Video/Photo Editor

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretDiver
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Video/Photo Editor

Post by ClaretDiver » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:57 pm

Afternoon all,

After some first hand advice....I have a DSLR camera for stills, GoPro 7 for my underwater videography and looking at a drone for Christmas.

I need some ideas of editing software that will cover all uses....so far I have been looking at Adobe Creative Suite and the Cyberlink Director Suite 365....does anybody have any hands on use of the Cyberlink Suite? I have used adobe in the past but it is a lot more expensive than Cyberlink...

kritichris
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Re: Video/Photo Editor

Post by kritichris » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:04 pm

On the photo side I find Photoscape very good. Photoscape X is a bit more professional and Photoscape X Plus is the professional pay for version.
This user liked this post: ClaretDiver

Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:08 pm

I use Corel Paintshop Pro for photos and Nero for videos (and music).

I'm just a home user though, not a professional.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:52 pm

For photos you can’t go far wrong with Gimp https://www.gimp.org/

For video, it depends on what you want to produce, there are some good free packages out there, but I’ve used Premiere from the Adobe suite - which ticks so many boxes. It’s been a few years though, so there may better options now.

PeterWilton
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:46 pm

ClaretDiver wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:57 pm
Afternoon all,

After some first hand advice....I have a DSLR camera for stills, GoPro 7 for my underwater videography and looking at a drone for Christmas.

I need some ideas of editing software that will cover all uses....so far I have been looking at Adobe Creative Suite and the Cyberlink Director Suite 365....does anybody have any hands on use of the Cyberlink Suite? I have used adobe in the past but it is a lot more expensive than Cyberlink...
I use Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop. You can get their entire creative suite for £40 a month if you plan to use it regularly. I'm only paying £20 a month though somehow because when I had a problem with my account in the summer (when I only had photoshop for £10/month) they offered me everything for 20 when at the time it should've been 50. Snapped their a hand off.

You can get a 2 week trial before you have to pay anything, I think, and they're what I'd recommend even over the free alternatives since the amount of free tutorials on YouTube for Adobe products is worth the premium.
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretDiver Zlatan