ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Re: ALK Capital...

Post by Steddyman » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:09 pm

bfcmik wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:36 pm
This this was more about insurance companies, call centres and industry - all of which have a history of chronic staff productivity and, in many cases, high staff turnover.
I worked in a Call Center many years ago, and have been involved in the setup of the IT systems for them. They are the modern equivalent of Slave Labour camps with every little break from the phone monitored and charged for. They are incredibly stressful roles, and I can't imagine the people that work for those companies are particularly loyal to them. It is no surprise to me that without those big brother controls, people would feel less inclinded to work the same at home.

redcloud203
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by redcloud203 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:12 pm

it is not in the current boards personal financial interest for the club to be in relegated / being in increased risk of relegation which is why the lack of investment in the team must be down to lack of funds . if I was ALK i would be reducing the offer price by every bad result . we desperately need that first win on the board which will be a great boost to everyone's morale a - hopefully sooner than later .
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6156 times

Post by KateR » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:13 pm

bfcmik wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:36 pm
This this was more about insurance companies, call centres and industry - all of which have a history of chronic staff productivity and, in many cases, high staff turnover.
Like all thing,s it is different in different areas/industries, however I think the one constant people agree on that I interact with, is on the belief that most countries, such as within Europe and USA, will not go back to business as normal. I expect to see a trend to modifying offices into affordable housing or inner city flats. Our eldest works in Manchester but lives outside, he has just, at the beginning of the month taken a new role within the same company, completely based at home, however he can go in the office should he wish but will not have a dedicated office or work space. He also stated there is a drive to do this wherever possible and also include a flexible office/home work schedule, of course company size and where the offices are located will dictate this outcome.

I am talking with a Dutch and a US company regarding recovery and part of the discussions are divestiture off large offices and moving to small premises with a substantial sized workforce working completely from home but flexibility to attend certain types of meetings where F2F is seen to be beneficial. Also within these companies is a vast reduction in travel and associated costs, where strict protocols are being put in place to justify travel and have senior level approvals. This travel policy is already in place due to C-19 and work is ongoing to make it the norm for the foreseeable future.

snapcrackleandpop
Been Liked: 122 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by snapcrackleandpop » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:21 pm

Shock horror another thread gone off topic.
Last edited by snapcrackleandpop on Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
These 3 users liked this post: mybloodisclaret mill hill claret Turfytop

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:59 pm

snapcrackleandpop wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:21 pm
Shock horror another thread gone of topic.
It's kinda on topic. Since the investment is based on the Northern Powerhouse of big business moving to Manchester and Leeds, which is not likely to be anywhere near as prevalent as before Covid.
This user liked this post: KateR

snapcrackleandpop
Been Liked: 122 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by snapcrackleandpop » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:42 am

Steddyman wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:59 pm
It's kinda on topic. Since the investment is based on the Northern Powerhouse of big business moving to Manchester and Leeds, which is not likely to be anywhere near as prevalent as before Covid.
Please accept my apologies, for some reason I thought this had turned into a thread on the advantages & disadvantages of working from home - silly me.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:42 am

snapcrackleandpop wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:42 am
Please accept my apologies, for some reason I thought this had turned into a thread on the advantages & disadvantages of working from home - silly me.
Yes, and it obviously didn’t have any bearing on our transfer window, the two Mikes working from home :)

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:06 pm

Heard that Garlick has been holding this takeover up. BIg trouble between him and Sean Dyche if what I heard us correct. We knew there was trouble in the camp but not how deep it ran.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:14 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:06 pm
Heard that Garlick has been holding this takeover up. BIg trouble between him and Sean Dyche if what I heard us correct. We knew there was trouble in the camp but not how deep it ran.
Not sure how any falling out between manager and chairman would hold up any possible takeover

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Maybe because he is intending to still be involved after the takeover...?

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:06 pm
Why what have you "heard", I'm genuinely interested.

Maybe change the name of those involved to avoid any potential come back...

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:15 pm

MACCA wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:05 pm
Can you not just switch accounts whilst your on to do it?
Ha, I'd forgot about that.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:26 pm

Why do people feel the need to make stuff up all the time.

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1299 times
Has Liked: 1391 times

Post by Aclaret » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:31 pm

I have a mate who has a season ticket at Northampton Town and he says everything is Cobblers.
These 2 users liked this post: Elizabeth Dark Cloud

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 694 times
Has Liked: 600 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:01 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:26 pm
Why do people feel the need to make stuff up all the time.
Dunno
This user liked this post: Swizzlestick

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:37 pm

Jason Manford in one of his standup sets does a sketch about CSI Blackburn.

That nonsense above is like Qanon Burnley.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:47 am

They’ve changed their name on Companies House to ALK No Capital.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank gawthorpe_view

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:03 am

BurnleyFC wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:47 am
They’ve changed their name on Companies House to ALK No Capital.
Have they? I can see ALK CAPITAL LIMITED on there under the same registered address and the same people registered.....

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1356 times
Has Liked: 2917 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:00 am

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:03 am
Have they? I can see ALK CAPITAL LIMITED on there under the same registered address and the same people registered.....
:D
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank KateR

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:45 pm

I decide to have a few days off and return to find some horrendous posts on this board.

Just a reminder, if you choose to post something you've seen somewhere else (usually social media), it doesn't absolve you in terms of libel. So be careful because you repeat any of the garbage such as that I've just removed from this thread. I can assure you it will result in your details being passed on to those you have libeled, to any necessary third parties, and a long term ban from posting.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:15 pm

gawthorpe_view wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:00 am
:D
HAHA! Only just realised this was a terrible joke.....serves me right for having a 30 second skim over the site first thing on a Monday morning. Ooops.
These 2 users liked this post: KateR gawthorpe_view

Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:28 pm

With today’s leaked plans from the ‘top nine’ premiere league clubs you can see now more than ever why we should be clinging to our premier league status.

We need swift investment to ensure we have a place at the top table, and beyond if or as I believe when we move to a franchise model. Those who naysay the investment need to understand that however painful, this is the only medicine left to us.

These conversations have been going on for years, and have slowly been dropped into the narrative by the ‘powers’ above.

A European super league is coming, a franchised national league
is coming, and the advent of B teams in the lower leagues is inevitable.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:39 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:28 pm
With today’s leaked plans from the ‘top nine’ premiere league clubs you can see now more than ever why we should be clinging to our premier league status.

We need swift investment to ensure we have a place at the top table, and beyond if or as I believe when we move to a franchise model. Those who naysay the investment need to understand that however painful, this is the only medicine left to us.

These conversations have been going on for years, and have slowly been dropped into the narrative by the ‘powers’ above.

A European super league is coming, a franchised national league
is coming, and the advent of B teams in the lower leagues is inevitable.
No offence but you're out of your tree. "Americans are ruining football...so we need American owners". I've been pleased at the level of opposition to the project big picture and it makes me think there's enough opposition to actually form a coherent resistance to the corporate/franchise model of football the big clubs are desperate for. You've basically took your own desires (for more money, signings, hope for a better team) and dressed them up as analysis. All the patently uncompetitive elements of project big picture are "inevitable" only if people let it happen. I'd sooner clubs go bankrupt and rise through the leagues as phoenix clubs than surrender the integrity of the league to profiteers. I'm quite aware that as a Burnley fan, with our club being sustainable, it's an easy thing for me to say, but I promise you I'd be singing the same tune were we facing liquidation.

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:00 pm

Spiral wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:39 pm
No offence but you're out of your tree. "Americans are ruining football...so we need American owners". I've been pleased at the level of opposition to the project big picture and it makes me think there's enough opposition to actually form a coherent resistance to the corporate/franchise model of football the big clubs are desperate for. You've basically took your own desires (for more money, signings, hope for a better team) and dressed them up as analysis. All the patently uncompetitive elements of project big picture are "inevitable" only if people let it happen. I'd sooner clubs go bankrupt and rise through the leagues as phoenix clubs than surrender the integrity of the league to profiteers. I'm quite aware that as a Burnley fan - with our club being sustainable - it's an easy thing for me to say, but I promise you I'd be singing the same tune were we facing liquidation.
Anyone who starts a debate with; no offence, has lost the integrity of their argument.

The resistance is the opening negotiation from the football league. It’s leaked into the media which has forced it into the light. The monetary evolution of football and the clubs in the northern hemisphere is inevitable. The domestic game has been milked, a new financial model is needed.

If you were against the profiteering of football, you should’ve started your campaign in 1990 when the merry go round was sped up, in fact you should’ve started in the 70’s.

Our club is not sustainable, we are moving backwards, we are losing market position, we are being badly led and egos in the boardroom are killing this club.

As I have said before, I cannot comprehend how a fan of our club can advocate its demise.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:08 pm

So much of that is completely unsubstantiated. For a start we are one of the very few genuinely sustainable clubs in the country. What does losing market position even mean? League position? Transfer market activity? We've gained market position since promotion...well I think we have, but I'm not quite sure what market position means. We're more 'competitive' than the championship clubs below us. Are we talking spending relative to other PL clubs? When have we not been the lowest 3/4/5 spenders in this league? It's all unsubstantiated rhetoric capped off with a ridiculous strawman argument, because nobody is advocating demise.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:16 pm

No offence....but we have been told about this European super league just being round the corner for the last 15 years. That’s a long fecking corner.

But if it comes personally I would not care a jot if we never play the top 6 clubs ever again.
Let them go....they would go even though the vast majority of their own fans would hate their own club for it.

As for our club not being sustainable. Well if that was the case (and very clearly it’s not) then there are about 80 football clubs in a hell of a lot more trouble than us.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:29 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:16 pm
No offence....but we have been told about this European super league just being round the corner for the last 15 years. That’s a long fecking corner.

But if it comes personally I would not care a jot if we never play the top 6 clubs ever again.
Let them go....they would go even though the vast majority of their own fans would hate their own club for it.

As for our club not being sustainable. Well if that was the case (and very clearly it’s not) then there are about 80 football clubs in a hell of a lot more trouble than us.
They don't want to go - who in their right mind would give up all that income when they can have both - even the big clubs in Europe have finally recognised that one
These 2 users liked this post: KateR Duffer_

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:05 pm

Spiral wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:08 pm
So much of that is completely unsubstantiated. For a start we are one of the very few genuinely sustainable clubs in the country. What does losing market position even mean? League position? Transfer market activity? We've gained market position since promotion...well I think we have, but I'm not quite sure what market position means. We're more 'competitive' than the championship clubs below us. Are we talking spending relative to other PL clubs? When have we not been the lowest 3/4/5 spenders in this league? It's all unsubstantiated rhetoric capped off with a ridiculous strawman argument, because nobody is advocating demise.
You were advocating the demise of a football club than to sell out.

Market position: being a premier league club when the Merry go round stops

mill hill claret
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by mill hill claret » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:20 pm

Do we think this takeover is still going to happen ...suppose its anyone's guess ..but it seems to be dragging on

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:20 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:05 pm

Don’t feed the trolls Daniel.
This user liked this post: Danieljwaterhouse

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:29 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:

Saying death and reconstitution is preferable to the collapse of the football pyramid is not the same as advocating demise. Stating a preference between two hypothetical extremes is not advocacy.

The merry go round stops when people like you let it, the moment you see the glittering of silver and chase it like a magpie.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3162 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:33 am

https://www.wsj.com/articles/billy-bean ... 1602538672
Here's an article from the Wall street journal. Some may find it interesting.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:40 am

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:33 am
https://www.wsj.com/articles/billy-bean ... 1602538672
Here's an article from the Wall street journal. Some may find it interesting.
Posted about the proposed Redball FSG tie-up on the MMT thread on Saturday - seems FSG have plans for a Multi-Club operation but unlike CFG it doesn't seem to tie in with other Entertainment based ventures (that is referred to as the Disneyfication of Football. I had found it telling that Project Big Picture came out just a couple of days after this tie-up news broke

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3162 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:51 am

It was in todays WSJ.......it was more the Billy Beane thing i was interested in.
He's the inventor of "Moneyball"
All this talk of sports Conglomerates makes me fear for the future.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:00 am

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:51 am
It was in todays WSJ.......it was more the Billy Beane thing i was interested in.
He's the inventor of "Moneyball"
All this talk of sports Conglomerates makes me fear for the future.
The Redball FSG tie up will mean that Liverpool are effectively on the Stock Market, like a part of Man Utd - a different set of rules/morals/outlooks apply from that point forward - Of course both are majority owned by multisport organisations and that takes away the romance of pure football club ownership.

FSG have a longstanding relationship/fascination with Beane and moneyball and Liverpool are probably the most successful exponents of the theory in football over the last 5 years, though many would say Burnley have been very good at it too, which goes some way to explaining American interest in us.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:04 am

I'm not sure if Henry fetishises Beane's approach a bit, to be honest. Beane (who hasn't won a title as far as I'm aware) got famous for adopting a statistical approach to scouting at a time when other scouts in baseball were a bit sniffy about analytics and perhaps that's the extent of his genius, but since then that approach has been adopted on a much wider scale in baseball and in other sport. His reputation is built on being an innovator (or more precisely, advancing other scouts' innovations) in the 1990's but I'm not sure how his 'talent' could give football clubs any sort of competitive advantage now, today, without him being able to completely re-invent his own philosophy in order to push beyond the limits of modern day statistical analysis; so much data is already poured into scouting in football these days. Perhaps these ALK chancers are hoping their little app (and yes, I know I now sound like one of those sniffy luddites Beane was in competition with in the 90's) does for them what sabermetrics did for Beane but let's be honest, as far as I can tell anyone can already use that app so the more likely scenario is they're looking to use Burnley as a vehicle for much bigger commercial aspirations. A convenient little stepping stone. And as for Henry and FSG, while you don't dismiss lightly the success Liverpool has had the last few years, hiring an amazing manager (and a proven one at that) and giving him some of the best footballers in the world to play with isn't rocket science, let's be real. They don't seem to waste too much money on flops these days, to their credit, (though paying a British record £35m for Andy Carroll is, was, and always will be, absolutely hilarious) but I'm not sure breaking all your transfer records on the way to mopping up the premier rising talent of European football should count as moneyballing.

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 164 times

Post by Sutton-Claret » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:19 am

I watched the film 'Moneyball' at the weekend, I could see similarities between the Oakland baseball team and BFC from a financial aspect and trying to compete with the big boys........ the manager played by Brad Pitt, however, was no Sean Dyche....

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 164 times

Post by Sutton-Claret » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:26 am

Another article here on the subject from the NY Post

https://nypost.com/2020/10/12/billy-bea ... -baseball/

Says in the article that Billy Beane has a minority stake in Barnsley..... maybe the media have us mixed up again??

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:18 am

Sutton-Claret wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:26 am
Another article here on the subject from the NY Post

https://nypost.com/2020/10/12/billy-bea ... -baseball/

Says in the article that Billy Beane has a minority stake in Barnsley..... maybe the media have us mixed up again??
No they are quite right on that one

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:11 pm

mill hill claret wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:20 pm
Do we think this takeover is still going to happen ...suppose its anyone's guess ..but it seems to be dragging on
Whatever is happening or not happening at this time, I wouldn’t say anything is dragging on. It’s just that once it’s in the public domain then people tend to expect immediate news. I’ve never been directly involved in a business takeover, nor am I likely to, but I would think there is a potential for it to take some considerable time.

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:33 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:11 pm
Whatever is happening or not happening at this time, I wouldn’t say anything is dragging on. It’s just that once it’s in the public domain then people tend to expect immediate news. I’ve never been directly involved in a business takeover, nor am I likely to, but I would think there is a potential for it to take some considerable time.
It is a complex process, but I think with a majority stakeholder and an amenable board things could be rolled up pretty quickly. I understood the deal to be tabled and close to signed.

I think that the public domain leak was no accident and was likely used as a negotiated tactic to ‘reset’ the deal by individuals within the board.

It’s certainly put the club into the market and I think that there’s more than one competing party at the moment.

The media picking up on the ‘plans’ for the league can only further highlight the need to be at the top table at the moment. We’ve a premier league club, with a premier league vote, that’s for sale when the demand and desire has skyrocketed.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 292 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:38 pm

"The media picking up on the ‘plans’ for the league can only further highlight the need to be at the top table at the moment. We’ve a premier league club, with a premier league vote, that’s for sale when the demand and desire has skyrocketed."

Don't wait too long

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:42 pm

Wokingclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:38 pm
"The media picking up on the ‘plans’ for the league can only further highlight the need to be at the top table at the moment. We’ve a premier league club, with a premier league vote, that’s for sale when the demand and desire has skyrocketed."

Don't wait too long
I don’t follow...

Wokingclaret

Post by Wokingclaret » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:43 pm

We may not have a vote....

Goobs
Been Liked: 1459 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Goobs » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:45 pm

Too slow 😁
Last edited by Goobs on Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wokingclaret

Post by Wokingclaret » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:45 pm

BTW thanks, i enjoy your updates Danieljwaterhouse
This user liked this post: Stayingup

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 857 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by scouseclaret » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:

If you think that it makes a blind bit of difference what division we are in when, as you believe, we move to a franchise model, you're kidding yourself.

I always thought when Phil Gartside was pushing for the drawbridge to be pulled up a decade or more ago that it was very bold of him to assume that Bolton would amongst the chosen few. There is absolutely no chance that a club the size of ours will be included in the elite ahead of clubs like Sheffield Wednesday, Derby and Forest. Even Sunderland or Portsmouth from League One could probably put together a better business case - for that is what it will depend on, not what division you happen to be in when the music stops.

I personally don't believe we will move to a franchise model any time soon - it is totally alien to British (and even European) sporting culture. I've no doubt that "Project Big Picture" would greatly improve the chances of it happening though, which is why it needs to be opposed.

CaptainKirk
Been Liked: 385 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by CaptainKirk » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Just a thought but, this thread is a bit like the "imminent" transfers thread.
One or two people who claim to be "in the know" making various statements which never pan out of course. Fast forward a week and they are back making new statements and some people on here take it as gospel - again.
I really find it hard to believe that anyone who was actually in the know would bother putting it on here, whether it be takeover related or transfer related.
All good fun I suppose though.

PS I know for a FACT that the takeover will be completed by Christmas and we will get 4 top signings in the next window and 6 in the one after that.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:31 pm

scouseclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:57 pm
If you think that it makes a blind bit of difference what division we are in when, as you believe, we move to a franchise model, you're kidding yourself.

I always thought when Phil Gartside was pushing for the drawbridge to be pulled up a decade or more ago that it was very bold of him to assume that Bolton would amongst the chosen few. There is absolutely no chance that a club the size of ours will be included in the elite ahead of clubs like Sheffield Wednesday, Derby and Forest. Even Sunderland or Portsmouth from League One could probably put together a better business case - for that is what it will depend on, not what division you happen to be in when the music stops.

I personally don't believe we will move to a franchise model any time soon - it is totally alien to British (and even European) sporting culture. I've no doubt that "Project Big Picture" would greatly improve the chances of it happening though, which is why it needs to be opposed.
Very true and hopefully it will be opposed and sunk.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:33 pm

I think that the public domain leak was no accident and was likely used as a negotiated tactic to ‘reset’ the deal by individuals within the board.
I believe you are totally wrong in that assumption