Post match interviews v Fulham

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11035 times
Has Liked: 5647 times

Post match interviews v Fulham

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:37 pm

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11035 times
Has Liked: 5647 times

Re: Post match interviews v Fulham

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:02 pm

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 977 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:50 pm

Following yet another fruitless transfer window many of us stated that it would take just a few injuries for us to be down to the bare bones, with kids and goalkeepers filling the bench just as they were towards the end of the last campaign. Sean Dyche acknowledges the position the club is in but fails to try and rectify it when the transfer windows come around.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1830 times
Has Liked: 2624 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:04 pm

It is all so easy when you are sat at home and don't have a clue about exactly what is going on.

Modern society dictates that so many people can do a better job than the one holding the post and that does not just relate to footnall!
Question is:- Why, if all these people can do a better job, are they sat at home finding fault? Surely they should be out in the world doing the job!

Just to add, kenton, this is not aimed at you personally, it is a comment based on years and years of listening to people who can always do things better but have never ventured into the area in which they claim to be so knowledgeable.
These 3 users liked this post: diamondpocket conyoviejo fidelcastro

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:15 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:50 pm
Following yet another fruitless transfer window many of us stated that it would take just a few injuries for us to be down to the bare bones, with kids and goalkeepers filling the bench just as they were towards the end of the last campaign. Sean Dyche acknowledges the position the club is in but fails to try and rectify it when the transfer windows come around.
Sean Dyche doesn't sign the cheques does he, I have no doubt he'll want to strengthen the squad, but he can only work with the resources he's given can't he, now let's wait and see what develops in the summer window, when the new owners will have had a real chance to put their imprint on the club.

And despite all our injury worries, it looks like we'll be able to maintain our PL status for yet another season, which is all we can realistically expect at this level given the available resources.
This user liked this post: diamondpocket

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:32 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:50 pm
Mr Dyche has been telling anyone who will listen what he wants and we need for the last 2 if not 3 seasons

But remember our previous owner was a massive fan, was safeguarding the club, and 100% definitely not looking after his own financial interests in that time.

However what is done is done, just need the miracle worker to keep working miracles and we should be fine.

TheClaret
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by TheClaret » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:58 am

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:04 pm
It is all so easy when you are sat at home and don't have a clue about exactly what is going on.

Modern society dictates that so many people can do a better job than the one holding the post and that does not just relate to footnall!
Question is:- Why, if all these people can do a better job, are they sat at home finding fault? Surely they should be out in the world doing the job!

Just to add, kenton, this is not aimed at you personally, it is a comment based on years and years of listening to people who can always do things better but have never ventured into the area in which they claim to be so knowledgeable.
Absolutely nonsense post. People judge people by the level there at. Obviously we can’t do the same job as them but we are judging them at the level there at
Take Audly Harrison as an example. How many people mocked him and said he was crap? At any other level but world he would wipe the floor with people, a very good boxer, just not at world level.
So whilst I make comments saying “Brady is crap” I’m judging him at the level he’s at. Obviously if he was to rock up at townley on a Sunday morning against some pub teams I’d be saying “wow that guys amazing”. So don’t think of a fan has to be a world class player before he can be a critic. That’s not how it works

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3156 times
Has Liked: 6743 times

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:53 am

You can't sign players if you have no money.
What I do find odd is that SD was kicking up about in when MG was chairman, but seems to accept it now.

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:58 am

TheClaret wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:58 am
Absolutely nonsense post. People judge people by the level there at. Obviously we can’t do the same job as them but we are judging them at the level there at
Take Audly Harrison as an example. How many people mocked him and said he was crap? At any other level but world he would wipe the floor with people, a very good boxer, just not at world level.
So whilst I make comments saying “Brady is crap” I’m judging him at the level he’s at. Obviously if he was to rock up at townley on a Sunday morning against some pub teams I’d be saying “wow that guys amazing”. So don’t think of a fan has to be a world class player before he can be a critic. That’s not how it works
I am sorry that you have totally missed the point, not to worry, life goes on.
This user liked this post: conyoviejo

COBBLE
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 472 times

Post by COBBLE » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:18 pm

It may just be me but I thought Scott Parker's pre match interview on Sky was a bit arrogant. Shame he seemed a very honest, cultured player. They were lucky to get a point and he should have said "thank you."

corporal jones
Been Liked: 96 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by corporal jones » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:11 pm

They were lucky to get a point and he should have said "thank you."

Not sure which game you were watching but I thought it could have gone either way. Other than the goal we didnt threaten too much second half and when Lookman received the balll in the box in the last minute.......

corporal jones
Been Liked: 96 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by corporal jones » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:36 pm

on the Parker post match interview: yet another manager who comes out with "we knew what to expect" and "the way Burnley play" stuff. I'm convinced that they dont even watch our games as they think they dont need too.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1239 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:41 pm

They all know how we play, allegedly, and very few can stop it. The ball is out of play a lot so that’s our fault of course. I assume he watched us at Palace in the previous game...

The object is to win games Scotty lad and for a team that plays it around like Barcelona you have won 3 times all season...
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1664 times
Has Liked: 2974 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:45 pm

I didn't take Parker's comments as meant to be insulting, in fact I actually thought he was quite astute in saying "Burnley make the game like that". This is real testament to our ability to make the game what we want it to be like rather than what the opposition want it to be like. That has to be a major strength. We are masters at this I think and it explains why very few teams are good enough to play fluent football against us. I mean how many times do you watch a team on TV and think "bloody hell this lot are good , they will tear us apart next week" but it then very rarely happens.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1239 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:52 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:45 pm
how many times do you watch a team on TV and think "bloody hell this lot are good , they will tear us apart next week" but it then very rarely happens.
When I watch Man City...and that’s pretty much it tbh. Agree that the comments are probably a back handed compliment to an extent but this is a key area where we have a better manager tbh...i.e one who limits his views on opposition tactics/approach to focus on what we can do.

Quite a good few other managers seem more bothered with what we can and can’t do rather than their own team tbh

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:46 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:52 pm
When I watch Man City...and that’s pretty much it tbh. Agree that the comments are probably a back handed compliment to an extent but this is a key area where we have a better manager tbh...i.e one who limits his views on opposition tactics/approach to focus on what we can do.

Quite a good few other managers seem more bothered with what we can and can’t do rather than their own team tbh
Long may it continue! We know what we are and, although a lot of our fans don't like the way that we play, we get results more often than not against our close competitors.