Season Ticket Question

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
beddie
Been Liked: 1383 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Re: Season Ticket Question

Post by beddie » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:41 pm

Leisure. Im getting myself mixed up with it all. I realise now I'd got it wrong. Thank you again and thanks also for your reply wilks.
These 2 users liked this post: wilks_bfc Leisure

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:20 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:50 pm
Hi Beddie - Were you expecting there to be some points on your Teamcard? Teamcard points are accrued by spending money in the shop, although the club did put people's credit on there from the missing 4 games of last season if they didn't ask for a refund.
And there's another possible bone of contention. The original idea as I remember it was to give cash refunds if applied for or put on teamcards if not applied for, to be used against future season ticket purchases. Now that another year has gone by and circumstances have changed, are they going to be awkward about cash refunds for people who no longer want a season ticket?

Yearofthefox
Been Liked: 16 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Yearofthefox » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:02 am

Me and wife renewed ours as normal from on account but no one will answer at what phase we can change seats at the club. Does anyone know when it is?

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:14 am

Yearofthefox wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:02 am
Me and wife renewed ours as normal from on account but no one will answer at what phase we can change seats at the club. Does anyone know when it is?
Doubt it ... give em a chance to sort the tickets debacle 🤣

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12363 times

Post by Leisure » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:10 am

Yearofthefox wrote:
No date announced yet but it'll obviously be sometime after Phase 2 has ended.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1780 times
Has Liked: 1777 times

Post by dougcollins » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:02 am

I distinctly remember the official site saying that 21-22 season tickets will be reserved until June 21. In fact, that message is still there.

I now find myself on holiday with no email access, and (apparently) no new Clarets account. And I have just become aware of a deadline of 23 April. I paid for my season ticket in full prior to the 20-21 season.

What will actually happen if I miss the 23 April deadline?

claretblue
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 961 times

Post by claretblue » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:03 am

Yearofthefox wrote:
here is the advice from the club Yotf (frequently asked questions):
I want to swap my seat for 2021/2022 season - what advice would you give? Due to the complex nature of this year’s season ticket sales, we are unable to offer supporters the opportunity to change seats in Phase 1.

If you are registered as a disabled supporter with the club, or need to change seats to meet your accessible needs, please email our accessibility team..

However, if you are not eligible to purchase your season ticket until Phase 2 of the renewals, you will be able to select an alternative seat from the stadium which has not been reserved by a season ticket holder. Your original season ticket will automatically release when the stadium ‘cleardown’ is completed.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:05 am

No old tickets or confirmation so start again!

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:07 am

Grumps wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:05 pm
Supporters didn't need to know at that time

We were informed in December, I updated my friend and family then, which meant my renewal for those season tickets went smoothly last week.
Yes they did need to know, or should have been informed. And you didn't update your family and friends in December.

The simple fact is, we know the whole story of this because Leisure has been dealing with it and the club's Data Protection Officer got it wrong. He told us that it wasn't permitted to add friends and family under GDPR but then he found it was so re-added it.

But never is there a situation of supporters not needing to know.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:11 am

claretblue wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:03 am
here is the advice from the club Yotf (frequently asked questions):

However, if you are not eligible to purchase your season ticket until Phase 2 of the renewals, you will be able to select an alternative seat from the stadium which has not been reserved by a season ticket holder. Your original season ticket will automatically release when the stadium ‘cleardown’ is completed.
Also to be found on the club's website

We value your support now, more than ever, and guarantee that whatever decision you make, your seat for the 2021/22 season will continue to be reserved until June 2021

So those purchasing in phase 2 surely can't swap to a seat not claimed in phase 1, or certainly not until June.

dougcollins

Post by dougcollins » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:15 am

Tony, so what will happen if I'm unable to do anything prior to 23 April?

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:28 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:07 am
Yes they did need to know, or should have been informed. And you didn't update your family and friends in December.

The simple fact is, we know the whole story of this because Leisure has been dealing with it and the club's Data Protection Officer got it wrong. He told us that it wasn't permitted to add friends and family under GDPR but then he found it was so re-added it.

But never is there a situation of supporters not needing to know.
I updated my friend's and family on 12th December 2020... 100%fact

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:37 am

dougcollins wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:15 am
Tony, so what will happen if I'm unable to do anything prior to 23 April?
Depends which article you read I suppose. We've been told June until our seats would no longer be guaranteed, then a week or so ago we were told 23rd May but this latest posted on here suggests earlier than that. To be honest I don't have a clue any more, it's a different story every week.

dougcollins

Post by dougcollins » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:16 pm

Seems hardly fair that they can keep my money for all that time - a period in which I've never bothered the club- but they then can introduce a deadline with basically a weeks' notice.

I can't deal with this where I am as I don't have my email password - I'm on holiday, it's got work stuff on, and I had no intention of opening it. So it looks like the club are able to keep my money for an indefinite period, raise an arbitrary short notice deadline, and then raise the price I have to pay because I've missed the deadline?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:20 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:16 pm
Seems hardly fair that they can keep my money for all that time - a period in which I've never bothered the club- but they then can introduce a deadline with basically a weeks' notice.

I can't deal with this where I am as I don't have my email password - I'm on holiday, it's got work stuff on, and I had no intention of opening it. So it looks like the club are able to keep my money for an indefinite period, raise an arbitrary short notice deadline, and then raise the price I have to pay because I've missed the deadline?
It's certainly been very poor - I'd email the club via the SLO if I were you and explain the situation.
This user liked this post: Leisure

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:21 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:02 am
I distinctly remember the official site saying that 21-22 season tickets will be reserved until June 21. In fact, that message is still there.

I now find myself on holiday with no email access, and (apparently) no new Clarets account. And I have just become aware of a deadline of 23 April. I paid for my season ticket in full prior to the 20-21 season.

What will actually happen if I miss the 23 April deadline?
From the club website -

If I don't renew my seat on or before the 23rd April 2021 (for Phase 1), will my seat still be offered to me at the frozen price I secured from 2020/2021? To guarantee your frozen price offer, you would need to renew online by the given dates. The seat will revert to the next applicable pricing band after this date.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6901 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:24 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:16 pm

What is preventing you from accessing your emails? Surely there is a solution?

dougcollins

Post by dougcollins » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:27 pm

I've never used that email account on the phone I have with me, and the password for the email account is obscure and I don't have it with me.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:28 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:27 pm
I've never used that email account on the phone I have with me, and the password for the email account is obscure and I don't have it with me.
Use the ‘I’ve forgotten my password’ button and set a new password.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:32 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:07 am

Not only me, but I'd suggest many more did when they read the club website on 14th December telling them how to do it

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/con ... ur-details

dougcollins

Post by dougcollins » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:40 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:28 pm
Use the ‘I’ve forgotten my password’ button and set a new password.
Where will the password reset message be sent?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:48 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:40 pm
Where will the password reset message be sent?
I don’t know who your email provider is but I suspect you will need to answer a couple of security questions or verify using your mobile number or similar. Give it a try.
This user liked this post: dougcollins

Stevie2112
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 473 times

Post by Stevie2112 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:04 pm

Stevie2112 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:02 pm
Will do
Eventually,the bloke in the ticket office sorted it all out for us,so we now have our seats as normal.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 857 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by scouseclaret » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:05 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:33 am
The big red message shows when people don't have a ST at present and, therefore, don't have any money on their a count but I presume that's not your situation? Your Teamcard is -

Your TeamCard
More about the TeamCard system how it can be used at the turnstiles, in the retail store to build up reward points and accessed online.

Prior to the 2020/21 season Burnley Football Club operated a 'TeamCard' access control system (turnstile entry card) this card could also be swiped in store and used to collect TeamCard points with every spend in our retail store at Turf Moor. These points could then be used in our retail store as a discount against your retail purchase and even as a discount against your next season ticket.

WHAT IS TEAMCARD

'TeamCard' is a system that incorporates both access control to Turf Moor (for you to use to gain entry to your turnstile) and a way to gain retail spend rewards combined in one card.

TERMS USED ON THIS PAGE

'SeasonCard' refers to the actual plastic credit card sized card you were issued by the ticket office (this is an access card to get on the match, its to be used in our retail store and can be used to spend and gain reward points these are then adjusted and accumulate on your TeamCard account)

'TeamCard registered SeasonCard' the plastic card that is registered with Team Card online.

'TeamCard Fob' is a smaller version of the credit card sized SeasonCard and enables you to collect and spend in our retail store , but will NOT grant you access at the turnstiles.

'TeamCard account' your online account where you can veiw the amount of retail reward points you have accumulated.

'Season ticket or match ticket' is referring to the type of match ticket you have purchased.

'Season ticket / ticketing loyalty points' are not discussed on this page, but you can read more here - ticketing loyalty points

SEASON TICKET RENEWALS

The whole of the following section refers to processes prior to the 2020 /2021 season

Season ticket renewals: keeping my seat

If you already have a SeasonCard and would like keep your current seat when you renew, all you need to do is pay for your new season. This new season will then be uploaded onto your existing SeasonCard ticket account, and will grant you entry to Turf Moor.

If you pay for your season ticket with cash, credit/debit card or cheque, you will need to renew your season ticket annually. We will announce renewal periods on the club website, our email newsletters and our social media channels.

If you choose the Direct Debit scheme to pay for your season ticket, you will not have to renew in the future. We will contact you every season with any changes of price, but your season ticket will auto renew.

Season ticket renewals: changing my seat

If you already have a SeasonCard but would like to change your seat when you renew, you have two options:

Speak to the Turf Moor Ticket Office when you are ready to renew and they will let you know of the other seats available to you. Once you have chosen a new seat, you will be given a new SeasonCard (your old one will no longer be valid).

Renew your current seat as normal and then wait until ‘seats swap week’ is announced (after the Early Bird season ticket period ends). During seat swaps week, you will be able to switch your renewed seat to any available in the stadium, including any non-renewed seats. Once you have chosen a new seat, you will be given a new SeasonCard (your old one will no longer be valid).

If you pay for your season ticket with cash, credit/debit card or cheque, you will need to renew your season ticket annually. We will announce renewal periods on the club website, our email newsletters and our social media channels.

If you choose the Direct Debit scheme to pay for your season ticket, you will not have to renew in the future. We will contact you every season with any changes of price, but your season ticket will auto renew.

YOUR SEASONCARD, ACCESS CONTROL & TEAMCARD POINTS

How do TeamCard points work?

Collecting points: Your SeasonCard will be active as soon as you receive it - you will be able to gain access to your purchased matches and begin building up TeamCard points when you purchase retail items at the Clarets Store. Each time you make a purchase at the Clarets Store at Turf Moor, Clarets Store at Charter Walk in Burnley (on retail items), you will collect points if you present your TeamCard registered SeasonCard. TeamCard points will only be collected when you purchase retail items from Burnley Football Club, unless otherwise stated. TeamCard points will not collected when purchasing season tickets or matchday tickets at the current time

For every £1 you spend on retail items, you will receive 10 TeamCard points.

We have select ‘TeamCard matchdays’ and events throughout the season when additional TeamCard points can be collected - these will be advertised on our website.

Spending points:

Once you have collected TeamCard points (these are loaded onto your SeasonCard), you can choose to spend these to discount your next purchase at Turf Moor in our retail store or in the ticket office. Currenlty these transcations must be completed face to face (or it is possible over the phone in the ticket office case on request)

Every point is worth 1p to spend at Burnley Football Club against retail store merchandise or a season ticket.

TeamCard points can also be spent at the Turf Moor ticket office towards the cost of your season ticket renewal, or at either of the Clarets Stores against retail items.

For example, if you had 1000 points (£10) you could spend these to reduce the cost of your next season ticket.

Please note: TeamCard points cannot be used against individual matchdays unless otherwise stated.

What your collected points are worth:

Points Collected Spend Value
100 £1
500 £5
1000 £10
2000 £20
5000 £50
10000 £100
25000 £250
When can I collect TeamCard points?

You can only collect TeamCard points at the time of purchase by having your TeamCard registered SeasonCard scanned at the till-point. Points will not be added for previous purchases at the club, or if you forget your TeamCard registered SeasonCard.

How can I check how many TeamCard points I have?

Register your TeamCard registered SeasonCard - you will then be shown your TeamCard points total.

Your total points will be available online at www.myteamcard.co.uk once you have registered your TeamCard.

What if I forget my TeamCard registered SeasonCard on a matchday?

Correct for 2019/20 season - you can get a replacement paper ticket for that game from the Turf Moor ticket office, who will then deactivate your TeamCard for that game.

Please note: there is a £5 charge for this

What if I lose my TeamCard registered SeasonCard?

Correct for 2019/20 season - Please contact the Turf Moor Ticket Office as soon as possible who will deactivate your TeamCard registered SeasonCard so it cannot be used by anyone else. A replacement TeamCard registered SeasonCard is £25.

Can someone else use my TeamCard registered SeasonCard to enter Turf Moor on matchday?

Cards are transferable within the same age category and in lower categories. You cannot transfer the card to a higher age /price bracket unless you pay the upgrade payments, where applicable, as outlined. There are no downgrade refunds. The card remains the responsibility of the owner. Free under 10 tickets in the Family stand are not transferable. For queries, please contact the Turf Moor ticket office on a non-matchday on 01282 446800.

How do I upgrade my TeamCard registered SeasonCard for a game? Correct for season 2019/21 - Season ticket holders and individual matchday purchasers may ‘upgrade’ their seat during the season for example (under 12 to adult). This can be done before to the game by presenting your card or ticket at the ticket office, based at Turf Moor. The deadline to complete this upgrade is 1 hour before kick-off. We are unable to complete upgrades over the telephone. Tickets cannot be upgraded online.

What happens if I am rejected entry to Turf Moor?

If the unlikely situation occurs where there is a technical fault with your TeamCard registered seasonCard, you will be asked to return to the ticket office who will provide you with a paper ticket to gain entry.

Fans are reminded that to attempt to enter Turf Moor using someone else’s card, without the club's permission or under the incorrect price band, is a fraudulent offence.

Anyone who would like to upgrade their Teamcard registered SeasonCard must do by close of business the day before matchday.

Anyone found to be attempting to enter Turf Moor under the incorrect price band on a matchday will be asked to report to the Turf Moor Ticket Office, pay the full cost for the correct price band season or matchday ticket plus an additional charge of £5. Until this process is complete, you will not be granted access to Turf Moor.

Do TeamCard points expire and if so, when?

From 1st July 2019, you can begin collecting TeamCard points for the 2019/2020 season, which will in turn collect up until 30th June 2020. At this point, you will have up until 1st April 2021 to use your points before they expire*

*Update Feb 2021 - please note that the Club will extend the expiry date of the TeamCard points gathered in the 2019/20 season beyond the 1st April 2021 deadline mentioned above. We recognise that supporters have had restrictions placed upon the ability to use these points so we want to reassure all supporters that we will give you ample chance to use these points. Once we have further information regarding the extended expiry dates we will publish an update on this webpage. If you have further questions regarding expiry dates then please contact us.

Your total points will be available online at www.myteamcard.co.uk once you have registered your TeamCard.

What can I do with a TeamCard keyfob?

You are unable to gain access to the turnstiles with your TeamCard keyfob. You will still need to have either a TeamCard registered SeasonCard or a matchday ticket with barcode.

TeamCard Fobs are available from the Clarets Store and the ticket office when you make a purchase. The keyfob allows you build up points with TeamCard, which can then be used to discount future purchases at the Clarets Store or from the cost of a season ticket.

For current TeamCard registered SeasonCard holders, fobs can also be linked to your current TeamCard registered SeasonCard and be used in its place when making purchases at the Clarets Store.

Please note: February 2021

Burnley Football Club is in the process of reveiwing some of the use of this system in the stadium and store (use of the plastic cards). We are doing this as we are required to comply with revised stadium operations which must comply with national COVID-19 regulations. We will publish a clear outline of any changes for the 2021/22 season in our ticketing pages of this website, social media channels and newsletters.
Thanks Leisure.

As regards my son's ticket, I think I understand what the problem is. As U-10 tickets are free, they were obviously not part of the direct debit scheme and do not, therefore, auto-renew (although I've never understood why it couldn't be "tagged" to my ticket). In previous seasons I have always had to phone the club to manually renew his ticket. Things being how they were this time last year, I never bothered last season, so presumably he's no longer registered as a season ticket holder. I'll contact the club this week to find out what I need to do - presmably his old seat next to mine will still be avaialable. (It also begs the question how can this happen, given that I'm not supposed to hold a JMU ticket without a child's ticket attached!)

As for the rest, just - wow! I like to thnk of myself as a man of reasonable inteligence, but that's totally inpenetrable. Maybe I'm just being impatient, but if something as simple as a loyalty points system requires this level of explanation, surely there is somethig wrong with the system!

However, I think I've boilded it down to two simple quastions:

1. Is the Teamcard an actual, tangible, "thing"? There seems to some reference to a "fob" in those notes, but I've never seen anything like that. Obviously I haven't been in the club shop for a good while (not living locally).

2. Where on the website can I see my "Teamcard" balance? There's a section called "On Account" which is now showing a nil balance after I renewed my season ticket, and a Loyalty Points balance, but I don't think that's the same thing.

Thanks again for your help.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:14 pm

scouseclaret wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:05 pm
Thanks Leisure.

As regards my son's ticket, I think I understand what the problem is. As U-10 tickets are free, they were obviously not part of the direct debit scheme and do not, therefore, auto-renew (although I've never understood why it couldn't be "tagged" to my ticket). In previous seasons I have always had to phone the club to manually renew his ticket. Things being how they were this time last year, I never bothered last season, so presumably he's no longer registered as a season ticket holder. I'll contact the club this week to find out what I need to do - presmably his old seat next to mine will still be avaialable. (It also begs the question how can this happen, given that I'm not supposed to hold a JMU ticket without a child's ticket attached!)

As for the rest, just - wow! I like to thnk of myself as a man of reasonable inteligence, but that's totally inpenetrable. Maybe I'm just being impatient, but if something as simple as a loyalty points system requires this level of explanation, surely there is somethig wrong with the system!

However, I think I've boilded it down to two simple quastions:

1. Is the Teamcard an actual, tangible, "thing"? There seems to some reference to a "fob" in those notes, but I've never seen anything like that. Obviously I haven't been in the club shop for a good while (not living locally).

2. Where on the website can I see my "Teamcard" balance? There's a section called "On Account" which is now showing a nil balance after I renewed my season ticket, and a Loyalty Points balance, but I don't think that's the same thing.

Thanks again for your help.
1. Teamcard and Season Card are names for the same piece of plastic which you use to gain entry to matches.

2. How can I check how many TeamCard points I have?
Register your TeamCard registered SeasonCard - you will then be shown your TeamCard points total.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:43 pm

scouseclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:18 pm
Thanks. Getting a big red message saying "customer xxxx cannot purchase season ticket as customer already has Not Eligible".
That's what I kept getting and then it suddenly disappeared.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:44 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:14 pm
1. Teamcard and Season Card are names for the same piece of plastic which you use to gain entry to matches.

2. How can I check how many TeamCard points I have?
And for those who use the TeamCard App - it no longer works.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:57 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:44 pm
And for those who use the TeamCard App - it no longer works.
Don't know about the App but the link above works.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:59 pm

Thanks. Getting a big red message saying "customer xxxx cannot purchase season ticket as customer already has Not Eligible".

The Not Eligible message indicates that that person doesn't have any money on their account.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:35 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:59 pm

The Not Eligible message indicates that that person doesn't have any money on their account.
That's what mine was constantly telling me and then, miraculously and mysteriously, the money on account appeared for three season tickets.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:44 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:35 pm
That's what mine was constantly telling me and then, miraculously and mysteriously, the money on account appeared for three season tickets.
There definitely seems to be some issues with the system.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:02 pm

Another reminder that the 23rd is the deadline for Phase 1 renewals. If you haven't done it by then, then you have to wait until Phase 2 opens and you may be subject to an increased price.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:09 pm

Is it too late to ask for a refund after already renewing? Whilst I welcome 4 more games for my money next season I fear many will be midweek games that I can’t attend.

Tinribs
Been Liked: 281 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Thanks Burnley

Post by Tinribs » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:26 am

So paid for my season ticket in full every season for last gif knows how many years.Because of Covid and the fact that attending Turf Moor was unlikely,decided it was pointless buying a season ticket for 20/21 season.
So now have heard that prices for all season tickets will be increasing by a minimum of 10% for those that didn’t pay for last for this seasons non event.
Bit of a kick in the teeth for quite a few fans
Also rumour has it,less seats in JHL and more corporate

Tinribs

Thanks Burnley

Post by Tinribs » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:27 am

So paid for my season ticket in full every season for last gif knows how many years.Because of Covid and the fact that attending Turf Moor was unlikely,decided it was pointless buying a season ticket for 20/21 season.
So now have heard that prices for all season tickets will be increasing by a minimum of 10% for those that didn’t pay for this seasons non event.

Grumps

Re: Thanks Burnley

Post by Grumps » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:38 am

Don't listen to rumours, clearly not good for your blood pressure

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:46 am

Tinribs wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:27 am
So now have heard that prices for all season tickets will be increasing by a minimum of 10% for those that didn’t pay for this seasons non event.
Is anyone surprised?

Marty Dobson
Been Liked: 92 times
Has Liked: 261 times

Post by Marty Dobson » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:51 am

Tinribs wrote:
Are you able to retain your seat? Seems a bit mean to increase by over 10% if you've had a season ticket for many years. The club should make allowance for this.
I renewed in the JHL for 20/21 and had no problem transferring to 21/22 for the same price. What does 'less seats in JHL' mean. Are they allegedly taking out some seating to create corporate boxes ?

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:56 am

Tinribs wrote:
Where have you heard that from?

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:07 pm

There was no way on earth season ticket prices were staying the same this season after the loss of a full season’s ticket revenue.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:10 pm

More corporate? Did we sell out the corporate we already have?

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:16 pm

martin_p wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:07 pm
There was no way on earth season ticket prices were staying the same this season after the loss of a full season’s ticket revenue.
When did they last go up in price ?

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:22 pm

We have to fund Pace's salary somehow, he hasn't bought a football club (with it's own money) to work for free. Our club is now paying £150M for new owners and X amount of millions for the new owners to work.

We could've bought Halaand and paid him for the same price as Pace.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:33 pm

It's very hard to comment objectively on stuff like this because everybody's circumstances are different and people see things differently, but fwiw I just think if football had been as "normal" we''d all have been paying for a season ticket and walking onto The Turf every home game like every other season. Clearly we weren't being allowed to go on, but we were able to carry on paying and I simply thought well it's 99.9% certain that we will be going back on at some stage, so paying for games now simply means they'll owe us freebies somewhere down the line in the future. That's looking like the way it's going to be and actually those freebies have turned out to be a whole season of games. Inadvertently doing that has also (temporarily!) bypassed the price rises, but as others have said most of us have been expecting price rises for several seasons now and the club have probably done well not to have to go there until now. It's a shame they have though because with so many people losing the "bug" and wavering due to not attending games they could well end up with a hell of a lot of missing ST holders come August and actually end up with less revenue.
Last edited by Dark Cloud on Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:34 pm

Leisure wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:56 am
Where have you heard that from?
probably read it on here with someone using FACT in capital letters, so it must be true

BigChaCha
Been Liked: 253 times

Post by BigChaCha » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:36 pm

Seems totally fair to me! They will be extra admin costs for resigning up previous season ticket holders and that's before we take into account the losses due to the pandemic. There are also extra costs to open up safely in a covid secure environment when crowds come back too.

A 10% increase is far less than the increases we have already and will have to endure in the near future for every other service or product from a lot of businesses due to the Covid crisis like hairdressers, takeaways, restaurant food etc, etc... All of which have gone up in prices massivley already in my experience.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:44 pm

Tinribs wrote:
The prices of season tickets have been held for quite a number of years... Now I don't know your circumstances (financially) but you decided not to renew for what ever reason so its your own fault...

You cannot moan if the prices were increased by 10% ... because we all would be paying that increase if we had been attending this season ...

I don't think 10% is bad when you take into account how many years prices have remained the same.

Sorry Tinribs but it was your decision to not renew...

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:49 pm

Watching professional football becomes less appealing by the day. I’m really beginning to prefer Junior football more and more where there’s is no greed just enjoyment and entertainment.

Tinribs

Post by Tinribs » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:59 pm

Price rises for all areas of the ground,unless of course you were one of the people who paid in full for last season.I can’t say who I heard the news from because it’s not fair on them,but the middle blocks halfway line area,look like the rows of seats at the back immediately in front of the boxes are going to be lost as the hospitality area is expanded.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:59 pm

I don't really understand the financial benefit of raising prices by say 10%. We have 6000 lapsed ST holders with an average ST price of £300. If the price went up by 10% and we retained all those 6000 the club would only generate an extra £180,000. However, if 500 of those 6000 don't renew the club will only gain by £15,000 but with less fans and if 1000 didn't renew they would end up with a net loss of £150,000. Very risky!
Last edited by Leisure on Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud