End child food poverty

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1129 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Re: End child food poverty

Post by daveisaclaret » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:00 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:29 pm
Is this the response you a referring to?

“At one school in Mansfield 75% of kids have a social worker, 25% of parents are illiterate. Their estate is the centre of the area’s crime. One kid lives in a crack den, another in a brothel. These are the kids that most need our help, extending FSM doesn’t reach these kids.”

Which bit don’t you agree with?
If Ben Bradley knows about a kid living in a crack den and another in a brothel why is he spending his time on Twitter demanding a young footballer's attention instead of doing something about it?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:01 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:29 pm
Is this the response you a referring to?

“At one school in Mansfield 75% of kids have a social worker, 25% of parents are illiterate. Their estate is the centre of the area’s crime. One kid lives in a crack den, another in a brothel. These are the kids that most need our help, extending FSM doesn’t reach these kids.”

Which bit don’t you agree with?
I dont agree with the way he uses those at the bottom of the constituent he is supposed to represent as a defence tactic, or him drawing a school in to the argument which puts the spotlight on these specific kids already struggling in this environment.

https://twitter.com/BBradley_Mans/statu ... 6032650241

Then after naming the school and stating the head of the school agrees with him a governor and the head of the school have called him out for lying stating clearly they dont agree and they fully support Rashford

https://twitter.com/i/status/1319925332133220352

Remember this was the guy found guilty of defaming Jeremy Coming and when Corbyn ensured the settlement of £15K had to go to a homeless shelter he cried poverty (the irony) and got a rich Tory donor to pay it for him

This is also the same man who suggested that the poor working class should be sterilised to stop the country drowning in a vast sea of unemployed wasters

If you think this is a good look for an MP and comfortable with him linking FSMs to funding crackdens and brothels whilst throwing individual schools under the bus and potentially compromising the well being of some pupils then thank god I dont live in your head.

Personally I think it is a complete car crash and im sure the majority of people who come across this story will firmly agree with me
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:04 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:00 pm
If Ben Bradley knows about a kid living in a crack den and another in a brothel why is he spending his time on Twitter demanding a young footballer's attention instead of doing something about it?
Because that would be for Child Social Care to respond to. They might be aware and are working with the family involved. What should an MP do?

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:12 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:04 pm
What should an MP do?
He should start by putting his phone down before he makes an even bigger fool of himself.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:17 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:01 pm
I dont agree with the way he uses those at the bottom of the constituent he is supposed to represent as a defence tactic, or him drawing a school in to the argument which puts the spotlight on these specific kids already struggling in this environment.

https://twitter.com/BBradley_Mans/statu ... 6032650241

Then after naming the school and stating the head of the school agrees with him a governor and the head of the school have called him out for lying stating clearly they dont agree and they fully support Rashford

https://twitter.com/i/status/1319925332133220352

Remember this was the guy found guilty of defaming Jeremy Coming and when Corbyn ensured the settlement of £15K had to go to a homeless shelter he cried poverty (the irony) and got a rich Tory donor to pay it for him

This is also the same man who suggested that the poor working class should be sterilised to stop the country drowning in a vast sea of unemployed wasters

If you think this is a good look for an MP and comfortable with him linking FSMs to funding crackdens and brothels whilst throwing individual schools under the bus and potentially compromising the well being of some pupils then thank god I dont live in your head.

Personally I think it is a complete car crash and im sure the majority of people who come across this story will firmly agree with me
He makes a valid point, that you don’t agree with. He was linking vouchers and how some people use them for other means If you are going to pretend that every voucher is used properly by the recipient then more fool you.

He invited Rashford to a school, and that invite was then politicised by a school governor (wonder which party he supports?). His Twitter is then spammed by the usual labour rent a mob. Nothing to see here, just political opportunism (again).

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:24 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:17 pm
He makes a valid point, that you don’t agree with. He was linking vouchers and how some people use them for other means If you are going to pretend that every voucher is used properly by the recipient then more fool you.

He invited Rashford to a school, and that invite was then politicised by a school governor (wonder which party he supports?). His Twitter is then spammed by the usual labour rent a mob. Nothing to see here, just political opportunism (again).
Bradley publicly mentioned the school first and politicised it by doing so. Should the school not have the right to defend itself against his lies about them?

Anyhow youve made your case and Ive made mine and Im happy to let others read what has gone on and decide what they think.

Just to note the post of mine you responded to actually wasnt about Bradley or the other MPs views but about what a mess they get themselves in to when allowed free reign over their own social media in contentious issues like this

The fact he is all over the news getting absolutely slaughtered sort of backs up my point dont you think?

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6900 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:28 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:11 pm
Not everyone but plenty do, it’s the lifestyle choices SOME make, if you’ve got a massive monthly shop & a chest freezer & all the tubs & labels & a marker pen & the latest cookbooks & throw in a microwave Vs the latest iPhone/Samsung model, they’d be no contest regarding the choice with SOME people.
That’s a good idea in theory, but we all know that the dirty **** bags will just sniff the marker pen dry and use the labels for roach.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:32 pm

Some people here think they should be immune from criticism or moral judgement for wanting to debate the finer points of ship construction instead of throwing a drowning man a life ring.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:51 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:28 pm
That’s a good idea in theory, but we all know that the dirty **** bags will just sniff the marker pen dry and use the labels for roach.
No need to be like that, counter my points constructively & I’ll engage in a positive manner, show some tolerance towards common sense please.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:00 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:17 pm

Bradley is **** - that’s in his own writing - and an idiot too. Has Bradley had anything to say about the £4 Billion lost to fraud in the furlough scheme? Who but a drooling idiot would worry more about 1p lost in a carpet over £1000 lifted from his bank account? This is the lowest IQ government we’ve ever had.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:14 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:21 am
What’s the view like up there on that very tall horse ?

Where have I ever “sneered” at people who in our day lived on fresh food and had healthy diets ?
“Our” day is very probably the same time I was brought up. Why would I or anyone sneer at any family who brings their children up to eat well irrespective of their wealth ? What a ridiculous thing to say.

What I did “sneer” out is some of the comments on here which said that nobody complained back in the day or just make a pot of stew and get on with it. The comments around benefits, affording mobile phones etc are not surprising given some of the type of people who post on here....but at least you seem to agree that has got nothing to do with the kids.

Are those the type of comments that you agree with ?
Personally I don’t and based on the majority of people on this threads opinions they disagree too.

I have never said that FSM is the long term answer - it’s very obvious that it isn’t. I’m not sure anybody is saying that. It’s a short term fix but right now I have not seen a better option and based on the groundswell of opinion across the country and business community etc there does not seem to be any better immediate alternatives.
For a start, I do believe if you can afford a mobile phone, you can afford to feed your kids, but it doesn’t stop at mobile phones. Alcohol, smoking, gambling, cars there is a long list of things that many people on benefits can afford, or afford to do, and still send their kids to bed with a full stomach. My argument has always been with the parents who apparently, can't afford to do that.
I would love someone to enlighten me on how much money they actually receive, and a list of what that money actually goes on. As I said in a previous post, if it was a problem with benefits, every single famy on benefits would be in the same boat, they clearly aren't.
I am happy to accept that children need to be fed, are you happy to accept that these parents need educating, and to take their responsibilities seriously.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:51 pm

Perhaps the underclass should spend a bit more on food ( very cheap in the uk) rather than fags booze and fake designer brands ? Or the very same bleeding hearts who advocate “ let em all in” are then up in arms at the struggle some of them then face . We have a generous state benefit system and Covid aside pretty much jobs for all .

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2154 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:10 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:51 pm
Perhaps the underclass should spend a bit more on food ( very cheap in the uk) rather than fags booze and fake designer brands ? Or the very same bleeding hearts who advocate “ let em all in” are then up in arms at the struggle some of them then face . We have a generous state benefit system and Covid aside pretty much jobs for all .
Because if you’ve no money that’s exactly what you do?

I’ll stay off this thread, they just annoy me

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:10 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:14 pm
For a start, I do believe if you can afford a mobile phone, you can afford to feed your kids, but it doesn’t stop at mobile phones. Alcohol, smoking, gambling, cars there is a long list of things that many people on benefits can afford, or afford to do, and still send their kids to bed with a full stomach. My argument has always been with the parents who apparently, can't afford to do that.
I would love someone to enlighten me on how much money they actually receive, and a list of what that money actually goes on. As I said in a previous post, if it was a problem with benefits, every single famy on benefits would be in the same boat, they clearly aren't.
I am happy to accept that children need to be fed, are you happy to accept that these parents need educating, and to take their responsibilities seriously.
Still on that big horse of yours I see.
Of course I accept that those parents need educating etc.....is there anyone arguing against the fact that there are lots of parents in this country who are at fault for their children going hungry ? Just like there are lots of parents who through no fault of their own are struggling and their situation has been exacerbated by the pandemic.
But that is a whole different debate and not one that Marcus Rashford is campaigning on or that the Tories voted against. If either political party put forward a motion for a whole review of how we fix this issue on a long term basis including the education of parents and ensuring their children’s health and welfare are prioritised via the benefits system, support services etc etc then I don’t think anyone should or would object.

But what I am still struggling to also workout is why anyone would object to giving free school meals during the holiday periods whilst the pandemic is still causing so much financial and social distress in this country. And just to clarify there seem to be a number of people on this thread who are objecting to this....I’m not actually sure whether you are one of them or not.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:23 pm

Hmm! the MP'S might live to regret bringing these issues to the public's attention if their luxury lifestyle is impacted https://uk.yahoo.com/news/petition-dema ... 8860.html

It would be such a shame if all these hard working members were denied all their freebies wouldn't it my heart bleeds for them.

basil6345789
Been Liked: 481 times
Has Liked: 2289 times

Post by basil6345789 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:37 pm

Kids could be fed free meals by opening school or alternative canteens for them to go and dine in rather than giving out vouchers which can be abused/scammed by the parents.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:41 pm

basil6345789 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:37 pm
Kids could be fed free meals by opening school or alternative canteens for them to go and dine in rather than giving out vouchers which can be abused/scammed by the parents.
It’d cost a hell of a lot more to do it this way for the very small percentage that would abuse it. Any suggestions on how we stop employers abusing government help during the pandemic?

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:50 pm

Credit to the Leeds club & players for their contribution https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-54682166