A small present for the Naysayers and Blubbers

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

A small present for the Naysayers and Blubbers

Post by AlargeClaret » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:51 pm

Please take this and close the door behind you . We’re Burnley ffs.
Attachments
F67F8775-DFF2-4BD3-AAC1-48373FA3D052.jpeg
F67F8775-DFF2-4BD3-AAC1-48373FA3D052.jpeg (129.36 KiB) Viewed 3402 times
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat k90bfc Goddy

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 278 times
Has Liked: 3308 times

Re: A small present for the Naysayers and Blubbers

Post by cockneyclaret » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:57 pm

🤣🤣🤣

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18285 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:58 pm

Heres a song for them too

https://youtu.be/EJ29pVhsdMs

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:59 pm

Ironic how many posters have a go at the more downbeat and negative viewpoints as being bedwetters and blubberers whilst seemingly getting their knickers in a twist and throwing their toys out of the pram because they are too fragile to cope with people saying nasty things about our manager and our club.

Really is hard to tell which side the big babies actually belong too
These 4 users liked this post: cockneyclaret Shaggy Vegas Claret Jamesy

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:10 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:59 pm
Ironic how many posters have a go at the more downbeat and negative viewpoints as being bedwetters and blubberers whilst seemingly getting their knickers in a twist and throwing their toys out of the pram because they are too fragile to cope with people saying nasty things about our manager and our club.

Really is hard to tell which side the big babies actually belong too
We’re a poor side of (mainly) past it pros. Everyone knows that and accepts how hard this season would be as the club rebuilds . It’s a time for getting in the trenches with the team not bemoaning the past poor investment in our squad .
These 5 users liked this post: Bosscat RalphCoatesComb k90bfc Taffy on the wing Goddy

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:19 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:10 pm
We’re a poor side of (mainly) past it pros. Everyone knows that and accepts how hard this season would be as the club rebuilds . It’s a time for getting in the trenches with the team not bemoaning the past poor investment in our squad .
Have a listen to yourself going on about getting in the trenches. its just a messageboard and by starting threads like this you sound just as daft and pathetic as all the negative ninnies do
These 5 users liked this post: boatshed bill cockneyclaret Newcastleclaret93 Vegas Claret Burnley Ace

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:25 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:19 pm
Have a listen to yourself going on about getting in the trenches. its just a messageboard and by starting threads like this you sound just as daft and pathetic as all the negative ninnies do
😂😂😂 So you think all the ones being Negative are "Ninnies" isn't that just going stir up more trouble DA and also calling them daft and pathetic ... shame on you for stirring the pot (as usual 😉) ...

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:10 pm

I’ve avoided coming on here since the defeat. Now I have I realise I was right not to. I can get with people being a bit down and negative and also understand those who criticise them, but we seem to forget that we are all (or should be) Clarets. Why are people arguing and falling out just because we have differing opinions? If you moan and criticise you are somehow pathetic and downbeat. If you are optimistic you are living in cloud cuckoo land like some naive optimist. We all have our views on the current situation and come the end of the season some of us will end up being wrong and some right. What does it matter in the end?
For what it’s worth I still think we’ll be okay but then what do I know? Probably about as much as everyone else.
These 2 users liked this post: superdimitri Juan Tanamera

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:41 pm

I don't think its two sides of fans disagreeing, we all change our minds from time to time.
But seeing comments saying how great one of our players is one week, then reading that he wouldnt get in a championship side the next is annoying.
Same goes for the manager, we see great outpourings of praise when he does his job right and keeps us up again and again, but we hit a bad patch and same people want shut of him.
It makes no sense whatsoever. We all must know by now he has been perfect for the club.
Imagine one of the foreign coaches who flit about from club to club with regularity taking the helm at the Turf !! they would struggle to make any difference to our team. They are used to spending big, and getting funds whenever its required. Burnley can't operate that way, so we have to plod a bit and things get tricky.
Its frustrating, but ultimately it has always been worth it .

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11059 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:16 pm

oh look, one of those "I don't agree with your opinion so I'm going to start name calling" threads

Abject pissery of the highest level
These 2 users liked this post: BLH_Claret Juan Tanamera

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by superdimitri » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:29 am

houseboy wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:10 pm
I’ve avoided coming on here since the defeat. Now I have I realise I was right not to. I can get with people being a bit down and negative and also understand those who criticise them, but we seem to forget that we are all (or should be) Clarets. Why are people arguing and falling out just because we have differing opinions? If you moan and criticise you are somehow pathetic and downbeat. If you are optimistic you are living in cloud cuckoo land like some naive optimist. We all have our views on the current situation and come the end of the season some of us will end up being wrong and some right. What does it matter in the end?
For what it’s worth I still think we’ll be okay but then what do I know? Probably about as much as everyone else.
Well said. We're all fans of the same club yet there's always stupid fights going on between posters. I understand people are negative right now, they can be negative with us first in the table for all I care.

I've been negative in the past so I understand it, right now like you I'm not feeling anywhere near as concerned as some are on here but I'm not going to ridicule them if they have that opinion.

It's natural to be concerned and fear the worst, and people need to remember posts on a message board have no bearing on how the poster supports the club.

blsclaret
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by blsclaret » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:41 am

superdimitri wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:29 am
Well said. We're all fans of the same club yet there's always stupid fights going on between posters. I understand people are negative right now, they can be negative with us first in the table for all I care.

I've been negative in the past so I understand it, right now like you I'm not feeling anywhere near as concerned as some are on here but I'm not going to ridicule them if they have that opinion.

It's natural to be concerned and fear the worst, and people need to remember posts on a message board have no bearing on how the poster supports the club.

Every season I say, finish in the top half of the bottom six. Nothing has changed.

We don't beat the teams around us. Nothing has changed.

Give it a few months eh ?

Goddy
Been Liked: 192 times
Has Liked: 694 times

Post by Goddy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:46 am

Again, a thread descends into the usual tit-for-tattery.

I took the OP as a bit of fun and making the point that let's just get on with supporting our team.

Personally, yes, I do get a bit fed up when we lose (or don't perform) but then soon remind myself that... 'jeez - it's a football match for goodness sake and, quite frankly, not that important in the grand scheme of things. Just enjoy the ride and whatever will be, will be'.

Right - I'm already looking forward to next Sunday and will be right behind the lads (and will be afterwards whether we win, lose or draw).

Have a nice day, everyone!
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3809 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:57 am

AlargeClaret wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:10 pm
So fans are supposed to just accept we're a poor side and be happy with it? Btw, you just criticised Dyche who put together the squad of past it pros.

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 1521 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:03 pm

We ARE supporting the team.

Those supporting Dyche are the ones surrendering to their small club mentality. The irony!

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:39 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:57 am
So fans are supposed to just accept we're a poor side and be happy with it? Btw, you just criticised Dyche who put together the squad of past it pros.
SD worked within his budget . There’s signs of investment now with Cornet , Collins’s talent , Roberts about to break through and hopefully a quality mid in the window

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:46 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:39 pm
SD worked within his budget . There’s signs of investment now with Cornet , Collins’s talent , Roberts about to break through and hopefully a quality mid in the window
We've spent probably £50m on Vydra, Wood and Rodriguez. There's not an ounce of quality between them aside from Wood scoring headers.

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2984 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:52 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:57 am
Hard to know how to politely respond this post is so ridiculous. The squad was put together within the limitations of the money available and has performed brilliantly well over the past few seasons in that context. The manager has been openly desirous of more investment in the squad over the last couple of years whilst at all times being respectful of the club's business model. Unfortunately the last 2 years lack of such investment ...despite his wishes...has given us problems as the squad has got older and we have not kept pace with our rivals in bringing in new blood. Could you have done better than Sean Dyche KRBFC ? How exactly ?
The lack of respect for the manager who has given us more success than we could ever have dreamed of since taking over is pathetic.
These 3 users liked this post: Rombald tiger76 Juan Tanamera

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2984 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:55 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:46 pm
We've spent probably £50m on Vydra, Wood and Rodriguez. There's not an ounce of quality between them aside from Wood scoring headers.
Again...so pathetic and infantile it doesn't really merit sensible response. 50 PL goals forChris Wood and one of a handful of strikers to notch double figures in each of the last 4 seasons. Turning on JayRod at the back end of his career and saying he has no quality .......ludicrous. Were you saying that after he ripped the back out of De Gea's net a couple of seasons ago ?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:58 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:55 pm
Again...so pathetic and infantile it doesn't really merit sensible response. 50 PL goals forChris Wood and one of a handful of strikers to notch double figures in each of the last 4 seasons. Turning on JayRod at the back end of his career and saying he has no quality .......ludicrous. Were you saying that after he ripped the back out of De Gea's net a couple of seasons ago ?
In fairness he has displayed a huge dose of resentment towards Jay for some time now. Jealousy is such an ugly trait.

It is either jealousy or he was that kid with the "Jay can I have your shirt" cardboard sign and got ignored.

Rombald
Been Liked: 127 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by Rombald » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:02 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:46 pm
Not an ounce of quality? Really?
You simply don't get double figures, season after season, in this league unless you have quality. That is Chris Wood.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:05 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Don't worry quite a few don't let the truth get in the way of a good unfactual moan on here

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:06 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:52 pm
Hard to know how to politely respond this post is so ridiculous. The squad was put together within the limitations of the money available and has performed brilliantly well over the past few seasons in that context. The manager has been openly desirous of more investment in the squad over the last couple of years whilst at all times being respectful of the club's business model. Unfortunately the last 2 years lack of such investment ...despite his wishes...has given us problems as the squad has got older and we have not kept pace with our rivals in bringing in new blood. Could you have done better than Sean Dyche KRBFC ? How exactly ?
The lack of respect for the manager who has given us more success than we could ever have dreamed of since taking over is pathetic.
You say the squad getting older but Rodriguez was 30 when he was signed, Stephens was 31, Pieters was 31, Lennon was 34. Guess what happens if you sign old players.... that's right the squad becomes old. When you sign players who aren't good enough to replace the old players so you have to resort to playing the old ones, you don't get to complain about an old squad.

I believe my expertise could've found us better quality than what we have now, I'd have found better quality than Rodriguez, Brownhill, Stephens and Vydra for the £30-35m spent on those 4. I remember mentioning Dani Ceballos and Pablo Fornals on here when both were 19-20 year old. I watched Doku play for the Belgium youth sides when he was a kid at Anderlecht (now he's one of the best young talents in Europe), in the same post I mentioned Eduardo Camavinga (who recently moved to Real Madrid). The key is to bringing these young players in before they breakout and move to the big clubs.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:10 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:06 pm
You say the squad getting older but Rodriguez was 30 when he was signed, Stephens was 31, Pieters was 31, Lennon was 34. Guess what happens if you sign old players.... that's right the squad becomes old. When you sign players who aren't good enough to replace the old players so you have to resort to playing the old ones, you don't get to complain about an old squad.

I believe my expertise could've found us better quality than what we have now, I'd have found better quality than Rodriguez, Brownhill, Stephens and Vydra for the £30-35m spent on those 4. I remember mentioning Dani Ceballos and Pablo Fornals on here when both were 19-20 year old. I watched Doku play for the Belgium youth sides when he was a kid at Anderlecht (now he's one of the best young talents in Europe), in the same post I mentioned Eduardo Camavinga (who recently moved to Real Madrid). The key is to bringing these young players in before they breakout and move to the big clubs.
Which clubs have you been involved with, I mean someone must be taking advantage of you

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:10 pm

I must admit KRBFC has got a good eye for spotting talent and has been proved right on players more often than not. A combination of someone like KRBFC heading up recruitment and leaving Dyche to just manage and lead the team would have been perfect combo and probably would have had us up with the likes of Wolves and West Ham

I fear that ship has sailed and as Burnley supporters we are all worse off as a result

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:12 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Turning on JayRod at the back end of his career and saying he has no quality .......ludicrous. Were you saying that after he ripped the back out of De Gea's net a couple of seasons ago ?
He hasn't been signed that long, was it 2019? and he's already at the back end of his career? that's an incredibly short shelf life for the fortune he's cost.

Rombald

Post by Rombald » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:15 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:12 pm
He hasn't been signed that long, was it 2019? and he's already at the back end of his career? that's an incredibly short shelf life for the fortune he's cost.
So, with your great expertise, do you not think Chris Wood has been value for Burnley?

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:16 pm

Rombald wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:15 pm
So, with your great expertise, do you not think Chris Wood has been value for Burnley?
I think we've got good value out of Wood for all his limitations, when he's not scoring goals his contribution is poor though.

Rombald

Post by Rombald » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:18 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:16 pm
I think we've got good value out of Wood for all his limitations, when he's not scoring goals his contribution is poor though.
Odd, as above you mention he has no quality

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:21 pm

Rombald wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:18 pm
Odd, as above you mention he has no quality
Aside from nicking a few goals a season, he's pretty low quality. He certainly wouldn't be a KRBFC recommendation at £17m.

Rombald

Post by Rombald » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:23 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:21 pm
Aside from nicking a few goals a season, he's pretty low quality. He certainly wouldn't be a KRBFC recommendation at £17m.
Nicking a few goals. F
I'll look forward to you passing your information onto the management team. It will be valued I'm sure

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:25 pm

Rombald wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:23 pm
Nicking a few goals. F
I'll look forward to you passing your information onto the management team. It will be valued I'm sure
Do you think Sean Dyche would listen to someone like KRBFC or would his ego be to big to allow it?

Rombald

Post by Rombald » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:26 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:25 pm
Do you think Sean Dyche would listen to someone like KRBFC or would his ego be to big to allow it?
Almost certainly he would listen to such an expert. Why not?

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:26 pm

Rombald wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:23 pm
Nicking a few goals. F
Problem being he would have recommended Solanke for 19m over Wood for 15m (why he keeps lying about the fees I have no idea)

Solanke has scored 3 goals in the Prem since Wood joined us, think I know which was the better signing

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:27 pm

if you're reading this Dyche, I'll bless you with a nugget, Jesper Karlsson left winger at AZ Alkmaar, has caps for Sweden, 23 years old, the shining light in a poor AZ side who haven't recovered from the loss of Myron Boadu and Koopmeiners.

I know about this player from watching almost every AZ game this season, I had 5 AZ players in my sorare fantasy football team which cost me quite a bit of cash to build and recently got sold.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:27 pm

Rombald wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:26 pm
Almost certainly he would listen to such an expert. Why not?
I agree but I read your last post as being a bit sceptical so was just checking

Rombald

Post by Rombald » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:28 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:27 pm
I agree but I read your last post as being a bit sceptical so was just checking
No. I've seen the light. Such expertise is not to be mocked
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:29 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:26 pm
Problem being he would have recommended Solanke for 19m over Wood for 15m (why he keeps lying about the fees I have no idea)

Solanke has scored 3 goals in the Prem since Wood joined us, think I know which was the better signing
What is their goal per minute played figure?

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:29 pm

Rombald wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:28 pm
No. I've seen the light. Such expertise is not to be mocked
It should be encouraged

Rombald

Post by Rombald » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:30 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:29 pm
It should be encouraged
As you rightly seem to do

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:32 pm

Rombald wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:30 pm
As you rightly seem to do

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:38 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:27 pm
if you're reading this Dyche, I'll bless you with a nugget, Jesper Karlsson left winger at AZ Alkmaar, has caps for Sweden, 23 years old, the shining light in a poor AZ side who haven't recovered from the loss of Myron Boadu and Koopmeiners.

I know about this player from watching almost every AZ game this season, I had 5 AZ players in my sorare fantasy football team which cost me quite a bit of cash to build and recently got sold.
someone send this to Ian Butterworth or whatever his name is, I don't want any credit.

Rombald

Post by Rombald » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:39 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:38 pm
someone send this to Ian Butterworth or whatever his name is, I don't want any credit.
Don't worry. I dont think you are in danger of any credit whatsoever

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5563 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:40 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:10 pm
I must admit KRBFC has got a good eye for spotting talent and has been proved right on players more often than not. A combination of someone like KRBFC heading up recruitment and leaving Dyche to just manage and lead the team would have been perfect combo and probably would have had us up with the likes of Wolves and West Ham

I fear that ship has sailed and as Burnley supporters we are all worse off as a result
Surely KRBFC's role should be extended heading up the recruitment of players and the manager. That way we'd be blessed with the even more perfect combo of KRBFC and Marco Silva and it'd Champions League here we come.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:42 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:40 pm
Surely KRBFC's role should be extended heading up the recruitment of players and the manager. That way we'd be blessed with the even more perfect combo of KRBFC and Marco Silva and it'd Champions League here we come.
Don't do this, the clown is already believing 1 poster was being serious when giving him credit
These 2 users liked this post: Rombald Juan Tanamera

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:44 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
rock and roll football, the fans wouldn't be bored I tell ya. Look at Fulham under Marco, smashing sides for fun, 50 goals in 21 games. I always knew Marco had something, just needed the right club to bring it out.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:44 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:42 pm
Don't do this, the clown is already believing 1 poster was being serious when giving him credit
lighten up you boring old knacker

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:46 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Thats a good shout but I think Mr Pace should have that responsibility and final say around the manager however ideally it would be part of KRBFCs remit and I would expect Mr Pace to work closely with KRBFC

Again that ship has sadly sailed and I think after this season Silva will be well out of our reach and it will more likely be big teams like Leeds and Leicester who will have a decent shout of poaching him away from Fulham in the future
This user liked this post: KRBFC

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5563 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:14 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:44 pm
rock and roll football, the fans wouldn't be bored I tell ya. Look at Fulham under Marco, smashing sides for fun, 50 goals in 21 games. I always knew Marco had something, just needed the right club to bring it out.
By "right club" I presume you mean not one in the Premier League?

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:20 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:14 pm
By "right club" I presume you mean not one in the Premier League?
He'd have kept Hull up easily if he was there for even close to a full season. Did really well at Watford then gave up when Everton showed interest, Everton is a car crash club, Marcel Brands just left and fans protesting tonight, manager wasn't signing the players.

Silva has a higher win % in the Premier League than Dyche.