Is Dyche overstepping the mark now?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1354 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Re: Is Dyche overstepping the mark now?

Post by JohnMcGreal » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:18 am

Paul Waine wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:41 am
What's Christmas, John? No parties this year. :(

Only way Sean Dyche is not managing Burnley this season is if a bigger Premier League club is potted their manager and has got money to buy out Sean Dyche's contract with Burnley.

Or, Burnley has new owners and very different plans for the club.

UTC
I no longer believe it needs to be a bigger or better PL club to tempt Dyche away from Burnley. With the noises he's been making lately, I think he'd leave even if it's perceived to be a sideways move or even a slight step down. He sounds fed up.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1621 times
Has Liked: 890 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:59 am

JohnMcGreal wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:18 am
I no longer believe it needs to be a bigger or better PL club to tempt Dyche away from Burnley. With the noises he's been making lately, I think he'd leave even if it's perceived to be a sideways move or even a slight step down. He sounds fed up.
I’m not so sure he would. Money talks at the end of the day and a step downwards isn’t going to pay him £3.5m a year.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3154 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:01 pm

BurnleyFC wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:59 am
I’m not so sure he would. Money talks at the end of the day and a step downwards isn’t going to pay him £3.5m a year.
you would be surprised what some clubs are paying their managers these days

https://twitter.com/Lu_Class_/status/13 ... 0557532166

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:12 pm

JohnMcGreal wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:18 am
Chester Perry wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:17 pm
As always with these things you have to watch the whole press conference not a clip that is severely edited - so make your mind up when you see the whole episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU2ebAjaUwc
Hi John, I've now watched the full presser. Sean Dyche said absolutely nothing wrong in the presser. There's nothing at all that shows his mood is in any way showing a gap between him and Burnley FC or Mike Garlick.

I've linked CP's post. As is often the case, CP has got things right.

Notice how he explains to one of the journos that he was joking when he referred to the "magic cheque book."

Notice how Sean Dyche also explained that he does not like speaking about other club's players, so didn't mention signing Dale Stephens until he'd been told that everything was done - the deal being completed while we were playing Millwall.

Similarly, notice how he avoids being drawn into answering questions about (1) other possible signings - except to say there may be more (no names, of course) and (2) new investors - "it's not his area."

Notice, also how he addressed his plans for Tarky through the coming season - still very much a Burnley player.

There's no reason at all why Sean Dyche would be looking to move away from Burnley.

UTC