Dyche wanted

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Re: Dyche wanted

Post by ClaretPete001 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:10 pm

I hope VK reads this and thinks to himself. Hmmm if I perform a miracle and get this team up and then keep them in the PL for 7 years - this is what these fans will be saying about me.

I'll just give Khaldoon Al Mubarak's a ring see how he is doing....!

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:52 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:53 pm
Long way to go yet. Look at Forest last season.

True. But they’d have to catch us or beat Sheffield Utd or Norwich in the play offs. 😊

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:01 am

brexit wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:25 pm
IMHO Dyche has enough money for a comfortable life for the foreseeable future. My advice to him go abroad manage a foreign team, make the contacts
the way that Vince has and learn a new style of play. He needs to learn and emulate Potter.
Or wait until January and take the England Job.
Because no team in the PL or Championship will give you the money or control that you had at Burnley.
Can you just imagine Dyche managing in Italy or Spain maybe?

“Hey what is this thing we do...it’s not football...what is it?”
“I don’t know but our players cannot see the ball...it’s too high in the air and the sun is blinding them.”
“And why do we not seem to want the ball...are they afraid of it or something?”
“And why is our new 50 million euro player not playing yet?”
“Apparently he’s not fit enough yet...but it’s touch and go...whatever that means.”

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:03 am

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:10 pm
I hope VK reads this and thinks to himself. Hmmm if I perform a miracle and get this team up and then keep them in the PL for 7 years - this is what these fans will be saying about me.

I'll just give Khaldoon Al Mubarak's a ring see how he is doing....!
It’s all in good fun bud. I don’t think anyone dislikes old Dychey boy...he did wonders for years but just got a bit stale toward the end. I hope he gets a decent job somewhere.

Although I don’t think he will be struggling with his mortgage somehow.

Dano1bfc
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Dano1bfc » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:45 am

The lack of respect for what Dyche did at our club is embarrassing.

VK has got off to a decent start but months in charge is no comparison to what Sean achieved.

I sometimes wonder if if we can go up get this damn debt paid then have a year or two in the wilderness so we can get rid of the instant success fans.

Tuesdays at Torquey and the like would sort the men from the boys.

Anyway Dyche was always going to be wanted by anybody who wants longevity and relative success.

I say good luck to him as long as it’s not at the expense of the clarets .
These 6 users liked this post: welsbyswife ClaretPete001 Stayingup jetblackcat Stalbansclaret evensteadiereddie

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1217 times
Has Liked: 7199 times

Post by Quicknick » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:05 am

Dano1bfc wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:45 am

VK has got off to a decent start but months in charge is no comparison to what Sean achieved.

I sometimes wonder if if we can go up get this damn debt paid then have a year or two in the wilderness so we can get rid of the instant success fans.

Anyway Dyche was always going to be wanted by anybody who wants longevity and relative success.

We'll have to hit some area of the wilderness to play Torquay. The way they're going, they'll be in the National regionals next season.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5091 times
Has Liked: 6909 times

Post by bfcjg » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:21 pm

What Dyche did for the club will always be recorded as a glorious era for us, a true legend. He did become stale and has admitted it himself,that said it won't tarnish his reputation for me.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18285 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:27 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:21 pm
What Dyche did for the club will always be recorded as a glorious era for us, a true legend. He did become stale and has admitted it himself,that said it won't tarnish his reputation for me.
Or me bfcjg ...
Dyche came in and rejuvenated the Fans and the club ... his input into Gawthorpe and the training facilities etc helped set the path we are on now ...

Its just his last couple of seasons that were hard work with the sale of the club and lack of investment in the team ...

The introduction of VK and the influx of players with a young exciting brand of play has taken it a step further forward ...

So as long as VK gets the backing of the board we can kick on to the next level.

Exciting times
UTC

duncandisorderly
Been Liked: 970 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by duncandisorderly » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:34 pm

Stan did really well for us, but towards the top of the list when you think about Stan is Watford 2-0 and Burnley 2-7 Sheffield Wednesday.
Cotterill did okay for us, but 19 games without a win and American Beauty style plastic bags blowing in the wind is what he is mainly remembered for.
Dyche will rightly be remembered for taking us to Europe, winning the league, 7 years in the premier league - but for now the depressing nature of the last 12-18 months is forefront in peoples minds. It won't be that way forever.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:35 pm

Dyche will get a Prem job this season, pretty sure of it. It's probably too soon for some to take a balanced view, but his achievements here were exceptional. Feels like to some fans it's a slight on what VK is doing to say how fantastic Dyche was for us, but it's not at all.
This user liked this post: Stayingup

nyclaret
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by nyclaret » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:37 pm

NottsClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:35 pm
Dyche will get a Prem job this season, pretty sure of it. It's probably too soon for some to take a balanced view, but his achievements here were exceptional. Feels like to some fans it's a slight on what VK is doing to say how fantastic Dyche was for us, but it's not at all.
Which job?

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:39 pm

nyclaret wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:37 pm
Which job?
Leicester, Villa, Bournemouth, Southampton, Forest, Wolves, Everton.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 923 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:42 pm

Dano1bfc wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:45 am

True and just shows that some people are pretty dense. Dyche did a great job on peanuts. VK is also doing abgreat job be the way, but in a poor quality league. Still you can ony play whats in front of you. Just hope they figure a way to get around the back 5 set up that doesnt allow us the width we enjoyed on Saturday.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:46 pm

houseboy wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:01 am
Can you just imagine Dyche managing in Italy or Spain maybe?
These 2 users liked this post: Burnley1989 houseboy

Penwortham_Claret
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by Penwortham_Claret » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:56 pm

NottsClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:39 pm
Leicester, Villa, Bournemouth, Southampton, Forest, Wolves, Everton.
Bournemouth or Forest maybe. Not in a million years would he be considered for any of the others in that list.
These 2 users liked this post: andyh jen1066

lesxdp
Been Liked: 112 times
Has Liked: 1662 times

Post by lesxdp » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:00 pm

duncandisorderly wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:34 pm
Stan did really well for us, but towards the top of the list when you think about Stan is Watford 2-0 and Burnley 2-7 Sheffield Wednesday.
Cotterill did okay for us, but 19 games without a win and American Beauty style plastic bags blowing in the wind is what he is mainly remembered for.
Dyche will rightly be remembered for taking us to Europe, winning the league, 7 years in the premier league - but for now the depressing nature of the last 12-18 months is forefront in peoples minds. It won't be that way forever.
Must also mention Howe and Coyle as they both helped us along the path of progress.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:00 pm

Penwortham_Claret wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:56 pm
Bournemouth or Forest maybe. Not in a million years would he be considered for any of the others in that list.
Depends how much trouble they are in.

Let's not beat around the bush here. When it comes to relegation, fans and owners alike don't care one iota about the perception of style and attractive football compared with stopping in the Prem.

Survival overrides anything else. If Big Sam can get jobs in the Prem then why not SD?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:09 pm

Spijed wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:00 pm

Let's not beat around the bush here. When it comes to relegation, fans and owners alike don't care one iota about the perception of style and attractive football compared with stopping in the Prem.

Survival overrides anything else. If Big Sam can get jobs in the Prem then why not SD?
Its a little premature to start putting Dyche in the same league as Allardyce just yet. Dyche could go on to have a similar career but I don't think he has yet proved himself to be quite that standard that Big Sam achieved

How Dyche does at his next club could make or break him as a top tier manager.

Penwortham_Claret
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by Penwortham_Claret » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:09 pm

Spijed wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:00 pm

I don’t think he’s not capable of managing one of those clubs I just feel that the fans would be furious if he was considered and that could be magnified if they were in trouble.

It will be the PR around Dyche that limits his opportunities not his ability

duncandisorderly
Been Liked: 970 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by duncandisorderly » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:12 pm

It's such a bad argument using Allardyce as an exemplar. If Dyche gets close to Big Sams achievements then he'd have had a fantastic career.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3809 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:11 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:52 pm
In his first part-season with us, Dyche had us sleepwalking to oblivion before just about getting a grip towards the seasons end.
It wasn't just the team sleepwalking either, I woke up to see the final few minutes of the Hull midweek game sat in my seat at the ground.

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:15 pm

Penwortham_Claret wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:56 pm
This… except I’d stretch to Bournemouth and Forest are very unlikely. Neither strikes me as a SD project.
I can’t see any Prem team touching Sean.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:23 pm

Can't help thinking Dyche, Woan and Stone taking over a squad full of foreign lads on 80 grand a week would be a recipe for disaster.
Don't think the alleged old school, bully boy tactics of Woan and Stone would go down too well.
Last edited by jrgbfc on Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:24 pm

duncandisorderly wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:34 pm
This is absolutely it.

On reflection, Dyche's achievements make him a legendary figure here and the 2nd greatest manager in the clubs history. It will just take time to wipe the depressing last 2 years of non football from memory. My love for BFC didn't change but something changed in those 2 years that made me hate watching us play.

VK might not be a better manager than Dyche but he's brought something different, fresh, exciting, galvanising, gone is that ugly brexit hoofball tag now we're a modern forward thinking fluid dynamic young exciting team. I hated we were correctly labelled with that ugly hoofball tag from worldwide fans. I love this team too. Championship (2nd tier) attendances have near doubled since I started attending.

It feels like finally BFC is a big fish, finally we're getting some credit for playing exciting. I've waited my whole life for this.
This user liked this post: claretfern

jollyjack
Been Liked: 107 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by jollyjack » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:28 pm

Don't know if anyone will agree but....

Never saw Dyche as a PL Manager. A good Championship manager, who was promoted twice, (2 of my favourite ever seasons following the Clarets). He proved that if you can avoid PL relegation in season one you can with some luck and tactical nous against the big boys, grind out results and survive. The 7th and 10th place finishes are obviously our zenith over the last 40 years or so but I'm not sure that they prove his credentials in that League. Certainly not perceived as a PL manager by PL clubs, as no one has offered him a job and the influx of European coach/managers into the PL suggests that his style and philosophy doesn't fit the bill these days. If a struggling side appointed him, he wouldn't have enough time to bring his talents to bear as he did here, even then he struggled and was lucky to survive initially.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:31 pm

This is why I'll always love Owen Coyle, regardless of how he left. I also understand why he left, he wasn't backed here with Holden, Weiss and Wilshire, had a better opportunity elsewhere. Owen provided some of the most memorable moments for me at games, Spurs away in the first leg was probably the best atmosphere. I loved that Coyle team so much I even went to Hartlepool for a midweek Carling Cup game. I didn't attend Lincoln at home under Dyche.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:45 pm

There's some utter tripe being spouted on here and it's absolutely no shock :lol: :lol:

Those signings Coyle wanted were lined up to come here, we all know that.

As for someone claiming Dyche wasn't a PL manager, he most certainly was and could be again, he's proven he could do it in the PL for an extended period of time.

I'm not sure if some of you are just bitter, deluded or stupid 🤔
Maybe all 3.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:47 pm

andyh wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:15 pm
This… except I’d stretch to Bournemouth and Forest are very unlikely. Neither strikes me as a SD project.
I can’t see any Prem team touching Sean.
Bournemouth are circling the drain until they get sold to someone who wants to invest, but until they can get permission to build a new stadium to allow for growth, then they're going to be stuck with the current owner who's bored of funding them.

Forest - they've just given Cooper that contract extension, yes I know it doesn't mean much, but they may be more understanding about their place in the league this first time round.

jollyjack

Post by jollyjack » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:06 pm

"As for someone claiming Dyche wasn't a PL manager, he most certainly was and could be again, he's proven he could do it in the PL for an extended period of time."

He obviously did manage us in the PL! Saying he's not perceived as whats required in the evolving modern era in the PL. Noone is established in the PL outside the top 6 so teams will come and go apart from the billionnaire clubs. Chairmen looking for someone to get the toehold required aren't going to stake a £100 million budget on Dyche to do it for them. Chairmen in the Championship looking for a winner at that level, thats another matter..

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:27 pm

jollyjack wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:06 pm
"As for someone claiming Dyche wasn't a PL manager, he most certainly was and could be again, he's proven he could do it in the PL for an extended period of time."

He obviously did manage us in the PL! Saying he's not perceived as whats required in the evolving modern era in the PL. Noone is established in the PL outside the top 6 so teams will come and go apart from the billionnaire clubs. Chairmen looking for someone to get the toehold required aren't going to stake a £100 million budget on Dyche to do it for them. Chairmen in the Championship looking for a winner at that level, thats another matter..
Why wouldn't they?
He's done it with far far less and was more successful at it than a host of other managers who've splashed far far more than he ever did.

He's proven that he can do the job, was able to get the team into 7th and another finish in 10th when others teams hadn't managed to do that.

The revisionism on here is both hilarious and bizarre.
This user liked this post: Stalbansclaret

jollyjack

Post by jollyjack » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:30 pm

Not revisionism, just looking forward from now in the PL. Wait and see I guess.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:13 pm

The perceived criticism of Dyche by some on here is perhaps being misunderstood. I don’t think you will find a Claret anywhere who isn’t grateful for all he did for the club but no one is beyond criticism. Let’s get this straight, he isn’t nor was he ever a God, he was a guy who for a few years did an incredibly good job for us but in the end it went stale, apparently even by his own admission. And some of it was down to his own failings, mainly sticking with players who just weren’t up to it any more. He was also bad at introducing new signings. He was brilliant for a few years but the last couple were hard work to say the least. But people here defend him like it’s sacrilege to criticise.
These 4 users liked this post: fatboy47 California Colner MeeActon1 claretfern

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:15 pm

Yes, you're right, we should just accept people claiming he was never a PL manager etc :roll:

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:34 pm

Villa looking at Pochettino

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:29 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:23 pm
Can't help thinking Dyche, Woan and Stone taking over a squad full of foreign lads on 80 grand a week would be a recipe for disaster.
Don't think the alleged old school, bully boy tactics of Woan and Stone would go down too well.
I agree with you. If SD got another job as manager he would benefit from fresh coaches. Clubs do their homework when recruiting, with a lot of networking going on. SD will not get the length of time he got with us-the club was very loyal to him, and quite rightly so. The bar is now set very high in the PL as to the qualities the managers and their backroom staff are expected to possess

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:29 pm

The Athletic reporting Wolves have made QPR boss Michael Beale their number 1 managerial target.

Quite an interesting one, given he’s only been in management for 13 games in the Championship.

Where does this leave Dyche?

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:37 pm

Dyche will soon be a forgotten man the longer he remains unemployed.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:37 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:29 pm
The Athletic reporting Wolves have made QPR boss Michael Beale their number 1 managerial target.

Quite an interesting one, given he’s only been in management for 13 games in the Championship.

Where does this leave Dyche?
Where would that leave QPR :o

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:39 pm

Murger wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:37 pm
Howe was out a year.....

Still think he hopes for Forest

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:44 pm

Wokingclaret wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:39 pm
Howe was out a year.....

Still think he hopes for Forest
Wasn’t Howe keeping himself involved by learning new coaching methods at other clubs? I’m not sure whether Dyche is doing similar.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:16 pm

Murger wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:44 pm
Wasn’t Howe keeping himself involved by learning new coaching methods at other clubs? I’m not sure whether Dyche is doing similar.
He's too busy doing all these podcasts.

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:24 pm

houseboy wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:13 pm
Let’s get this straight, he isn’t nor was he ever a God,
Correct, Dyche wasn't

but Coyle was.

:D

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:25 pm

Murger wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:37 pm
Who?

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:26 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:34 pm
Villa looking at Pochettino
So am I,
he's gorgeous.
:D
This user liked this post: Middle-agedClaret

Hipper
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Post by Hipper » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:07 pm

duncandisorderly wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:12 pm
It's such a bad argument using Allardyce as an exemplar. If Dyche gets close to Big Sams achievements then he'd have had a fantastic career.
I would suggest that Dyche has so far only operated at the same or lower level then Allardyce but Dyches achievements so far are certainly comparable. I certainly would not say Allardyce has had a 'fantastic' career.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Allardyce

1882Clarets1882
Been Liked: 198 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by 1882Clarets1882 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:48 pm

Wolves have approached QPRs Michael Beale. Wonder what Dyche thinks?

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3606 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by jedi_master » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:52 pm

I was sure he'd be a shoe in for West Brom - maybe he's asking for too much money? It seems baffling that he wouldn't be in the frame there but they seem to be looking at many alternatives who have achieved far less.

Not shocked Wolves don't want him though, he would be a fish out of water with their squad I think.

Conroysleftfoot
Been Liked: 352 times
Has Liked: 294 times

Post by Conroysleftfoot » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:54 pm

1882Clarets1882 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:48 pm
Wolves have approached QPRs Michael Beale. Wonder what Dyche thinks?
Thought Wolves would have gone for another foreign manager. Bit gobsmacked that this chap would get it before Sean.

1882Clarets1882
Been Liked: 198 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by 1882Clarets1882 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:55 pm

Conroysleftfoot wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:54 pm
Thought Wolves would have gone for another foreign manager. Bit gobsmacked that this chap would get it before Sean.
Yeah me too.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11059 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:56 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:11 pm
It wasn't just the team sleepwalking either, I woke up to see the final few minutes of the Hull midweek game sat in my seat at the ground.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: