The Andrew Tate saga

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

The Andrew Tate saga

Post by Spiral » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:52 am

Has anyone been following what's going on with all this? First thing's first, I apologise. I'd usually always avoid this kind of stuff like the plague — meaningless drama surrounding a rotten internet personality — and yes, I know, so far so uninteresting, but I promise you this is all going to be a movie one day. I'd spare this messageboard all this nonsense any and every other time, but this is honestly surreal enough to be worth commenting on. So, I'll do the best guide I can on everything surrounding this.

Who the fk is Andrew Tate?

British former kickboxer, internet Succubus, presents himself as a life coach for young men, total grifter (sham university/business seminar type nonsense)

Oh...WHY the fk is Andrew Tate?

Good question. Tate became really big on TikTok a while back with his brand of aggressive sexism and misogyny. As far as public figures go he's honestly about as hardcore as you can get in the English-speaking world when it comes to sexism and misogyny.

Why do I care about that?

You probably don't, because you're not a twenty-two year old BOY, and neither do I care, but there are hundreds of thousands (low-millions, perhaps?) of people around the world who hang on to this prick's every utterance and practically god-worship him. He's teaching young men to be as misogynistic as you can be (women shouldn't be allowed to drive cars, that kind of ballpark), a brand of misogyny that wouldn't sound unfamiliar to the Taliban. Walk around shops, you'll hear staff — teenage lads and lads in their early-twenties — talking him up and praising him. (True story). Painting your front fence on a Sunday afternoon back in June? (and this is also a true story) you'll head a group of teenage lads walking past you talking to each other in reverence of Andrew Tate for asserting a man must dominate a woman and "put her in her place", only they aren't saying woman, they're saying bitch, and they're regurgitating his idea if they don't dominate her (codeword for violence) the man is not a man. A few other things: he has incredibly thin skin and has in the past cajoled his army of young followers into doxxing people who criticise him on social media; he has become a frequent pundit on Piers Morgan's talk show; he has gained notoriety and thus wealth by speaking to the prejudices of so-called "incels" (like that bloke who killed six people in Plymouth last year); he holds such beliefs that women older than 25 (forget the exact number he says) are worthless and should be discarded. He radicalises people for profit.

So he's a bad role model for young lads?

Yup

So why have a thread about him?

Because schadenfreude, because cosmic justice, because this is too wild to ignore. Because he's just been arrested for HUMAN TRAFFICKING, and Greta Thunberg...YES, THE GRETA THIUNBERG...played a part in his arrest.

Wait, what? Okay, I'm listening...

Andrew Tate is a monster. The least of his transgressions is that he flaunts wealth gratuitously. And I mean that in the severest sense of the word. He once publicly mocked a parent on twitter, a total stranger to him, who was doing a crowdfunding campaign to pay for treatment for his ill or disabled son (I forget which, my apologies). Tate bragged about how his car (one of many, which he frequently points out to people) costs more than the aforementioned disabled/sick child's treatment. He publicly called this man a failure of a father, and offered to pay the treatment if the father begged him. So as you can see, this man is a bona fide sociopath. And as a reminder, he has a small army of adoring young men who see him as a someone to model their own behaviour on. To them, he's an "alpha male" (Tate uses junk science to make his points, something that impressionable young men lack the experience and wisdom to see through.)

More severely, Tate has been accused of rape. Tate has been accused of people trafficking young women in Romania. He has up until today managed to evade the Romanian authorities.

Wait, are you being serious? An internet troll who appears as a pundit on Piers Morgan's TV show is involved in people trafficking in Romania? Seriously?

Unfortunately, yes, I'm being serious. And he was arrested today.

Good. You mentioned Greta Thunberg?

So Tate was doing his thing, showing off a picture of him filling up his Bugatti on twitter and outright provoking Greta Thunberg (the climate change girl) by pointing out how inefficient his petrol-guzzling supercar is in a tweet sent straight to her, thus attempting to publicly troll the global face of climate change activism. He publicly asks Greta Thunberg for her email address so he can send her pictures of all his supercars, basic troll stuff. So Greta Thunberg responds to him with the fictional email address smalldickenergy@getalife.com, insinuating that Tate overcompensates for his member with his cars. This tweet gets thousands of likes. In response he e goes on a bit of a twitter rampage like all sane, normal people do, but only after waiting 10 hours to work out how to respond to her.

----------Now for the finale, a downfall befitting a Greek tragedy----------

Remember when I said he has incredibly thin skin? He puts up a video ranting about how the only reason her tweet got more likes than his is because of 'bots'. The sounds coming out of his mouth are not worth engaging with, it's just him being him.

BUT....

There's a pizza box visible in the room he's filming the video...

It's from a Romanian pizza place.

He's back in Romania, a country he has in the past said he likes to live in because they take accusations of rape less seriously than they do other countries such as his native Britain (not exactly the words of an innocent man if you ask me), and he might actually be on to something because he always managed to evade the Romanian police, despite being accused of rape and people trafficking. But in his video response to Greta Thunberg he inadvertently reveals to the world where he currently is situated.

The Romanian authorities catch wind of this, and just a few hours ago the police raided the place where he was staying and arrested him (and his brother, Tristin Tate, a not-bald clone of Andrew Tate) on suspicion of rape and organised crime.

_END CREDITS_

Narratively speaking this as a perfect tragedy. It's basically Shakespearean. The petty insecurities of a tragic character causes him to adopt a destructive mindset, which he then puts to work to bring about wealth and fame for himself, and without a care for the harm he brings to others — women, his critics and his 'enemies'. Those very same insecurities which inform his mindset lead him in the final act to a recklessness which sets in motion a chain of events which bring about his own downfall. It's perfect. Who even needs Sophocles?
These 5 users liked this post: Greenmile Vegas Claret Taffy on the wing Big Vinny K Duffer_

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11058 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Re: The Andrew Tate saga

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:40 am

instant karma for the prick

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4263 times

Post by Greenmile » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:48 am

Hopefully we’ll get to find out just how “alpha” he is in a Romanian prison.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:27 am

There's another layer of dramatic irony to all this. Tate was banned from twitter for years. He used other, lesser known platforms to speak his ideas and make his videos, then he'd have an army of young adoring fans clip his content and post in on their own twitter/YouTube, which technically doesn't break those companies' terms of service, and he'd encourage these teenagers and young men to do this for him, and this is how he's get his name around and promote the scams he was running, hence why I called him a Succubus: he needs young men to survive. But he was basically de-platformed by the major social media companies years ago.

This is tangentially related to a few threads on this forum of late. While your Rowlses of this site, and indeed the wider world, were all sniffing glue and bumping their lips in praise of the 'free marketplace of ideas' with Elon Musk's reinstating of the dregs of society back on twitter, while it's obviously nonsensical that a public platform should basically go unmoderated, the dramatic irony in all this is that Tate's account being reinstated gave him enough rope to hang himself. Still would be better if, let's be honest, hate preachers like him were never given such a platform, but still...silver linings.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:55 am

Last thing I shall say for the time being is if you're reading about this man for the first time and you have any teenagers or young adults in your life, kids, grandchildren, nephews, ask them if they know this guy (I guarantee most that age will) in order to prompt them to tell you what they think of him, and if they're even remotely sympathetic to him or his ideas, even remotely apologetic about him, you need to have a word with them because those who are on board with him take him more seriously than you can believe.

But you must understand the pure malignancy of how Tate operates: the hate on which his notoriety is built is smuggled inside a much bigger bundle of generic self-help, like do some exercise, work hard, eat well etc framed in very masculine terms, so to an impressionable lad Tate might be the first person they've ever seen who peels back the curtain on what they ignorantly believe to be 'manhood', and they can't see the generic self help for the trojan horse it is. They "don't agree with everything he says" until they do. One bad interaction with a girl and the lad is scrambling to make sense of it all. Then his mind is cast back the the Tate video he saw a few months back, and all of a sudden the bit he disagreed with doesn't sound quite as disagreeable as it once did.

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 393 times

Post by Cooclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:55 am

The matrix is real. All he said would come to pass, is happening.

CaptJohn
Been Liked: 468 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by CaptJohn » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:56 am

He sounds like a good reason not to follow social media too much. I'd never heard of him until Greta Thunderbog got involved and it made news in the on-line tabloids. She's a despicable piece of work as well so hopefully they'll destroy one another.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:26 am

CaptJohn wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:56 am
He sounds like a good reason not to follow social media too much. I'd never heard of him until Greta Thunderbog got involved and it made news in the on-line tabloids. She's a despicable piece of work as well so hopefully they'll destroy one another.
Ok Boomer
These 5 users liked this post: Cooclaret ŽižkovClaret Greenmile evensteadiereddie simonclaret

CaptJohn
Been Liked: 468 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by CaptJohn » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:33 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:26 am
Ok Boomer
I resemble that remark :D
Happy New Year to you!

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:35 am

CaptJohn wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:33 am
I resemble that remark :D
Happy New Year to you!
And to you, but you'll have to explain why you think Greta Thunberg is somehow what you think she is

I get that she might come across as annoying, but she's right on pretty much everything

Andrew Tate is just a man with a small dick, some weird ideas and clearly is suffering from being kicked in the head too much

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:50 am

I watched one of his videos on Instagram a few weeks ago and he now seems to pop up all the time, I took an immediate dislike to him and had a quick scan through the comments sections, it’s actually a little concerning how many hang on to his words.

I’ve a few mates that buy in to all this nonsense, it’s always funny to debate with them after a few beers, when their FACTS are just some blokes weird opinions

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:56 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:35 am
And to you, but you'll have to explain why you think Greta Thunberg is somehow what you think she is

I get that she might come across as annoying, but she's right on pretty much everything

Andrew Tate is just a man with a small dick, some weird ideas and clearly is suffering from being kicked in the head too much
There’s a lot of science that says Greta at al are wrong about the climate emergency.

There’s a lot of science that says we do need to live more sustainably to ensure we have adequate resources available before we’re able to off world.

There’s no science that backs up Andrew Tate et al. But there is a lot of credibility to his argument about social collapse and the impacts that’ll have on the future generations.

Practical sciences and social sciences don’t always mix well.

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1751 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:11 am

I use social media a lot, but the platform it’s given to some really odd and dangerous characters is pretty frightening.

Anyone with teenagers in the house knows how reliant they all are on it. You can curtail their use of it and try and be a good role model, but bar taking away their phones, they are more likely to exposed to some fairly extreme and unpleasant views than we as parents ever were as children.

Not sure what the answer is, but we’re not headed in a healthy direction.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:25 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:56 am
There’s a lot of science that says Greta at al are wrong about the climate emergency.

There’s a lot of science that says we do need to live more sustainably to ensure we have adequate resources available before we’re able to off world.

There’s no science that backs up Andrew Tate et al But there is a lot of credibility to his argument about social collapse and the impacts that’ll have on the future generations.

Practical sciences and social sciences don’t always mix well.
Is that really what he argues for? Genuine question, as all I can see is the blatant hate and dislike of women et al
Last edited by Zlatan on Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:25 am

I’d no idea who he was but my kids did and they both thought he was knobhead. From what I’ve heard about him today, I’m reassured by their judgment.
These 3 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Awayfromburnley longsidepies

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 295 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:29 am

The guy is a grade A moron.

That said, to imply everything he says is wrong feeds the beast. Even a broken clock is right twice a day and if a teenager hears a typical parent say everything he says is nonsense and then Tate says one thing that is arguably right (ie "we are a broken society") then that feeds the beast (ie teenages rebel and like to disagree with what parents think) . It is our duty as parents to know what our children may watch and debate and educate the rights and wrongs of it.

I personally find his views repugnant and have listened to him on Piers Morgan recently to see what the fuss was about. 99% of what he said was wrong and offensive. Just be careful of that lure of the 1% that draws in relatively rational people.

For all this, for me there is something a bit staged about the pizxa boxes, no one else think that?

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:30 am

Can’t believe folk are trying to “both sides” this story, featuring a misogynist human trafficker, and a young girl trying to bring the dangers of climate change to the world’s attention.
These 2 users liked this post: ŽižkovClaret Stproc

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:32 am

Zlatan wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:25 am
Is that really what he argues for? Genuine question, as all I can see is the blatant hate and dislike of women et al
You’re replying to someone who says “There’s a lot of science that says Greta at al are wrong about the climate emergency.

I suspect the rest of their post can be dismissed as similarly inaccurate (to put it politely).

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 295 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:33 am

Greenmile wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:30 am
Can’t believe folk are trying to “both sides” this story, featuring a misogynist human trafficker, and a young girl trying to bring the dangers of climate change to the world’s attention.
Just to be clear i am not trying to "both sides" him, just rationalising why and how he lures impressionable people in.

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:38 am

Zlatan wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:25 am
I think another poster sums it up well below. There is a large % of fodder. Yet there is a genuine message about social collapse, gender roles are being vilified to the detriment of the family unit. That the media are pushing a feminised agenda that is eroding masculinity.

He has valid points, is challenging the media narrative and like Peterson, Pearl etc is being attacked by the media.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3606 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by jedi_master » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:41 am

I just pray they have something that sticks on this guy, he is reprehensible. The world would definitely be a better place without his 'type' participating in it and spreading hate to impressionable young idiots (whilst grifting them for $50 a month to educate them with his get rich quick/crypto Ponzi schemes of course).

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:43 am

As per usual, as soon as these people step out of their carefully nurtured echo chambers, they get burned. It’s TikTok where he nurtured his brand, and it’s easy just to pull along the people you want with no real outside interaction on there. Musk (of course) gave him his Twitter account back which means he’s now being broadcast to a broader church. Because he’s breathtakingly thick, he thought he could outsmart a highly intelligent climate campaigner, and she’s absolutely annihilated him.

If he had a mere modicum of intelligence, he’d have laughed it off, said well played, and everybody would’ve moved on. But no - because he’s had smoke blown up his arse on TikTok by a fanbase of what I can only imagine are predominately incels, he’s panicked and tried to ‘protect the brand’ and made it a hundred times worse. I’ll give one ounce of credit to Musk - he’s inadvertently held the mirror up to these total morons (including Glinner in that too - ref other thread) and people in the real world see these cranks for who they really are.
Last edited by Swizzlestick on Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:44 am

Poor Tate, being attacked by “the media” when his only crime is *checks notes* human trafficking and rape.

Why can’t they just leave him alone to kidnap and rape women in peace, eh?
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:44 am

Greenmile wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:32 am
You’re replying to someone who says “There’s a lot of science that says Greta at al are wrong about the climate emergency.

I suspect the rest of their post can be dismissed as similarly inaccurate (to put it politely).
There is a lot of science to repute a climate emergency. That’s peer reviewed science. There’s a lot of science to suggest a climate emergency, that’s peer reviews science. Conclusion: there’s no scientific consensus.

I wasn’t presenting my personal views.

There’s global consensus that there is a resource crisis.
This user liked this post: Anonymous Claret

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:50 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:44 am
There is a lot of science to repute a climate emergency. That’s peer reviewed science. There’s a lot of science to suggest a climate emergency, that’s peer reviews science. Conclusion: there’s no scientific consensus.

It all depends on how you define “a lot” and “consensus”

You might think 0.1% of (presumably a large number of) scientists is “a lot”, and that 99.9% doesn’t constitute a consensus. But then again, you also think Tate is being attacked by the media for challenging their narrative. I disagree on both points.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/public-hugel ... ate-change
Last edited by Greenmile on Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: simonclaret

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:51 am

Greenmile wrote:
Poor Tate, being attacked by “the media” when his only crime is *checks notes* human trafficking and rape.

Why can’t they just leave him alone to kidnap and rape women in peace, eh?
You’re presenting things that aren’t true. He hasn’t been charged, yet. He has been hazed by authorities before, without charge.

If there is evidence he will be charged and tried accordingly.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:51 am

Cooclaret wrote:

Yes, and the resource crisis is solved by a much more sustainable type of living, which would stop a climate emergency

Just to confirm, there is a hell of lot more peer reviewed stuff about a climate emergency than there is about there not being one

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1751 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:52 am

Just asked my two if they’ve heard of him. Both think he’s awful thankfully.

I had no idea, but apparently their school devoted a series of lessons to the rise of misogyny on social media and he got several name checks.
These 3 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 Zlatan simonclaret

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:54 am

The blokes a belm and with a bit of luck he gets sent down in some grotty Romanian prison

He's worshippers are also proper belms on social media, I've had a few runs in with them.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:56 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:51 am
You’re presenting things that aren’t true. He hasn’t been charged, yet. He has been hazed by authorities before, without charge.

If there is evidence he will be charged and tried accordingly.
Fair enough. Let’s see, shall we?

Irrespective of his alleged crimes, though, there’s reams of evidence that he’s an insecure horrific misogynist, so he will never have my respect or sympathy.

In the meantime, you can keep riding his tiny d#ck because he agrees with your unscientific opinions on anthropogenic climate change.

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:56 am

Greenmile wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:50 am
It all depends on how you define “a lot” and “consensus”

You might think 0.1% of (presumably a large number of) scientists is “a lot”, and that 99.9% doesn’t constitute a consensus. But then again, you also think Tate is being attacked by the media for challenging their narrative. I disagree on both points.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/public-hugel ... ate-change
3000 sample size in 11 years isn’t exactly huge. You’ll also find funding bias an interesting read.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:56 am

A lot of what he says is a pretty fair assessment of how far society has fallen particularly in the U.K.

Obviously he regularly crosses a line with his comments but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be dismissed. A lot of what he is saying is correct it is leading to the biggest crisis point in the modern world (population collapse).

This will totally dwarf any climate change crisis issues in the long run.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:59 am

It’s also interesting that a lot of the anti-trans lobby - oh sorry, ‘defenders of women’s rights’ - actually support him despite his brazen misogyny. Almost as if they don’t give a **** about women at all. Julia Hartley Brewer the latest in the shitshow parade - who also insulted Thunberg for being autistic before hastily deleting. As somebody opined yesterday, most people would be losing their job for posting such views.

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:59 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Yes, and the resource crisis is solved by a much more sustainable type of living, which would stop a climate emergency

Just to confirm, there is a hell of lot more peer reviewed stuff about a climate emergency than there is about there not being one
The resource emergency isn’t the climate emergency. The two are separate issues.

We’re moving into global politics. Chinas modern colonisation of Africa, control of global debt etc.

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:00 am

Greenmile wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:56 am
Fair enough. Let’s see, shall we?

Irrespective of his alleged crimes, though, there’s reams of evidence that he’s an insecure horrific misogynist, so he will never have my respect or sympathy.

In the meantime, you can keep riding his tiny d#ck because he agrees with your unscientific opinions on anthropogenic climate change.
The second paragraph is uncalled for.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:01 am

agreenwood wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:52 am
Just asked my two if they’ve heard of him. Both think he’s awful thankfully.

I had no idea, but apparently their school devoted a series of lessons to the rise of misogyny on social media and he got several name checks.
Schools have been really proactive with stuff like this and its really good to see

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:01 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:00 am
Very strange paragraph. Should rightly be banned

Both homophobic and offensive.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:02 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:56 am
A lot of what he says is a pretty fair assessment of how far society has fallen particularly in the U.K.

Obviously he regularly crosses a line with his comments but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be dismissed. A lot of what he is saying is correct it is leading to the biggest crisis point in the modern world (population collapse).

This will totally dwarf any climate change crisis issues in the long run.
I’m happy to dismiss all his views. He’s not concerned about anything other than defrauding people vis his brand. And you have to laugh - he’s talking about the fall of society in the UK, while living in bloody Romania, a country with some of the worst poverty, deprivation and racism in Europe.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:02 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:59 am
The resource emergency isn’t the climate emergency. The two are separate issues.

We’re moving into global politics. Chinas modern colonisation of Africa, control of global debt etc.
I didn't say they were

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:04 am

Bloody hell Newcastle, society isn't collapsing in the UK

You only get that point of view if you listen to stuff like Andrew Tate and GB News, and they are also happy to tell you its all the fault of refugees/woke people/anybody but the real culprits

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:05 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:

You say the two are inexplicably linked here.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:05 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:02 am
I’m happy to dismiss all his views. He’s not concerned about anything other than defrauding people vis his brand. And you have to laugh - he’s talking about the fall of society in the UK, while living in bloody Romania, a country with some of the worst poverty, deprivation and racism in Europe.
Tbf Swizzle it sounds like you haven’t seen much of his stuff just the a view edited snippets.

A lot of his stuff is really fair. The majority of his view points are about the benefits of having/being in a family and that western society is breaking up the family unit.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:06 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:00 am
I presume you mean my third paragraph, which was indeed clumsily worded and could come across as homophobic (but was actually a reference to Greta’s tweet). I’m happy to apologise unreservedly for the wording, if not the underlying message.

Replace “riding his d#ck” with “sucking up to him”.

I’ll take any ban that comes my way, as fully deserved.

Apologies again.
This user liked this post: Cooclaret

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:06 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:04 am

You only get that point of view if you listen to stuff like Andrew Tate and GB News, and they are also happy to tell you its all the fault of refugees/woke people/anybody but the real culprits
Depends on your view of what constitutes ‘British society’.

To some it’s a very real issue.

BFCmaj
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 2107 times

Post by BFCmaj » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:07 am

agreenwood wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:11 am
I use social media a lot, but the platform it’s given to some really odd and dangerous characters is pretty frightening.

Anyone with teenagers in the house knows how reliant they all are on it. You can curtail their use of it and try and be a good role model, but bar taking away their phones, they are more likely to exposed to some fairly extreme and unpleasant views than we as parents ever were as children.

Not sure what the answer is, but we’re not headed in a healthy direction.
Thankfully none of my children (two teenage and two younger) are not on social media, but working with children of all ages and seeing what they are exposed to is worrying.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:08 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:04 am

It’s in relation to the rising number of single parent families, people in poverty, children being aborted, hospitals over run etc….

I think there pretty fair comments, the disparity in wealth in this country is just getting wider and wider. As a result the lower end of society is rapidly depreciating.

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:08 am

Greenmile wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:06 am
I presume you mean my third paragraph, which was indeed clumsily worded and could come across as homophobic (but was actually a reference to Greta’s tweet). I’m happy to apologise unreservedly for the wording, if not the underlying message.

Replace “riding his d#ck” with “sucking up to him”.

I’ll take any ban that comes my way, as fully deserved.

Apologies again.
Not seeking any bans pal, just fair and reasonable discussion.

Appreciate the rewording.
These 2 users liked this post: Greenmile Anonymous Claret

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2176 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:10 am

He's in prime position to take over as chief viagra shill now Pele has departed us

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:11 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:05 am
You say the two are inexplicably linked here.
No, I'm saying that the resources crisis can be solved by a sustainable pattern of living, which would also help (possibly even solve) the climate crisis

Global politics like the actions of China in Africa and the Pacific, and India in the Indian Ocean are something a bit different though

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:12 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:06 am
Depends on your view of what constitutes ‘British society’.

To some it’s a very real issue.
Yes, the readers of the Daily Mail, Andrew Tate fans, GB news fans, Tommy Robinson fans etc etc etc

To me, its creaking, but only because the back up that we all rely on from the government is massively underfunded, leading to real issues with health service, police, the roads etc etc