In Memoriam Game - 3rd January 2021

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32530 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

In Memoriam Game - 3rd January 2021

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:03 pm

It will be different this year with no supporters inside Turf Moor but I approached the club a couple of weeks ago on behalf of Burnley FC Supporters Groups and it has now been confirmed that the In Memoriam game this season will be the Fulham game on 3rd January 2021.

If you know of a Claret who has passed away and you feel you would like their name on the roll of honour (if roll of honour is the correct term) please email InMemoriam@burnleyfc.com with the person's details on or before noon on Saturday 2nd January.

For us this season it will be a case of standing in front of our televisions to remember those who have passed away in the last year.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Re: In Memoriam Game - 3rd January 2021

Post by LoveCurryPies » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:11 pm

I’ve been thinking about this for a few days. Make sure it’s on social media so we can share. It’s so sad most of us can’t be there as their names are read out.

I’ve been wondering if the Country should clap at New Year for everyone who has had to deal (the NHS, the scientists trying to develop a vaccine, the teachers trying to teach online, the delivery drivers, the undertakers, the cleaners, those whose businesses had to close, so many more) with this and for the 65,000 people we have lost to coronavirus. That is equivalent to everyone in Burnley dying.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:39 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:11 pm
I’ve been thinking about this for a few days. Make sure it’s on social media so we can share. It’s so sad most of us can’t be there as their names are read out.

I’ve been wondering if the Country should clap at New Year for everyone who has had to deal (the NHS, the scientists trying to develop a vaccine, the teachers trying to teach online, the delivery drivers, the undertakers, the cleaners, those whose businesses had to close, so many more) with this and for the 65,000 people we have lost to coronavirus. That is equivalent to everyone in Burnley dying.
It's affected so many lives this year. I attended a funeral just two days ago that was a COVID death although I think all the virus did was bring it about earlier and it was a neighbour who actually conducted the funeral service.

As for the club one, I've always been the supporter contact for it and I spoke to the club just over a week ago about it. I know it will be different but those of us who have gone in the last year deserve to be remembered just as those have in the previous years.
This user liked this post: LoveCurryPies

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:21 pm

Just a reminder of our In Memoriam which will be a week tomorrow - names to InMemoriam@burnleyfc.com by noon on Sat 2nd Jan.

In Memoriam.jpg
In Memoriam.jpg (23.53 KiB) Viewed 306 times