Young Clarets Mumbongo

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Re: Young Clarets Mumbongo

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:44 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:22 pm
How it started......

How it finished.....

AB168747-F81A-4D7F-A191-CA1EE12AE832.jpeg
He didn’t go anywhere and there were no FORMAL OFFERS? So how are making a point here?

get stuck in tracy
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by get stuck in tracy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:14 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:09 pm
I agree if anything he looks out of place and clumsy - hope I am proved wrong
He did a bit but I remember Charlie Austins debut, Diving Boots comes to mind

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2604 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:22 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:44 pm
He didn’t go anywhere and there were no FORMAL OFFERS? So how are making a point here?
He didn't go anywhere, because Sean Dyche wanted a player who wouldn't take shirts off people in league 2 to remain at the club...... is that a fair summary of your argument?
Last edited by dandeclaret on Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:35 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:22 pm
He didn't go anywhere, because Sean Dyche wanted a player who wouldn't take shirts of people in league 2 to remain at the club...... is that a fair summary of your argument?

If Daniel says there weren't any formal offers for him then he will be right, his track record is spot on. He was first to break the McNeil & Tarks leaving before they left along with the signing of Phil Jones ages before he signed.
These 2 users liked this post: dandeclaret Bosscat

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:01 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
He didn't go anywhere, because Sean Dyche wanted a player who wouldn't take shirts off people in league 2 to remain at the club...... is that a fair summary of your argument?
[/quote

He’s not good enough to play consistently in the premier league, championship, or league one. Therefore he hasn’t gone out on loan to any of those levels. He’s not technically good enough, he’s not positionally good enough, and he’s not physically good enough. He’s got pace and offers something others don’t in they regard.

He was likely kept as there was strong interest in Vydra and if Wood wasn’t injured I’m sure Vydra would’ve gone out. Dyche is pragmatic.

He’s a young kid, who’s adjusting to two different cultures in his short professional career. I hope he can develop the attributes above to a level that lets him have a professional career, but at the moment it doesn’t seem on showing that he will at this level or those below.

Interest isn’t an offer, there wasn’t an OFFER to take him at that level.

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:02 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:35 pm
If Daniel says there weren't any formal offers for him then he will be right, his track record is spot on. He was first to break the McNeil & Tarks leaving before they left along with the signing of Phil Jones ages before he signed.
🤦🏻🤦🏻

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:04 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
After reading posts and your ‘likes’ you’re obviously not my biggest fan, so let’s agree to disagree.

This board is full of half wits, I am happy that you think of me as such. It’ll give you a little warm feeling of winning 👍🏼

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32553 times
Has Liked: 5284 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:07 pm

DCWat wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:14 pm
It’ll be really interesting to see how he develops.

I’ve only seen his two fleeting appearances but in those there were flashes of raw quality interspersed with the sort of inexperience that you might see from someone playing the game for the first time.

There’s definitely some potential in there, alongside his pace and strength. If we can smooth the very rough edges and he develops well, we might just have a player on our hands.

He’s a hell of a long way to go, which would be explained by him coming late to the game (I think I’m correct in saying that), which is why we should be giving him time and certainly not getting on his back if he doesn’t always perform when given chances.
I don't think he's come into the game late - he came through in Sweden and then moved to Hellas Verona. He was a youth player with Swedish clubs. I have to agree with Leisure's surprise in seeing him in the first team squad. Like Leisure, I was anything but impressed with what I saw from him in the u23s but there again it is now approaching 11 months since I saw them play and any player can develop substantially in that time.

The one thing he had that I saw was his pace but he does seem to have developed more strength from what I've seen in the couple of short sub appearances he's made. Sean Dyche has decided he wants to keep him with the firs team squad so that is something really positive when I'm sure we could have got him out on loan. I really hope he does well and good luck to him.
These 2 users liked this post: Burnleyareback2 ecc

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 994 times

Post by MrTopTier » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:51 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:07 pm
I don't think he's come into the game late - he came through in Sweden and then moved to Hellas Verona. He was a youth player with Swedish clubs. I have to agree with Leisure's surprise in seeing him in the first team squad. Like Leisure, I was anything but impressed with what I saw from him in the u23s but there again it is now approaching 11 months since I saw them play and any player can develop substantially in that time.

The one thing he had that I saw was his pace but he does seem to have developed more strength from what I've seen in the couple of short sub appearances he's made. Sean Dyche has decided he wants to keep him with the firs team squad so that is something really positive when I'm sure we could have got him out on loan. I really hope he does well and good luck to him.
Think the improvement in development will be down to coaching, however I am sure I read that he had a serious knee injury, so whilst his straight line speed was were it was expected, his ability to turn and bend his runs limited his progression, if people are saying his strength has improved, then this will undoubtedly have helped his running and in turn his development, which may explain the progression in the last 12 months, good news for him and the club.

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:15 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:01 pm
Spot the difference
On the second photo.

No ball, this is taken at turf moor, no crowd, no opposition player, the kick has been taken, no adverts on the shirt, hooped socks, white shorts and two Burnley players.

Crikey that wasn't hard.

ecc
Been Liked: 1442 times
Has Liked: 1290 times

Post by ecc » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:20 pm

As you say Tony, SD must see something positive about the lad. He's watching him in training every day and, presummably, in our U23 games (in situ or on video) in addition to Steve Stone's comments. We can but hope.