Fulham game off

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2004 times
Has Liked: 3346 times

Re: Fulham game off

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:36 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:27 pm
Half the people don’t even know what the rules are, tier 3 tier 4 it makes no sense to some people & distinguishing the differences are an alien concept, people are far too busy & just can’t be arsed to understand, right or wrong that’s just the way things are.
What footballers can and cannot do in the current situation will have been made absolutely crystal clear by their respective clubs. Players who contravene that are doing it deliberately and willfully and should face some disciplinary action, either internal or external, but probably both, primarily because of the knock on effects of their stupid actions which causes so many waves. I can only imagine how incandescent Sky are right now and how hot their direct phone line is to the PL!!
This user liked this post: Leisure

DuckworthsEA
Been Liked: 45 times

Post by DuckworthsEA » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:03 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:09 pm
Nonsense tbf, just because someone tests positive it doesn’t mean they’ve not followed guidelines. Not to mention the guidelines are rubbish too, no meeting others but you can cram 500 kids into one school, makes sense Boris.

Schools should be the first place closed given the size and little toddlers don’t even know what social distancing means. We can’t social distance inside an open roof football stadium but you can cram into shops.

You could enter pubs and restaurants but only until 10pm was one of my personal favourites, like COVID only appears after 10pm. The whole thing is rubbish and has been handled so poorly from the very top.
In your opinion the general rules are rubbish but what has that got to do with the fact this thread was to discuss the game against Fulham being postponed?

When your players are photographed breaking the rules, and your squad is rife with the virus, playing the ‘we could have caught it anywhere’ card can’t really be played. Can it?

Leisure
Been Liked: 3793 times
Has Liked: 12492 times

Post by Leisure » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:31 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:35 pm
On the basis that out of 22 players I wouldn't be surprised if one of them has broken the rules over the festive period.
And I wouldn't be surprised if you're wrong.

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:33 pm

As ever, the minority destroys it for the majority..........they shouldn’t be sacked (cis no doubt some other oligarc fc will simply sign them), but should withhold pay, and make the silly fkrs wear “D’ked’ on the back of their shirts next time they run out.....

bfcmatt
Been Liked: 130 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by bfcmatt » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:40 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:09 pm
Nonsense tbf, just because someone tests positive it doesn’t mean they’ve not followed guidelines. Not to mention the guidelines are rubbish too, no meeting others but you can cram 500 kids into one school, makes sense Boris.

Schools should be the first place closed given the size and little toddlers don’t even know what social distancing means. We can’t social distance inside an open roof football stadium but you can cram into shops.

You could enter pubs and restaurants but only until 10pm was one of my personal favourites, like COVID only appears after 10pm. The whole thing is rubbish and has been handled so poorly from the very top.
I couldn't agree more, the schools often have upwards of 1000 kids in them, the school i work is was like a battle site at times, it is also putting all the staff at a much higher risk of contracting Covid. I understand that education is important but so is people's health. how it can be safer to have this amount of people in one building for 6 1/2 hours every day than a similar amount of people spaced out in an open air venue for 2 hours is beyond me. a large amount of the decisions that have been made are puzzling at best.

summitclaret
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1330 times

Post by summitclaret » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:44 pm

Time to shut the schools for a while. Once things get back to normal, they should be open 9 to 5. I'd make it a permanent change.

This year, I'd half the summer holidays as well, to enable catch up.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6958 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:52 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:31 pm
And I wouldn't be surprised if you're wrong.
How can I be wrong? I just said I wouldn't be surprised if one of our players had broken the rules. The only way I'd be wrong is if it transpired that one of our players had broken the rules and it turned out that I was in fact surprised.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:59 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:36 pm
What footballers can and cannot do in the current situation will have been made absolutely crystal clear by their respective clubs. Players who contravene that are doing it deliberately and willfully and should face some disciplinary action, either internal or external, but probably both, primarily because of the knock on effects of their stupid actions which causes so many waves. I can only imagine how incandescent Sky are right now and how hot their direct phone line is to the PL!!
I see your point & I agree 100% I was actually talking about the whole population not necessarily footballers, you would have thought that all the individual clubs with players breaching the Covid regulations that some sort of in-house disciplinary actions would be implemented, there’s no excuse really & it’s unfathomable to work out an explanation one that makes any logical sense anyhow, my earlier comment was more aimed towards the general population as a whole entity.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 700 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:22 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:36 pm
Hi Dark cloud, you don't know how right you are when you say Sky on on the phone to the PL.

I was in a pub once with the director of communications when Martin O'Neil was supposed to be live on air giving an interview, M O'Neil is, apparently, a complete K@#$. Abuse doesn't even come close to the description flying about between the concerned parties trying to get him out of the dressing room to give his arranged interview. You cannot even imagine the cost of transmitting just a short interview around the world and the implications involved.

Untinted Glasses
Been Liked: 132 times
Has Liked: 152 times

Post by Untinted Glasses » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:33 am

Bigvince wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:45 pm
Is that 81’s older brother?
Did you mean younger (H)?

HunterST_BFC
Been Liked: 1402 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by HunterST_BFC » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:40 am

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... se-piglet/

Robbie Savage there to...

just kidding
look right

Bigvince
Been Liked: 937 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:34 am

Untinted Glasses wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:33 am
Did you mean younger (H)?
No the 81 will be his birthyear, Edward Ian ?
This user liked this post: Untinted Glasses

Untinted Glasses
Been Liked: 132 times
Has Liked: 152 times

Post by Untinted Glasses » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:37 am

Bigvince wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:34 am
No the 81 will be his birthyear, Edward Ian ?
Ah I thought you was struggling seeing 81 was higher than 61 lol.
This user liked this post: Bigvince

Bigvince
Been Liked: 937 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:44 am

👍