Bye Bye Bootham Crescent.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1754 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Re: Bye Bye Bootham Crescent.

Post by Herts Clarets » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:43 am

KlyBfc wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:24 pm
My first away game had been the previous March at York (2-0 defeat) which I have never forgotten, some bloke accidentally scolded me with bovril.
I went to that one too in a car with a 3 mates and a girl the driver was trying to impress (CTID - the driver was Whisky in his gold Opel Manta). We had all been out the night before so were somewhat delicate but as ever the beers were open in the car. We got as far as the Stone Trough in Kelbrook before the first obligatory toilet stop. I remember 3 of us lined up against a hedge and an old dear cycling past us with a look of disgust :lol:

We stopped in a pub on the way and i had a letter just received from an ex who had dumped me the previous summer for no reason, asking for another chance. Thankfully it was a traditional type pub and the letter briefly provided a small amount of fuel for the open fire :D

We were behind the goal close to the fence at this game and i remember a copper at the front from Sunderland who kept reminding us about the choice of language we were using. He eventually gave up with a comment on the lines of watching this every week would make even the Pope swear! Nearly 30 years on and i can remember so much detail of the day out, including being so drunk when i was dropped off i fell out of the car, but i had to look up the result of the game. Back then the day out with your mates and the scrapes we got into were far more memorable than the football that was served up.

Oh and it wasn't me with the Bovril :shock:
This user liked this post: KlyBfc

turfytopper
Been Liked: 408 times
Has Liked: 3421 times

Re: Bye Bye Bootham Crescent.

Post by turfytopper » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:19 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:51 pm
Time for a winner maybe
Just time...... ;-)
This user liked this post: ClaretTony