Next manager

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Re: Next manager

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:50 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:44 pm
OK-thanks Tony. I have totally misjudged him then, and I prefer that he isn't and speaks his mind. When Sean turns round to him in games he generally just seems to nod in agreement which is what I based it on, plus I have yet to seem him do an interview, or stand in for Sean
He doesn't ever need to do interviews because Sean Dyche does them all. Tindall was the only number two I ever saw do interviews on a regular basis but we know now that it was because Howe was hardly ever here.

The three of them are so different. Dyche struts around like the Sergeant Major but hardly a shouter, Woany is probably the shouter and he's also a typical Scouser although he'll deny being one (he's from the other side of the tunnel). Loughlan is a smashing bloke but probably the quiet one of the three. All three good blokes though.

Dyche once said it works because they are all so different characters.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1354 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:52 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
I simply have no idea to be honest. I do fear Hughes given his links with Rigg but I don't know who I'd want.
Who's Rigg?

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:53 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:49 pm
I think along similar lines.

But I do also think Big Sam is a stay up strategy and not try and improve on what we've done with finishing 7th and 10th over the last 3 seasons. It would be a case of finish 17th and that'll do.
He's well known as a firefighter BFS, after leaving Everton he turned down the Newcastle job you never say never but I think he'll stay retired & still do the odd pundit job casually.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:54 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:42 pm
We didn't recruit Dyche for the Premier League and he'd managed at the level we were at. As Rileybobs has said, nothing to suggest Cook or Duff would be good candidates but there always seems to be a clamour for an ex-player.
Fair comment. I personally don’t understand the clamour for washed up has beens just because they have experience in the top flight, all that shows is they know how to fail.

Surely we should go for the person who fits across many parameters, I included Duff because he is managing a team well at the moment, and also had managed a team with us whilst we were top flight - and I did caveat that with albeit U18 team.

Wembley09
Been Liked: 75 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by Wembley09 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:55 pm

Be surprised if anybody decent would want the job, after watching Sean Dyche overachieve for so long but still not being backed... paper thin squad, looks like we have no budget for a new manager to work with either.

Please not another Brian Laws.

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:57 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:56 pm
Allardyce- no thanks he'd leave the club a wreck.
Just out of curiosity, how many clubs can you name that Sam has left a wreck?
Last edited by huw.Y.WattfromWare on Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:57 pm

Wembley09 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:55 pm

Please not another Brian Laws.
Eddie Howe is currently out of work! ;)
This user liked this post: Wembley09

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:57 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:53 pm
He's well known as a firefighter BFS, after leaving Everton he turned down the Newcastle job you never say never but I think he'll stay retired & still do the odd pundit job casually.
We shouldn't even be talking about staying up though to be honest. Get JBG starting and that improves us 50%.

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4068 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:04 pm

Spijed wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:57 pm
Eddie Howe is currently out of work! ;)
Glad there was a wink there. 8-)
Because if what we heard at the time was true, the only way his wife would ever come back up here was if she was chloroformed and stuffed in the boot of a car.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:08 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:33 pm
How much Premier League experience did Dyche have? In fact how many games had he managed prior to coming here (49 wasn’t it...?)

In fact, can I ask how many times does a manager manage a team in the Premier League before they manage their first team in the Premier League?

Don’t forget that Duff was an actual team manager with us whilst in the Premier League (albeit u18) and he has managed a small town club since, that counts for something even before you consider he was a massively successful player for us as well as someone who is held in high regard.

F#ck it, you’re probably right - let’s get fat Sam or Pardew and let them p!ss money we don’t have away on show pony mercenaries, that’ll work.
Dyche took us into the Premier League, he didn't have any experience at that level and we promptly got relegated.

I haven't suggested getting Fat Sam or Pardew, so please don't put words in my mouth. I have just asked the people who have suggested Duff or Cook would be their preferred candidates why they feel that they would be up to the task? They might well be, who knows. But last time we appointed an ex-player without managerial experience at our level it was considered an unequivocal disaster.

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:09 pm

I wouldn’t be against BFS at all, a much better version of Dyche and is far less rigid. He can actually sign players out with the championship and use subs aswell.

Realistically we will go for someone out of work and is cheap.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:10 pm

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Everton didn't do too bad, but they underperformed considering their resources at his disposal
Palace were in a mess when he left, Hodgson has stabilised them
England - that went well
Sunderland never recovered, doing fine in League 1
West Ham, treading water, but no thanks to him
Rovers... ahahahaha - shame they have a good manager now (in fact Mobray could be on our shortlist...)
Geordies have finally managed to get things together despite their current owner (who doesn't get the credit he deserves from their fans)
Bolton - basket case
Notts County - I honestly dont remember his management there, but I think he did OK
same with Blackpool...

yup, he's left a fair few team as disaster zones - file alongside Harry Redknapp for me
FatSam.JPG
FatSam.JPG (26.64 KiB) Viewed 2200 times

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:13 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:08 pm
Dyche took us into the Premier League, he didn't have any experience at that level and we promptly got relegated.

I haven't suggested getting Fat Sam or Pardew, so please don't put words in my mouth. I have just asked the people who have suggested Duff or Cook would be their preferred candidates why they feel that they would be up to the task? They might well be, who knows. But last time we appointed an ex-player without managerial experience at our level it was considered an unequivocal disaster.
I didn't say you suggested Fat Sam or Pardew, they were mentioned on the thread. In fact you didn't actually make any suggestions at all, feel free to so we can discuss your ideas.
This user liked this post: Jakubclaret

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:19 pm

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Well he started the lavish spending at Bolton, and when Phil Gartside refused to sanction more spending, BFS opted to leave rather than work with his existing squad.

He generally spends his way out of trouble when appointed, and he certainly wouldn't be able to do that at Burnley, so I couldn't see him getting any more out of our current squad then Sean has.

And he's also 65 hardly one for the future is he, and my biggest fear is he brings in a lot of highly paid players, and we still go down to the Championship, do you really see him sticking around for the long haul and bringing us back up, because I don't.

If it was a short term contract with strict financial restrictions imposed, then maybe he could be the answer, but I'd rather we thought longer term.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1486 times
Has Liked: 1847 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:21 pm

Chris Hughton with Grezza as his No2 or Alex Neill also with Grezza

williamjblazkowicz
Been Liked: 176 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by williamjblazkowicz » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:29 pm

Off the top of my head, my choice would be Duff. Of course, it's normal that people think of former players -- most of us perhaps don't have extensive knowledge of managers in lower leagues who aren't ex Clarets. I know I don't! However, there are a few reasons why I have, for a good while, felt Duff would be the right choice. For starters, he knows the club inside-out. He was with us for a long time and knows where we've come from. I think that's important.

He obviously has coaching experience with us and will have learned a lot about Dyche. With most managers, you're looking at quite a bit of disruption, be it in the types of players we target, our philosophy, or play style. Duff could come in and work with the players we have, understand the system they're used to and gradually impose his own ideas and style over time. It could be more of a gradual transition to what he wants which would perhaps be better for us rather than blowing the whole thing up, clearing house and starting from scratch. It would be continuity, succession.

Duff is, I believe, a good character. He's someone who could come in and command the respect of players much like Dyche does through leading by example. He's done an excellent job at Cheltenham and I strongly believe he'll go on to bigger and better things. I don't buy into him needing to have managed at a particular level before us. The Laws comparison is lazy and predictable in that respect. Laws was not a young manager still learning his trade and had a certain way of going about things. Duff would, I think, be more flexible.

I have absolutely no idea if any of what I've said has made any sense. However, I've tried to express it as best I can!

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:30 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:49 pm
I think along similar lines.

But I do also think Big Sam is a stay up strategy and not try and improve on what we've done with finishing 7th and 10th over the last 3 seasons. It would be a case of finish 17th and that'll do.
It probably would.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:33 pm

williamjblazkowicz wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:29 pm

I have absolutely no idea if any of what I've said has made any sense. However, I've tried to express it as best I can!
Echoes my thoughts too, I get it.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:36 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:10 pm
Everton didn't do too bad, but they underperformed considering their resources at his disposal
Palace were in a mess when he left, Hodgson has stabilised them
England - that went well
Sunderland never recovered, doing fine in League 1
West Ham, treading water, but no thanks to him
Rovers... ahahahaha - shame they have a good manager now (in fact Mobray could be on our shortlist...)
Geordies have finally managed to get things together despite their current owner (who doesn't get the credit he deserves from their fans)
Bolton - basket case
Notts County - I honestly dont remember his management there, but I think he did OK
same with Blackpool...

yup, he's left a fair few team as disaster zones - file alongside Harry Redknapp for me

So then let's look at things fairly. He rescued Sunderland and Palace (where Frank de Boer replaced him). He also signed Schlupp, Van Aanholt and Milivojevic for Palace. He didn't leave either of them in a mess and had he stayed they wouldn't have dropped back into one. He did an incredible job at Bolton and was doing well at Blackburn until Venky's thought Steve Kean was a better bet. He took hold of West Ham and took them back to the Premier League too in his first season in charge and he did a decent job at Everton where they hardly under performed.

You clearly are no Allardyce fan but let's not let the facts get in the way.
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:50 pm

I'm definitely not saying that I want him here, but my money would be on Stuart Grey ( Assistant Manager at Fulham ) as our new Head Coach in the event of the Gaffer leaving.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:51 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:36 pm
So then let's look at things fairly. He rescued Sunderland and Palace (where Frank de Boer replaced him). He also signed Schlupp, Van Aanholt and Milivojevic for Palace. He didn't leave either of them in a mess and had he stayed they wouldn't have dropped back into one. He did an incredible job at Bolton and was doing well at Blackburn until Venky's thought Steve Kean was a better bet. He took hold of West Ham and took them back to the Premier League too in his first season in charge and he did a decent job at Everton where they hardly under performed.

You clearly are no Allardyce fan but let's not let the facts get in the way.
It's all about opinions, and you know mine apart from I don't dislike Allardyce, I just dont get the love in for him. As stated by others above, he traditionally spends is way out of trouble, much like Redknapp - which when he goes it leaves those clubs with expensive players on big contracts that no one can sort out and invariably those clubs then struggle for years to come.

What I will give him credit for is the early days of sport science he was a pioneer at Bolton, and I think it would be fair to make parallels to Dyche in that regard with us. In his later days at Bolton (with hindsight we may say the same about Dyche) he began to want more success and wanted to spend more money which ultimately crippled them permanently to what they are now.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:00 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:13 pm
I didn't say you suggested Fat Sam or Pardew, they were mentioned on the thread. In fact you didn't actually make any suggestions at all, feel free to so we can discuss your ideas.
Well you intimated it when you said

F#ck it, you’re probably right - let’s get fat Sam or Pardew and let them p!ss money we don’t have away on show pony mercenaries, that’ll work.

I don’t need to make a suggestion to participate in the discussion. I am wondering what people think qualifies the likes of Duff and Cook for a managerial position at a Premier League side? Nobody seems to be able to provide anything other than the fact they used to play for Burnley, which as per my example didn’t work too well last time. No need to be so touchy, I’m asking a genuine question.

I honestly don’t know who I’d appoint if Dyche were to leave with us in this division. But for me it would almost certainly have to be somebody with experience at the top level.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:04 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:00 pm
Well you intimated it when you said

I don’t need to make a suggestion to participate in the discussion. I am wondering what people think qualifies the likes of Duff and Cook for a managerial position at a Premier League side? Nobody seems to be able to provide anything other than the fact they used to play for Burnley, which as per my example didn’t work too well last time. No need to be so touchy, I’m asking a genuine question.

I honestly don’t know who I’d appoint if Dyche were to leave with us in this division. But for me it would almost certainly have to be somebody with experience at the top level.
there's at least 2 of us on this very thread who have done that in regards to Duff.

I apologise if you misunderstood me to intimating you stated that you wanted Fat Sam or Pardew, I've already explained why I mentioned them.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3156 times
Has Liked: 6743 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:04 pm

claretburns wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:45 pm
Don't blame me, you wanted to see the list. Next Burnley Manager odds:

1. Ian Woan 10/3
2. Sam Allardyce 5/1
3. Alan Pardew 6/1
4. Mark Hughes 9/1
5. Paul Clement 11/1
6. Lee Johnson/Joey Barton 13/1
What a shower of ****

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:42 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:51 pm
It's all about opinions, and you know mine apart from I don't dislike Allardyce, I just dont get the love in for him. As stated by others above, he traditionally spends is way out of trouble, much like Redknapp - which when he goes it leaves those clubs with expensive players on big contracts that no one can sort out and invariably those clubs then struggle for years to come.

What I will give him credit for is the early days of sport science he was a pioneer at Bolton, and I think it would be fair to make parallels to Dyche in that regard with us. In his later days at Bolton (with hindsight we may say the same about Dyche) he began to want more success and wanted to spend more money which ultimately crippled them permanently to what they are now.
Wasn't giving an opinion, just stating facts on how well he'd done at clubs. He's also made some very astute signings along the way too.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:45 pm

Fair enough. Just trying to debate it.

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:13 pm

Big Sam would do for me..says it as it is.A good fit for Burnley.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:16 pm

I can't remember any of there names, but there must be at least 14 managers with premier League experience who worked for Watford 🤭.
These 3 users liked this post: boatshed bill Zlatan GodIsADeeJay81

OssyClaret
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by OssyClaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:03 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
We shouldn't even be talking about staying up though to be honest. Get JBG starting and that improves us 50%.
He’s sh1t. Unless autocorrect changed Mee to JBG?

LowtonClaret
Been Liked: 33 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by LowtonClaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:27 pm

Why would he leave., 3.5M a year, a 2.5M if we stay up.! And let's be honest, nobody is knocking the door down for him.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:31 pm

Let’s be honest Dyche is amazing for us.

But no other team in this league would have him. As highlighted over the past 3 seasons when no one has gone in for him.

I would go as far as saying Eddie Howe is probably higher up the pecking order. It all boils down to playing style and unfortunately no other team in the league will accept a style like this.

Dyche is here for the long run.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:38 pm

The Enclosure wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:13 pm
Big Sam would do for me..says it as it is.A good fit for Burnley.
He would be a good fit, but we can't afford him.

We haven't got a pot to p!sh in

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:56 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
True, if everybody stays fit throughout it’s plain sailing but that won’t happen, it’ll be a relegation dogfight season for sure. We’ve been relatively comfortable for a few seasons now & circumstances have caught up with us.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:01 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:11 pm
Unsurprisingly, that doesn't make sense.
I was actually trying to provoke/stimulate/prompt a suggestive response with something forthcoming regarding possible available managers it’s easier to criticise instead when other people are trying & getting knocked down for there efforts.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:09 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:01 pm
I was actually trying to provoke/stimulate/prompt a suggestive response with something forthcoming regarding possible available managers it’s easier to criticise instead when other people are trying & getting knocked down for there efforts.
I haven’t criticised anyone. I asked people how they feel that Mike Duff or Paul Cook are qualified for the job. Seems the only qualification that sets them apart from dozens of other managers is having a player career at Burnley FC, which surely shouldn’t be the basis of their appointment should Dyche leave.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2378 times
Has Liked: 3801 times

Post by JohnMac » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:10 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:56 pm
Clement is just a cone putter outer.
I wouldn't mind a top quality coach coming to the club with fresh ideas once the current team eventually depart.

We may end up going down this route with a systems based recruiting policy.

Not saying Clements but he did have a good CV as a coach.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:14 pm

His name is Michael... says so on his badge...
0C4860C0-0E0F-4F06-BEF3-2D8650809BB9.jpeg
0C4860C0-0E0F-4F06-BEF3-2D8650809BB9.jpeg (490.69 KiB) Viewed 1667 times

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:15 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
There was no clamour for Laws.

:(
A clamour of the one that mattered.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:19 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:09 pm
I haven’t criticised anyone. I asked people how they feel that Mike Duff or Paul Cook are qualified for the job. Seems the only qualification that sets them apart from dozens of other managers is having a player career at Burnley FC, which surely shouldn’t be the basis of their appointment should Dyche leave.
Yes that’s true, but the suggestions are valid in the event of the job becoming vacant let’s be honest it wouldn’t draw a big big name, looking at recruiting & identifying something promising down the pyramid would be more feasible & with the nature of that the qualifications wouldn’t cover PL experience, you can completely dismiss or accept that viewpoint. People were only offering viable suggestions at the end of the day without prejudice.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6485 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:27 pm

Im starting to think Dyche only stays at burnley because he likes to hear people say " Dyche is the Premier Leagues longest serving manager"....lets face it boys the end of people saying that isnt very far away!
I'd like to see Mickey Mellon manage us in the future.

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:38 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
I simply have no idea to be honest. I do fear Hughes given his links with Rigg but I don't know who I'd want. Did I want Dyche? Not particularly but I didn't get the opportunity to interview him and I'm told he blew us away with the interview which left him the number one candidate by some distance. I'm not advocating Big Sam at all but he's the one that's been closest to Dyche in terms of treating the players with respect and honesty.
Or direct football

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:42 pm

JohnMac wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:10 pm
I wouldn't mind a top quality coach coming to the club with fresh ideas once the current team eventually depart.

We may end up going down this route with a systems based recruiting policy.

Not saying Clements but he did have a good CV as a coach.
Great number 2, poor number 1.
Similar to Brian Kidd.
This user liked this post: JohnMac

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:51 pm

Steve1956 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:27 pm
Im starting to think Dyche only stays at burnley because he likes to hear people say " Dyche is the Premier Leagues longest serving manager"....lets face it boys the end of people saying that isnt very far away!
I'd like to see Mickey Mellon manage us in the future.
Can I point out that’s only been the case since Eddie was potted recently ;)

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:54 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:51 pm
Can I point out that’s only been the case since Eddie was potted recently ;)
I know,and Dyche loves that title! :roll:

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:59 pm

With the close of the transfer window tonight,and everyone connected with the club knew we needed new players i think the club at this moment in time is staring into an abyss,we are completely rudderless,Garlick is letting it go to pot,Dyche tries to score points at Garlick's expense every chance he gets,they really need their heads banging together and put the club first not their petty little point scoring....this club is heading into a disaster.

edlass
Been Liked: 59 times
Has Liked: 37 times

Post by edlass » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:05 pm

Just hypothetically I like Paul Warne at Rotherham. I Heard a post match interview after they reached the L1 playoffs and I liked what I heard, it reminded me of Dyche. I've since followed how well he has done with Rotherham steadying the ship after relegation (though I'm not an expert) and getting them promoted again, then a tough second relegation but followed by another promotion and if they can stay up then its an achievement similar to Dyche keeping us up . I liked Dyche in the same way when I heard his Watford post match interviews too. I know the Prem is a different kettle of fish though.