Dyche to Palace at the end of the season

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
mill hill claret
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Re: Dyche to Palace at the end of the season

Post by mill hill claret » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:30 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:17 am
You've been banging on about football snobbery, mentioned Big Sam and waffled on a bit more.

That's why I lumped you in with the people on here who regularly belittle what Dyche has done.
Hang on ...where have I belittled dyche ...I said we play some good football and we are perceived as a long ball by other sides ....not me ..I have also said I hope he stays

Zom Zom
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Post by Zom Zom » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:15 am

Eddie Howe is Palace's choice according to the 'Gossip' column.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:17 am

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:29 am
That's more tripe, Palace have done well to stay in the league for years, like us. Why does it matter if you finish 10th one time or 7th one time?
They have been in the PL for 8 consecutive years, compared to our 6. Who is more successful?

Also wage budget will rise yearly naturally, they're 2 years further down the line of paying PL wages. I think both wage bills are providing great value for money providing it provides PL football for the clubs.
Feeling a bit brave this morning aren't you?

Why does it matter that we've finished higher than they ever have?
Matters a lot I'd say, so would most people, because that's what it's all about, finishing as high as possible.

Clearly it doesn't matter to you where they finish, but I'm sure it does to their owners.

They gave Meyer over £120k a week...
That's just one example of them not getting value for money and that's without me dissecting the rest of their squad.
If we'd paid £30 million for a striker who rarely scores and is out of contract this summer, it's a guarantee some on here would be having a meltdown.

Again, that's something the owners should be looking at, getting maximum return for their outlay.
They aren't though, but that's due to having made a number of poor signings over the years and not having a clear long term plan.

Doing well to stay in the league, yet we have many on here who're never happy that we aim to do just that as a minimum.....
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan bob-the-scutter

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:34 am

Bloody hell Sid, stop being so pragmatic and sensible all the time

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:48 am

Zlatan wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:34 am
Bloody hell Sid, stop being so pragmatic and sensible all the time
:D

I've noticed that Sahko is another one out of contract this summer, £25 million signing originally :?

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:03 am

A lot can be said about palaces plight but sometimes things need gutting before fresh green shoots will emerge, offloading the deadwood in most cases anywhere can only be a good thing even if means a step back for awhile before a bolder step forward, any pragmatic manager like SD will probably be excited about reconstructing something even if it’s not deemed a step up, variety is the spice of life & doing the same thing day in & day out bores most people sh1t1ess after awhile.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:03 am
A lot can be said about palaces plight but sometimes things need gutting before fresh green shoots will emerge, offloading the deadwood in most cases anywhere can only be a good thing even if means a step back for awhile before a bolder step forward, any pragmatic manager like SD will probably be excited about reconstructing something even if it’s not deemed a step up, variety is the spice of life & doing the same thing day in & day out bores most people sh1t1ess after awhile.
But while Hodgson has been given time and money, but that has been exceptional. The team needs a complete rebuild at a club that up until Roy coming in had chopped and changed manager because the club needed severe surgery but the managers were not given time to do it. I think whichever manager takes over, Palace Fans will not be happy spending years building a new philosophy and squad... every bad run a serious potential for getting sacked, mid project and with a reputation hard won in tatters... Palace does not look like a quick fix, at least from this distance.

Bigvince
Been Liked: 930 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:26 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:03 am
I agree with you about cutting the dead wood and starting again, but it’s no good if you get the sack halfway through the reconstruction, that’s why there is a risk associated with taking on the palace job. I don’t know if SD will be offered and take on the job, none of us on here do, but if he does we can’t begrudge him taking on a new challenge after what he’s done for us!
Personally I hope he’s at our club for many more years.
This user liked this post: k90bfc

steve1264b
Been Liked: 160 times

Post by steve1264b » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:28 am

Something for sean to think about.

If he has the first 6 months at a new club like he had at Burnley he probably doesnt survive.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:29 am

Bigvince wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:26 am
I agree with you about cutting the dead wood and starting again, but it’s no good if you get the sack halfway through the reconstruction, that’s why there is a risk associated with taking on the palace job. I don’t know if SD will be offered and take on the job, none of us on here do, but if he does we can’t begrudge him taking on a new challenge after what he’s done for us!
Personally I hope he’s at our club for many more years.
Yes but you get the reassurances beforehand during the talks, if them reassurances aren’t offered he’d be daft accepting anything anywhere whether that’s palace or somewhere else.

Bigvince
Been Liked: 930 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:32 am

There aren’t many clubs who’ll take on a manager and promise not to sack them 🤔

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:46 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:29 am
Yes but you get the reassurances beforehand during the talks, if them reassurances aren’t offered he’d be daft accepting anything anywhere whether that’s palace or somewhere else.
Reassurances mean nothing if the club goes on a bad run.
I'm sure De Boer was given assurances..

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:51 am

Bigvince wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:32 am
There aren’t many clubs who’ll take on a manager and promise not to sack them 🤔
I’m not saying that would be the case, but what’s reasonably achievable would be established, obviously 20 game runs ending with defeats would be indefensible but odd patches in the given circumstances would be allowed, recently palace haven’t been known for sacking manager Willy Nily, think BFS & Pulis left off there own steam, Roy’s been there for abit, think in about 5 years pardew & FDB have gone, compared to some it ain’t bad for sacking managers.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:08 pm

Assuming Dyche has his suitors this summer (and why wouldn’t he?) him staying or going might well tell us something about Pace’s medium to longer term plans - unless of course Dyche simply fancies a new challenge or the offer on the table is just too appealing.

I’d be disappointed if it was a team of the likes of Palace that Dyche was to leave for. It wouldn’t exactly be a ringing endorsement for Pace and his plans.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:27 pm

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/statu ... 39936?s=19

Some financial information about Palace, inc some big losses.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:55 pm

14k per week more than us in terms of average wage bill.

Their wages up by over 1000% in a decade.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:34 pm

DCWat wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:55 pm

They do have a bigger squad than us though.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:09 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:27 pm
https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/statu ... 39936?s=19

Some financial information about Palace, inc some big losses.
You take a lot of interest in stuff like this Sid and over the years you've shown you pay attention to the finances being the football which has surprised me with some of your takes on here which seem to be a bit basic and even contradictory.

You highlighted how difficult it will be to replace so many OOC players with the transfer kitty the manager might have but that completely overlooks that the wages you are willing to pay the players is just as important if not more so (especially in the current Covid climate) then the transfer kitty.

You later referenced how much they were paying one player to highlight around how bad value for money Palace have been geetting. Again if (and this might not be the case for a new manager) Palace are willing to offer such contracts then surely the prospect for someone like Dyche (who can build the Burnley squad on a fraction of the budget) to have that kind of overall budget to bring in 7 or 8 of his type of players on free's and minimal fee's could be appealing.

I dont think Dyche will go but getting 7 or 8 big earners out of the club who might not fit the Dyche mould and having all that freed up money to offer big contracts to people he does want to replace them doesn't seem that bad to me

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:36 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:09 pm
You take a lot of interest in stuff like this Sid and over the years you've shown you pay attention to the finances being the football which has surprised me with some of your takes on here which seem to be a bit basic and even contradictory.

You highlighted how difficult it will be to replace so many OOC players with the transfer kitty the manager might have but that completely overlooks that the wages you are willing to pay the players is just as important if not more so (especially in the current Covid climate) then the transfer kitty.

You later referenced how much they were paying one player to highlight around how bad value for money Palace have been geetting. Again if (and this might not be the case for a new manager) Palace are willing to offer such contracts then surely the prospect for someone like Dyche (who can build the Burnley squad on a fraction of the budget) to have that kind of overall budget to bring in 7 or 8 of his type of players on free's and minimal fee's could be appealing.

I dont think Dyche will go but getting 7 or 8 big earners out of the club who might not fit the Dyche mould and having all that freed up money to offer big contracts to people he does want to replace them doesn't seem that bad to me
I'm not over looking wages, I never do, I just cba mentioning something most people overlook on here.

Palace have the problem that players know they'll pay large amounts of money now, Mayer was on closer to £150k, he was unproven and didn't justify the money, which I think I mentioned when they signed him.

They'll struggle to justify paying players less money, especially with life going back to normal, inc revenue streams, made a rod for their own backs so to speak.

If they've got to rebuild their squad, they're not going to sign a raft of unproven players, it's likely to be a mixture, but agents and clubs will be well aware of this situation and won't be accepting cheap transfers or wages.

In regards to Dyche signing "his type of players", that surely defeats the object of Palace employing him, or him moving.
If he's going to join a club like Palace, I suspect he will change how a team sets up and plays, afterall they're going to give him more in wages and transfer money to play with.....
He will have to break the mould, that's probably what a new club would expect in the longer term.

He's shown he can manage and make an attacking team, when we had Defour.
At another club he'd have to do that from the off and show that getting into Europe wasn't a one off.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6721 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:54 pm

Not sure he will go, he needs a stepping stone club not a sideways move. If it was Villa, Southampton, West Ham or Wolves I think it could be a goer, not sure though how high Dyche could go, I cant see hime ever being accepted at consistent top 6 club.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:59 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:36 pm
I'm not over looking wages, I never do, I just cba mentioning something most people overlook on here.

Palace have the problem that players know they'll pay large amounts of money now, Mayer was on closer to £150k, he was unproven and didn't justify the money, which I think I mentioned when they signed him.

They'll struggle to justify paying players less money, especially with life going back to normal, inc revenue streams, made a rod for their own backs so to speak.

If they've got to rebuild their squad, they're not going to sign a raft of unproven players, it's likely to be a mixture, but agents and clubs will be well aware of this situation and won't be accepting cheap transfers or wages.

In regards to Dyche signing "his type of players", that surely defeats the object of Palace employing him, or him moving.
If he's going to join a club like Palace, I suspect he will change how a team sets up and plays, afterall they're going to give him more in wages and transfer money to play with.....
He will have to break the mould, that's probably what a new club would expect in the longer term.

He's shown he can manage and make an attacking team, when we had Defour.
At another club he'd have to do that from the off and show that getting into Europe wasn't a one off.
You don’t have reference ‘most people’ in a critical, superior way as you seem to do so regularly. It comes across, to me at least, as quite condescending and pompous.

With regard to Dyche’s style, should he get more money, I don’t think it would change as much as you say. He may have better players at his disposal which would bring about a more pleasing approach but the fundamentals may not change that much.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:06 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:28 pm
Are Palace any better off financially then we are?, Zaha is almost certain to leave in the summer, and they have 12/13 players out of contract, so whoever inherits that gig will face a major rebuilding job from day 1, I do agree that if BFC don't at least give SD a reasonable chance of competing in the market then he may well decide the time is right for pastures new, although whether Palace is a step up is questionable, I honestly can't see what he'd achieve with them that he hasn't already achieved at Burnley, they are unlikely to break into the top 10, and unless they won a cup then European football isn't on the horizon for them anytime soon.
If he goes its a sideways move

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:10 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:06 pm
On the face of it yes, which is why I suspect he won't end up at Palace, I think they'll end up getting Eddie Howe instead. at least I hope so anyway.

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:11 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:06 pm
They said that about Tarky to West Ham (some might have even said backward)

He can go with my blessing.

texasbrit
Been Liked: 71 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by texasbrit » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:15 pm

no disrespect to Dyche but he must be fed up with the financial situation he's had to put up with even the take over didn't release funds, on the bright side perhaps new fresh ideas in the dressing room may see consistency on the pitch

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:16 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:54 pm
Not sure he will go, he needs a stepping stone club not a sideways move. If it was Villa, Southampton, West Ham or Wolves I think it could be a goer, not sure though how high Dyche could go, I cant see hime ever being accepted at consistent top 6 club.
Not sure any of the four clubs you mention would be remotely interested in SD for next season certainly

Palace are at our level which is maybe as high as SD will get, but Howe will be another consideration for them

Would think it would have to be a sizeable summer transfer budget to keep Dyche at Burnley if Palace come calling

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:17 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:54 pm
He’ll be waiting a long time for that I think the closest he came to that was being linked with Everton, so it’s logical to agree on the top 6 club, I can see him eventually going somewhere else due to becoming bored & the realisation that he’s taken us as far as he can & he’ll be hungry for a fresh challenge somewhere else, that day will come it’s when.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:05 pm

DCWat wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:59 pm
You don’t have reference ‘most people’ in a critical, superior way as you seem to do so regularly. It comes across, to me at least, as quite condescending and pompous.

With regard to Dyche’s style, should he get more money, I don’t think it would change as much as you say. He may have better players at his disposal which would bring about a more pleasing approach but the fundamentals may not change that much.
I'm right though, a lot of people don't seem to grasp the other side of transfers.
If it's condescending etc then that's probably because I'm tired of seeing people being so ignorant.
We still have people who can't understand how we got the amount we did for Ings and that we didn't sell him.

If Dyche is going to change club, he's going to need to start playing a more expansive style of football.
The basics will always stay the same, but if he's getting the financial backing, there will be expectations to go with it.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:44 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:05 pm
I'm right though, a lot of people don't seem to grasp the other side of transfers.
If it's condescending etc then that's probably because I'm tired of seeing people being so ignorant.
We still have people who can't understand how we got the amount we did for Ings and that we didn't sell him.

If Dyche is going to change club, he's going to need to start playing a more expansive style of football.
The basics will always stay the same, but if he's getting the financial backing, there will be expectations to go with it.
That’s the gamble that another club will have to be prepared to take. Will his man management and close knit group ethos work with a bigger squad? Can he retain defensive stability whilst allowing a team more freedom to attack teams? Can he play a more pleasing on the eye brand of football?

There’s no disputing he’s a great manager for us, but looking at it from the perspective of a club looking for a new manager, I can imagine there are a lot of things for them to ponder, when considering Dyche.

Weigh that up alongside other potential candidates, who may already have answered some of their questions and his appeal to them could be less than it would be to us.

What I’d love to see is him have the opportunity to address some of those points, at Burnley. Of course if he did that, there’s be bigger fish than Palace swimming around.

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:07 pm

If CP lose as many as predicted it will be a very difficult job. Building a new team from scratch. On the plus side it will free up phenomenal salaries to entice players.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:49 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:17 am
Feeling a bit brave this morning aren't you?

Why does it matter that we've finished higher than they ever have?
Matters a lot I'd say, so would most people, because that's what it's all about, finishing as high as possible.

Clearly it doesn't matter to you where they finish, but I'm sure it does to their owners.

They gave Meyer over £120k a week...
That's just one example of them not getting value for money and that's without me dissecting the rest of their squad.
If we'd paid £30 million for a striker who rarely scores and is out of contract this summer, it's a guarantee some on here would be having a meltdown.

Again, that's something the owners should be looking at, getting maximum return for their outlay.
They aren't though, but that's due to having made a number of poor signings over the years and not having a clear long term plan.

Doing well to stay in the league, yet we have many on here who're never happy that we aim to do just that as a minimum.....
I don't think it really matters where you finish providing you meet the objective of staying in the league which is the aim for us and Palace yearly. Given the huge income for staying in the league, 10 years of PL football is successful for Palace.

It's interesting you mention the fee spent on Sakho £20-25M but they have got value out of him, he was excellent for a couple of years, contributed hugely to the income. Your Meyer one is funny, he probably cost the same/less than Brady.

How are they not getting the max out of what they have? no long term plan?
They are approaching 10 consecutive years in the Premier League, an incredibly difficult achievement. Apart from the big 6 and Everton, who else can say that? only Southampton right?

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:52 pm

DCWat wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:55 pm

and they have been in the league 2 years longer, so they're further advanced down the gradual yearly wage increase ladder.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:26 pm

If we are comparing wages, is it also fair to compare the cost of living between everything down south & up north? Of course the wages will be higher pretty much everything down south is more expensive than up north.

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by agreenwood » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:04 pm

There’s no chance Dyche is going to another PL club this summer, particularly one that’s put themselves in the position of needing to overhaul their squad in one transfer window.
This user liked this post: Enola Gay

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:05 pm

agreenwood wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:04 pm
There’s no chance Dyche is going to another PL club this summer, particularly one that’s put themselves in the position of needing to overhaul their squad in one transfer window.
Info I'm getting is more likely an extended stay with us
These 12 users liked this post: joey13 BurnleyFC Hapag Lloyd HahaYeah tiger76 Jimmymaccer k90bfc Noblelight Holmeclaret bfcjg CardiffClaret Bigvince

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:07 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:05 pm
Hopefully with some support

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Good news.

He and us have another big summer to come. Probably even bigger than the summer of 2015.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
This would be great news. I think he’d only commit to us with a firm alignment/belief in what our new owners are putting in place and making available to him - so it’s quite exciting on that basis too.
These 2 users liked this post: DCWat mill hill claret

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:13 pm

agreenwood wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:04 pm
How many transfer windows will it take to transform the Burnley squad after seasons of under-investment during a number of transfer windows?

Dyche looked at the options available to him this afternoon and could only muster an unproven youngster to throw on for the final 5 minutes of a game we were losing 1-2.

Denno97
Been Liked: 11 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by Denno97 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:16 pm

Dyche has to take at least half of the blame for our past 3 transfer windows. His fondness for old pros wanted to extend Hart Lennon and Hendrick's contract and signings of Stephens who he wanted for years. Just don't know how this aligns with ALKs buisness strategy of signing young pros and selling them off at a profit. Worrying times

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:41 pm

There was actually a thread on this very topic started by Vegas Claret which attracted more than 800 posts.

Date of that thread: 24 May 2017.

Some rumours just never really go away do they?

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:55 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Oh! dear that won't please some on this board will it, is SD perfect no of course he isn't, but his strengths massively outweigh his weaknesses, and he certainly deserves time to build a squad with adequate backing after we've been tightening our belts over the past couple of seasons.

I think the problem for some fans is they have unrealistic expectations, our primary target at the start of every season will be PL survival, and that applies to about 10 clubs in this league, so we're not alone in that target, and if keeping SD for another 2/3 years allows us to maintain our place at the top table then that's fine by me. :)
These 2 users liked this post: k90bfc Bosscat

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:50 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:55 pm
Oh! dear that won't please some on this board will it, is SD perfect no of course he isn't, but his strengths massively outweigh his weaknesses, and he certainly deserves time to build a squad with adequate backing after we've been tightening our belts over the past couple of seasons.

I think the problem for some fans is they have unrealistic expectations, our primary target at the start of every season will be PL survival, and that applies to about 10 clubs in this league, so we're not alone in that target, and if keeping SD for another 2/3 years allows us to maintain our place at the top table then that's fine by me. :)
If it is the case that Dyche extends his contract, it could be the first tangible piece of positive evidence in respect of Pace’s plans for the club.
This user liked this post: Holmeclaret

mill hill claret
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by mill hill claret » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:22 am

ClaretTony wrote:
👍👍👍👍
This user liked this post: frankinwales

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1754 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:09 am

When does Sean's current contract expire? And if he is likely to extend his stay, that is positive news as i would presume it will come with caveats in terms of support and the board backing him financially.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:18 am

Pace has spoken extremely highly about Dyche on numerous occasion now, they will have had meetings about the summer and beyond that, the snippets that we’ve read about already planning for the summer are encouraging , vague, but encouraging, so you’d think Dyche knows this in much more detail and has assurances.

Providing we secure premier league safety , which isn’t far away, I’m relatively excited about this summer to see what we can do, I’m predicting an early signing to set the ball rolling .

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:41 am

Herts Clarets wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:09 am
When does Sean's current contract expire? And if he is likely to extend his stay, that is positive news as i would presume it will come with caveats in terms of support and the board backing him financially.
End of next season

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:42 am

Hedontplayforyou wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:18 am
Pace has spoken extremely highly about Dyche on numerous occasion now, they will have had meetings about the summer and beyond that, the snippets that we’ve read about already planning for the summer are encouraging , vague, but encouraging, so you’d think Dyche knows this in much more detail and has assurances.

Providing we secure premier league safety , which isn’t far away, I’m relatively excited about this summer to see what we can do, I’m predicting an early signing to set the ball rolling .
I applaud your optimism

brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:54 pm

DCWat wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:44 pm
That’s the gamble that another club will have to be prepared to take. Will his man management and close knit group ethos work with a bigger squad? Can he retain defensive stability whilst allowing a team more freedom to attack teams? Can he play a more pleasing on the eye brand of football?

There’s no disputing he’s a great manager for us, but looking at it from the perspective of a club looking for a new manager, I can imagine there are a lot of things for them to ponder, when considering Dyche.

Weigh that up alongside other potential candidates, who may already have answered some of their questions and his appeal to them could be less than it would be to us.

What I’d love to see is him have the opportunity to address some of those points, at Burnley. Of course if he did that, there’s be bigger fish than Palace swimming around.
Let suppose you have a man with a plan to market the premier league at pace to the Spanish speaking Americas ( Mexico and central). So you find a suitable hungry manager with an acceptable playing style - ex Spanish international maybe coaching in the middle east. Then what you do is use some whizzbang technology to identify appropriate but affordable players from the lower European leagues. All you need next is an affordable football club with a large number of OOC and overrated players that can be shifted in summer. Buy the club but don't buy anyone in the first transfer window as your new manager is not in place. Current manager knows he going to club where he can commute and he is confident of bringing them back to PL.
Bingo - club a commercial success, ginger manager happy, Amazon get to make their new footie doc "Milltown Struggles with bothersome football fans"
and I become the legend that saw the future.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:04 pm

Roll on next season when he leaves for Palace he can take Ben Mee with him aswell