Big news coming soon from the Turf (Sean Dyche sacked)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 351 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Re: Big news coming soon from the Turf (Sean Dyche sacked)

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:37 pm

ŽižkovClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:28 pm
I do wonder if that comment might have brought things to a head, with Pace perhaps asking Dyche why, if football is so f-ing simple, we had only won 4 in 30 and not won against Norwich?
Football is not a simple game at all with people like Guardiola operating in it.
Last edited by Superjohnnyfrancis on Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:37 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:34 pm
I posted a few weeks back about something i found out from more or less the horses mouth. I also heard that the dressing room wasn't as harmonious as it used to be. The player in question is one of the OOC and it was said he had no intention of re-signing and cited a member of staff for causing disruption (not Dyche) and that many of the players were unhappy with the methods. Now you can draw your own conclusions about it and who that is. It was passed onto me when it probably shouldn't to be fair.
I'm not going to divulge my source or name names..as if i would and I'll wait for the inevitable abuse and discrediting..as i got last time. What would it matter if i did? Doesn't make it any less real what I heard though.
If you're not gonna reveal sources, at least tell us the full story you heard for funzies not this half a story bs.
This user liked this post: deanothedino

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:37 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:35 pm
With only Crystal Palace having a squad with more players aged 30+ last season and with Burnley having the oldest squad this season I would suggest that a "rebuild" is long overdue. Given the lack of drive and energy in the team, especially in midfield, probably a few of the players have "gone".
Yes, but he's been here before, and he has had to rebuild before

He knows who has gone btw, its fairly obvious by his team selection

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:39 pm

bf2k wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:35 pm
Ok sorry. I’ll consult you next time I want to ask a question.
No need to consult anyone but yourself, maybe think a little bit more.

No one on here will have detailed information about the business plan for the club.
They didn't under Garlick, when no one asked if there was one, and they didn't under Kilby.

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:39 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:37 pm
If you're not gonna reveal sources, at least tell us the full story you heard for funzies not this half a story bs.
He said it was Jay Rod and Steve Stone if I recall correctly

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:42 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:39 pm

No one on here will have detailed information about the business plan for the club.
They didn't under Garlick, when no one asked if there was one, and they didn't under Kilby.
I hit the submit button by mistake too early and now I can’t edit the post.

What I was going to add…

… But my opinion (if I’m ok to have one of them) is this lot have no clue how to run a football club. Therefore, in my opinion, have no plan. But if they do (and I do hope I’m ok to ask this question) I’d really like to hear it. Because as a fan who pays his money I think it’s the right and proper thing to do from the board.

BTW, Garlick and this board did tell us on a few occasions on his plans for the club in various forums. The problem in the end with that board they stopped talking to the fans (and they sold out to a bunch of people who couldn’t afford to buy us).

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:43 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:37 pm
Yes, but he's been here before, and he has had to rebuild before

He knows who has gone btw, its fairly obvious by his team selection
Then why did several wins come once he put Cork back in the side?

Roberts hasn't looked like he’s even arrived yet in order to be gone but he was still getting a game every week.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1965 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:43 pm

Rodriguez and Stone haven’t got on for a while.

Edit That should say Woan sorry.
Last edited by Bordeauxclaret on Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:44 pm

bf2k wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:42 pm

What I was going to add…

… But my opinion (if I’m ok to have one of them) is this lot have no clue how to run a football club. Therefore, in my opinion, have no plan. But if they do (and I do hope I’m ok to ask this question) I’d really like to hear it. Because as a fan who pays his money I think it’s the right and proper thing to do from the board.

BTW, Garlick and this board did tell us on a few occasions on his plans for the club in various forums. The problem in the end with that board they stopped talking to the fans (and they sold out to a bunch of people who couldn’t afford to buy us).
You paying your money doesn't entitle you to know their plans though, that's just ridiculous.
You'll get snippets and you can see progress and that's all you really need.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2578 times
Has Liked: 771 times

Post by ksrclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:45 pm

Sounds like Stone could start a fight in an empty room.

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 351 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:45 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:43 pm
Not surprising bullies dont get on with many people.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:45 pm

bf2k wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:42 pm

What I was going to add…

Just a quick one...Collins, Cornet, Wout all bought with a possibility of resale, Roberts picked up cheap, yes not proven anything yet but there is a good player in there as proven with his international performances, Hennessey a great back up and possible Championship No1.

They may not be the best board but these players could make us into a good team, just maybe not in a rigid 4-4-2, and probs not any bar Hennessey were a Dyche signing

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1965 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:46 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:45 pm
Not surprising bullies dont get on with many people.
Should have said Woan. Not sure on Stone.

s6t9a2f3f
Been Liked: 82 times

Post by s6t9a2f3f » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:47 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:02 pm
We’ve been poor for 18 months.

The timing isn’t right, and we’ve just had an international break, which would suggest this parting of ways wasn’t in the pipeline at all.

It’s obvious there has been some sort of falling out, between Dyche and Pace/players.

I’m gutted in many ways. Ive thought for most of the season we would go down, and Dyche was the best person to get us back up.

However, no-one is bigger than the club, and we need to get behind the lads until the end of the season. None of this boycott nonsense I’ve seen thrown around.

UTC.
Agree with you, we were ALWAYS going down at some point we all knew that but under SD we expected to go down fighting and kicking all the way. The estactic win v Everton followed 4 days later by another poor performance v Norwich is what this season has been all about unfortunately. Our home form which in previous premiership years have provided our bread and butter wins towards survival have dried up.
It will not stop the place in our history of what SD has done, we part company after giving him and his family financial security and wish him all the very best for the future.

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 524 times

Post by beddie » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:50 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:14 pm
Wout Weghorst joined Burnley to a big fanfare following the departure of Chris Wood but has just 1 PL goal to his name after 12 appearances and seems to spend most of the game trying to hold the ball up. We actually need him in the box getting on the end of crosses and scoring the much needed goals that have been so hard to come by this season.
Yes but to do that the majority of times means you have to jump. :(

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:51 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:45 pm
Just a quick one...Collins, Cornet, Wout all bought with a possibility of resale, Roberts picked up cheap, yes not proven anything yet but there is a good player in there as proven with his international performances, Hennessey a great back up and possible Championship No1.

They may not be the best board but these players could make us into a good team, just maybe not in a rigid 4-4-2, and probs not any bar Hennessey were a Dyche signing
I get your point and if they had potted Dyche in December before January I wouldn’t be so bemused or questioning the competencies on running a football club. However, the timing of this smacks of incompetence. We’ve lagged at clubs in the past for sacking managers after transfer windows and this late in the season. It’s ridiculous. Yes to football was poor but with the midfield we have it’s not getting any better this side of summer.
This user liked this post: DCWat

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:52 pm

First chance I've had to post my thoughts since my son text me with the news just after 11am. I asked him was it a late April Fools joke but the reality was unfortunately somewhat different. I'm in shock. Shock at the sacking, shocked at the timing and shocked because should the inevitable happen, SD has gained promotion twice to the PL. Who else can we get in with a record like that?
We don't know what goes on behind the scenes but something about this doesn't sit right with me. After the win against Everton, I expected us to come out all guns blazing at Norwich. What did we get, a flat, nondescript performance that made me seriously concerned for our status for the first time. Yes until then I'd alway been optimistic we can get out of this mess.
Only time will tell whether it was a good timeous decision but for my money we need a young hungry manager whose got respect for what he's achieved in the game and has the a record in developing youth. That for me is the way forward for a club like us.
These 4 users liked this post: bf2k GodIsADeeJay81 DCWat longsidepies

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:54 pm

Its like the Moses thing, personally think that was Pace and ALK trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat, trying every avenue to try to add something to possibly change our direction, add momentum. When Dyche was asked he poo pooed the idea, another sign it probs wasnt a Dyche signing if it had come off

Personally, give me the signings Pace and ALK have tried for, than the good old trusty 30 odd year olds that are good pros

cblantfanclub
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by cblantfanclub » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:58 pm

I suspect ALK know they have limited knowledge of football and take advice on such matters. I'm sure someone posted on here something about who they were consulting. Would be interesting to know.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1774 times
Has Liked: 362 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:01 pm

Simon Garner probably
This user liked this post: Middle-agedClaret

davetheclaret
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by davetheclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:05 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:02 pm
We’ve been poor for 18 months.

The timing isn’t right, and we’ve just had an international break, which would suggest this parting of ways wasn’t in the pipeline at all.

It’s obvious there has been some sort of falling out, between Dyche and Pace/players.

I’m gutted in many ways. Ive thought for most of the season we would go down, and Dyche was the best person to get us back up.

However, no-one is bigger than the club, and we need to get behind the lads until the end of the season. None of this boycott nonsense I’ve seen thrown around.

UTC.
Agree 100% we need to support the new management and get behind the team, we have 3 big home games coming up and the team needs our support even more now, to boycott games and protesting won't do the club any good at all.

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 728 times
Has Liked: 516 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:08 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:43 pm

Edit That should say Woan sorry.
You were right the first time...from what I have heard Stone has been a big issue within the dressing room.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 518 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:10 pm

There were rumours earlier in the season suggesting Jay Rod was far from happy as he felt he deserved more of a chance, given the form of Wood I could see why.

I suspect there's been a big falling out somewhere and it wouldn't surprise me if it was brought on by some of the frustrated players.

Either that or its Dyche and Pace, but I really think whatever it is probably stems from somthing to do with the playing staff and thats also why all of the coaches have gone.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 625 times
Has Liked: 492 times

Post by Steddyman » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:12 pm

BabylonClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:21 pm
We. Won't. Get. Anyone. Who. Is. Achieving. Right. Now.
This probably won't age well.

Dodobdobodobo
Been Liked: 117 times
Has Liked: 303 times

Post by Dodobdobodobo » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:14 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:55 pm
If you are guessing at a player then I think you will be a mile away
Is it a board member?

Claretlad
Been Liked: 193 times
Has Liked: 216 times

Post by Claretlad » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:14 pm

reminds me when Jimmy Mac was transfer listed in 1963 ...shocking news at the time...so is this.

Jmw
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by Jmw » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:15 pm

I must admit to not feeling too strongly either way, even after ten years - which is disconcerting in itself. I am sad that Dyche didn’t have the chance to leave on his terms, but I can also see how the Chairman came to this conclusion. The best, and only, chance of staying up this season is to find a new manager now. We have a slim chance but I don’t believe we had any Chance without a change, as shown on Sunday.
At all clubs, in fact with all careers, you become stale however good you are. There comes a time for a new face, a new voice, and I do believe that time for us is now.
In terms of ALK, time will tell, but I don’t see the need for the vitriol today. It may, may, turn out to be an inspired choice.
These 5 users liked this post: Somethingfishy Cubanforever longsidepies burnleymik Boss Hogg

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 201 times

Post by bumba » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:19 pm

Can't thank him enough for where he took our club but the time was right to go it'd gone very stale and boring, other teams had got used to our predictable ways. Unfortunately even with all the extra time given to Dyche and better quality of players he couldn't change his style or tactics which means he had to go.
I've said I wanted him gone but I am gutted I wish he could of changed but he couldn't so it's a good call

Oshkoshclaret
Been Liked: 318 times
Has Liked: 83 times

Post by Oshkoshclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:21 pm

I've given it some time to sink in before posting, thought about it from different perspectives.

I'm still fuming.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:21 pm

They interviewed a journalist on radio 5 earlier who cited problems with players and that Dyche was going to be sacked in the summer anyway.
These 2 users liked this post: RVclaret eastcoastclaret

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:21 pm

BabylonClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:21 pm
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahsjahahahha.

Sorry you obviously weren't born in 2010 then. So I will spell it out slowly for you.

We. Won't. Get. Anyone. Who. Is. Achieving. Right. Now.

Which makes the timing of this bloody ridiculous. We are run by absolute charlatans and to sack him and the entire team just before the next game is mental.
Okay

Les Lawrence
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Les Lawrence » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:24 pm

Stone seems to be the one causing all the ****,how he was promoted to first team I will never know

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:26 pm

What is really strange is that the LAST home match was probably the most exciting result of the season and I was not alone in thinking Dyche was in the middle of pulling us out of the mire again… one game later… a bad defeat for sure… and Dyche has gone. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear SD claret and blue army at the next home game.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:32 pm

Sounds like we've got a bunch of self entitled average footballers on our hands, maybe they should actually focus on playing well and working hard before making such demands. Especially if Rodriguez is one of the entitled ones, he's been absolutely bobbins for 2 years, he doesn't have the right to be entitled with 2 goals in 60 games.
This user liked this post: DCWat

Decades
Been Liked: 11 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Decades » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:33 pm

Quite simply the wrong decision to sack SD. He would have been our best chance to make a return to the Prem, if we get relegated. My worry is years in the football wilderness now.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:38 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:21 pm
They interviewed a journalist on radio 5 earlier who cited problems with players and that Dyche was going to be sacked in the summer anyway.
Do you know around what time this was ?

alboclaret
Been Liked: 143 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by alboclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:42 pm

andyh wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:26 pm
What is really strange is that the LAST home match was probably the most exciting result of the season and I was not alone in thinking Dyche was in the middle of pulling us out of the mire again… one game later… a bad defeat for sure… and Dyche has gone. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear SD claret and blue army at the next home game.
We were fairly shite again Everton though weren't we...we got lucky and it was excited...but we were still shite

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2606 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:42 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:39 pm

But you could see one. It was invest incrementally in the squad and facilities within the means of the club. Now the club is at 99% wages to turnover, before interest payments are loaded on, and therefore it’s unclear what the business plan is. Transparent Alan tells us it’s an incredible deal, you’ll be amazed when you see it…. Very Trumpian, and lacking clarity, logic, or structure. About as trustworthy as a snake oil salesman.
This user liked this post: bf2k

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3177 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:42 pm

Interesting stuff in the Mail - Just remember this is Pace's got to national publication and Jack Gaughan is his favoured writer
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -exit.html

JACK GAUGHAN: Sean Dyche's Burnley first ceased to truly exist after their underwhelming Europa League exit to Olympiakos in 2018... he'll be remembered as an all-time great but losing the 'us against the world' feeling resulted in his exit
  • Burnley's poor 2018 Europa League showing turned players against Sean Dyche
  • Their brief European adventure was a result of the club's best ever season
  • Defeat led to disillusionment and Dyche's power was reduced under owners ALK
  • Dyche was axed on Friday and the blame will be widespread if relegation follows

By JACK GAUGHAN FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 17:13, 15 April 2022 | UPDATED: 17:39, 15 April 2022

The end might have finally come on Friday but Sean Dyche's Burnley first ceased to truly exist in late August 2018.

Two legs against Olympiacos turned the people who really matter inside a dressing room away from him. Not completely, but enough to contribute to a slow decline.

Dyche loyalists, the players who went that bit further and made up for the club's under-investment in recruitment, were never quite the same.

Burnley were in the Europa League, a tie away from reaching the group stage. A phenomenal achievement to even be in that conversation but there are members of the squad who felt they threw away a chance that might never come round again.

Dyche rested key men out in Athens – preserved for a Premier League defeat at Fulham days later - and started with two left backs.

They lost 3-1 on a tempestuous night and could not recover at Turf Moor in the return leg, failing to pick a full-strength XI then either.

And that was Burnley's reward for finishing seventh the previous season: people scratching their heads wondering what might have been; unhappy players who have become increasingly disillusioned in the intervening period.

This story is not to abandon Dyche of praise. He will be remembered as an all-time great, guiding them to 10th a year later and generally performing remarkably under tight constraints, this Burnley's sixth consecutive season in the top-flight - their longest spell for half a century.

He was instrumental in the club's academy achieving Category 1 status and the rebuilding of Gawthorpe Hall's training facilities.

Dyche's impact on the town over a decade has been massive. He even has a boozer named after him, although never really warmed to the gesture.

But he has also been the highest-paid employee, the latest contract – signed last August – worth significantly more than £75,000 a week. Prolonging a relationship that lost its spark and fire seemed strange, particularly as he has cast glances at other jobs for some time.

Players know, players talk. Crucially, players often perform for their own professional pride rather than for the man barking that they hit the channels from the touchline.

'He'd lost them a while ago,' one source said. A few won't be losing much sleep tonight. Dyche will rightly argue that he has taken the club to unimaginable heights.

Eyebrows were raised after this month's dramatic 3-2 victory over Everton when he declared that Frank Lampard's team 'don't know how to win' despite the inescapable fact that the Toffees were still above them in the table. Nobody at the club was majorly surprised, however.

With disquiet growing across the campaign, the common thought was that owners ALK Capital would inevitably pull the trigger in the summer, yet they have chosen this rather bizarre moment, four points adrift with eight games to go and 48 hours before West Ham away, to say their goodbyes.

Nobody comes out of this looking good. The Clarets are staring at relegation and the ramifications of that do not bear thinking about for those who sup in The Royal Dyche on Harry Potts Way or those from America battling questions about their financial clout or lack thereof.

Dyche's role has changed in the last 12 months. Chairman Alan Pace has not afforded him the same level of control and the manager was not sitting in on board meetings as before. Tensions existed with the hierarchy and Dyche's rapport with former owner Mike Garlick was non-existent by the end too.

Dyche vetoed new signings under the old regime and that ability changed with Pace. The 50-year-old was noticeably cold on the idea of landing Maxwel Cornet, making it clear that the Ivory Coast international was an ALK signing. Cornet has since scored 28 per cent of the club's league goals.

He has overseen Dwight McNeil's form nosedive, James Tarkowski is leaving on a free transfer in June.

If Burnley are to suffer the drop, then the 2020 summer transfer window – Garlick sanctioning just one signing to an ageing squad amid the protracted takeover, an act that set the club back years – will be the chief reason but Dyche losing the 'us against the world' element of his repertoire has seen players and supporters appear resigned to their fate.
These 2 users liked this post: CrosspoolClarets BOYSIE31

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:43 pm

claretandy wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:38 pm
Do you know around what time this was ?
Just after 5.30 there was a snippet of an interview with Tony Livsey as well. Not sure what newspaper he was from.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1660 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:44 pm

First post on this and I’ve concluded that stubbornness has probably got Sean the boot. It has been false dawn after false dawn this season, most recently after Spurs and Everton. Much of that in my view was down to team selections and tactics. Not hard to imagine the board and possibly even some of the players falling out with him over this.

Bringing Westwood back after Covid when he looked a shadow of himself seemed like the catalyst for our underperformance, stifling Brownhill in the process and exposing our defence to the breaking midfielder in that Brownhill doesn’t have the football brain to anticipate early enough.

He has also been underperforming in the league position vs wage position table after many years of relative success. Our recent wages are higher than a few other teams probably.

So I think we can simultaneously commend Sean’s achievements while recognising the board’s probable reasoning for a decision and respect their right to take a calculated risk at this point. The new manager will have four possible areas to improve on Dyche:

1. Keeping us up against the odds with a new manager bounce
2. Persuade key players to stay whether we are up or down
3. Keep us up or get us up next season
4. Play better football to enhance the “brand”

Who that will be is one for the other thread but I suspect it will be someone who is a big name and thus exciting - American’s love big names and frankly, they won’t have heard of many of the others.

p.s. agree with the ChesterPerry article sharing above
These 3 users liked this post: Paul Waine Somethingfishy burnleymik

Steddyman
Been Liked: 625 times
Has Liked: 492 times

Post by Steddyman » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:45 pm

Is it so hard to believe that players who had worked their socks off all season to get into a Europa league place would be ****** off with a manager that played a second string team in those matches? I'm just a fan and he completely ****** me off with it, as he has done for every cup in the last few years. Thinking about it, it is probably around then when I started getting bored with him.

Let's see who comes in next. Who knows, perhaps Tarks will sign a new deal now and we might find it easier to attract better players with a different manager.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:46 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:32 pm
Sounds like we've got a bunch of self entitled average footballers on our hands, maybe they should actually focus on playing well and working hard before making such demands. Especially if Rodriguez is one of the entitled ones, he's been absolutely bobbins for 2 years, he doesn't have the right to be entitled with 2 goals in 60 games.
We dont know though do we. Maybe Pace tried sounding out players about contract extensions, and was told no not for me with the current regime, which would be their right, who knows, either way I think we have a better chance now than we did yesterday

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:47 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:55 pm
Do we need a proven championship manager or can we aim higher
Seriously, ten years ago all clarets fans would have given a right arm for one year in the premier league. Then we had seven. Fans have lost how hard it is to get up to the prem. aim higher than 7 years in the prem with a. Top seven finish. The Venkys are rich and look what happened to them. Our guys don’t have two dimes to rub together. Our best bet of getting back up was Dyche.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:50 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:42 pm
But you could see one. It was invest incrementally in the squad and facilities within the means of the club. Now the club is at 99% wages to turnover, before interest payments are loaded on, and therefore it’s unclear what the business plan is. Transparent Alan tells us it’s an incredible deal, you’ll be amazed when you see it…. Very Trumpian, and lacking clarity, logic, or structure. About as trustworthy as a snake oil salesman.
Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean there isn't one.
They've already started making changes, we can all see it.

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2606 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:55 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:50 pm
Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean there isn't one.
They've already started making changes, we can all see it.
Go on then, tell us the plan and the logic behind it. Because it’s beyond me, and many others by the looks of things.
This user liked this post: bf2k

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 904 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:55 pm

Steddyman wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:45 pm
Is it so hard to believe that players who had worked their socks off all season to get into a Europa league place would be ****** off with a manager that played a second string team in those matches? I'm just a fan and he completely ****** me off with it, as he has done for every cup in the last few years. Thinking about it, it is probably around then when I started getting bored with him.

Let's see who comes in next. Who knows, perhaps Tarks will sign a new deal now and we might find it easier to attract better players with a different manager.
Zero chance of Tarky signing on again whether we stay up or not.

summitclaret
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1332 times

Post by summitclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:55 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:46 pm
We dont know though do we. Maybe Pace tried sounding out players about contract extensions, and was told no not for me with the current regime, which would be their right, who knows, either way I think we have a better chance now than we did yesterday
Which of the OOC players do you think are worth fighting for, apart from Tarks (who is off anyways) and Ben?

I think the problem is that too many of the squad are unhappy that their mega bucks days are ending. Also, if SD was arguing for that lot to be given new contracts (presumably for a short term morale boost), I can see why AP might have resisted.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Post by Hipper » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:55 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Interesting stuff in the Mail - Just remember this is Pace's go to national publication and Jack Gaughan is his favoured writer.
So is this part of some information war that's starting up?

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:57 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Interesting stuff in the Mail - Just remember this is Pace's 5 to national publication and Jack Gaughan is his favoured writer.

If Burnley are to suffer the drop, then the 2020 summer transfer window – Garlick sanctioning just one signing to an ageing squad amid the protracted takeover, an act that set the club back years – will be the chief reason but Dyche losing the 'us against the world' element of his repertoire has seen players and supporters appear resigned to their fate.
Hahahahaha.

So signing one player in summer 2020 was the bigger contributor than signing one selling one in January 2022?

"He has overseen Dwight McNeil's form nosedive" he also brought him through.

Beggars belief and makes me doubt the entire contents.