Weghorst to… Man United?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Re: Weghorst to… Man United?

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:08 am

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:54 pm
Why would Man City legend VK help utd out with a loan
Because if Weghorst goes to OT and bags a few it's likely to help Burnley get a decent fee for him should we decide to sell in the summer.

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 540 times
Has Liked: 188 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:09 am

Wood hasn’t been playing in a struggling team since he left TM and judging from the one he skied yesterday he looks a 3/5 goal season EPL striker since he left Burnley

I still think that Wout might find the EPL still a bit too quick for him and the keepers way better than the Turkish league. However if he plays for Man Utd he will have way more chances laid on a plate for him so it might work for him.

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:10 am

Latest comments coming from the Besiktas end. Fair to assume that Man U will be sweetening the deal for us and Besiktas.

Ceyhun Kazancı, Besiktas’ sporting director, said: “I don’t understand why Weghorst said goodbye to the fans, why he made such a move. He is our football player right now. Our contract expires at the end of the season.

“If Manchester United or any other team wants Wegnorst, they will meet with Burnley anyway. Burnley will then contact us and discuss the terms of separation. If we accept, the contract will be terminated. Otherwise, it will go on until the end of the season. He can’t just go. There will have to be a reward for us to approve the separation. I’ll give an example. Burnley told us, ‘We made a deal with this team for Weghorst. We give you half of the transfer fee.’ This may be a different condition. Then we’ll sit down and talk.”

Besiktas are expected to meet with Weghorst’s agent today.

In a further Sunday morning update, Fanatik suggest an agreement between Burnley and Besiktas is approaching, with the Championship club paying the Turkish side to make it happen.

Weghorst is also said to have told Besiktas president Ahmet Nur Çebi that he wants to complete the transfer
This user liked this post: RVclaret

Flying Without Ings
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by Flying Without Ings » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:16 am

Duffer_ wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:10 am
Latest comments coming from the Besiktas end. Fair to assume that Man U will be sweetening the deal for us and Besiktas.

Ceyhun Kazancı, Besiktas’ sporting director, said: “I don’t understand why Weghorst said goodbye to the fans, why he made such a move. He is our football player right now. Our contract expires at the end of the season.

“If Manchester United or any other team wants Wegnorst, they will meet with Burnley anyway. Burnley will then contact us and discuss the terms of separation. If we accept, the contract will be terminated. Otherwise, it will go on until the end of the season. He can’t just go. There will have to be a reward for us to approve the separation. I’ll give an example. Burnley told us, ‘We made a deal with this team for Weghorst. We give you half of the transfer fee.’ This may be a different condition. Then we’ll sit down and talk.”

In a further Sunday morning update, Fanatik suggest an agreement between Burnley and Besiktas is approaching, with the Championship club paying the Turkish side to make it happen.

Weghorst is also said to have told Besiktas president Ahmet Nur Çebi that he wants to complete the transfer
Sounds like it could get messy. If only we had inserted a call back clause like Southampton did with Tella!

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:19 am

Don't think it will get messy at all

Besiktas will tell us what they want, we will tell that to United, United will pay us it, we'll pay Besiktas that and then we'll loan him to United

They won't want an unhappy player on loan that definitely won't sign for them afterwards if they do this will they?

They will make money out of it, so will we, and United get their man

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 892 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:21 am

The Turks are living in dreamsville if they think we’d give them half of Weghorst’s transfer fee to call him back early. He’s our player and there’s no way he’ll want to continue playing for them if Man United want him.

Smacks of arrogance and delusion on their part.
This user liked this post: Flying Without Ings

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:39 am

At the bottom of this it says that we will compensate them the full loan fee, just hope it's worthwhile for us.

https://www.fanatik.com.tr/bursaspor-ku ... di-2316283

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:41 am

BurnleyFC wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:21 am
The Turks are living in dreamsville if they think we’d give them half of Weghorst’s transfer fee to call him back early. He’s our player and there’s no way he’ll want to continue playing for them if Man United want him.

Smacks of arrogance and delusion on their part.
I think they mean loan fee.

UTD might pay 3m for 6 months and they want 1m of it. Would probably be his wages that the contract covers.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 702 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:57 am

I'm one of only a few who thought that his time at Burnley was a success.
If Man Utd do sign him, I would expect him to be a success there ( off the bench )
He would contribute far more to an attacking Man Utd team than he would to a defensive Burnley team.
Whichever way it turns out , I am mightily impressed with A Pace in finding him in the first place.
This user liked this post: bobinho

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2326 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:02 am

Nonayforever wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:57 am
There’s obviously a good player in there but to suggest his time at Burnley was a success might be pushing it a little 😂
I thought it was a disaster, and that’s not all on his shoulders by any stretch, sometimes these things happen, the top premier league clubs have a few every season

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1762 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:12 am

At the end of the day, there has to be some benefit to us.

We aren’t going to spend hours renegotiating a deal that was done last summer to the benefit of Manchester United & Weghorst.

If we don’t come out of this financially better off, I don’t see the point.
These 4 users liked this post: Clarets4me BurnleyFC Silkyskills1 Guller Bull

eastcoastclaret
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by eastcoastclaret » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:24 am

It was only a few months ago Besiktas were suggesting they could get the agreed fee reduced at the end of the season. Now they want compensation.

As others have said, they are not in that strong a position and will need to do a deal or have an unhappy player on their hands.

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 540 times
Has Liked: 188 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:27 am

To sum up the situation, it looks like Weghorst can’t go anywhere without Burnley and Besiktas agreeing to the terms of any deal with a third party.

So this time Wout is not calling the shots although it looks like he is trying to force the issue with his post goal celebration antics and via his agent linking up with Man United.

Alan should play hard ball hold out for a sale and cut the Turks in if necessary. We need to get Wout off our books.

Duffer_

Post by Duffer_ » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:42 am

ClaretLoup wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:27 am
To sum up the situation, it looks like Weghorst can’t go anywhere without Burnley and Besiktas agreeing to the terms of any deal with a third party.

So this time Wout is not calling the shots although it looks like he is trying to force the issue with his post goal celebration antics and via his agent linking up with Man United.

Alan should play hard ball hold out for a sale and cut the Turks in if necessary. We need to get Wout off our books.
Only problem with that is...Man U don't want him on a perm. They have other options if we overplay our hand. Best we can hope for is more money from the loan fee and WW to play well. We then have the option to play him next season, or sell at a higher price on the back of him having proven his ability to hack it in the PL.
These 3 users liked this post: frankinwales Clarets4me bobinho

bobinho
Been Liked: 4108 times
Has Liked: 6591 times

Post by bobinho » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:03 am

We absolutely do NOT need to get Wout off our books.
If VK doesn’t see a role for him, then a season loan in a team he can flourish in, makes absolute sense to me. Getting a hatful for manure gets him noticed, and makes it easier for us to sell him for a decent fee.

Personally, I’d love to see him up front for us.
These 2 users liked this post: Paul Waine AGENT_CLARET

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 3837 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:22 am

Duffer_ wrote:

If that’s true, it’s bad business for us to agree to loans with no recall option, whilst loaning players who do.

The ultimate parent club should always have final say on a players future in my opinion, albeit potentially restricted to certain scenarios and maybe “another loan” shouldn’t be one of them.

The prospect that and fee is halved with a team who clearly had no intention of paying the buy out option (see previous comments) is galling to say the least.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:25 am

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:04 pm
It was one of the worst misses I've seen from a Claret in over 60 years of watching them. It would.only be great defending if the attacker.had done everything he could to.score.
Over exaggeration of the year. If you've been watching for over 60 years then maybe you remember the open net that Akinbiyi rolled wide infront of the beehole end.
This user liked this post: bobinho

AshevilleNCClaret
Been Liked: 196 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by AshevilleNCClaret » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:47 am

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:22 am
If that’s true, it’s bad business for us to agree to loans with no recall option, whilst loaning players who do.

The ultimate parent club should always have final say on a players future in my opinion, albeit potentially restricted to certain scenarios and maybe “another loan” shouldn’t be one of them.

The prospect that and fee is halved with a team who clearly had no intention of paying the buy out option (see previous comments) is galling to say the least.
I don’t believe we had many suitors for WW and took maybe the only deal on the table, and we didn’t have any bargaining chips. Honestly WW is a besiktas problem now. If anyone scuppers the deal, it will be them, and they will have the unhappy player to deal with.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 584 times

Post by jojomk1 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:57 am

So what loan would you fancy from Utd as part of the deal
Jones or Maguire ?
I'll go for McTominay
This user liked this post: Guller Bull

Duffer_

Post by Duffer_ » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:59 am

AshevilleNCClaret wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:47 am
I don’t believe we had many suitors for WW and took maybe the only deal on the table, and we didn’t have any bargaining chips. Honestly WW is a besiktas problem now. If anyone scuppers the deal, it will be them, and they will have the unhappy player to deal with.
If we didn't have any bargaining chips, that was a situation largely of our own making (see link below). However, I recognise we can't rectify all of our mistakes now, we've got to do the best deal we can in the circumstances. I agree with your sentiment re. it being a Besiktas problem...but only for the rest of the season. If WW falls out with Besiktas and downs tools, it is us that has a serious problem in terms of a significantly devalued asset.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 0#p1990134

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:01 pm

jojomk1 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:57 am
So what loan would you fancy from Utd as part of the deal
Jones or Maguire ?
I'll go for McTominay
There would be absolutely no chance of McTominay on multiple levels.

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 610 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:07 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:25 am
Over exaggeration of the year. If you've been watching for over 60 years then maybe you remember the open net that Akinbiyi rolled wide infront of the beehole end.
Yeah, I didn’t see yesterdays game but just the week before Jay Rod missed a bigger sitter vs Swansea

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:23 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:41 pm
It wasn't though was it?

I get that he should have scored, absolutely no doubt, but "worst misses in sixty years of watching"?

Not a chance
I still think that was a good block by Mings. Yes, he should’ve scored, but we praise Tarkowski/Mee when they pulled off similar blocks so you have to credit the other way round.

Either way, it was no where near as bad as Cornets miss at Norwich. Or his appalling penalty at West Ham for that matter.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1508 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:26 pm

The block by Mings was incredible. Actually think WW connects with the ball well too. There have been far worse misses over the years.
These 2 users liked this post: IanMcL NewClaret

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8743 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:28 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:19 am
Don't think it will get messy at all

Besiktas will tell us what they want, we will tell that to United, United will pay us it, we'll pay Besiktas that and then we'll loan him to United

They won't want an unhappy player on loan that definitely won't sign for them afterwards if they do this will they?

They will make money out of it, so will we, and United get their man
...and Den Haag will be a happy bunny, which will save MU millions in the transfer market.

claretinkorea
Been Liked: 63 times
Has Liked: 70 times

Post by claretinkorea » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:30 pm

I suppose you mean ten Hag, as opposed to the seat of government in The Netherlands.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:38 pm

AshevilleNCClaret wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:47 am
I agree we probably weren’t best placed to drive a hard bargain, but just on principle feel you should always retain control of players you own.

The thought of Besiktas now profiting off any move now is annoying… but imagine if JRod & Barnsey were out with long term injuries and we were being held to ransom on strikers we wanted to sign? Or WW had bagged 10 at the WC and was the hottest property in world football that we were unable to leverage?

All a bit immaterial to debate now but seems strange to me, esp when we seem to have agreed recalls with the players we’ve loaned.

It’ll work it’s way out though, I’m sure, and you’re right it’s more their problem than ours. Best we can do is make it look like we’re trying our best to make it happen and then hopefully get a motivated player back in summer if United don’t make it perm (unlikely, I think).

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1801 times

Post by dougcollins » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:14 pm

Nonayforever wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:57 am
If Man Utd do sign him, I would expect him to be a success there ( off the bench )
He would contribute far more to an attacking Man Utd team than he would to a defensive Burnley team.
Whichever way it turns out , I am mightily impressed with A Pace in finding him in the first place.
if he'd stuck away a couple of the straightforward chances that came his way - that would have probably kept us up - then his time with us could have been considered a success.

Ironically, going down was probably the best thing that could have happened to us.

steve1264b
Been Liked: 160 times

Post by steve1264b » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:17 pm

How are Besiktas profiting?

They will have paid for a season loan, if we approach them to cancel that contract they are entitled to a refund.

Presumably we have agreed a loan fee with Utd.

If Besiktas want a silly number then either the player or Utd would have to make up the difference.

Its win win for us. The player moves back to the north west and if he goes well he will be marketable if it doesnt the idea of playing for us might not be that unattractive.

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 668 times
Has Liked: 2055 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:22 pm

boyyanno wrote:
In the context of the game and season it was a massive miss.

Anyway, maybe we should thank him. Relegation has proved to be a blessing in disguise thus far.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Clovius Boofus
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 171 times

Post by Clovius Boofus » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:23 pm

A bit of a none-story here about last season regarding his confidence being viewed arrogance.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... mates.html

Mattster
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by Mattster » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:54 pm

Duffer_ wrote:

Besiktas and Kazanci are clowns. As someone has already pointed out it was less than a month ago he was banging on about how the player's will was all that mattered and they'd get him for less than the agreed buy option if they wanted him. Now the agreement is sacrosanct.

Win win for Burnley, if Besiktas p**s about then Weghorst will down tools but we'll still get what was agreed in terms of loan fee and wages. I don't buy into his value going down if he downs tools at Besiktas, his form there until now plus World Cup headlines will keep his value into summer - clubs will understand a player getting the hump being denied a move to United by a farmers league loan club.

If he goes United it's more money in the coffers than we budgeted for. United won't care if they can't get him, they'll just move down the list.

Besiktas will either lose the player but get a small amount of compensation to make up for it or they'll effectively lose the player but be paying for him anyway if they get too greedy.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1698 times
Has Liked: 2535 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:16 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Seems to have stirred up emotions ........ and imaginations. Vaguely remember Akinbiyi's miss but that one from Weghorst will never be vague. Very, very costly and yes, ONE.of the worst I've witnessed. Comparing Rodrigues' miss last week at Swansea is laughable.
This user liked this post: JohnDearyMe

equinox
Been Liked: 224 times
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by equinox » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:39 pm

Jay's miss against Arsenal a few years ago was a bad one.

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:04 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:16 pm
Seems to have stirred up emotions ........ and imaginations. Vaguely remember Akinbiyi's miss but that one from Weghorst will never be vague. Very, very costly and yes, ONE.of the worst I've witnessed. Comparing Rodrigues' miss last week at Swansea is laughable.
The definition of miss is to fail to hit the target. Weghorst didn't fail to hit the target, the defender made a block (and imo a fantastic one at that). If that ranks as one of the worst misses you've ever seen then you can't have watched much football.
This user liked this post: thomaspaine

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:06 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:16 pm
Weghorst didn’t miss, his shot was on target, but saved. We have had several bigger “misses” this season already.

Do people seriously think that either Jay or Barnes are better practitioners of dropping into midfield to break the press? FFS Barnes has only just learned to stay on his feet, and yesterday was the first I’ve seen him play how Jay actually plays. This is Weghorst’s standard game. He is also, as a Burnley player, a successful forward in the World Cup for Holland, not some down-ranked country….. and Man Utd want him

I despair at some of the thinking on here sometimes. Some of you would make great pitchfork-laden village peasants chasing after Beast (and I don’t mean Brian Jensen). If they ever remake the movie they should do so in Saddleworth so you lot can apply as extras
Last edited by NRC on Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:06 pm

JohnDearyMe wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:22 pm
In the context of the game and season it was a massive miss.

Anyway, maybe we should thank him. Relegation has proved to be a blessing in disguise thus far.
Disagree with this completely. People want to blame Weghorst for not keeping us up, lets be honest our season last year didn't hinge on one shot that didn't go in, to suggest so is nonsense. Wood missed a shed load early on that season but it never gets mentioned...

equinox
Been Liked: 224 times
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by equinox » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:14 pm

....Collins' handball

FulledgeClaret
Been Liked: 132 times
Has Liked: 84 times

Post by FulledgeClaret » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:15 pm

Is WW a poor player no not by a long way, did WW look poor for us yes because he was played in a way which was not in his wheelhouse and didnt suit him. Blaming WW for us being relegated is ridiculous bar a few 45 minutes here and there we were poor all season, can we also blame Orsic for not signing for us on our relegation thats just as daft as blaming WW.

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 430 times
Has Liked: 4571 times

Post by MT03ALG » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:16 pm

4midable wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:03 pm
Hes comin back to burnley
Heard it hear first
Hear Hear / Here Here :lol: :lol:

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2352 times
Has Liked: 3183 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:55 pm

Clovius Boofus wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:23 pm
A bit of a none-story here about last season regarding his confidence being viewed arrogance.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... mates.html
DM sub-headings: Reports suggest that Weghorst clashed with Burnley teammates last season - Some ex-colleagues viewed Weghorst's confidence in his abilities as arrogance

That was last season, when WW joined a team in relegation places in January. Netherlands are characterised as "direct" - it's a person's role to critique others around him etc etc etc. This season the club has got a whole new set up, including a Belgian manager and several players from Belgium league. All these new guys will be familiar with people from Netherlands, it won't strike them as arrogance. Who knows, Vincent Kompany may also have an "arrogant" approach.

If Vincent Kompany feels that Wout Weghorst will be an asset to his team we will all welcome him back with open arms.

It will be great if WW gets a move to Old Trafford for the second half of this season.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1698 times
Has Liked: 2535 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:59 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:06 pm
Disagree with this completely. People want to blame Weghorst for not keeping us up, lets be honest our season last year didn't hinge on one shot that didn't go in, to suggest so is nonsense. Wood missed a shed load early on that season but it never gets mentioned...
Agree totally but which of Wood's misses and Weghorst's do you remember best?

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3166 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:01 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:06 pm
Absolutely correct.

How about Cornet's penalty? Cornet and McNeil missing absolute sitters. But none of that relegated us, we went down because we were sh!te.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

jojomk1
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 584 times

Post by jojomk1 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:21 pm

As others have suggested
If Utd think he could do a job for them, can't see why we don't give him a try, especially with this new team and formation/philosophy
Doubt VK will have seen much of him in action
We know he had a big spat with Roberts - are the players making it known they would rather he wasn't at the Turf

Guller Bull
Been Liked: 797 times
Has Liked: 1017 times

Post by Guller Bull » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:49 pm

As many have said we don't owe Weghorst, Besiktas or United anything. Let him finish his loan. Sell him in summer to whoever wants him. I'm not sure how long he has on his contract with us but we should at least get our money back if not more.

Might be a decent player but he isn't going to play for us again in my opinion. don't think it will be the worst business we have ever done.

No need to scramble to United's call or be trying to broker a release from a stubborn Turkish "giant" - He is our player and we determine what happens surely?

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:05 pm

he wont play for Man Utd then come back to us, if folks were mistaking his confidence for arrogance before hand..........

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:04 am

I'd not read anywhere about it being a permanent move......
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-01-08 6.04.03 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-08 6.04.03 PM.png (765.63 KiB) Viewed 1423 times

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 3192 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:15 am

I don't see him fitting in with our current group.......he's all about Wout!

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:51 am

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:59 pm
Agree totally but which of Wood's misses and Weghorst's do you remember best?
Woods as there were a hell of a lot more

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:12 am

Wood missed an absolute sitter against Wolves in the 89th minute but then scored a great penalty in the 91st to make it 1-1.

Nothing will beat Ian Moore at Preston though for that howler.