Renew or refund?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Renew or refund?

Post by bfccrazy » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:59 pm

Ummm’d and ahhhh’d about renewing (after paying last season for a ticket) - decided today that I would have a year off and get a refund for last seasons ticket instead ... it’s the first season in about 20 seasons I haven’t had a season ticket which is due to a mix of just falling out of love with the game a bit over the past year and looking to spend more time with family at the weekends after VERY limited opportunities over the past year.

I’ll probably get another ST down the line and will no doubt get to a few home and away games this next season if possible but this break from going on games has definitely changed my priorities and thoughts on attending as much as I always have.

Anyone else in a similar scenario or can you just not wait to get back to the turf?
This user liked this post: CaptJohn

eyebrowchicken
Been Liked: 10 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Re: Renew or refund?

Post by eyebrowchicken » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:09 pm

I felt like that at first but the longer it’s gone on the more I’ve missed it. Can’t wait to get on now for me
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Dark Cloud

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:11 pm

Chomping at the bit now!

Joe Buck
Been Liked: 80 times
Has Liked: 22 times

Post by Joe Buck » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:19 pm

Was thinking that I could live without watching live football and might not renew but when the ESP was proposed I suddenly realised how much I love football and watching Burnley.
I’ve got next seasons ticket and can’t wait to get back. Thanks ESP

Joe Buck
Been Liked: 80 times
Has Liked: 22 times

Post by Joe Buck » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:20 pm

ESL😂

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:21 pm

Joe Buck wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:20 pm
ESL😂
🤭

Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Andreshotboots » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:04 pm

bfccrazy wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:59 pm
Ummm’d and ahhhh’d about renewing (after paying last season for a ticket) - decided today that I would have a year off and get a refund for last seasons ticket instead ... it’s the first season in about 20 seasons I haven’t had a season ticket which is due to a mix of just falling out of love with the game a bit over the past year and looking to spend more time with family at the weekends after VERY limited opportunities over the past year.

I’ll probably get another ST down the line and will no doubt get to a few home and away games this next season if possible but this break from going on games has definitely changed my priorities and thoughts on attending as much as I always have.

Anyone else in a similar scenario or can you just not wait to get back to the turf?
I've done exactly the same, few reasons, my son turned 18 last year and his Saturdays will mostly be with his mates now rather than wanting to travel to Burnley, can't be bothered making the trip on my own, especially for night games. VAR was the final nail in the coffin for me, the whole atmosphere when a goal is scored has gone, that has always been something I've loved, the pure joy of seeing one of your heroes score, now you have to wait a few minutes to make sure it counts.

I think the sales may be a lot lower than people think for the next season, i hope I'm totally wrong but the feelings I got from listening to the people around me before the pandemic arrived was that the enjoyment factor has diminished due to many reasons.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:07 pm

bfccrazy wrote:

You’ve changed

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:10 pm

On a serious note I get the feeling. And the thing for me this whole renewal debacle has annoyed me. I can’t be arsed faffing about. I’ve paid. Like I paid last year when we couldn’t go. Just renew me! But no it’s a ball ache.

Add on var. diving. And all the other shite and I can understand why people can’t be arsed.

But. It’s about more than the 90 minutes. It’s the day out. It’s the drama. It’s the seeing mates you’ve not seen for ages. Standing next to them people who’s names you don’t even know but feel like mates. Seeing my dad before and after the game and talking about it all. Seeing my nephew and brother who I mainly only see at the game. It’s the emotion than is impossible to describe and impossible to experience anywhere else.

For all the change and hassle. The above is worth it. Can’t wait.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:14 pm

Refund or renew? Are you serious?

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:24 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:10 pm
On a serious note I get the feeling. And the thing for me this whole renewal debacle has annoyed me. I can’t be arsed faffing about. I’ve paid. Like I paid last year when we couldn’t go. Just renew me! But no it’s a ball ache.
Cannot understand why they couldn’t just auto renew everyone and issue refunds to anyone who called to cancel. Can’t have been so hard and I dare say those who haven’t renewed may have just gone with the flow had it not been made so hard.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets bobinho

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:27 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:14 pm
Refund or renew? Are you serious?
when you listen to supporters of other clubs it seems an awful lot of people are completely fed up with being ripped off, var, diving, cheating etc etc. It will be interesting to see if there is any effect on attendances around the country (positive or negative)

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:44 pm

I'm really missing the whole day out, not just the football, but the season ticket renewal saga is
severely testing my resolve to continue with it.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:34 am

Funkydrummer wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:44 pm
I'm really missing the whole day out, not just the football, but the season ticket renewal saga is
severely testing my resolve to continue with it.
You mean this? 😂😂. Absolute joke
Attachments
B8BE4B5D-8235-4FA9-BC8B-4E84D2FA90A3.jpeg
B8BE4B5D-8235-4FA9-BC8B-4E84D2FA90A3.jpeg (509.18 KiB) Viewed 3576 times
4F2FCF60-E909-4A04-9E5F-2B6D3DD94596.jpeg
4F2FCF60-E909-4A04-9E5F-2B6D3DD94596.jpeg (495.13 KiB) Viewed 3576 times

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1984 times
Has Liked: 2874 times

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:42 am

Joe Buck wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:20 pm
ESL😂
I didn’t feel that being the next post

djemba-djemba
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 40 times

Post by djemba-djemba » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:28 am

I’m going to wait to see if we make any signings this summer.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2273 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:51 am

bfccrazy wrote:

I did it a few years back, even had a family member offer to pay, I still end up going to 75% of home games as I get offered spare tickets off so many. I also fell out of love with football, not Burnley

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:26 am

djemba-djemba wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:28 am
I’m going to wait to see if we make any signings this summer.
:lol: I think we all know the answer to that! :lol:

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:41 am

People not going because of Covid, VAR or renewal problems mean lots of room for the rest of us... I Carnt wait.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4160 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:57 am

Renew.

Football is the day out with mates and too many beers.

If I had even a slightest doubt then the last 12 months would have corrected my thought. Watching football on TV is crap, how people with a choice choose the TV option god only knows. This time last year I could watch a game between 2 sides I couldn't care less about, now I hardly watch a games unless it is us playing.
These 4 users liked this post: Leisure Bosscat Claretswift NewClaret

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:08 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:10 pm

Add on var. diving. And all the other shite and I can understand why people can’t be arsed.

But. It’s about more than the 90 minutes. It’s the day out. It’s the drama. It’s the seeing mates you’ve not seen for ages. Standing next to them people who’s names you don’t even know but feel like mates. Seeing my dad before and after the game and talking about it all. Seeing my nephew and brother who I mainly only see at the game. It’s the emotion than is impossible to describe and impossible to experience anywhere else.

For all the change and hassle. The above is worth it. Can’t wait.
This sums it up nicely for me. Problem is that I, 2 of my good mates and my Dad haven't yet renewed yet.

I am phase 2, can't log in (emailed but had no reply).

Feels all very "meh" at the moment.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:28 pm

Renewed, as it's the day as a whole for me.
Walk down to meet my mates for a beer or 6 and catch up about anything and everything whilst watching the early kick off.
My dad usually joins us for 1 before too, then we all go on the game, before a quick pint after to dissect the game before walking back home ready for a takeaway and a few beers with the wife and kids.

The football gets in the way sometimes as usually ( not always ) the pre and post match is the best bit, and possibly has been the bit I've missed of all in the last 12 months.

Hopefully the break will have done me some good, and the passion will fire up as strong as ever once I walk up them steps, see the first glimpse of the pitch before saying hello to all the familiar faces as I make my way to my seat.

I'm not interested in attending with covid passports, photo ID, and reduced numbers though, that may put me totally off if its Mandatory.
As others have said all the nonsense with VAR and cheating has got me to the point where its 1 more obstacle and I'll not be bothering.

To add our group was about 12 strong I think 2 years ago, down to about 8 now, if my 2 closest mates and my dad stop going, itll probably spell the end for me too.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:46 pm

Sort of renewing, but we'll be sharing the ticket between three now. Really looking forward to that first game back with a proper crowd but it's VAR more than anything that's killed it for me. I still need the social side.. day out with my lad, meeting family/mates etc but I'll probably watch more non-league than Premier League next season.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:54 pm

I've renewed but was close to not bothering due to the fiasco on line, sadly 2 family members not renewing mainly due to the fiasco but also falling away from the game, hopefully when the season starts they will start going on even just for the bigger games. Club has a lot to answer for.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Darthlaw » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:15 pm

I'll be renewing two tickets in Phase 2 with any increases in ST pricing doubled and taken away from my match day / merchandise spending.

Given I usually buy Burnley shirts for 4 of my friends around the world, I'm confident that BFC will be losing out (rather than me) for the 20/21 renewal window fiasco.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:11 pm

bfccrazy wrote:

Perhaps for the next season or more you should prefix your username with “not quite so”?
This user liked this post: bfccrazy

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:54 pm

DCWat wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:11 pm
Perhaps for the next season or more you should prefix your username with “not quite so”?
:lol: :lol:

After reading a few of these posts I think the whole palava of jumping through hoops to renew a ticket that I had already paid for has annoyed me too. As someone mentioned above, if it was auto renewed I would have probably just left it and attended next season.

I did try and renew the first day the news came out that we could and after signing up with emails, clarets number not linking - confirming emails and then not having my ST show up ........ I just gave up.

I’ve moved away from the area too and would travel back, so would have normally just nipped to the ticket office and sort it out but with it being so hard and annoying to renew, that also added to me not bothering.

The bit of football I will miss though is regularly meeting up with mates pre/post game but having spoken to them it seems like we’ll just get a few away days in along with just some random days out on the beer, which is the part of the day the football usually spoils quite a bit :lol:
This user liked this post: DCWat

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:11 pm

bfccrazy wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:54 pm
:lol: :lol:

After reading a few of these posts I think the whole palava of jumping through hoops to renew a ticket that I had already paid for has annoyed me too. As someone mentioned above, if it was auto renewed I would have probably just left it and attended next season.

I did try and renew the first day the news came out that we could and after signing up with emails, clarets number not linking - confirming emails and then not having my ST show up ........ I just gave up.

I’ve moved away from the area too and would travel back, so would have normally just nipped to the ticket office and sort it out but with it being so hard and annoying to renew, that also added to me not bothering.

The bit of football I will miss though is regularly meeting up with mates pre/post game but having spoken to them it seems like we’ll just get a few away days in along with just some random days out on the beer, which is the part of the day the football usually spoils quite a bit :lol:
You've just less than an hour to send a simple email to the ticket office, and they will sort it. Guess it's down to how much you really want to go to football next season.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:25 pm

Need my regular fix.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 985 times
Has Liked: 1656 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:13 pm

Always assume we won’t sign anybody
Always assume we’ll be a bit sh@t
Always renew

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:01 am

Renewed when I sung Burnley till I die,I meant it.We are due our best season ever with a new exciting time next season

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 772 times
Has Liked: 1426 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:52 am

The challenges some are finding with the new tickets, potential of a price increase and the pandemic seem to be all the excuses that the plastic fans need to vanish off again.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:04 am

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:52 am
The challenges some are finding with the new tickets, potential of a price increase and the pandemic seem to be all the excuses that the plastic fans need to vanish off again.
I’m as plastic as they come :lol:

bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:28 am

So let me get this right... last seasons ticket has been paid for, with no football to watch. I pay by DD and the ticket has been paid for in full. If I want to go on next season, I’ll have to notify my intent and if I don’t by yesterday then I either pay the extra taking the price up to FULL non early bird price or get a refund?

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:19 am

bobinho wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:28 am
So let me get this right... last seasons ticket has been paid for, with no football to watch. I pay by DD and the ticket has been paid for in full. If I want to go on next season, I’ll have to notify my intent and if I don’t by yesterday then I either pay the extra taking the price up to FULL non early bird price or get a refund?
Probably, but it has been advertised, discussed, argued about for long enough I'd be surprised if there's anyone who didn't know the deadline was Friday, extended to yesterday.

bobinho

Post by bobinho » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:47 am

Grumps wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:19 am
Probably, but it has been advertised, discussed, argued about for long enough I'd be surprised if there's anyone who didn't know the deadline was Friday, extended to yesterday.
I’m sure you are right, and I’m not fussed that the deadline has passed, I just wanted to know, in a nutshell, what the score is. I knew the deadline was Friday, then extended to Saturday, so I’m not complaining about missing it. I’d just like to know what the “deal” was. Whether it’s been advertised, discussed and argued about for long enough is irrelevant really.... I just want to know what the facts are, compressed into a simple paragraph so a numpty like me can understand it and make a decision on what I’m doing next season, and having a factually correct excuse for chuckin my toys out the pram and getting my money back should i not be happy. Tbh, I have neither the time nor the inclination to sift thru the weeks and weeks of threads to find the small snippet I need.

I was happy to let it ride, just let it ride and carry on, but it seems at first glance that was too difficult.

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:54 am

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:52 am
Don't forget the horrendous football we play.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:59 am

bobinho wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:47 am
I’m sure you are right, and I’m not fussed that the deadline has passed, I just wanted to know, in a nutshell, what the score is. I knew the deadline was Friday, then extended to Saturday, so I’m not complaining about missing it. I’d just like to know what the “deal” was. Whether it’s been advertised, discussed and argued about for long enough is irrelevant really.... I just want to know what the facts are, compressed into a simple paragraph so a numpty like me can understand it and make a decision on what I’m doing next season, and having a factually correct excuse for chuckin my toys out the pram and getting my money back should i not be happy. Tbh, I have neither the time nor the inclination to sift thru the weeks and weeks of threads to find the small snippet I need.

I was happy to let it ride, just let it ride and carry on, but it seems at first glance that was too difficult.
Hopefully this helps
https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/faqs

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:22 am

Never read as many excuses not to attend a football match from you fickle lot.

I am as thick as mince and renewed in minutes on line. VAR I am a massive fan, I think it benefits the smaller clubs like ourselves. Can know one do anything or go nowhere without having a mate to hold your hand, ffs man up
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:32 am

Top Claret wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:22 am

I am as thick as mince and renewed in minutes on line. VAR I am a massive fan, I think it benefits the smaller clubs like ourselves. Can know one do anything or go nowhere without having a mate to hold your hand, ffs man up
I agree with all that, apart from VAR.... It's great TV, but extremely annoying watching live, not knowing whether to jump up or not......but it won't stop me going to a game.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:33 am

Grumps wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:32 am
I agree with all that, apart from VAR.... It's great TV, but extremely annoying watching live, not knowing whether to jump up or not......but it won't stop me going to a game.
I love VAR because you get 2 jumps for the price of one

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:49 am

Top Claret wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:33 am
I love VAR because you get 2 jumps for the price of one
It's the ones where you start a jump and realise you have to stop halfway through that I have a problem with...
This user liked this post: Top Claret

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:56 am

Top Claret wrote:

Man up? Lool were not going into war it's a matter of watching hoofball or not so more a matter of get a life or go watch that.

bobinho

Post by bobinho » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:58 am

Top Claret wrote:

Wanna be careful on here mate with that last comment.... :shock: I’m personally ok with it, but there’s plenty ready to take offence and report it. Struggle to see where offence can be found in it, but maybe that’s a generational thing.

Oh, and you didn’t need to do yourself down with that opening statement in your second paragraph..... we managed to work that out after reading the second sentence. :lol: ;)

Thanks for the link to the club website btw.... most enlightening.