Transfer Rumours Thread - NO FINANCIAL DISCUSSION

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread - NO FINANCIAL DISCUSSION

Post by RVclaret » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:57 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:56 am
I would argue potentially low end prem quality at best.

Mid table prem quality players don’t move for 2m euros
3-3.5m euros *

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3606 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:01 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:54 am
Oh here we are the classic being negative is realistic post, top stuff
He’s not being negative, he’s hedging his bets (as should we all) as we don’t know how these lads will do at all. Scott Twine looks a great signing on paper - he might be totally out of his depth at this level. We have no idea, we’ll have to hope he (and McNally, and Bastien, and Cullen, and Egan-Riley) all step up from the lower standard of football they are currently accustomed to playing.

It’s realistic, not negative, to suggest that they won’t all do so straight away with gusto. Hopefully our experienced core that will be around them can quicken their adjustment to this level, and hopefully we get a proven Championship goalscorer in that we can rely on from day dot (my pick? Armstrong on loan from Saints. You’re quite right, we cannot afford one permanently - so get him for the season).
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:03 am

dandeclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:41 am
I live in Ireland, there’s never been much talk about Cullen. Plus, they thought Wes Hoolahan should have been at a top half premier league club.

I didn’t expect them all to be at Andre Gray level, but it would be good to be there need to be a couple. The club arent even linked with players of that calibre, there are links to another lower league player, a player on the downgrade, a cheap prem academy cast off or cheap imports from weaker European leagues. Some may pay off, and we all hope they do, but the statistical reality is, that most of these won’t be of a suitable level to go out of the championship at the upper end.
That’s a very good post.

We have signed some exciting young talent but we still need to sign one or two top championship players. Someone like a Piroe, Willock, etc…. They are the signings that will make the difference

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:04 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:57 am
3-3.5m euros *
Either way it’s absolute peanuts. Mid table Prem CMs do not move for that fee.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1165 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:05 am

"Ireland fans can’t believe he’s coming to the Championship"

"I live in Ireland, there’s never been much talk about Cullen. Plus, they thought Wes Hoolahan should have been at a top half premier league club."

"Well he’s a regular starter for them"

Objectively a VERY funny series of posts.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:06 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:03 am
That’s a very good post.

We have signed some exciting young talent but we still need to sign one or two top championship players. Someone like a Piroe, Willock, etc…. They are the signings that will make the difference
Piroe was a complete unknown before last season. Swansea signed him for 1m. Now they want over 15m. Coventry got O’Hare on a free and now want 8m+ for him. People want financial sustainability but are now seemingly happy to go spunking big money (oh and there’s still big risk with these signings too - bad injury, one season wonder etc).

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:11 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:57 am
So you think anyone being positive/optimistic is not realistic?

That’s really helpful!
Positive is fine, assuming all our signings are going to be brilliant and the team will gel from Day 1 is not

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:13 am

jedi_master wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:01 am
He’s not being negative, he’s hedging his bets (as should we all) as we don’t know how these lads will do at all. Scott Twine looks a great signing on paper - he might be totally out of his depth at this level. We have no idea, we’ll have to hope he (and McNally, and Bastien, and Cullen, and Egan-Riley) all step up from the lower standard of football they are currently accustomed to playing.

It’s realistic, not negative, to suggest that they won’t all do so straight away with gusto. Hopefully our experienced core that will be around them can quicken their adjustment to this level, and hopefully we get a proven Championship goalscorer in that we can rely on from day dot (my pick? Armstrong on loan from Saints. You’re quite right, we cannot afford one permanently - so get him for the season).
A sensible post jedi, we all realise change is required, but that change might take time to produce results, especially given the scale of our overhaul, and the doubt that naturally lingers over whether these signings can cut it at Championship level.

Agree on the proven Championship goal scorer, as neither Ash or Jay will fire us to promotion, they might well contribute, but we're lacking that 20-25 goal man that makes the difference over a long season.

Armstrong is an interesting shout, he's not set the world alight at Saints, but his record in the Champ is impressive, though as ever wages might be an issue for us.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:13 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:06 am
Piroe was a complete unknown before last season. Swansea signed him for 1m. Now they want over 15m. Coventry got O’Hare on a free and now want 8m+ for him. People want financial sustainability but are now seemingly happy to go spunking big money (oh and there’s still big risk with these signings too - bad injury, one season wonder etc).
Yes but how often does that happen? There’s hundreds of players signed for peanuts every season in the championship. Only a handful of them perform at the top end of the league.

The point is if you sign a player like a Piroe, Andre gray (at the time) etc…. You are signing a striker that is much more likely to perform than for example Twine.

FYI I think twine is a very exciting talent but I do also suspect it is going to take him at least a season or two to start performing at the top end of the champ stats wise

Mattster
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by Mattster » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:14 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:03 am
That’s a very good post.

I like that everyone wanting the proven Championship players uses Piroe as an example given what he was this time last year when Swansea signed him.

I see the arguement for signing top players at this level but personally I'd argue we already have our fair share of those already and adding players who could explode at this level (like Piroe did) is the smarter choice.

If we sign Cullen we're getting experience, quality and potential in one. Sort out Muric and then bring in a striker of similar quality/experience/potential as Cullen and a winger and I think we're good to go.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:14 am

dandeclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:41 am
I live in Ireland, there’s never been much talk about Cullen. Plus, they thought Wes Hoolahan should have been at a top half premier league club.

I didn’t expect them all to be at Andre Gray level, but it would be good to be there need to be a couple. The club arent even linked with players of that calibre, there are links to another lower league player, a player on the downgrade, a cheap prem academy cast off or cheap imports from weaker European leagues. Some may pay off, and we all hope they do, but the statistical reality is, that most of these won’t be of a suitable level to go out of the championship at the upper end.
Who do you want us to be targeting Dan, out of interest?

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you that we need some proven top end Championship players, but the link with O’Hare is evidence that we may be trying to do that.

We’ve got a lot of the window left, and a number of our players will no doubt be sold for big money before then, which should enable those players you want to be targeted.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:15 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:11 am
Positive is fine, assuming all our signings are going to be brilliant and the team will gel from Day 1 is not
Don’t think anyone / many people have said that. In fact I think the main theme is we need to be patient at first but also that we aren’t far away from having a squad capable of challenging the top 2.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:21 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:15 am
Don’t think anyone / many people have said that. In fact I think the main theme is we need to be patient at first but also that we aren’t far away from having a squad capable of challenging the top 2.
I think similarly RV no one is saying we won’t be challenging the top 2.

My personal opinion is that we are one marquee signing away from winning the league. If we can sign a top striker our squad is really heading in the right direction.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3194 times
Has Liked: 1875 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:22 am

I can’t keep up with all the posts so this may have been mentioned by others

I have to admit, I suspect, like others, I have no idea who a lot of these players are or what they are like

I’ve seen lots of posts saying we have “the core experience” but we don’t have that in defence, losing Pope, Tarks & Mee (and potentially Hennessy) and we don’t appear to have the 20goal striker that we’d need to be a contender

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8743 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:24 am

We have 3 potentially.
They are listed as 6, 10 and 11 as the most likely in the league!

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:24 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:06 am
I don't think anyone is saying we should spunk big money. People recognise that the best way of becoming more sustainable is by getting back in the PL quickly. I'm assuming there will be at least one sale that will generate a big fee which should be used in part to pay good money on a striker. Balance is key and we are treading a narrow path.

Ric_C
Been Liked: 752 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:29 am

Ivan Toney was a league one player when Brentford took a punt on him. I remember a few on here saying he was a bit raw and a bit of a gamble

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:29 am

taio wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:24 am
I don't think anyone is saying we should spunk big money. People recognise that the best way of becoming more sustainable is by getting back in the PL quickly. I'm assuming there will be at least one sale that will generate a big fee which should be used in part to pay good money on a striker. Balance is key and we are treading a narrow path.
People keep suggesting known Championship quality. Who are they? The likes of Piroe get mentioned - firstly, he’s been linked with a PL move, secondly, Swansea are reported to want 15m - is that not big money? O’Hare was statistically one of the best attacking Champ players last season, it’s reported we’ve been priced out of that by Coventry, again, big money. Armstrong gets mentioned on loan, without considering his close ties to Rovers, which in my eyes makes it unrealistic.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:31 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:29 am
People keep suggesting known Championship quality. Who are they? The likes of Piroe get mentioned - firstly, he’s been linked with a PL move, secondly, Swansea are reported to want 15m - is that not big money? O’Hare was statistically one of the best attacking Champ players last season, it’s reported we’ve been priced out of that by Coventry, again, big money. Armstrong gets mentioned on loan, without considering his close ties to Rovers, which in my eyes makes it unrealistic.
Piroe is just an example. There’s other players it’s up the board and manager to identify the top striker we need.

If after 6 seasons of prem football we can’t afford a top championship player something is seriously wrong.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:34 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:29 am
I can immediately think of Swift by way of example. Yes he's moved now but would've been entirely realistic. And more generally we can sign players from other Champonship clubs proven at that level.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:37 am

Southampton signed Adam Armstrong from Rovers for £15 million who has struggled. Can we afford to spend that amount on a risky signing?
These 2 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera yosserhughes

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:37 am

Spijed wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:37 am
Southampton signed Adam Armstrong from Rovers for £15 million who has struggled. Can we afford to spend that amount on a risky signing?
It’s a level above. Complete none starter of a point

Jimscho
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by Jimscho » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:39 am

I keep reading we need a 20-25 goals striker.Every team in the league would like that.Who is he,where is he and what is he valued at.?
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

summitclaret
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1331 times

Post by summitclaret » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:39 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:58 am
And that's the problem, we have no say when a club makes that offer, if it's after five games, as the window is shutting we won't have time to replace him
Surely all release clauses have a condition that prevents it being implemented at the last minute, to give the selling club time to bring a replacement in.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:40 am

Jimscho wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:39 am
I keep reading we need a 20-25 goals striker.Every team in the league would like that.Who is he,where is he and what is he valued at.?
That is the challenge, identifying said player.

I think Adebayo is probably as close to that player in our price range.

Still only 24 so fits in with ALKs model and apaprantly available for around 10m

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:43 am

We need to cut our cloth accordingly, and I am impressed in the speed and manner in which we are securing new players. As I have previously said we are looking for the next Jarrod Bowen whilst at Hereford rather than the one at Hull who sold sold him for a fee rising to £25m. We are looking for the next Ollie Watkins whilst at Exeter, not the one at Brentford (sold to Villa for fee climbing to £33m), or the next Ivan Toney bought for £5m. I am confident with regular game time and coaching we will have several outstanding players on our hands who will improve, like Collins has,leaving us with some real assets. Lets face it other than Pope no one has been snapping our hands off to take one of our players, not even Cornet or McNeil
These 6 users liked this post: ClaretMov GodIsADeeJay81 CoolClaret tiger76 Juan Tanamera Quicknick

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:47 am

warksclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:43 am
We need to cut our cloth accordingly, and I am impressed in the speed and manner in which we are securing new players. As I have previously said we are looking for the next Jarrod Bowen whilst at Hereford rather than the one at Hull who sold sold him for a fee rising to £25m. We are looking for the next Ollie Watkins whilst at Exeter, not the one at Brentford (sold to Villa for fee climbing to £33m), or the next Ivan Toney bought for £5m. I am confident with regular game time and coaching we will have several outstanding players on our hands who will improve, like Collins has,leaving us with some real assets. Lets face it other than Pope no one has been snapping our hands off to take one of our players, not even Cornet or McNeil
That’s fine in theory Warks if your happy being a championship team for a few seasons. If promotion is the target which I believe it is. Then we need players for now not in 2-3 seasons

eastcoastclaret
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by eastcoastclaret » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:47 am

I suspect it will be a striker from overseas who will ultimately come in, possibly on loan from a big European club.

Regards the rest of the team and success this season, if we keep hold of Collins, Roberts and Taylor and bring in a keeper, the defence is sorted. The midfield is looking stronger, especially if Cullen joins in next couple of days and should create many more attacking opportunities. Having said all that, I think we will struggle early in the season and only start to gain momentum after the World Cup.

Personally I think this is the transition season before a push next year.

Jimscho
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by Jimscho » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:49 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:40 am
That is the challenge, identifying said player.

I think Adebayo is probably as close to that player in our price range.

Still only 24 so fits in with ALKs model and apaprantly available for around 10m
Adebayo scored 16 last year in the league from 40 appearances and 5 the year before from 18.Is he worth paying 10m for even if they willsell.How many championship strikers scored over 20 goals last year?

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:51 am

Jimscho wrote:
Screenshot_20220710-093555.png
Screenshot_20220710-093555.png (123.33 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
These are the top scorers from last season.
Mitrovic had a freakishly good season, which we probably won't see again for many a year, or unless he comes back down with Fulham.

Wiemann at Bristol had the best season of his career in regards to goals, prior to that he'd hit 10 at most.

Same with Piroe and Bereton.

A number of those strikers just hit a purple patch and weren't signed for big money prior to last season, they certainly weren't regarded as proven 20 goal a season strikers.
Ideally we just need to find someone with potential and see if they can emulate the above.

A number of lads in league one hit 20 ish goals and could probably make the step up like Austin did.
These 2 users liked this post: Jimscho Juan Tanamera

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:51 am

Spijed wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:37 am
He's as close to a non-risk signing at this level as you are going to get.

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:53 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:47 am
That’s fine in theory Warks if your happy being a championship team for a few seasons. If promotion is the target which I believe it is. Then we need players for now not in 2-3 seasons
I'm more than happy being realistic in thinking we will be in the championship for 1 or 2 season's rebuilding ready to make a charge for the premier league with this younger team of made up league one players etc, I personally think if we went up at the first time of asking it would be to soon for some player's to make that jump, but if it comes don't think I wouldn't take it because I would

Claret Alfie
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by Claret Alfie » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:53 am

If Andreas Weimann can score 20+ goals in a Championship season; I’d be confident Cornet would get over 20 if he stayed fit.
This user liked this post: Suntan

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:53 am

Jimscho wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:49 am
Adebayo scored 16 last year in the league from 40 appearances and 5 the year before from 18.Is he worth paying 10m for even if they willsell.How many championship strikers scored over 20 goals last year?
Only 5 strikers did and two of them are in the premier league now. Only strikers left are Weimann, Bereton and Piroe. All three likely to be out of our price range and age bracket.

That’s why I thought adebayo was a decent shout. Scored 16 in a team that scores very little and a good age still

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:56 am

Murger wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:51 am
He's as close to a non-risk signing at this level as you are going to get.
That's okay spending that amount on a non risk player at this level but if we went back up he's shown he can't cut it in the prem so it would be a risk in my eye's because we'd have a 15m player on our hands that can't score in the top flight
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:57 am

**** me any actual rumours lads?
This user liked this post: Middle-agedClaret

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:58 am

summitclaret wrote:
Surely all release clauses have a condition that prevents it being implemented at the last minute, to give the selling club time to bring a replacement in.
Do they?

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2261 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:59 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:04 am
Either way it’s absolute peanuts. Mid table Prem CMs do not move for that fee.
Leicester bought Kante for 5.6 mill....

Doesn't always work quite like that, a lot is dependent on contract length/the club selling/nationality/'pedigree' etc

taio

Post by taio » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:59 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:53 am
I'm more than happy being realistic in thinking we will be in the championship for 1 or 2 season's rebuilding ready to make a charge for the premier league with this younger team of made up league one players etc, I personally think if we went up at the first time of asking it would be to soon for some player's to make that jump, but if it comes don't think I wouldn't take it because I would
I think many supporters will expect it will take one or possibly two seasons in the Championship. In my view view there's no such thing as promotion being too soon.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 584 times

Post by jojomk1 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:00 am

eastcoastclaret wrote:

Personally I think this is the transition season before a push next year.
Agreed - realistically we have to see play offs as a good year

And the same could be said of next season when we will have to be looking at replacements for the likes of Cork, Westwood, Barnes, Lowton, Long, JBG, Jay and Vydra (if he has not already gone)

There was always the need for a major transition from the ageing squad that finished last season

And there is a lot more work to do over the next 12 months
These 2 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera Guller Bull

TickTock
Been Liked: 28 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by TickTock » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:03 am

jedi_master wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:01 am

Not being realistic as 2 of those signings you have brought up have played consistently at the same level or higher level of football, Bastien played in the seria A for two years, Cullen has had minutes in the premier league and a season long loan in the championship of consistent football. Furthermore how do you know we cant afford a solid goal scorer permanently because its been made explicit Kompany has been provided the funds I believe you and others at the moment are resting in a permeant negative mindset and that's fine but try and not put a downer on everyone else's excitement because of your own irrational beliefs and or comments based on a chronic lack of facts
These 2 users liked this post: BennyD Juan Tanamera

warksclaret

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:09 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Its a difficult one Newcastle, but we don't appear to have the funding to go for more proven players.I think also if and when we go up we need to be structured in a way that we can survive, and not do a Norwich. Personally I would be happy to spend a few years developing in the Championship to get it right, lose the bulk of our debt and go up with a very good squad

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:09 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:59 am
Leicester bought Kante for 5.6 mill....

Doesn't always work quite like that, a lot is dependent on contract length/the club selling/nationality/'pedigree' etc
True but even 5.6m 8 years ago is considerably more than 3m euros now

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:10 am

warksclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:09 am
Its a difficult one Newcastle, but we don't appear to have the funding to go for more proven players.I think also if and when we go up we need to be structured in a way that we can survive, and not do a Norwich. Personally I would be happy to spend a few years developing in the Championship to get it right, lose the bulk of our debt and go up with a very good squad
I wouldn’t be against that tbh, as long as the football was entertaining to watch
This user liked this post: warksclaret

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2261 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:15 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
True but even 5.6m 8 years ago is considerably more than 3m euros now
Kante also turned into one of the PLs best ever defensive midfielders!

I think Cullen is a very safe bet - no I'm not expecting the second coming of Kante but I trust VKs judgement on CMs seen as he literally played with some of the greatest to ever grace the game and has managed Cullen for what 2 seasons?

Also, it shows that players must like playing for VK and rate him as a manager, if they're willing to immediately jump ship to where VK is headed to!

taio

Post by taio » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:16 am

warksclaret wrote:
I would have thought we won't lose the bulk of our debt in the Championship and if the players develop to such an extent the best ones would be sold before we are promoted. We should be targeting promotion in the next season or two. I'm sure Pace, Kompany and the players will be.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:17 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:15 am
Kante also turned into one of the PLs best ever defensive midfielders!

I think Cullen is a very safe bet - no I'm not expecting the second coming of Kante but I trust VKs judgement on CMs seen as he literally played with some of the greatest to ever grace the game and has managed Cullen for what 2 seasons?

Also, it shows that players must like playing for VK and rate him as a manager, if they're willing to immediately jump ship to where VK is headed to!
Oh I agree I think he will be a great point. The original discussion was around a poster saying that he was mid table prem quality. He could very well be but right now he’s got to prove it the championship first

warksclaret

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:20 am

We have short memories. The media at large ridiculed us immediately after our relegation, stating lack of funds, debt, numerous OOC players, no manager ,etc, etc and the only way we were going was to Division 1, just like Sheffield Wednesday, Derby etc.In the space of 6 weeks we have an astute and promising manager, a backroom team, six exciting prospects, several more to follow, and we might even keep some of our best players. OH and the first away game sold out in 24 hours, despite SKY coverage. Life as a claret is becoming exciting again
These 7 users liked this post: Ric_C GodIsADeeJay81 eastcoastclaret ClaretMov Juan Tanamera Paul Waine Quicknick

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:21 am

This is the lad we need to sign

Elijah Oluwalana from Luton 6 feet 4, 24 years old, and we'd make a fortune in shirt sale's charging 50p a letter with his full name on the back 😀

Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:22 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:21 am
This is the lad we need to sign

Elijah Oluwalana from Luton 6 feet 4, 24 years old, and we'd make a fortune in shirt sale's charging 50p a letter with his full name on the back 😀

Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana
We'd never have a song for him because we'd never agree on how to say his name :lol: