Nick Pope

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Re: Nick Pope

Post by tiger76 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:01 pm

Petersa wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:21 am
Keeper in FIFA team of the year...Allison Becker

Keeper in PFA team of the year...Nick Pope

Keeper in Mr Southgate's team Jordan Pickford

...therefore GS rates JP ahead of the PFA's choice and the PFA rate NP above FIFA's choice...I know AB isn't available to GS.

Now I confess to having an utter loathing of award ceremonies in general (eg The Oscars leave me cold) and an utter contempt for all things FIFA (IFAB especially) but someone has got it wrong haven't they? I wonder who?
Gareth will only ditch Pickford when he drops a major clanger in a big tournament, unfortunately by then it'll be too late, the problem is that as yet Pickford hasn't done much wrong during his England career, and GS will rightly point out that he's also played his part in 2 England penalty shoot out victories, and like it or not Southgate rates Pickford's distribution at a much higher level than Pope's.

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Re: Nick Pope

Post by dsr » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:30 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:01 pm
Gareth will only ditch Pickford when he drops a major clanger in a big tournament, unfortunately by then it'll be too late, the problem is that as yet Pickford hasn't done much wrong during his England career, and GS will rightly point out that he's also played his part in 2 England penalty shoot out victories, and like it or not Southgate rates Pickford's distribution at a much higher level than Pope's.
Easily solved. By the time of the next finals we'll be allowed 5 normal subs plus 2 concussion subs, and I dare say two extras for extra time. Keep Pickford for penalties.