So by paying for our season tickets will we get free ones in 2021 2022 season

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
clarethomer
Been Liked: 946 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Re: So by paying for our season tickets will we get free ones in 2021 2022 season

Post by clarethomer » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:48 am

MACCA wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:10 am
Regards this point and by not paying the £14.95 to watch Burnley has deprived the club of helping the community.

What do you think the clubs cut is from that £14.95?
£5? £10?
I'd go nearer the former. Then what % of that do you honestly think the club would put back into the needing community?
They arent even looking after their loyal customer, theyve even neglected the playing side of things to grab every last pound they can.
They/He/Them are looking after number 1, and number 1 only here, dont be hoodwinked into thinking anything else, and certainly dont feel sorry for them most are multi millionaires and/or far richer than the vast majority of the loyal customers and the town as a whole.

So by directly donating £5, £10 or even the full £14.95 to the community food bank or any other none profit charity that supports the community, you are providing far more for local families, and your money will reach out and help far more people than paying the £14.95 for PPV and hoping some trickles down.
You are missing the point Macca in my opinion.

The cut is largely irrelevant. The club employs people from the community it exists in. They raise the profile of the community they exist in and there are strong links to the area being as successful as it has been when it comes to investment in businesses locally because we have Burnley being a successful football club.

You assume the millions that the club have is sat in a room just piling up when in fact that this isn't really the case and your failure to grasp that for a business to survive needs paying customers and for them paying customers to receive something of value from it (which may not be of the usual value in normal times).

You can see someone who drives a £100k car and be disgusted by it and think that £100k could have been put to far greater causes. Or you can view it and say that person has helped support hundreds/thousands of individuals by providing them with work and pay to provide for their families. Not everyone can afford £100k cars, but by them doing this, does help many people.

There is no hoodwinking going on and it's not about feeling sorry for the board but more about how we as fans ensure that the club exists to support the community it exists in - not just the foodbank but the employees, the supply chains and the ability to be able to continue to do so for years to come.

Royboyclaret
Been Liked: 1282 times
Has Liked: 681 times

Re: So by paying for our season tickets will we get free ones in 2021 2022 season

Post by Royboyclaret » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:01 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:48 am
You are missing the point Macca in my opinion.

The cut is largely irrelevant. The club employs people from the community it exists in. They raise the profile of the community they exist in and there are strong links to the area being as successful as it has been when it comes to investment in businesses locally because we have Burnley being a successful football club.

You assume the millions that the club have is sat in a room just piling up when in fact that this isn't really the case and your failure to grasp that for a business to survive needs paying customers and for them paying customers to receive something of value from it (which may not be of the usual value in normal times).

You can see someone who drives a £100k car and be disgusted by it and think that £100k could have been put to far greater causes. Or you can view it and say that person has helped support hundreds/thousands of individuals by providing them with work and pay to provide for their families. Not everyone can afford £100k cars, but by them doing this, does help many people.

There is no hoodwinking going on and it's not about feeling sorry for the board but more about how we as fans ensure that the club exists to support the community it exists in - not just the foodbank but the employees, the supply chains and the ability to be able to continue to do so for years to come.
Couple of observations......There are "no millions piling up and sat in a room". In our last published accounts we reported an Operating Loss and without the profit on sale of Sam Vokes a Net Loss would also have followed. Without any doubt the financial year to July'20 will also result in a Net Loss.

In terms of PPV all indications suggest the scheme has a very limited shelf life. Both Sky Sports and BT are open to scrapping the controversial scheme claiming it is damaging their reputation. A complete removal will also have the support of the majority of Premier League Supporters' Trusts.

As for clubs as a business relying on paying customers, at Burnley that reliance is less than any other Premier League club, less than 6% of our total Revenue. Compare that to the likes of Arsenal (£96m) and Man Utd (£110m)
Matchday Income and it's clear the damage at all other clubs of no fans for at least the remainder of this season will be far greater than ours.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:13 pm

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:06 am
I agree with everything that you have said on this thread.
Thankyou, it doesn't happen very often :D

clarethomer
Been Liked: 946 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:17 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:01 pm
Couple of observations......There are "no millions piling up and sat in a room". In our last published accounts we reported an Operating Loss and without the profit on sale of Sam Vokes a Net Loss would also have followed. Without any doubt the financial year to July'20 will also result in a Net Loss.

In terms of PPV all indications suggest the scheme has a very limited shelf life. Both Sky Sports and BT are open to scrapping the controversial scheme claiming it is damaging their reputation. A complete removal will also have the support of the majority of Premier League Supporters' Trusts.

As for clubs as a business relying on paying customers, at Burnley that reliance is less than any other Premier League club, less than 6% of our total Revenue. Compare that to the likes of Arsenal (£96m) and Man Utd (£110m)
Matchday Income and it's clear the damage at all other clubs of no fans for at least the remainder of this season will be far greater than ours.
I know the piles of millions don't exist - that was my point. Would be interested to see what the supporters trust would support that could be commercially delivered. Likewise whether the scrapping of this will just lead to no fans being able to see their team unless through obtaining access to streams.

Likewise with all the rebates and other commercial losses they have suffered, I wonder how much that small % we have reliance becomes even more important?

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:56 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:35 pm
Perhaps the growing rates of infections has escaped you. The concourse and toilets would be massive infection risk.
Just caught sight of the Portuguese gp, there's thousands there, surely they have concourses and toilets.

GaryClaret
Been Liked: 35 times
Has Liked: 231 times

Post by GaryClaret » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:57 pm

I’d just like to say, clarethomer, I thought your post made a convincing argument. It has changed my mind on a few things. I am still mad about the club using the “possible price increase” tactic to persuade fans to let them keep our money.

I was going to take the refund and forget going to football for a long, long time. That’s going to be difficult to go through with! I do think I’m unfairly conflating the premier league greed and our club with a lot of my misgivings.

I miss the Turf a lot. I still read about the club every day even though I have never been so disillusioned with football.
This user liked this post: clarethomer

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1749 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:58 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:57 am
Yes, it was silent and on the club's website it states that they are off sale. However, anyone wanting to renew should be able to do so by contacting the Ticket Office.
Thanks, but I’m confused.

How can I renew if they aren’t on sale? And what am I renewing if I’m not allowed in the stadium?

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1162 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:04 pm

agreenwood wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:58 pm

How can I renew if they aren’t on sale? And what am I renewing if I’m not allowed in the stadium?
https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/con ... nds-update

It says on the link "I chose not to renew in the Early Bird period for 20/21 due to the uncertainty surrounding the season can I still retain my seat for the 21/22 campaign? We want to reassure you that your seat will be available to renew. We also fully appreciate that your choice not to renew may have been based upon the uncertainty of the upcoming season back in the early bird renewal window (for 20/21). In such cases we would ask supporters to contact the ticket office team preferably by email and provide an outline of your request and we can talk you through your options on a case by case basis."

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:09 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:01 pm
The irony is though is that Man Utd and Arsenal will rarely be on PPV so won’t have much opportunity to cash in on it. The clubs being “hit” with PPV are those unpopular clubs like us. I don’t think they’ve really thought it through. Imagine the uproar if all Man Utd games were PPV or all Liverpool games? Yet those would create the most income surely.

I said when it was first mentioned as an option, that they if they want to maximise income, then they need to show normal games on normal Sky Sports or BT channels, and keep the big games for PPV and ensure the revenue is equally shared, but that will never happen as it opens the door to the big clubs taking ownership of their own channels for good, leaving the “product” weaker for the TV companies.

Whitgord
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 683 times

Post by Whitgord » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:12 pm

I am sure I am not alone in my situation. I was intending to renew my season ticket by the end of March, the end of the original early bird period. I did not do this as we went into lockdown and the tickets went off sale. I cannot buy my season ticket online at the moment. I am not willing to contact the ticket office to force them to take my money now for what I don’t know I am buying. I will be amazed if I do not get the opportunity to renew my season ticket eventually when the club know what they are actually offering me. They will surely offer me the ability to renew (at whatever cost and including my 4 game refund from last season which they still hold for me) before any ballots or whatever come into place. Who else out there is in the same situation as me?
This user liked this post: dsr

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1162 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:24 pm

Whitgord wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:12 pm
I am sure I am not alone in my situation. I was intending to renew my season ticket by the end of March, the end of the original early bird period. I did not do this as we went into lockdown and the tickets went off sale. I cannot buy my season ticket online at the moment. I am not willing to contact the ticket office to force them to take my money now for what I don’t know I am buying. I will be amazed if I do not get the opportunity to renew my season ticket eventually when the club know what they are actually offering me. They will surely offer me the ability to renew (at whatever cost and including my 4 game refund from last season which they still hold for me) before any ballots or whatever come into place. Who else out there is in the same situation as me?
My Dad and I are in the same position. Neither of us is that interested in going back on with a reduced capacity as it's not the same. I have to say I find it really strange they want me to tell them what I want rather than having a set procedure anyone can follow.

I would feel disappointed if I can't pay the current early bird price for the 2021/22 season (if crowds are back) but I also wouldn't be surprised.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3793 times
Has Liked: 12492 times

Post by Leisure » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:29 pm

agreenwood wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:58 pm

Just contact the Ticket Office and they will assist you to renew. What your renewing is your ST for 20/21, which will entitle you to go into the ballot to attend games this season (should fans be allowed back in this season, which is doubtful) and should you not be able to attend any games this season the full value of what you paid will roll over to season 21/22, with a guarantee that you won't have to pay any extra, even if ST prices increase.

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:03 pm

dsr wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:29 pm
If you don't believe we will get a vaccine then why the blazes do you want people to stay in? The only justification for this lockdown is that sooner or later a vaccine will come and we will get back to normal. If there will never be a vaccine then we might as well get out and about and take our chances.

What's the alternative? That we all go to work and go home and do nothing else apart from watch the telly. Then we retire so we don't go to work any more, we never go out, we never see anyone, and we sit there until we die of something else. What's the point? If your sole ambition in life is to keep breathing for as long as possible, then it's a life not worth living IMO.
You learn what works, in this case taking Taiwan as an example. Masks , sanitizer and temp checks being compulsory.

Here you can do as you please.

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1749 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:31 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:04 pm
https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/con ... nds-update

It says on the link "I chose not to renew in the Early Bird period for 20/21 due to the uncertainty surrounding the season can I still retain my seat for the 21/22 campaign? We want to reassure you that your seat will be available to renew. We also fully appreciate that your choice not to renew may have been based upon the uncertainty of the upcoming season back in the early bird renewal window (for 20/21). In such cases we would ask supporters to contact the ticket office team preferably by email and provide an outline of your request and we can talk you through your options on a case by case basis."
Thanks. I’ve just emailed them.

I’m intrigued as to what my “options” might be. I assume one of them will be to pay for a product that currently doesn’t exist.

Burnley87
Been Liked: 116 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Burnley87 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:05 pm

I am disillusioned with Burnley Football club.

The amount of money that is flowing around the premier league has warped the powers that be.

They’ve voted to charge fans £15 to watch matches yet can’t offer refunds without penalties. You can’t have it both ways and to me it stinks along with a lot of things happening on the field.

The one club mentality is fast eroding