The joys of us being a community club.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Re: The joys of us being a community club.

Post by tim_noone » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:22 am

Hipper wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:05 am
Firstly I can't see why vouchers have an expiry date unless there is some commercial or accountancy aspect to this. The new law mentioned above sounds like common sense.

In this individual case it is obvious that a polite letter/e-mail to the club on the lines of the OP should at least get some sort of response if not satisfaction.
Everything has an Expiry date.......while the clock ticks.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:47 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:48 am
To be honest Sid, I just find it very upsetting to think of somebody slogging away all year on minimum wage* and saving up to buy their relative some vouchers for Christmas to spend at BFC, only to be told they are now worthless bits of paper after 18 months when we've been under lockdown and/ or travel restrictions for the best part of that and they've been irredeemable online.

If this were a Tesco or an Asda I'd expect it, but for this to happen at BFC who market themselves at this amazing community club leaves a very bitter taste. You realise that at the end of the day, they're just another company interested in screwing a hundred quid out of someone and giving them nothing back. If they had anything about them, anything at all, they'd have let bfccrazy walk out of the club shop with what he was owed. They've already taken payment for it, after all.

*not suggesting this is bfccrazy, just a general point
My parents used to get my kids vouchers for things like the cinema etc.
They soon realised it wasn't worth doing because my kids were pretty crap at using them, more likely to lose them.

The club/business has done everything by the book, it's down to the consumer to ensure they either spend the vouchers, or in the case of a pandemic, contact said business about it to find a resolution before or just after the expiry date, not 9 months later...

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:55 am

Leisure wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:11 am
On behalf of the Burnley FC Supporters Groups I raised this issue in February with the Club's SLO and this was the response which we received -

Update Feb 2021 - please note that the Club will extend the expiry date of the TeamCard points gathered in the 2019/20 season beyond the 1st April 2021 deadline mentioned above (or TeamCard information pages). We recognise that supporters have had restrictions placed upon the ability to use these points so we want to reassure all supporters that we will give you ample chance to use these points. Once we have further information regarding the extended expiry dates we will publish an update on this webpage. If you have further questions regarding expiry dates then please contact us (my email)

We also received this from her in February -

Re the points / vouchers –as I write the Club cannot give a definitive deadline at the moment; this is shaped by national policy surrounding what may happen with retail outlets which if not opened in the next months then we wont impose a deadline just yet. Rest assured when and if we do impose a deadline it will be with good notice as we appreciate that just opening the store again doesn’t mean all supporters will feel comfortable to come in to use the points immediately.

Since the I haven't seen any update etc on the Club website (I accept that it could have been on there and I missed it but I can't see anything about a 3 month extension on there now).

I've asked the SLO for clarification /comment on the issue but she is away until 13th Sept.
This wasn’t for team card points etc … this was for physical vouchers from the club shop.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:31 am

I learnt the hard way with vouchers. Around 10 years ago, I bought a couple of hundred quids worth for a south-west spa hotel. The hotel went into receivership, and like always, the consumer is at the back of the queue. I didn't have a leg to stand on, however, regarding the club shop, they are clearly in breach of consumer protection law. Shabby corner shop mentality, isn't it.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:35 am

Billy Balfour wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:31 am
I learnt the hard way with vouchers. Around 10 years ago, I bought a couple of hundred quids worth for a south-west spa hotel. The hotel went into receivership, and like always, the consumer is at the back of the queue. I didn't have a leg to stand on, however, regarding the club shop, they are clearly in breach of consumer protection law. Shabby corner shop mentality, isn't it.
As mentioned above by a couple of people, they haven’t done anything wrong legally. I guess I’m just an idiot for believing that morally the club would act on this sort of thing in a better nature - more fool me for buying into the “community club and here for our fans” spiel spouted off by the club.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:56 am

bfccrazy wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:35 am
As mentioned above by a couple of people, they haven’t done anything wrong legally. I guess I’m just an idiot for believing that morally the club would act on this sort of thing in a better nature - more fool me for buying into the “community club and here for our fans” spiel spouted off by the club.
They probably saw the post where you had lost interest.....with the club.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:59 am

tim_noone wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:56 am
They probably saw the post where you had lost interest.....with the club.
Probably, done a great job of trying to remedy that haven’t they :lol:

Sean Dyche's Watch
Been Liked: 233 times

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:04 pm

Froobs wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:04 pm
Wasnt the little porky pig shop manager was it by any chance?

Been in a few times and im sure he thinks hes Mr Pace himself
I was about to ask the very same question.

I've only been in the club shop a handful of times over the last few months, and every time I've been in he's been very pushy, trying to sell me stock they can't get rid of.

My most recent encounter with him involved me asking if they could put a programme aside for me after each home game, and I'll come in the next working day to but it. 'Can't do that' he said. 'Why?' I said. 'Just can't' he replied, and walked away before I had chance to challenge his unhelpful response! His colleagues looked embarrassed, suggesting it's not the first time he's displayed such behaviour.

It's disappointing. When I go in the club shop now, I feel more like a customer rather than a fan. It didn't used to be like that.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:12 pm

Sean Dyche's Watch wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:04 pm

I've only been in the club shop a handful of times over the last few months, and every time I've been in he's been very pushy, trying to sell me stock they can't get rid of.

My most recent encounter with him involved me asking if they could put a programme aside for me after each home game, and I'll come in the next working day to but it. 'Can't do that' he said. 'Why?' I said. 'Just can't' he replied, and walked away before I had chance to challenge his unhelpful response! His colleagues looked embarrassed, suggesting it's not the first time he's displayed such behaviour.

It's disappointing. When I go in the club shop now, I feel more like a customer rather than a fan. It didn't used to be like that.
Have you ever spent time waiting for someone making a delivery to your house or utility companies? This guys no fool.....

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 770 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:15 pm

I wonder if this shop manager posts on or reads this board. 😂😂😂

Froobs
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Froobs » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:20 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:15 pm
Hope so
Hope he sees the comment porky pig

Thats all folks
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

Sean Dyche's Watch
Been Liked: 233 times

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:22 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
I hope he does. He may then start to think about his behaviour, and how it is perceived by others.

If he doesn't see this thread, then I hope someone brings it to his attention.
This user liked this post: ksrclaret

Froobs

Post by Froobs » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:24 pm

Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:22 pm
I hope he does. He may then start to think about his behaviour, and how it is perceived by others.

If he doesn't see this thread, then I hope someone brings it to his attention.
Glad its not just me.
Hes been like that for a long while that chap

Red Fox Rocks Socks
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by Red Fox Rocks Socks » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:28 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
We’ll know when we get a post like

I went in recently and had fantastic service by a man who in no way at all resembled porky pig.
This user liked this post: ksrclaret

Leisure
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 12499 times

Post by Leisure » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:39 pm

bfccrazy wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:55 am
This wasn’t for team card points etc … this was for physical vouchers from the club shop.
Her 2nd email was also related to vouchers.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6965 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:52 pm

Respect works both ways guys, and calling someone porky pig because of their appearance doesn’t suggest that you are any better than them.
These 3 users liked this post: burnmark Bosscat Froobs

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:00 pm

Froobs wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:24 pm
Glad its not just me.
Hes been like that for a long while that chap
At least he doesn't welch on his bets.

Where's my money cutsy?

Froobs

Post by Froobs » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:02 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:52 pm
Respect works both ways guys, and calling someone porky pig because of their appearance doesn’t suggest that you are any better than them.
I guess its more the annoyance of the way it seems the same chap has treated many others. Fair comment

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 521 times

Post by beddie » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:17 pm

I reiterate what I’ve already mentioned, just go straight to the top and email Mr Pace with your thoughts and concerns.
This user liked this post: Peter Loo

Froobs

Post by Froobs » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:20 pm

beddie wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:17 pm
I reiterate what I’ve already mentioned, just go straight to the top and email Mr Pace with your thoughts and concerns.
How?

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 521 times

Post by beddie » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:35 pm

I don’t have the authority to provide that information but if you email the club shop or ticket office I’m sure they’ll provide the the details you need.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:10 pm

Red Fox Rocks Socks wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:34 pm
I’ve had issues with this employee before now also. Some time ago but an unpleasant character
Me too.

He was the one telling me it was ok to by my 12 year old son a shirt with a gambling sponsor on as he was in a small mens, and "he wouldn't say anything, how does he know who om buying it for"
I was trying to point out is it not illegal as well as it didn't sit well with me morally that a child not yet even a teen is wearing a football shirt with a gambling advertisement on, so I'd prefer one without if there's an option.

Safe to say after trying to point this out and him trying to be all funny make me feel like I were letting my son down after saying " you want one just like the players do dont you?"
I just walked out

Might just have one of those personalities and approaches some people thinks funny and nice, whilst others are instantly put off and think a bit of a kn0b

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:36 pm

I'd have thought Burnley's MP would be busy enough without working in the club shop.

MDWat
Been Liked: 879 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Post by MDWat » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:57 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:36 pm
I'd have thought Burnley's MP would be busy enough without working in the club shop.
Burn

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:07 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:11 am
On behalf of the Burnley FC Supporters Groups I raised this issue in February with the Club's SLO and this was the response which we received -

Update Feb 2021 - please note that the Club will extend the expiry date of the TeamCard points gathered in the 2019/20 season beyond the 1st April 2021 deadline mentioned above (or TeamCard information pages). We recognise that supporters have had restrictions placed upon the ability to use these points so we want to reassure all supporters that we will give you ample chance to use these points. Once we have further information regarding the extended expiry dates we will publish an update on this webpage. If you have further questions regarding expiry dates then please contact us (my email)

We also received this from her in February -

Re the points / vouchers –as I write the Club cannot give a definitive deadline at the moment; this is shaped by national policy surrounding what may happen with retail outlets which if not opened in the next months then we wont impose a deadline just yet. Rest assured when and if we do impose a deadline it will be with good notice as we appreciate that just opening the store again doesn’t mean all supporters will feel comfortable to come in to use the points immediately.

Since the I haven't seen any update etc on the Club website (I accept that it could have been on there and I missed it but I can't see anything about a 3 month extension on there now).

I've asked the SLO for clarification /comment on the issue but she is away until 13th Sept.
I’m pleased you’ve responded Leisure because my name was mentioned and I thought you had asked the question of the club.

This needs clarification.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:08 pm

beddie wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:17 pm
All supporter queries are supposed to go through the SLO. I very much doubt you’d get a response from the chairman.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:10 pm

MACCA wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:10 pm
Me too.

He was the one telling me it was ok to by my 12 year old son a shirt with a gambling sponsor on as he was in a small mens, and "he wouldn't say anything, how does he know who om buying it for"
I was trying to point out is it not illegal as well as it didn't sit well with me morally that a child not yet even a teen is wearing a football shirt with a gambling advertisement on, so I'd prefer one without if there's an option.

Safe to say after trying to point this out and him trying to be all funny make me feel like I were letting my son down after saying " you want one just like the players do dont you?"
I just walked out

Might just have one of those personalities and approaches some people thinks funny and nice, whilst others are instantly put off and think a bit of a kn0b
If you’ve had this response then complain and escalate if you don’t get a proper response/result.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:35 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:47 am
My parents used to get my kids vouchers for things like the cinema etc.
They soon realised it wasn't worth doing because my kids were pretty crap at using them, more likely to lose them.

The club/business has done everything by the book, it's down to the consumer to ensure they either spend the vouchers, or in the case of a pandemic, contact said business about it to find a resolution before or just after the expiry date, not 9 months later...
I think you're missing the point. Any business can fulfil its legal obligations and no more, and there is nothing legally anyone else can do about it. If a company can make £10 by putting a pensioner out of her home, in a legal manner, then they are entitled to do it.

It's the customer service issue. If you have the chance of buying from a company who you know is in it purely for short term profit and they will screw you for every penny they legally can, would you buy from them? You wouldn't be so keen. It would often profit a company to do more than their legal minimum, simply for good future relations with that customer and with others.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11059 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:43 pm

Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:04 pm

and I guarantee Alan Pace would be horrified by hearing these stories

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:06 am

dsr wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:35 pm
I think you're missing the point. Any business can fulfil its legal obligations and no more, and there is nothing legally anyone else can do about it. If a company can make £10 by putting a pensioner out of her home, in a legal manner, then they are entitled to do it.

It's the customer service issue. If you have the chance of buying from a company who you know is in it purely for short term profit and they will screw you for every penny they legally can, would you buy from them? You wouldn't be so keen. It would often profit a company to do more than their legal minimum, simply for good future relations with that customer and with others.
I haven't missed any point.
A customer wants special treatment because they failed to deal with this issue in the appropriate time, suddenly demanding it's resolved 9 mths after the voucher originally expired and blaming the business for everything when they should really be looking closer to home.

Chop out the emotions and that's the basics of it.

All businesses are in it for the money and profit, both short and long term.
In regards to customer service issues, from what I can see the customer has failed to contact the business about their issue during the initial 12 mth validity period of the voucher and have waited for an extended period of time after it expired.

I've worked customer service and tbh I wouldn't feel obliged to do anything about this issue due to the timescale involved.
1-2 mths maybe yes I would as a gesture of goodwill, but not 9mths no, it would be considered a **** take.

Maybe the club could've put out a press release when the lockdowns started, but again the onus is on the person in possession of a gift voucher to ensure they use it or to seek an extension if needed.
This user liked this post: AfloatinClaret

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:37 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:06 am
A customer wants special treatment because they failed to deal with this issue in the appropriate time, suddenly demanding it's resolved 9 mths after the voucher originally expired and blaming the business for everything when they should really be looking closer to home.

In regards to customer service issues, from what I can see the customer has failed to contact the business about their issue during the initial 12 mth validity period of the voucher and have waited for an extended period of time after it expired.

I've worked customer service and tbh I wouldn't feel obliged to do anything about this issue due to the timescale involved.
1-2 mths maybe yes I would as a gesture of goodwill, but not 9mths no, it would be considered a **** take.

Maybe the club could've put out a press release when the lockdowns started, but again the onus is on the person in possession of a gift voucher to ensure they use it or to seek an extension if needed.
I've not checked it, but if this is correct then BFC don't have a leg to stand on:

Under the Consumer Protection (Gift Vouchers) Act 2019 there is a 5-year minimum expiry date for all vouchers sold after 2 December 2019. Under the new rules, gift vouchers must either: Have no expiry date, or. Must be valid for at least 5 years from the date the gift voucher is issued.22 Jun 2020

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1508 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:12 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:37 am
I've not checked it, but if this is correct then BFC don't have a leg to stand on:

Under the Consumer Protection (Gift Vouchers) Act 2019 there is a 5-year minimum expiry date for all vouchers sold after 2 December 2019. Under the new rules, gift vouchers must either: Have no expiry date, or. Must be valid for at least 5 years from the date the gift voucher is issued.22 Jun 2020
You need to read the rest of the thread, this is Irish legislation only.

I’m actually with Sid on this. We’re not a charity. There has been ample time to sort this out and they haven’t bothered to do it. That’s on you.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:15 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:12 am
You need to read the rest of the thread, this is Irish legislation only.

I’m actually with Sid on this. We’re not a charity. There has been ample time to sort this out and they haven’t bothered to do it. That’s on you.
fair enough, I did say "I've not checked it, but if this is correct" in my defence :D

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 892 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:03 am

As others have alluded to, we’re not a community club anymore. Gone are the days of passing the begging bucket around the Turf.

The OP still has my sympathy, though.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 770 times

Post by ksrclaret » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:11 am

BurnleyFC wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:03 am
As others have alluded to, we’re not a community club anymore. Gone are the days of passing the begging bucket around the Turf.

The OP still has my sympathy, though.
You know what they say though;

Be nice to people on the way up. You never know who you’re going to meet on the way down.
These 2 users liked this post: BurnleyFC Falcon

RMutt
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:58 am

Out of interest. What would be a legitimate reason for having a time limit on vouchers? Assuming it’s not a promotion of some sort or for a product with limited availability.

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:31 am

RMutt wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:58 am
Out of interest. What would be a legitimate reason for having a time limit on vouchers? Assuming it’s not a promotion of some sort or for a product with limited availability.
Inflation

RMutt
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:38 am

taio wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:31 am
Inflation
Would that not work against the purchaser? Say you buy a ten quid voucher that might buy you a scarf or something. You come back a few years later and it only gets you a car sticker.
This user liked this post: bf2k

Leisure
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 12499 times

Post by Leisure » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:39 am

I posted this on here in February 2021 -

UPDATE - On behalf of the Burnley FC Supporters Groups I've been in touch with the club regarding the issue of not being able to use points and vouchers when buying from the online shop and the fact that vouchers are only valid for 12 months. This is the very positive reply which I've received -

'we will extend the validity of store vouchers and points until further notice once we have a clearer picture we will add more detail to this. I hope that helps and if any supporter group has a query regarding an individual case then please encourage them to email the Supporters Liaison Officer directly or James in the store. We will always listen and consider individual circumstances and make allowance where possible, we know finances are tight for many. We value and recognise the continued support of people by spending money with us and keeping monies in accounts over lockdown'.

Also, this is now on the club website -

'We recognise some supporters have accumulated TeamCard points last season. This maybe due to having these points added to their TeamCard (in place of a cash refund for last seasons unattended matches) or just from retail spends.

We would like to advise all supporters that any expiry date that may have applied to these points will be extended indefinately as we write. Once we have a firm understanding as to how long local Covid restriction may be inplace across retail sites we will advise further on this. So all supporters will be able to use them throughout 2021 once the retail store reopens.

We are also working towards providing supporters with the ability to use these points online and so you can purchase items from our retail store from the comfort of your home. The Club is working with our partners to enable this as soon as practicable.

We thank you for your patience whilst this is under development.

If you have a specific question please contact us on email our Supporter/Disability Liaison Officer'.

I've not seen any update on this on the Club website and can't find any reference to it on there now. I've aske the SLO to comment on the issue but she's away until next Monday.

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:01 am

Dyched wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:53 am
ImageImage

3 months before lockdown 1.
4 months between lockdown 1 and 2.
5 months since lockdown 3.
You're assuming people are in the area. Most areas were advised not to travel to Lancashire even outside of restrictions.

Stick up for the club as much as you want top & bottom it is poor. It would have surely been sensible to extend the vouchers for another 12 months AND COMMUNICATE ANY CHANGES!!! But hey we all know communication was (possibly still is) at the bottom of the clubs strengths list.

As for the club shop manager, he is a bit of a plonker. I've seen him treat customers with sarcasm and contempt. My dad asked him what the fit of the shirt was like this season (like others have on here) and got told "like every other shirt". When you think of some of the other people who have lost their job recently at the Turf you do wonder why this man has slipped the net. Am I right in thinking it's this guy who didn't want the shop in the town centre?

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:06 am

RMutt wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:38 am
Would that not work against the purchaser? Say you buy a ten quid voucher that might buy you a scarf or something. You come back a few years later and it only gets you a car sticker.
It so the club can realise the revenue. Purchasing a voucher won't go into the revenue figures until it is redeemed against a saleable item. Otherwise, when the voucher is redeem the goods it is exchanged for would in theory be sold for free.

dsr

Post by dsr » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:30 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:06 am

I take it that using the term "the customer is always right" was a sackable offence in your customer service department.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:35 am

dsr wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:30 am
I take it that using the term "the customer is always right" was a sackable offence in your customer service department.
I think all the companies that took that literally went bust.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:45 am

dsr wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:30 am
No, but then again the customer isn't always right and having that mindset isn't good for business.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:49 am

bf2k wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:01 am
You're assuming people are in the area. Most areas were advised not to travel to Lancashire even outside of restrictions.

Stick up for the club as much as you want top & bottom it is poor. It would have surely been sensible to extend the vouchers for another 12 months AND COMMUNICATE ANY CHANGES!!! But hey we all know communication was (possibly still is) at the bottom of the clubs strengths list.

As for the club shop manager, he is a bit of a plonker. I've seen him treat customers with sarcasm and contempt. My dad asked him what the fit of the shirt was like this season (like others have on here) and got told "like every other shirt". When you think of some of the other people who have lost their job recently at the Turf you do wonder why this man has slipped the net. Am I right in thinking it's this guy who didn't want the shop in the town centre?
To be fair to the club, there were people whinging on here a little while ago around the pre season games, about something the club had actually posted on the club site but people couldn't be arsed to read the entire article so missed it.

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:50 am

MACCA wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:10 pm
Me too.

I just walked out

What do you expect he's an arigant Man Utd fan living in Todmorden, I'd be ****** off everyday if I was him

dsr

Post by dsr » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:54 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:45 am
No, but then again the customer isn't always right and having that mindset isn't good for business.
If both parties to any sort of contract are happy with the deal, it improves the chances of both future sales from that customer and future recommendations by that customer to other potential customers. Keeping the customer happy often has a better long term outcome than following the letter of the law to take all you can from him and give as little as possible back.

Alanstevensonsgloves
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by Alanstevensonsgloves » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:54 am

I have the same issue with Sports Direct. Whats the chances a tweet to Mike Cashley will sort it out 🤔😂

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3193 times
Has Liked: 1873 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:06 am

bf2k wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:01 am

Other than having the replica kits, the only other stock they seemed to have in there was the tat that he didn’t want/couldn’t sell in the Turf store.

I’ve said this before, if the club had a decent club shop in town it would get more sales.
If you are in town, you would be more likely to pop in on a whim, than go to the one at Turf
This user liked this post: bf2k

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:25 am

dsr wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:54 am
If both parties to any sort of contract are happy with the deal, it improves the chances of both future sales from that customer and future recommendations by that customer to other potential customers. Keeping the customer happy often has a better long term outcome than following the letter of the law to take all you can from him and give as little as possible back.
The original deal - sale of a voucher with a 12mth time limit.
The buyer was happy with that and presented it as a gift to someone else.
If anyone should be annoyed, it should be the buyer, not the recipient of the gift, because the buyer has wasted their time and money buying said gift.
The recipient has then ignored the expiration date and 9 months later decided to get upset that they failed to contact the club within an appropriate timescale to resolve the issue.

The club haven't really done anything wrong, they couldn't contact the recipient of the voucher, we've already seen that people don't really read everything on the club website and after a large period of time they'd assume the voucher was lost/damaged or the recipient didn't want to spend it.

The customer ain't always right and this example proves it.

I've purchased a shirt from the club before now, online with my name printed on the back and without checking the sizing....it didn't fit, but I didn't blame the club because I'm the one who failed to check fitment first.