Muric

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Re: Muric

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:12 am

I feel pretty bad about starting this thread now. Yes Muric was very poor today. It's true that I've never rated him. But he is young and he wasnt given any protection by our very young defence.

Nobody yet has mentioned the ghost in the room, that is next Sunday.

I don't suppose we are Top of the League for nothing, even though we didn't look like Top of the League. I would like to think that the performance will be analysed and we won't allow our closest rivals to bully us in a similar fashion next week.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by superdimitri » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:15 am

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:59 pm
The same people still blaming Muric after every goal, it's been the same all season long. Roberts is lucky he didn't start today otherwise he'd have been in for a slaughtering too.

There's no doubt he needs to improve in certain areas but he's a 23 year old goalkeeper who cost peanuts, what exactly do you expect? with a young inexperienced new defence infront of him to boot. The whole team collectively needs to improve at defending set pieces, not just Muric. That will come with practice and experience, trial and error, small tweaks here and there.

Those going over the top with the ''worst keeper ever'' or ''bring in BPF'' are just showing their true colours, Premier League cling on fans or clueless about football. Anyone with half a brain knows you're not getting the final product primed Gianluigi Buffon at less than £3m whilst in the 2nd tier. Work in progress (like the team) and requires patience.
People forget that the system has a lot to do with how a goalkeeper plays. Both Pope and Heaton played behind a team who put everyone behind the ball. The entire point of the teams tactics in defence was to reduce the window of opportunity opponent's could shoot at our goal.

Now we have a new team full of youngsters in a system possession and control based system where we often only have 2 players in defence and Muric gets the blame. Do people expect we are able to buy a player like Ederson? No they want us to buy another goalkeeper like Pope and kick the ball into touch all the time so we can even less control in games.

I can only imagine the outrage on here it he was at all at fault for any of the goals.

Commy
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Commy » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:27 am

The defence need to have confidence in each other and at the minute they don't. The only way they will is to play together more and learn from their mistakes, or try putting an experienced player in the middle of them to calm them down when under pressure. The only ones with any experience in the Championship are both 20 and, before they came to us, had played 81 games between them in the Championship. Sheffield's average age today was 5 years higher than ours. They are seasoned professionals and know what they are doing. It isn't the end of the world to lose to them. They beat Fulham last year 1-0 and 4-0 and it didn't seem to harm them. It's if/how you bounce back and having a go at young players certainly won't help.

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:08 am

superdimitri wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:15 am
People forget that the system has a lot to do with how a goalkeeper plays.

The system is irrelevant when it comes to the keeper catching a ball. That should be a basic qualification of a keeper.

Clive 1960
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 198 times

Post by Clive 1960 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:30 am

I don't think Muric can install confidence in our defence with the way that he comes out and flap's at crosses.
This user liked this post: k90bfc

Clive 1960
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 198 times

Post by Clive 1960 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:31 am

Forgot to say that he reminds me of Peter Mellor.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:35 am

IanMcL wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:33 pm
Muric inadequacy as a goalkeeper has led to the jitters in the rest.

He is just a decent very large footballer, not good enough to play outfield, so went in goal. He is clueless as a keeper and it will cost us dearly.

Very good with his feet but no keeping attributes, other than athletic, so will get to save some shots.
:D :D :D :D

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3166 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:51 am

Right now I'm thinking back to previous seasons where Nick Pope was "rescued" by goal-line blocks (Mee, in particular) .
We are not doing this at all this season; in fact has there been a goal line clearance at all?

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:03 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:51 am
Right now I'm thinking back to previous seasons where Nick Pope was "rescued" by goal-line blocks (Mee, in particular) .
We are not doing this at all this season; in fact has there been a goal line clearance at all?
Didn’t THB make a fantastic one yesterday?

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:08 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:03 am
I didn't see it.
It's a bit of a generalisation on my part, but I'm not sure we are protecting the goal-line (if you like) as well as in the SD era.
Some of this is tactical, some just down to the level of experience in defence.

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:10 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:03 am
He certainly did in the first half denying them a goal. He did very well.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 5070 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:10 am

Ampth7 wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:04 pm
As anyone who’s played football at any level knows, centre halves feed off from the confidence or lack of from the keeper behind them.

Sadly, Muric’s first half performance made it an easy team talk for their manager. Something along the lines of ‘stick it over his head every time we get it, because he can’t catch or punch’.

Yes, our centre backs/rest of the team didn’t help him out but we were clearly lacking in height big time and that’s when you need your 6ft 6 keeper to come and claim the high ball.
That works both ways, how much confidence did Nick Pope gain from having Tarks and Mee in front of him.

Coming for crosses in a dead ball situation is nigh impossible. The opposition have a man placed simply to block any run, then there are the number of players in the box trying to get the ball. I've read some crap about barging players out of the way to claim the ball, as if it really is that simple. And if he had barged players out of the way, missed the ball and they score, the same posters would be saying why didn't he stay on his line. The poor bloke can't win.

He suffers because he isn't Nick Pope, he can't help that, he's ok not brilliant, but he's still young himself and learning. It can't help him having the defence in front of him unable to win a header, unable to win a second ball, unable to take responsibility for the situation. For so many posters to continually lay the blame at his door is ridiculous.
He's one of ours, he needs our support to give him the confidence to improve, in his boots I'd be terrified of pulling on my boots again for Burnley if I read the crap on here written about me.

Every season the same posters have to have a scapegoat that gets blamed for every defeat, every draw, every goal conceded. It would be bad if it was true, but it isn't, it's all subjective bullshit.

If you really want to go up this season, you need to pick up your toys, put them back in the pram, and give Muric some encouragement and support, he's one of ours.
This user liked this post: Darnhill Claret

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:17 am

There is a point to be made that Muric would be better behind Tarks and Mee
But nothing changes the fact that he can’t dominate on Corners in the 6 yard box
He comes and fails leaving the goal line empty so second balls are a tap or nod in
Also doesn’t change the fact that in open play he’s static on his line when the balls in the 6 yard box are being contested, those balls should be his even wiping out his own defenders if necessary
He’s physically weak
He doesn’t command his defence
He’s only average with his feet when under pressure because he has a high centre of gravity so can’t sort his feet and balance quickly
Kompany has a call to make and stubborn loyalty to certain players doesn’t work
This user liked this post: winsomeyen

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:24 am

Some of the best keepers in the land (Seaman was an example) stick to there line but have the best defence to assist them, in our case we do not have the adequate personal to defend the Murics of the goal keeping world who are glued to their line

Dingo
Been Liked: 30 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Dingo » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:47 am

On the whole I'm pleased with Muric in terms of what he offers as a package. He has some great strengths, but there's a reason he signed for us in the Championship and not for a PL team, that being he has areas for improvement which I expect him to develop whilst he's with us. It's his first full season as the main keeper (excluding loans in less competitive leagues) and I think he's growing into it. I've seen improvement in him from the early games (his distribution, shot stopping and coming to collect crosses [even if unsuccessfully at times, he's trying and will get better]) and see an upwards trajectory. As with all young keepers, he just needs time to continue to be further coached and embed this in his game. We know VK's transfer strategy was to buy cheaper and add value - he's said this many times - so we need to afford the same support to Muric as we do with other players.
These 2 users liked this post: Colburn_Claret RVclaret

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 2922 times

Post by burnleymik » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:51 am

He was rattled far too easily by Egan on his own line. Needs a dose of what VK has done with Benson.
This user liked this post: winsomeyen

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8743 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:51 am

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:39 pm
Just watched the goals back. Honestly don’t think there was a thing he could do about any of them. What went on in front of him was the issue, mixed in with some bad luck (ricochets, balls landing unfavourably, etc).
From the beginning, he was so jittery and went for things he shouldn't, didn't go when he should and got out musled by a smaller player just standing and not moving, in front of him. The expressions on some of the defenders faces was clear. If it was one match, fine but it gas been there since the start.

Could he have saved the goals? No. Not the point I am making.

Not a goalkeeper.

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:57 am

The problem Muric has are any other goal keeper for that matter, is that our defence and midfield are midget gems and won't get the protection when playing against a quality side like Sheffield United

Thankfully we don't play the Sheffield Uniteds of this world every week who have power and quality to deliver the correct Ball into the box, most of the other clubs in the championship don't posses this

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:29 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:51 am
From the beginning, he was so jittery and went for things he shouldn't, didn't go when he should and got out musled by a smaller player just standing and not moving, in front of him. The expressions on some of the defenders faces was clear. If it was one match, fine but it gas been there since the start.

Could he have saved the goals? No. Not the point I am making.

Not a goalkeeper.
Hi Ian, just to clarify, he is definitely a goalkeeper.
These 2 users liked this post: MancunianClaret NewClaret

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1508 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:37 pm

burnleymik wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:51 am
He was rattled far too easily by Egan on his own line. Needs a dose of what VK has done with Benson.
Do agree with this. He looked agitated early doors and perhaps VK should have remedied that with a defender to occupy Egan. Though yes, he also needs to be tougher and more commanding.

Healeywoodclaret

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:45 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Yes there was one yesterday by Harwood Bellis wasn't there?

MancunianClaret
Been Liked: 175 times
Has Liked: 322 times

Post by MancunianClaret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:49 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Other have mentioned THB yesterday - but I also recall in a recent game JBG making two fantastic blocks after Muric was already beaten.

Hapag Lloyd
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 427 times

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:50 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:29 pm
Hi Ian, just to clarify, he is definitely a goalkeeper.
Just not a very good one.

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by Jamesy » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:01 pm

He is a good shot stopper for a big guy. However, the basic bread and butter stuff he does very poorly. Doesn’t command his area or his defenders, woeful with corners crosses and high balls. Doesn’t inspire confidence at all.
Having said that, he can’t shoulder the blame for yesterday. It was a collective bad day at the office for our inexperienced defence against a physical decent team of established players like Sheffield United are.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:07 pm

Hapag Lloyd wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:50 pm
Good keeper for where we are at and system we play.

lakedistrictclaret
Been Liked: 524 times
Has Liked: 186 times

Post by lakedistrictclaret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:08 pm

Before yesterday, I think I'm right in saying that only one side had conceded fewer goals. So our defence can't be all that bad.
Yes, our defence was poor yesterday, and Muric does have a tendency to flap at crosses, but a lot of hours on the training ground will see an improvement.

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by Jamesy » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:16 pm

lakedistrictclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:08 pm
Before yesterday, I think I'm right in saying that only one side had conceded fewer goals. So our defence can't be all that bad.
Yes, our defence was poor yesterday, and Muric does have a tendency to flap at crosses, but a lot of hours on the training ground will see an improvement.
The hours on the training ground may help. My view is a bit of mind coaching would be more useful. Reminding him of his size and how his stature should be imposing especially when coming for crosses. In the meantime just put BPF in goal.

Enola Gay
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 587 times

Post by Enola Gay » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:22 pm

Hapag Lloyd wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:50 pm
Best one we've got.
This user liked this post: NewClaret

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:38 pm

It strikes me confidence is a big part of what happened to Muric yesterday.

I think generally he's done OK on crosses, certainly I think the criticism has been overdone, but you can think that and accept that the perception it's his weakness exists because its an area where he's obviously having to work harder because it is less natural to him. Whatever your thoughts about long throws as a tactic, my guess is that Muric has been on the end of the sort of bombardment SU inflicted very few times. He's still learning how to manage his box in those situations.

Had he come and caught or punched the first one cleanly, it's quite likely the game unfolds differently. He gains confidence and SU don't get the same encouragement to focus on him. As it was he started shakily, got a bit shakier and then his head went. Anyone who in their chosen field has made a couple of mistakes in quick succession when doing a task they're less comfortable with - particularly when it happens in public- can relate to the feeling of something unravelling. It's the reason a top class golfer can shoot three sub par rounds in a major and then finish with a horror show way over par.

And that's why he needs pumping up next week. If he can settle the inevitable nerves early then I think he'll be fine in the air. He's decent enough when his head is right, so we've all got to help him get it right. He is as others have said, the best keeper at the club.
These 5 users liked this post: RVclaret MancunianClaret Lancasterclaret claretinkorea Spijed

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:48 pm

MancunianClaret wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:49 pm
Other have mentioned THB yesterday - but I also recall in a recent game JBG making two fantastic blocks after Muric was already beaten.
yes, I remember the incident.
I am more referring to the tactic (if you like) of defending behind the keeper when the ball is bouncing around in the penalty area.
Think of Ben Mee's ability to make blocks behind Nick Pope.

Conroysleftfoot
Been Liked: 352 times
Has Liked: 294 times

Post by Conroysleftfoot » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:50 pm

claretspice wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:38 pm

I think generally he's done OK on crosses, certainly I think the criticism has been overdone, but you can think that and accept that the perception it's his weakness exists because its an area where he's obviously having to work harder because it is less natural to him. Whatever your thoughts about long throws as a tactic, my guess is that Muric has been on the end of the sort of bombardment SU inflicted very few times. He's still learning how to manage his box in those situations.

Had he come and caught or punched the first one cleanly, it's quite likely the game unfolds differently. He gains confidence and SU don't get the same encouragement to focus on him. As it was he started shakily, got a bit shakier and then his head went. Anyone who in their chosen field has made a couple of mistakes in quick succession when doing a task they're less comfortable with - particularly when it happens in public- can relate to the feeling of something unravelling. It's the reason a top class golfer can shoot three sub par rounds in a major and then finish with a horror show way over par.

And that's why he needs pumping up next week. If he can settle the inevitable nerves early then I think he'll be fine in the air. He's decent enough when his head is right, so we've all got to help him get it right. He is as others have said, the best keeper at the club.
Excellent post
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

claretinkorea
Been Liked: 63 times
Has Liked: 70 times

Post by claretinkorea » Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:48 pm

claretspice wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:38 pm

Absolutely spot on! Anyone who wants our club to do well against the B'strds should be singing his name at the top of their voices start of the match. Irrespective of whether they like him or not!

Ampth7
Been Liked: 228 times
Has Liked: 226 times

Post by Ampth7 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:00 pm

I completely agree that Muric needs backing, if he plays next game….and he will be supported of that I’m sure.

However, yesterday he had a mare in my opinion. It’s just an opinion and a criticism of his performance as I saw it and doesn’t mean that I don’t rate him or not want him to do well for us! I personally would never boo or slag off one of our own at a game, but criticism post-game for a professional footballer earning mega-bucks compared to the majority of us is surely allowed on a chat forum!?
This user liked this post: Hapag Lloyd

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:04 pm

You can't blame Muric for what happened yesterday. Those 2 centre halfs were like a couple of scared rabbits, caught Ball watching on all the goals and set pieces

Not to forget to mention the 2 full backs who are as weak as ****. Muric got Hung out to dry due to zero protection from the back 4
This user liked this post: NewClaret

Ampth7
Been Liked: 228 times
Has Liked: 226 times

Post by Ampth7 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:10 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:04 pm
You can't blame Muric for what happened yesterday. Those 2 centre halfs were like a couple of scared rabbits, caught Ball watching on all the goals and set pieces
Yes, I can, because it’s my opinion! I have also said on numerous previous posts since yesterday that the rest of the team, including the centre backs, were also culpable. Every player got bullied second half yesterday…….in my opinion!

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1980 times

Post by Vino blanco » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:48 pm

A couple of my old mates went to Sheffield yesterday and were two rows back right behind the goal. They told me that both TBH and Beyer had very strong words with Muric about coming out to get the ball from crosses and corners. It can't be good if there is no confidence between a keeper and his centre backs. If there is a problem it needs addressing.

Robbo1882
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by Robbo1882 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:49 pm

I can blame him, for the majority of the goals we concede I feel he can always do better, and he should be replaced at the earliest opportunity.

superdimitri

Post by superdimitri » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:59 pm

Murger wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:08 am
The system is irrelevant when it comes to the keeper catching a ball. That should be a basic qualification of a keeper.
It's a weakness of the game and a weakness of other goalkeepers too. That's why he, and many others choose to punch instead. He makes the wrong decision sometimes coming for balls but at least he is trying to deal with them unlike keepers like Grant who always stuck to their line.

I think people are spoiled by Heaton and Pope but they are forgetting the reason we have Muric is to play out from the back. We are not designed as a team to soak up pressure like we used to. If we are attempting to soak pressure in games that already means we have failed with our objective which is to control the game by keeping the ball.

If we do as others say and get a keeper with a better command of their area then we are not going to get one who can pass as well as Muric and therefore it will be worse for our system.

You have to look at the bigger picture.
This user liked this post: Darnhill Claret

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:04 pm

Robbo1882 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:49 pm
I can blame him, for the majority of the goals we concede I feel he can always do better, and he should be replaced at the earliest opportunity.
Which goals could he do better for yesterday? And the Rotherham and Reading matches? Please explain.

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 540 times
Has Liked: 188 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:13 pm

Ampth7 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:00 pm

However, yesterday he had a mare in my opinion.
Hello. I'd be interested to know which one of the goals he conceded yesterday he could have prevented and how he might have done that?

It seemed to me he made an outstanding save on the final one and the rebound ran to a player that was allowed to freely roam around the Burnley penalty box. Perhaps you think he should have held that one?

Three others were all from about four yards out and another on the edge of the six yard box.

In addition he pulled three more shots out of the net. Here's the extended highlights, have a watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KQuPHweG9k

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:25 pm

The defenders and the goalkeeper were so hesitant in dealing with throws, crosses into the box, so much so it encouraged Sheff Utd to do more of the same, which they did. There is your blame

superdimitri

Post by superdimitri » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:50 pm

Wokingclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:25 pm
The defenders and the goalkeeper were so hesitant in dealing with throws, crosses into the box, so much so it encouraged Sheff Utd to do more of the same, which they did. There is your blame
I don't buy that at all. It's a tactic they employ in every game with Robinson and long throws. They didn't specially develop or do it more against us because Muric or the defence looked shakey and they would have carried on doing it if Muric claimed every ball.

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:09 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:50 pm
I don't buy that at all. It's a tactic they employ in every game with Robinson and long throws. They didn't specially develop or do it more against us because Muric or the defence looked shakey and they would have carried on doing it if Muric claimed every ball.
As the game progressed they increasingly latched on to our weakness and did more to exploit it. Their manager said as much:

"We wanted to play on that even more in the second half in terms of deliveries in the box, which were good."Not only Oli but the centre-backs were good at set plays. It gave us an extra threat which we would have been foolish to ignore."

Healeywoodclaret

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:16 pm

[/quote]

Which is an absolutely marvellous idea if we weren't playing our biggest rivals. If we have a repeat of yesterday, the fans will probably never forgive him.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:23 pm

Healeywoodclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:16 pm
Which is an absolutely marvellous idea if we weren't playing our biggest rivals. If we have a repeat of yesterday, the fans will probably never forgive him.
[/quote]

which says more about us than him

Healeywoodclaret

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:26 pm

Possibly.... But much of the stick we are giving him has to do with the meeting next week.

Fingers crossed the rest will do our boys good next week not having a midweek game.... But big decision for Vinnie over who goes between the sticks.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1801 times

Post by dougcollins » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:48 pm

It'll be a different game next week. They won't have the ball long enough to bombard us.

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:52 pm

Muric is far from perfect but I feel sorry for him with our back 4 in front of him, their great on the ball but defensively limited
These 2 users liked this post: superdimitri NewClaret

superdimitri

Post by superdimitri » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:52 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:09 pm
As the game progressed they increasingly latched on to our weakness and did more to exploit it. Their manager said as much:

"We wanted to play on that even more in the second half in terms of deliveries in the box, which were good."Not only Oli but the centre-backs were good at set plays. It gave us an extra threat which we would have been foolish to ignore."
They play that way every game. Easy for the boss to say it was masterminded after a convincing victory.
As I said already, I don't buy that they tried to play that way more. They always play that way.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:57 pm

I think a back four of Roberts/THB/Beyer/Taylor would instantly strengthen us in defence without changing the team too much.It would also give Muric more confidence. Our current FB's of Vitinho and Maatsen leave themselves open to counter attacks, not helped by Benson and Varourry not tracking back, as per the SD era.It also makes us aerially stronger