

Dyche has never been given a player budget - he would just blow it
Show me another current Premier Leauge manager who has made as much profit or player value increase on a percentage basis on their overall purchases?

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times

Post by Bfc » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:20 pm

Paul Waine, thank you for your input yesterday, in reply to my question about shares.
I like a lot of your constructive opinions on all the subjects you write about. Though I didn't suggest that Garlicks shares alone were worth the full £200m sale value. Your possible value of each share surprised me. At my age, it could be the right time for selling my shares. (If a takeover is completed).