O/T Stock Markets

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
willsclarets
Been Liked: 680 times
Has Liked: 133 times

O/T Stock Markets

Post by willsclarets » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:24 pm

Interesting day today for anyone who dabbles in the stock market What is happening in the US particularly is just ridiculous. You can't print money for fun, give away cheap debt and run a massive deficit without consequence. All the FED have done is kick the can down the road. Productivity hasn't gone up, potential earnings (for the most part) have not gone up because rates had to increase with their fiscal policy and tax also had to rise to pay for covid. The prices that stocks are trading at as a ratio of earnings is crazy, and at the end of the day the market will correct to reflect the future flow of dividends. What annoys me most is that the FED are pedalling it; retail investing via robinhood and penny stocks have just gone crazy. I read the other day, that a deli making $80k had been traded up to a $100 million dollar market cap.

Finally they've got to the stage where the bond market is in danger of collapse, and there's no more room to decrease interest rates. They're going to do the impossible, which is to create massive inflation. Commodity prices are already rocketing. And somehow there's suprise today, when Biden announces capital gains tax has to go up. You mean they need a way to pay some of this money back? No way! Again and again, after every crisis or bust, the fed repeats its strategy to pump the economy without real growth and hope to solve the problem another day. Who suffers at the end of all this? Regular working people. Wealthy investors have made millions from the covid crisis in the short space of a year with a massive helping hand, knowing full well the party will be over soon. It's a disgrace.
Last edited by willsclarets on Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Re: O/T Stock Markets

Post by FCBurnley » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:44 pm

You ain’t seen nothing yet. What you say is totally correct but only the tip of the iceberg. I am not going into details as no doubt I will be accused of the usual racism etc. I can only suggest you do your own homework. Just research the Corporation of the United States / Washington DC. City of London. Vatican City and then make your own decision. I can only pray that the good guys win.

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:44 pm

All to clever for me but should “delhi” be deli?

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:46 pm

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:44 pm
All to clever for me but should “delhi” be deli?
haha! Whoops.

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:47 pm

corrected thanks :)

FCBurnley

Post by FCBurnley » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:47 pm

Must be an Indian deli

FCBurnley

Post by FCBurnley » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:53 pm

You might have just created a great business name. The Indian Deli. You should register Indiandeli.com. 👍

jollyjack
Been Liked: 107 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by jollyjack » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:33 pm

If (when) it corrects then it'll be business as normal for long term investors. S&S ISAs returning 30% p/a is a pipe dream. Got my pot in 80% US/UK/Europe equities but am keeping it there for the next decade. Europe esp. UK equities as undervalued as US are over. Tech stocks will fall no doubt. Consequences of inflation is what will really hit people over time.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:39 pm

willsclarets wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:24 pm
Interesting day today for anyone who dabbles in the stock market What is happening in the US particularly is just ridiculous. You can't print money for fun, give away cheap debt and run a massive deficit without consequence. All the FED have done is kick the can down the road. Productivity hasn't gone up, potential earnings (for the most part) have not gone up because rates had to increase with their fiscal policy and tax also had to rise to pay for covid. The prices that stocks are trading at as a ratio of earnings is crazy, and at the end of the day the market will correct to reflect the future flow of dividends. What annoys me most is that the FED are pedalling it; retail investing via robinhood and penny stocks have just gone crazy. I read the other day, that a deli making $80k had been traded up to a $100 million dollar market cap.

Finally they've got to the stage where the bond market is in danger of collapse, and there's no more room to decrease interest rates. They're going to do the impossible, which is to create massive inflation. Commodity prices are already rocketing. And somehow there's suprise today, when Biden announces capital gains tax has to go up. You mean they need a way to pay some of this money back? No way! Again and again, after every crisis or bust, the fed repeats its strategy to pump the economy without real growth and hope to solve the problem another day. Who suffers at the end of all this? Regular working people. Wealthy investors have made millions from the covid crisis in the short space of a year with a massive helping hand, knowing full well the party will be over soon. It's a disgrace.
And hust wait till Joe Public gets the bill for going all electric. Fuel poverty will be rife. Right now on some cold days renewable capacity is little more than 1% of maximum demand.