How do we let Garlick know?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Re: How do we let Garlick know?

Post by MACCA » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:53 pm

jtv wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:28 pm
Selling Tarkowski and using part of it for new signings would have increased the bank balance. So if Macca's accusations that Garlick wants to add to the cash at bank to make more profit for himself are shot out of the water methinks.
Was quite open to the idea if we could get 40m for Tarky, we could reinvest in a replacement and a further 2 players to give Dyche the support he clearly needs.

Fact is we didnt get that offer, but make no bones about it if we had, Tarky would have been gone.

But still least Kev Long has been promoted from 4th to 3rd choice CB and is starting regular premier league games.

In Garlicks own words " we aim to finish every transfer window stronger than we started it"

Out
Hart
Gibson
Lennon
Hendrick

In
Norris
Stephen's

Where's the strengthen?

18 months ago

Out
Vokes

In
Crouch

Again wheres this strengthening?

He talks utter garbage, and has let down our best manager in decades window after window.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 977 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:53 pm

Burnley FC is a football club punching well above it's weight being financed by local business people who are wealthy but not multi billionaires. That situation is unique in the PL as this transfer window has cruelly highlighted and the Covid pandemic has ruthlessly exposed. You would probably need to drop down to Leagues 1 and 2 to find similar business models since most Championship clubs now have very wealthy benefactors. Basically, without major outside investment we are screwed. Many clubs in Leagues 1 and 2 are seeking a financial bail out to survive.
Last edited by kentonclaret on Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1643 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:54 pm

Some talk about the training ground being a great Garlick legacy, but let’s be honest, when turnover has racked up over half a billion in recent years, that training ground expenditure was just petty cash.

Keeping Pope, McNeil, Tarky is good business though. Even though we are obviously desperate for at least a couple.

Makes me wonder if some kind of pre-takeover agreement has been reached not to spend additional funds until the takeover is complete. If it was total caution we would surely have sold Tarky and bought a cheaper replacement.

dsr
Been Liked: 4573 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:57 pm

burnley007 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:53 pm
Is he just taking the mick because he knows there will be no fans in the ground to tell him exactly what we think?

How do we get the message across that the guy is finished at the club and has lost any last shred of respect with fans?
Perhaps even more relevant, how do we let burnley007 know that he doesn't know everything and doesn't speak for everyone?
These 2 users liked this post: claret54 Leisure

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:58 pm

bf2k wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:32 pm
We played 1 up top a few times last season. Palace definitely springs to mind.
Palace away was forced on us because Vydra was our only fit striker if I remember rightly!

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:59 pm

In Garlick's own words "we aim to finish every transfer window stronger than we started it"

Was that commitment made Before or After the Covid19 pandemic struck?

Using that analogy we would be holding this Conservative Government to all of their spending pledges made during the General Election even though we know the Treasury coffers are empty.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:59 pm

It does seem though that it was that Dom in Garlick 's eyes.
I would have liked Garlick to have sold Tarkowski in this window and trusted Dyche' s ability to replace him and add another signing as back up for Gudmundsson.I don't think we are ever going to get the same money for Tarkowski again.
Burnley are not in the position to even bring in one 20 million pound player

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:01 pm

MACCA wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:53 pm
Was quite open to the idea if we could get 40m for Tarky, we could reinvest in a replacement and a further 2 players to give Dyche the support he clearly needs.

Fact is we didnt get that offer, but make no bones about it if we had, Tarky would have been gone.

But still least Kev Long has been promoted from 4th to 3rd choice CB and is starting regular premier league games.

In Garlicks own words " we aim to finish every transfer window stronger than we started it"

Out
Hart
Gibson
Lennon
Hendrick

In
Norris
Stephen's

Where's the strengthen?

18 months ago

Out
Vokes

In
Crouch

Again wheres this strengthening?

He talks utter garbage, and has let down our best manager in decades window after window.
Do you understand the meaning of the word ‘aim’?

I’m sure Dyche aims to win every game.
This user liked this post: Leisure

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:02 pm

Let’s not turn the club toxic...
The team needs support, and we see it too often when fans turning on the board for wanting better players it’s never good
These 2 users liked this post: longsidepies Leisure

Burnley87
Been Liked: 116 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Burnley87 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:04 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:52 pm
Huge positive of this window has been holding onto Pope, McNeil and Tarkowski

Well done BFC.
Completely disagree. If the fact the club could have moved forward and reinvested into an aging playing group by sacrificing one of these then that should have been the plan.

It’s a far better plan than letting James Tarkowski contract run down too one year left and taking 15 million less next summer

P*ss poor business, from a p*ssly poor run club in recent years

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:06 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:01 pm
Do you understand the meaning of the word ‘aim’?

I’m sure Dyche aims to win every game.
I do.

I put a bid in for Messi to come and work for me as my personal chef.
That was my aim anyway.

There has been no aiming anywhere, he has let Dyche and the fans down AGAIN.
his success rate of these said aims of his are p1ss poor.

I bet he hits the income aims regularly enough

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:07 pm

These was Sean Dyche's response to a question on the possible sale of Tarkowski

"It will be a board decision. I certainly want to keep him, MAKE NO MISTAKE' Dyche said.

"He is a very important player here and I feel it is VERY IMPORTANT that we keep him"

If Garlick went ahead and sold Tarkowski anyway he is basically pulling the rug from under the manager's feet.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:08 pm

Bringing Tarkowski into the equation is a very valid point. We could no doubt have sold Tarkowski and strengthened the squad with a good portion of the proceeds. But was it worth selling our best player for less than what we considered his market value? This squad has been built on a solid defence and I think that would have been a mistake.

No doubt a good number of those criticising Garlick would also have been the first to pounce had we sold Tarks for £35m.

It seems clear that unless our financial predicament improves due to a takeover we will be forced to cash in on our biggest assets in order to rebuild the squad.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:08 pm

I think the majority of Burnley fans would support Garlick and the board during these most difficult financial and personally challenging times JT

Burnley87

Post by Burnley87 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:11 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:07 pm
These was Sean Dyche's response to a question on the possible sale of Tarkowski

"It will be a board decision. I certainly want to keep him, MAKE NO MISTAKE' Dyche said.

"He is a very important player here and I feel it is VERY IMPORTANT that we keep him"

If Garlick went ahead and sold Tarkowski anyway he is basically pulling the rug from under the manager's feet.
I think it would have shown a plan moving forwards if we was reinvesting the money on the playing squad especially earlier in the transfer window. If that was to bring in younger player’s who the club can develop and possibly Dawson to replace Tarks as a stop gap.

I think most people would have understood there was a Plan moving forwards. This is like moving backwards and assets are falling in price while we do it

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:12 pm

MACCA wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:06 pm
I do.

That was my aim anyway.

What do you mean by him hitting his income aims? To be quite frank your arguments make very little sense.

There’s very little substance to your attacks on Garlick, they just come across as childish, petulant and ill-thought-out.

Burnley87

Post by Burnley87 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:13 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:08 pm
Bringing Tarkowski into the equation is a very valid point. We could no doubt have sold Tarkowski and strengthened the squad with a good portion of the proceeds. But was it worth selling our best player for less than what we considered his market value? This squad has been built on a solid defence and I think that would have been a mistake.

No doubt a good number of those criticising Garlick would also have been the first to pounce had we sold Tarks for £35m.

It seems clear that unless our financial predicament improves due to a takeover we will be forced to cash in on our biggest assets in order to rebuild the squad.
Next summer he will be worth 20 million with only one Year left on his contract. Will that be a good deal then

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:13 pm

Garlick knows, he doesn't need any of us to tell him. He just doesn't have the funds nor the balls to do anything this window - hopefully the takeover goes ahead because nothing* whatsoever coming out of Burnley Football Club at first team level is positive

*other than Tarks staying

Sozturf7
Been Liked: 89 times

Post by Sozturf7 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:13 pm

Has he got a cunning plan?

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2594 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:15 pm

Burnley87 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:13 pm

Next summer he will be worth 20 million with only one Year left on his contract. Will that be a good deal then
If we stay up then, unequivocally, yes it will.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:17 pm

MACCA wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:06 pm
I do.

That was my aim anyway.

We gained 5 places last season from the one before. He back Dyche the summer before that and Dyche dropped us down 8 places. Sighting a few extra games as a reason for being utter **** until Christmas.

So truth be told, when he has backed Dyche, we’ve been poorer for it.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:18 pm

Burnley87 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:13 pm
If that is a valid estimation then it could be considered that it is worth taking £10m less for another season of Tarkowski. I suspect Dyche thought likewise which led to the change of tone in his interviews when the bids for Tarkowski had been rejected and the interested parties moved on.

It may turn out to be a poor decision, time will tell. But considering how difficult we find it to get new signings over the line, and considering the injury to Mee and our lack of depth at CB, I personally think it was crucial that we retained Tarkowski.
These 2 users liked this post: claret54 Leisure

Burnley87

Post by Burnley87 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:18 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:15 pm
If we stay up then, unequivocally, yes it will.
This is the problem because rather than planning now for 2 windows away they will have this problem again with less leverage next summer. We should have looked to replace Tarkowski this summer along with upping the squad depth with younger hungry players and then selling Tarks for the best figure. Yes it would seem like a step backwards but it would have show direction

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:19 pm

"This is like moving backwards and assets are falling in price while we do it"

This has been the problem with the last few transfer windows when we needed 4 or 5 new players but ended up with just 1 or2 and the vast majority of people on this message board expressed their satisfaction with the business when the window closed. This problem has been coming down the tracks for a while.
This user liked this post: DCWat

kenyon6923
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by kenyon6923 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:19 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:53 pm
Burnley FC is a football club punching well above it's weight being financed by local business people who are wealthy but not multi millionaires. That situation is unique in the PL as this transfer window has cruelly highlighted and the Covid pandemic has ruthlessly exposed. You would probably need to drop down to Leagues 1 and 2 to find similar business models since most Championship clubs now have very wealthy benefactors. Basically, without major outside investment we are screwed. Many clubs in Leagues 1 and 2 are seeking a financial bail out to survive.
ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON 👌

Burnley87

Post by Burnley87 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:22 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:18 pm
If that is a valid estimation then it could be considered that it is worth taking £10m less for another season of Tarkowski. I suspect Dyche thought likewise which led to the change of tone in his interviews when the bids for Tarkowski had been rejected and the interested parties moved on.

It may turn out to be a poor decision, time will tell. But considering how difficult we find it to get new signings over the line, and considering the injury to Mee and our lack of depth at CB, I personally think it was crucial that we retained Tarkowski.
I don’t see an issue with Keeping him or we sell him. It just seems like everything is done without a longer term plan. when contracts come to an end it’s panic stations.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:22 pm

Burnley87 wrote:
This is the problem because rather than planning now for 2 windows away they will have this problem again with less leverage next summer. We should have looked to replace Tarkowski this summer along with upping the squad depth with younger hungry players and then selling Tarks for the best figure. Yes it would seem like a step backwards but it would have show direction
It’s very difficult planning two windows ahead when we don’t have a clue what division we will be in. People keep referring to plugging gaps and sticking plasters on wounds - but the reality is that we are only ever going to be plugging gaps to some degree whilst in the Premier League. We don’t have the financial resources to become totally established at this level.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:26 pm

Burnley87 wrote:
We're going to have this problem every year regardless without outside investment coming in.

What's more important: staying up or getting younger players for the future in? Right now it's staying in this league and the judgement call made (and I'd wager the board and manager agreed on this) is that we've a better chance of doing that with Tarkowski than without.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1643 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:27 pm

A Tarky contract extension cannot be ruled out.

He is 28 next month. In the next 3 months it could become clearer that media money is going to plummet post pandemic, wages will inevitably go down. Players may start scrambling to get pay rises before this happens.

I wouldn’t be betting the ranch on it. But it isn’t guaranteed he’ll be getting £100k per week offers elsewhere and walking into first teams. My hunch is everything (not just Tarky) depends on how things sit after the takeover.

Burnley87

Post by Burnley87 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:27 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:22 pm
It’s very difficult planning two windows ahead when we don’t have a clue what division we will be in. People keep referring to plugging gaps and sticking plasters on wounds - but the reality is that we are only ever going to be plugging gaps to some degree whilst in the Premier League. We don’t have the financial resources to become totally established at this level.
But honestly I don’t think that’s what the Burnley Fans want and I don’t think that is the DNA of the club. The Burnley way has always been to develop young talent and move them on. Maybe it’s the managers ‘style’ I don’t have any issues with it btw. That is prohibitive of clubs looking at our players for mega money but the business model has hit a wall and either the manager needs to go or above at board room level ...It’s utterly dysfunctional

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3604 times

Post by DCWat » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:29 pm

I don’t think we would have this problem every year. We’ve seen over a number of windows a problem brewing and our manager was highlighting the fact 12 months back.

I do think there is an element of blame that should be laid at Dyche’s feet but I’m far less convinced by Garlick than I am Dyche.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:29 pm

Who would be a football chairman eh? One of the only few that runs the club at small profit and doesn't take a salary.
And gets pelters for it.

Probably by the fans that would disappear like Blackburn, Sunderland and Bolton fans did when they enjoyed the ride but were know where to be seen when they were 200m in debt and need every penny.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:33 pm

Burnley87 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:27 pm
But honestly I don’t think that’s what the Burnley Fans want and I don’t think that is the DNA of the club. The Burnley way has always been to develop young talent and move them on. Maybe it’s the managers ‘style’ I don’t have any issues with it btw. That is prohibitive of clubs looking at our players for mega money but the business model has hit a wall and either the manager needs to go or above. It’s utterly dysfunctional
If this message board is an indication of what Burnley fans want then I suggest a lot of them are deluded.

Would you prefer us to develop young talent and move them on whilst playing in the Championship or League One? It’s fine if you would prefer the latter, I can actually understand people who might enjoy that more than slugging our guts out every season competing against some of the world’s biggest clubs.

But how many PL sides have a successful model of developing young talent and moving them on? The reality is it is far easier to do that in a lower division, take Brentford as an example. For a club like ours the goal is to stay in this division for as long as possible and it’s a lot more difficult to do that whilst trying to develop unproven and inexperienced talent.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 pm

Very few clubs in the PL have long term success with developing young talent and moving them on.

Saints had a spell, but outside of the top 6/7 then it isn't many.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:40 pm

DCWat wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:29 pm
I don’t think we would have this problem every year. We’ve seen over a number of windows a problem brewing and our manager was highlighting the fact 12 months back.

I do think there is an element of blame that should be laid at Dyche’s feet but I’m far less convinced by Garlick than I am Dyche.
I think we're talking different problems... I just meant we're always going to have to make a call on whether it's better for us to try and keep a player or sell to fund incoming. Unless we get some big investment in.

Said it elsewhere but this season was always going to be about just getting us through it still in the division and hope the world has calmed down a bit by then. Doesn't look promising though.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:45 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:40 pm
I think we're talking different problems... I just meant we're always going to have to make a call on whether it's better for us to try and keep a player or sell to fund incoming. Unless we get some big investment in.

Said it elsewhere but this season was always going to be about just getting us through it still in the division and hope the world has calmed down a bit by then. Doesn't look promising though.
It doesn’t - it’s some Dyche magic that we need now.

I just can’t believe that we couldn’t stretch the finances to bolster the squad - a longer term view than just this season, perhaps.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:49 pm

DCWat wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:45 pm
It doesn’t - it’s some Dyche magic that we need now.

I just can’t believe that we couldn’t stretch the finances to bolster the squad - a longer term view than just this season, perhaps.
But we might. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a very good chance we won’t. But if we are ‘stretching’ finances then it was always unlikely to be stretched on players currently in the PL.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:51 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:49 pm
But we might. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a very good chance we won’t. But if we are ‘stretching’ finances then it was always unlikely to be stretched on players currently in the PL.
Another reason that our insistence on Championship or PL signings is somewhat bizarre.

aggi
Been Liked: 2116 times

Post by aggi » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:52 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:48 pm
Maybe Dyche realises that MG is in it for his gains and doesnt give a stuff about the club/fans, and he is making this clear before a takeover?
There's some hysterical rewriting of history that's been going on recently. When Garlick came into Burnley there was a better chance of losing his money than the current position of potentially making significant gains.

I'm also impressed by the number of M&A experts we have on here with intimate knowledge on how to prepare a balance sheet for a sale (although a large number of them don't appear to have ever looked at our accounts which is weird).
These 2 users liked this post: Rileybobs GodIsADeeJay81

dsr
Been Liked: 4573 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:57 pm

The problem with the idea of "developing younger talent and selling them on" is that, as a rule, selling your best players is not a good way to prosper. There is a strong feeling that we could or even should have sold Tarkowski for perhaps £32m, and with the net £24m left after paying Brentford we should have bought two or three better players to strengthen the team. It could not happen that way. Not at today's prices. We could perhaps have brought two or three players to develop for the future.

Here's the cleft stick. If we sell Pope, or Mee, or Taylor, or Tarkowski, or Westwood, or Barnes, or Gudmondsson, or Rodriguez, then we would not get enough money to replace them with a like for like player. If Tarkowski had gone, we would have been weaker this season even if the entire receipt had been spent on a replacement centre half. That's why we can't - except for occasional exceptions ie. Keane and Gray, when we had more than adequate replacements already at the club - sell to reinvest.
These 3 users liked this post: Rileybobs GodIsADeeJay81 Wokingclaret

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:02 am

DCWat wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:51 pm
Another reason that our insistence on Championship or PL signings is somewhat bizarre.
I don’t think it’s an insistence, I think it’s down to just how much resource goes into scouting overseas. A hell of a lot of work goes on behind the scenes in identifying players. I would love us to have expanded our talent finding over the years but you’ve got to appreciate that signing players from overseas carries a lot greater risk and we’re just not geared up for it.

You only have to see how much Dyche is criticised for wasting money on homegrown players who flop. I can pretty much guarantee that a higher percentage of overseas signings would have done.

I agree totally that this is one area of the club that could have progressed over the past few years though.

aggi
Been Liked: 2116 times

Post by aggi » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:11 am

dsr wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:57 pm
The problem with the idea of "developing younger talent and selling them on" is that, as a rule, selling your best players is not a good way to prosper. There is a strong feeling that we could or even should have sold Tarkowski for perhaps £32m, and with the net £24m left after paying Brentford we should have bought two or three better players to strengthen the team. It could not happen that way. Not at today's prices. We could perhaps have brought two or three players to develop for the future.

Here's the cleft stick. If we sell Pope, or Mee, or Taylor, or Tarkowski, or Westwood, or Barnes, or Gudmondsson, or Rodriguez, then we would not get enough money to replace them with a like for like player. If Tarkowski had gone, we would have been weaker this season even if the entire receipt had been spent on a replacement centre half. That's why we can't - except for occasional exceptions ie. Keane and Gray, when we had more than adequate replacements already at the club - sell to reinvest.
It is always a difficult route. If it was easy then everyone would be doing it.

If you are going to try and do it though you have to stick with it. You need a constant stream of players coming through to step into the boots of those being sold. You can't spend a couple of seasons signing journeymen because you're panicking and want players to slot straight in. This is where most clubs, understandably, fall down.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:23 am

If we Lose 1..6 at home or say 7..2 away after spending tens of millions on superstars I'd be very very Disappointed.but we havent...and we havent.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:34 am

The last few transfer windows have been spent "kicking the can down the road" by investing in the minimum amount of players needed to keep us up with no account taken of their age and longevity. The pandemic has now brought the problem to a head sooner rather than later and the board face a real dilemma.
These 4 users liked this post: DCWat claretgimmer bf2k DomBFC1882

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:49 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:12 pm
What do you mean by him hitting his income aims? To be quite frank your arguments make very little sense.

There’s very little substance to your attacks on Garlick, they just come across as childish, petulant and ill-thought-out.
Your opinion is fine, I respect it, I'll just continue being right.
But also it's never in my nature to remind people I told you so weeks, months, years later

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:18 pm

If we are penniless in the richest league in the world it does beg the question, "what would happen to the club if we were in (or were to end up in) the Championship"? It sounds like we'd have no football club!

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:42 pm

bf2k wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:18 pm
If we are penniless in the richest league in the world it does beg the question, "what would happen to the club if we were in (or were to end up in) the Championship"? It sounds like we'd have no football club!
You're just trolling now...

Leisure
Been Liked: 3787 times
Has Liked: 12479 times

Post by Leisure » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:53 pm

Burnley87 wrote:
Yes it would seem like a step backwards but it would have show direction
So you're actually saying that a step backwards is showng direction!

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:33 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:42 pm
You're just trolling now...
Am I, really? Why do you say that?

BTW, I've been posting on these forums for 20 years and have yet to start "trolling". Simply, I can't be arsed with all that.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:48 pm

bf2k wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:33 pm
Am I, really? Why do you say that?

BTW, I've been posting on these forums for 20 years and have yet to start "trolling". Simply, I can't be arsed with all that.
BF2K is either trolling or just stupid.

Quite clearly has no idea how the football club is ran.