Burnley v Manchester United - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bfcjg
Been Liked: 5091 times
Has Liked: 6909 times

Re: Burnley v Manchester United - Player Ratings

Post by bfcjg » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:50 pm

Pope 9 awesome
Roberts 7 tough night for him
Mee 9
Tarkowski 10 mom
Pieters 7
McNeil 5 keeps getting caught in possession and it will cost us.
Westwood 6
Brownhill 5 pass to Claret please.
Cornet 5 not in it, some decent touches but they pounced on him.
Rodriguez 8 what a goal.
Weghorst 9 wow.
Lennon 6

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32547 times
Has Liked: 5280 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:56 pm

Second half was special - that's what we want

Pope 8
Roberts 5
Tarkowski 9
Mee 8
Pieters 8
McNeil 5
Brownhill 5
Westwood 7
Cornet 5
Weghorst 8
Rodriguez 8

Lennon 7

Claret
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 655 times

Post by Claret » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:04 am

Pope 9
Roberts 7
Tarks 8
Mee 8
Pieters 8
Cornet 7
Westwood 7
Brownhill 7
McNeil 7
Weghorst 8
Rodriguez 7
Lennon 7

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1655 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:21 am

Pope 8
Roberts 5
Tarkowski 9
Mee 8
Pieters 8
McNeil 6
Brownhill 5
Westwood 6
Cornet 5
Weghorst 8
Rodriguez 8

Lennon 7

If I rated each half it would be 3s and 9s. We flew at them second half, got an instant reward and could have had four within 10 minutes.

First half they were brilliant, we were very very bad, but when United turn it on like that there is no stopping them. I worried when I saw the teamsheet, Rashford, Sancho, Cavani, Pogba, Fernandes. Too much movement for us, but Ralf made an error not doing what Mourinho always does against us and playing a big holding midfielder. Matic should have been in there. It allowed Wout to get us going second half.

Too many good performances to mention but Pope’s starfish save off Cavani was world class. An open goal for one of the world’s top strikers and he saved it. Tarky better than Maguire today (who I do not rate). Pieters distribution was as good today as it was bad on Saturday. Weghorst looks like he will make a big difference as long as we get runners around him, but he looks a bit excitable, shot at one point instead of squaring to Cornet for a tap in and a likely win. But he was immense second half.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:28 am

Pope 8
Roberts 6
Tarkowski 8
Mee 7
Pieters 7
McNeil 6
Westwood 6
Brownhill 5
Cornet 6
Weghorst 8
Rodriguez 7

Lennon 6

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8743 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:06 am

Pope 8
Roberts 6
Tarkowski 8
Mee 8
Pieters 8
McNeil 5
Westwood 7
Brownhill 7
Cornet 6
Weghorst 8
Rodriguez 8

Lennon 6

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:20 am

are you back Ian? :shock:

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3778 times
Has Liked: 7573 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:10 am

Pope 8
Roberts 6
Tarks 9 ***
Mee 8
Pieters 8

McNeil 6
Brownhill 7
Westwood 6
Cornet 6

Weghorst 7
Rodriguez 7

Lennon 7

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:55 am

Pope 9
Roberts 7
Tarks 9
Mee 9
Pieters 9 * (just over Tarkowski)
Cornet 7
Brownhill 8 (Does all the dirty stuff)
Westwood 7
McNeil 6
Rodriguez 8
WW 8

Brownhill got some low mark's today but I don't think some people appreciate what he does and don't see all the hard work because he's not a fancy midfielder.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by superdimitri » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:02 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:55 am
Brownhill got some low mark's today but I don't think some people appreciate what he does and don't see all the hard work because he's not a fancy midfielder.
It's interesting isn't it. Different people rate different qualities I guess.
Brownhill is in the team for his engine and reading of the game off the ball. He is not a great passer for a central midfielder which I'm guessing is the main reason people mark him down.

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:07 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:26 pm
Brownhill 4 I’m sorry I just can’t mark a CM with 58% pass completion higher than that. His job is literally to distribute the ball and he was abysmal at it.
His job is to break up play and intercept balls also, but people think his job is to be putting 40 yard passes all over the park he's always in the top 3 or 4 over a season in the premier league for interceptions, I don't think some people watch the game properly

Richardsbfc
Been Liked: 66 times
Has Liked: 84 times

Post by Richardsbfc » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:18 am

I don’t think people think that at all. I think people expect him to pass to his team mates and he really struggled with that last night.

Cannot fault his energy but being a midfielder isn’t just running and breaking up play (unless that’s purely your job in the team(think Kante)). Within our midfield, his role is much more than just running and breaking up play.

His distribution was horrific last night.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:18 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:07 am
His job is to break up play and intercept balls also, but people think his job is to be putting 40 yard passes all over the park he's always in the top 3 or 4 over a season in the premier league for interceptions, I don't think some people watch the game properly
He wouldn’t have to do the dirty work if he could pass a football.

I’m sorry but he’s one of the main reasons we are in this mess. We can’t retain the ball so we end up having to defend for large chunks of the game, and against opposition of the quality we face in this league we inevitably concede.

People think it’s anti Brownhill, it’s not. It’s just the realisation that he is incredibly limited and all the great work he does defensively means little when he can’t create anything and struggles to even pass to his own team mates.
These 2 users liked this post: Richardsbfc Top Claret

Richardsbfc
Been Liked: 66 times
Has Liked: 84 times

Post by Richardsbfc » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:25 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:21 am

Too many good performances to mention but Pope’s starfish save off Cavani was world class. An open goal for one of the world’s top strikers and he saved it. Tarky better than Maguire today (who I do not rate). Pieters distribution was as good today as it was bad on Saturday. Weghorst looks like he will make a big difference as long as we get runners around him, but he looks a bit excitable, shot at one point instead of squaring to Cornet for a tap in and a likely win. But he was immense second half.
Sorry but I had to comment on the Starfish that you think you saw. It must be a strange shaped starfish.

Just kidding. Great save but absolutely no Starfish. :)

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:25 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:18 am

I’m sorry but he’s one of the main reasons we are in this mess. We can’t retain the ball so we end up having to defend for large chunks of the game, and against opposition of the quality we face in this league we inevitably concede.

People think it’s anti Brownhill, it’s not. It’s just the realisation that he is incredibly limited and all the great work he does defensively means little when he can’t create anything and struggles to even pass to his own team mates.
It's funny how we all see the game differently, that's how his ratings range from 3 to 8, I agree he's not a ball playing midfielder but who is in the team, every season we seem single out a player to moan about, this season its Brownhill, last time it was Hendrick, but I bet a few of those moaning would have Hendrick in our midfield now.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:29 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:25 am
It's funny how we all see the game differently, that's how his ratings range from 3 to 8, I agree he's not a ball playing midfielder but who is in the team, every season we seem single out a player to moan about, this season its Brownhill, last time it was Hendrick, but I bet a few of those moaning would have Hendrick in our midfield now.
To be fair as a few posters will more than likely highlight later on, I have thought Brownhill has been limited for a while.

I thought he had some good moments yesterday especially pressing. However I just can’t mark a CM higher with passing stats like that.

I think it’s just composure, there were a few occasions where he had plenty of time and space yet decided to pass first time and it inevitably ended up with a United player.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:34 am

We looked far better with Brownhill in there. He was also decent against Arsenal. It’s now up to himself and the coaches to improve his composure on the ball, he’s still young enough to get better. Aside from that, which I agree is a key part of a centre midfielders game, he has many attributes to make it at this level. His energy is fantastic which helps our intensity / pressing, makes a lot of interceptions / tackles and has that fight / character you need. People marking him a 4 based on that, up against Fernandes and Pogba, lack a decent football knowledge IMO.
This user liked this post: ClaretMov

SalouClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by SalouClaret » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:37 am

Pope 8 - kept us in the game with some great saves.

Roberts 6 - struggled against Sancho and could have cleared the ball for a corner before their goal.

Pieters 8 - thought he was brilliant.

Tarkowski 9 - we'll miss him when he's gone in the summer.

Mee 8 - solid as usual.

Westwood 6 - pretty anonymous for most of the match.

Brownhill 6 - if he could pass he'd be a great player.

Cornet 7 - a bit hit and miss. Hope the injury isn't a bad one. We'll need him at the weekend.

McNeill 5 - our most frustrating player to watch. The ability is there somewhere, it just needs to be shown for more than 5 minutes per match.

Weghorst - 9 *MOM* what a 2nd half! Sent Maguire for a hot dog and a brilliant pass to Jay. He seems great with his feet and bringing other players in to play. What a steal at £12m.

Rodriguez 8 - Well took goal and linked up well with Weghorst. You could see how much the goal meant to him. Hopefully he goes on a run of scoring now.

Lennon 6 - did okay.

A brilliant point, but we need to start winning very very soon. Newcastle will be fine, so will Everton. We need to hope Brentford or Palace get dragged in to the relegation scrap. I fear it may be too late for us, but if we keep playing like we did last night then we'll have half a chance.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:38 am

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:34 am
We looked far better with Brownhill in there. He was also decent against Arsenal. It’s now up to himself and the coaches to improve his composure on the ball, he’s still young enough to get better. Aside from that, which I agree is a key part of a centre midfielders game, he has many attributes to make it at this level. His energy is fantastic which helps our intensity / pressing, makes a lot of interceptions / tackles and has that fight / character you need. People marking him a 4 based on that, up against Fernandes and Pogba, lack a decent football knowledge IMO.
You marked McNeil lower than Brownhill?

He had more tackles, 1 less interception, more presses, highest pass completion for Burnley (87%), most chances created for Burnley.

Claiming to have superior football knowledge is a strange one.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:41 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:38 am

He had more tackles, 1 less interception, more presses, highest pass completion for Burnley (87%), most chances created for Burnley.

I’m a big Mcneil fan and have defended him a lot on here lately - he was okay last night but needs to know when to release it, he lost the ball on a few occasions in really dangerous areas. Aside from that he didn’t actually create a chance, which is more his role than Brownhill’s, who’s is more to break up play.

Brownhill is consistently your lowest rated player, everyone on here knows your agenda against him, so there’s no point even having the debate with you.

Watch our goal back and look who’s initial tackle after sprinting back started the counter.
This user liked this post: ClaretMov

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:44 am

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:41 am
I’m a big Mcneil fan and have defended him a lot on here lately - he was okay last night but needs to know when to release it, he lost the ball on a few occasions in really dangerous areas. Aside from that he didn’t actually create a chance, which is more his role than Brownhill’s, who’s is more to break up play.

Brownhill is consistently your lowest rated player, everyone on here knows your agenda against him, so there’s no point even having the debate with you.

Watch our goal back and look who’s initial tackle after sprinting back started the counter.
It was Tarks that made the tackle, Brownhill actually missed his.

There’s a reason he’s consistently my lowest rated player, I’m sorry but a CM has to be able to do something with the ball. Our wide players can’t do anything because our CMs can’t get the ball to them in space. Look at Cornet tonight, he struggled every time he got the ball because of where he received it.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:47 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:44 am
It was Tarks that made the tackle, Brownhill actually missed his.

There’s a reason he’s consistently my lowest rated player, I’m sorry but a CM has to be able to do something with the ball. Our wide players can’t do anything because our CMs can’t get the ball to them in space. Look at Cornet tonight, he struggled every time he got the ball because of where he received it.
Wrong, he takes the ball from Fernandes feet with a clean tackle that knocked the ball into Rashford who then was tackled by Tark.

Watch it closely: https://twitter.com/turfcastpodcast/sta ... 86336?s=21

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2324 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:53 am

Thought Brownhill was poor in possession but he gave Pogba a tough second half which I was impressed with as he was running the show in the first half

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:53 am

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:47 am
Wrong, he takes the ball from Fernandes feet with a clean tackle that knocked the ball into Rashford who then was tackled by Tark.

Watch it closely: https://twitter.com/turfcastpodcast/sta ... 86336?s=21
I’ve slowed it down and zoomed in. He didn’t touch the ball.

Fernandez takes the ball and it rolls into Rashfords stride

Grimsdale
Been Liked: 554 times
Has Liked: 80 times

Post by Grimsdale » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:02 am

Watch it at normal speed and with your anti-Brownhill filter switched off - he clearly knocks the ball away from Fernandes.
These 2 users liked this post: RVclaret ClaretMov

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:33 am

Terrible and far too passive first half

Terrific second half from all of them, but Westwood, Jay and Weghorst all excellent

Certainly no 3 and 4s, certainly no 5s either

Bit and bats need work (Brownhill distribution at times not good enough, Dwight got caught in possession (but also excellent 2nd half) but that 2nd half performance from everyone (and all game from the defensive unit) does give us a chance

But MOM by a mile was Tarkowski, he's going to be as huge miss

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:40 am

Pope 8 kept it at 1 with an astonishing save
Roberts 6 a couple of decent deliveries, but weakest of the back 4
Tarkowski 9 man mountain tonight, best defender on the pitch, Man Utd, could do a lot worse than bringing him in for free in the summer.
Mee 8 block after block after block
Pieters 8 beey good, coped well v speed and trickery.
McNeil 5 another few mistakes in dangerous areas, that 49 yards out in the last minute or so gave me a heart attack. Head looked down most game, is he tye Bury Ronaldo?
Brownhill 5 lost possession numerous times, ball bouced off him time and time again. Think he would work miles better in a 3. Sit tackle then pass it 5 yards, rinse and repeat. He can't be expected to create, he has no composure ir real passing ability it seems ( at the moment)
Westwood 7 did ok v 3 I thought
Cornet 5 looked tired, a few good runs, just missing the correct pass into him
Weghorst 8 great feet for a big man, clever footballer, he will only get better when he builds a partnership up and he gets uo to speed with the league and his team mates.
Rodriguez 8 great finish, a few mis communications with Wout, but he has the football brain and can play, think he's what Wout needs around him.

Absolutely fantastic last 10 of the 1st half and tremendous 2nd half display, more of that please.
If we are to go down, if we have another 18 games with that effort, desire and entertainment we cannot argue.
Thoroughly enjoyable game in terrible conditions.

Im_not_Robbie_Blake
Been Liked: 384 times
Has Liked: 236 times

Post by Im_not_Robbie_Blake » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:44 am

Pope 8
Roberts 6
Tarkowski 8
Mee 8
Pieters 8
Cornet 7
Westwood 6
Brownhill 8
McNeil 5
Rodriguez 8
Weghorst 8

Lennon 7

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 301 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:00 am

Pope 8 good saves.
Roberts 7 poor for the goal but then was very good - his link up play into midfield is excellent in comparison to lowton who hits the channels at every opportunity.
Tarks 8 solid
Mee 7
Pieters 7
McNeil 7 thought he was class - keeps the ball so well and offered more attacking threat - I also notice he is making more and more runs in behind so we need to find them.
Westwood 6 quiet
Brownhill 7 class ball winning midfielder imo. If stephens was playing last night I think our midfield would have been walked all over. He gives us the legs required to play a two in midfield.
Cornet 6 quiet but some good touches and always great movement it’s just finding the right ball.
Jay rod 6 good goal but not sure he works with weghorst as he’s not got the pace to get second balls.
Weghorst 7 terrible first half, immense second half, it was like he suddenly realised what to do in the premier league and became a prime Peter crouch!

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 837 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:05 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:38 am

Will you stop quoting stats, man? Are you so limited that you can only analyze a game by reading stats?

It’s not ******* baseball.

JFW. You’ll surely admit that our midfield gets walked through time and time again and yet you’re suggesting we replace our single battling midfielder with a better passer. We’d concede 5 a game!

Where is your head?

the_magic_rat
Been Liked: 77 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by the_magic_rat » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:06 am

Pope 8

Roberts 8
Tarkowski 9
Mee 8
Pieters 9 MOM

McNeil 6
Westwood 6
Brownhill 7
Cornet 6

Rodriguez 9
Weghorst 9

Lennon 6

depechedingle
Been Liked: 176 times
Has Liked: 276 times

Post by depechedingle » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:08 am

A lot more fight and a lot more desire last night particularly second half and was reciprocated vocally from the stands.

Pope 9 - Without some world class saves this would have been over as a contest by half time.
Roberts 6 - Still feeling his way in to the Burnley way on only his 2nd league start. Lack of a tackle at times could put his more trouble than his required.
Pieters 7 - Seen some low marks for Erik on here, he does what Erik does steady away and made some crucial interceptions last night.
Mee 8 - Captain fantastic in that second half, putting his body on the line.
Tarkowski 9 - Brilliant response from the performance at Leeds, showing indeed an on it Tarks his class. United fans must wonder how they ended up with slab head Maguire and not Tarks.
Brownhill 6 - Some great ratting last night, but not enough care in possession of the ball.
Westwood 6 - Quite similar to Brownhill, minus point for the less ratting and plus point for better use of the ball. Still need to use the ball better, but a bit more Westwood like.
McNeil 5 - Had an absolute stinker of a first half particularly off the ball, where his tracking back and in particularly tracking Shaw nearly cost us on more than one occasion. Finally played with a bit more of a chuckle in his boots second half including one barnstorming run (at last!). A second half performance to build on.
Cornet 7 - Not everything came off for Maxwel but the effort and confidence were there for all to see. Will get better fitness wise with more game time.
Rodriguez 8 - Much more intelligent a football than often given credit for, see the finish on his goal and how his run across Maguire takes him out of the game and the dinked finish. Good signs of a partnership building with Wout, which is essential to our surivival hopes.
Weghorst 9 - Constantly makes himself available for the ball and willing to work hard. The turn and reverse pass for our goal was superb as was his brilliant saved volley by De Gea. Already looks to be well settled here, however he must think it constantly rains here.

My MOM - Nick Pope.

Without his saves in the first half, the second half would not have been possible.

UTC

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1231 times

Post by joey13 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:10 am

Pope 9
Roberts 5
Tarkowski 9
Mee 8
Pieters 7
McNeil 4
Brownhill 5
Westwood 7
Cornet 4
Weghorst 9
Rodriguez 9

Lennon 6

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:13 am

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:05 am
Will you stop quoting stats, man? Are you so limited that you can only analyze a game by reading stats?

It’s not ******* baseball.

JFW. You’ll surely admit that our midfield gets walked through time and time again and yet you’re suggesting we replace our single battling midfielder with a better passer. We’d concede 5 a game!

Where is your head?
If the opposition don’t have the ball they can’t score

Football basics

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:16 am

The frustration some have when we don't lose never ceases to amaze

Rombald
Been Liked: 127 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by Rombald » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:17 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:18 am

It is anti brownhill. Simple. You quoted yourself saying you wouldn't rate him higher than 4 I think.
Was his passing poor , yes probably, however his immense work rate especially second half in a midfield 2 was excellent. Stating that he wouldn't have to do "dirty work" if he passed better simply isn't true. A midfield 2 against some of the best players in the world is always going to be a challenge

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:20 am

Rombald wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:17 am
It is anti brownhill. Simple. You quoted yourself saying you wouldn't rate him higher than 4 I think.
Was his passing poor , yes probably, however his immense work rate especially second half in a midfield 2 was excellent. Stating that he wouldn't have to do "dirty work" if he passed better simply isn't true. A midfield 2 against some of the best players in the world is always going to be a challenge
I’ve supplied evidence and reasoning as to why I have rated him that mark.

If you don’t like it there’s not a lot I can do. I just can’t justify giving a cm a higher mark than 4 when he nearly every other pass ended up with a United player.

Dodobdobodobo
Been Liked: 117 times
Has Liked: 303 times

Post by Dodobdobodobo » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:21 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:56 pm
Second half was special - that's what we want

Pope 8
Roberts 5
Tarkowski 9
Mee 8
Pieters 8
McNeil 5
Brownhill 5
Westwood 7
Cornet 5
Weghorst 8
Rodriguez 8

Lennon 7
you've really got a downer on Brownhill. I thought he was excellent tonight playing in a midfield two against three. Challenged and won a lot of balls. Ok his passing wasn’t the best but we never really have a midfield than that can constantly find one of our own men. Battled from the first minute until the last.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:21 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:13 am

Football basics
That’s one philosophy sure (more Pep), but there’s been many trophies, titles and successes from the opposite. Chelsea’s Champions League final last year, their entire run during Di Mateo’s Champs League title, Mourinho at Inter, Dyche at Burnley etc etc.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:23 am

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:21 am
That’s one philosophy sure (more Pep), but there’s been many trophies, titles and successes from the opposite. Chelsea’s Champions League final last year, their entire run during Di Mateo’s Champs League title, Mourinho at Inter, Dyche at Burnley etc etc.
True but none of them teams you have mentioned including Dyches teams have never given the ball away as much as we have this season.
Last edited by Newcastleclaret93 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:24 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:20 am
I’ve supplied evidence and reasoning as to why I have rated him that mark.

If you don’t like it there’s not a lot I can do. I just can’t justify giving a cm a higher mark than 4 when he nearly every other pass ended up with a United player.
That sentence is a perfect example of why if you only have the ability to judge things by stats you will never really understand football. You would get a much clearer picture watching games live with your eyes than looking at figures and heat maps for 90 minutes.

There was another stat that said almost 100% of your posts regarding Brownhill come across as agenda driven. It really is irrational for anyone to conduct themselves in this way.
These 3 users liked this post: Rombald CharlieinNewMexico RVclaret

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:25 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:24 am
That sentence is a perfect example of why if you only have the ability to judge things by stats you will never really understand football. You would get a much clearer picture watching games live with your eyes than looking at figures and heat maps for 90 minutes.

There was another stat that said almost 100% of your posts regarding Brownhill come across as agenda driven. It really is irrational for anyone to conduct themselves in this way.
If it is agenda driven how come so many other posters have marked the same? Do they have an agenda as well?

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:25 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:13 am

Football basics
I just think you’re becoming a parody of yourself at this point.

🤷

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:26 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:25 am
If it is agenda driven how come so many other posters have marked the same? Do they have an agenda as well?
I counted 3

Rombald
Been Liked: 127 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by Rombald » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:28 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
But they are able in other games to mark him differently. That's the point. You don't or cant

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:29 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:23 am
True but none of them teams you have mentioned including Dyches teams have given the ball away as much as we have this season.
This season Brownhill’s pass completion is 74% and Westwood’s 76%. Agree with the general point though and hopefully having a striker now that can hold up the ball/link play, as well as the more technical Cornet in midfield, can help.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:29 am

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:
I just think you’re becoming a parody of yourself at this point.

🤷
👍

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:29 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:24 am

I had gone to bed but logged back in just to like that
🤣🤣🤣

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:30 am

Rombald wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:28 am
But they are able in other games to mark him differently. That's the point. You don't or cant
I have marked him a 7 this season and 6 on occasions.

If he deserves it he will get the marks

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:30 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
There are others who don't rate Brownhill and mark him low quite often (we have an element that need a whipping boy) but they don't make dumb comments along the lines of "never make a footballer"

I have asked this before but did you ask him to follow you on twitter and ignored you ? turned you down for an autograph or did you have one of those cardboard signs asking for his shirt and got nowhere. The stuff you post about him while going easy on pretty much everybody else in the squad comes across like a dumped 12 yr old.