Unhappy Claret who has Nobody

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KRBFC
Been Liked: 3809 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Re: Unhappy Claret who has Nobody

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:23 am

Andingle wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:43 pm
You've taken the first step with the opening post Mick , take the help as you're not alone 🤝
Absolutely this, the first step to recovery is being brave enough to speak out and admit you’re not ok. That to many is the hardest part, please reach out to someone Mick, people do care.

RMutt
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:25 am

Stick in there Mick. People are thinking about you.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2258 times
Has Liked: 2172 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:56 am

Echoing all the sentiments made by others ITT

Mick - you’ve made the first step by reaching out on here and that in and of itself is to be admired and congratulated.

You have more to offer this world, more laughs to have and more memories to be made.

Bless you Mick, I hope you’re feeling better soon and you continue to post on here.

All the best Mick - we’re all rooting for you
These 2 users liked this post: DCWat KRBFC

Kindly Eric
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Kindly Eric » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:45 am

Mick this is very distressing to read. I’m in London. If you want to meet up tomorrow just post here and I and I’m sure a few others will arrange it. I haven’t met you to my knowledge but know that your post has resonated and we do care. Keep going.

claretdj
Been Liked: 287 times
Has Liked: 175 times

Post by claretdj » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:08 am

Mick please, I know you feel in a really bad & in a dark place, but please reach out & talk pal. People do care & can help you, but only if you ask for help. A few down south clarets have reached out to you on this post, so either reach out to them or get in touch with andys man club, mind or the samaritans please. No matter how bad it feels, there is always light pal if you just reach out.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by superdimitri » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:17 am

I remember a few on here asking after you when you didn't post for a while Mick. You're a likeable guy. Don't give up. Meet up with some Clarets fans. No matter what happens in our lives BFC is a constant.

St Austell Claret
Been Liked: 22 times
Has Liked: 401 times

Post by St Austell Claret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:58 am

Mick, please get in touch mate we can work though this together. Things might feel bad however together we can get things better. You have asked for help which is the hardest part, so get in touch and together we can make it alright I am sure.

turfytopper
Been Liked: 409 times
Has Liked: 3432 times

Post by turfytopper » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:32 am

I'm only in Crawley....there are a number of Clarets this way.

Contact me through this motorcycling website www.howlbikers.org

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:45 am

Misk,

Im origianlly from Weybridge and my brother lives in Ascot, not far from you, if you ever fancy going to a away game down south let us know and we will sort it out for you to come with us. I know Walton very well. Its a nice place to live and the peole are also very nice. Get yourself down to the riverside today and take yourself for a walk and try and clear your head. You will also be familiar with Desborough Island. Thats a nice wak as well.

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:05 am

Mick. See how many people care even though they haven’t met you? You’ve taken a very big step towards feeling better by opening up on here. Please take another little step by talking to someone. The Samaritans - please call them just to talk to someone. You will feel better. Next little step is to see your doctor They can advise on the best way forward for you which may include medication to help with possible depression or sleep depravation. No need to think beyond that step yet. If you’ve already seen a doctor, then see a different one. You will feel better

ClaretInLeeds
Been Liked: 299 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by ClaretInLeeds » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:39 am

Is there any update on Mick? I’m seriously hoping someone managed to get hold of him - been a long night worrying about him.

Suratclaret
Been Liked: 333 times
Has Liked: 788 times

Post by Suratclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:45 am

You’ve taken the first step by sharing your feelings on this board. Don’t underestimate what a big step that was.
Don’t hesitate to contact the Samaritans…they are brilliant. A number of years ago, I was in a very dark place indeed and out of desperation I rang the Samaritans and I’ve never regretted it one bit.
Please, please talk to them.

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:50 am

Another shout out for Andy’s Man Club. A place where you can unload and also connect to others experiencing lows. Together problems don’t seem as bad and over the weeks of going I’ve made a whole new set of friends.

They meet weekly on Mondays at 7pm all across the country. Walking through the door can be a bit daunting but it is a really welcoming set up.

SPC&G
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by SPC&G » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:02 am

Good Morning Mick. I sincerely hope your feeling a bit better today and that those 5+ pints haven’t left you too rough?
I hope you can read through the messages on this thread and see how much support and practical advice the is for you. Honestly pal I really hope you can continue to reach out because there is support out there.
Please belive too that there on many people wishing you all the best right now. Please let us know how your feeling today? We are here and with you

Robbie_painter
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Robbie_painter » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:08 am

Don’t do anything daft mick things have a way of sorting themselves out.Happy to give you my number if you ever want a chat pal.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5091 times
Has Liked: 6907 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:13 am

Hope you are OK Mick, get strength from the support shown to you on here, if you can now start to look forward not back and consider moving back to the loving embrace of Burnley. First and foremost please take up the kind offers of help and advice given

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 994 times

Post by MrTopTier » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:23 am

Mick hope you’re reading this and seeing the wonderful responses.
Well done for reaching out and to those that have responded hats off to you all. Truly heartwarming.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:28 am

Mick, you're the first person I thought about this morning. How are you?

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:40 am

Another rooting for you Mick. Keep talking and keep on keeping on.

dibraidio
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by dibraidio » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:45 am

As others have said, please get in touch with someone, you're not alone, there are plenty of people out there in the same boat which is why there are so many groups starting to give people the opportunity to connect, to talk and to get help.

My sister is in Woking, she has a very good friend who is a therapist and helps people deal with unresolved trauma. The problem for a lot of people is that they get events that stay in the part of their brain which is for recent events and they struggle to put them behind them. He might be able to help you to move on and relieve the burden of the past. I can pass on his contact details if you're interested. The reason I mention it is because you're not condemned to feel this way forever, you can move on but you might need help to do it. Please reach out Mick.
This user liked this post: TheOriginalLongsider

AJM191
Been Liked: 12 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by AJM191 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:12 am

Mick, I hope your reading the messages and seeing the love. There is always someone willing to listen bud, many have reached out on hear. Please do use the support.

I'm a fellow Claret a long way from home in Berkshire and not far from you. Nobody should feel alone and I am here should you want my support. I'm not in any way medical but I can listen and make a half decent cuppa.

I will keep watching out on this feed and if you want to take me up on it I will add my email for you. Never feel alone bud, I know your pain but we are here to support.
This user liked this post: Jellybean

Norfolk Claret
Been Liked: 15 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Post by Norfolk Claret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:16 am

Mick, Please reach out to the amazing people who have responded. I work in Portsmouth, a friend of mine works near Guildford/Woking. We’re both military and have had an insight and training into working with people who may have depression. We’re both down in our work locations Mon - Thurs. Please, Please get in touch with someone. Stay strong and God bless you.
These 2 users liked this post: AJM191 Jellybean

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2352 times
Has Liked: 3183 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:28 am

Hi Mick, hope you are feeling better this morning. I guess you will know the Xcel Hub in Walton. There are walking football sessions at the Xcel Hub almost every morning of the week. Some of these sessions are run by Chelsea Community Foundation, some by Fulham, some by other organisations. I get down there at least once a month, several of the players know me as the guy who supports Burnley and wears a Burnley shirt (when not wearing a team kit). Both Chelsea and Fulham say they run walking football sessions because there are a lot of older people, both men and women, who are on their own. The exercise is good for all of us - and lifts the spirits as well. Both men and women play in mixed teams. A couple of weeks ago I was playing in a team with a player who has two England caps, over 50s and over 60s - and she's hoping for another over 60s cap soon. Walking football is for all abilities (and none). Almost all of us have one challenge or another; there's one guy who can only play on one wing, he's lost the sight in one eye with high blood pressure, players with parkinson's disease, lots of scars from new knees, lots rattling around with cardiovascular medicines. Ok, some of the guys are good footballers, one in the England mens over 70s walking football team. The Surrey FA's walking football referee has recently been announced as one of the refs for the Walking Football World Cup, to be played at St George's in August. Two or three months back the Chelsea Foundation took a team up to a tournament in Newcastle. I understand Burnley also had a team there.

Hope to see you sometime down at Walton. I'm sure I'll hear quickly if another Burnley fan has turned up there.

UTC

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:41 am

ClaretInLeeds wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:39 am
Is there any update on Mick? I’m seriously hoping someone managed to get hold of him - been a long night worrying about him.
I got a call around midnight from a Surrey Officer who was at Mick’s HA, but Mick wasn’t there. The officer seemed to think Mick may be in Great Yarmouth.

Mick- if you’re reading, hope you’re ok, and reach out if you can.
This user liked this post: Tricky Trevor

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2035 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:44 am

Wishing you all the best Mick. Sometimes life does everything it can to test us and some of us get tested a lot more than most. However, you have your health, you support the best club in the world and you have fellow clarets to lean on as your brothers and sisters. You are absolutely not alone.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 12499 times

Post by Leisure » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:45 am

Come on Mick, please let us know that you're ok. We're all rooting for you!

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:47 am

Come on Mick, come and say Good morning

ClaretInLeeds
Been Liked: 299 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by ClaretInLeeds » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:58 am

TsarBomba wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:41 am
I got a call around midnight from a Surrey Officer who was at Mick’s HA, but Mick wasn’t there. The officer seemed to think Mick may be in Great Yarmouth.

Mick - a lot of people are worried about you. Please speak up and let us know you’re ok.
This user liked this post: DCWat

chadders
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by chadders » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:05 am

Hi Mick,
Have been going through similar difficulties. Recently lost my home, lost thousands and lots of personal sentimental items. Keep going. As my pals have told me 'it too will pass' Sounds bloomin' flippant as it doesn't feel that why when you're in it and when it hurts so much. Distractions, walking, nature and the Clarets help.
Always here if you feel you need. Lots of very sound advice on here.
Take care pal
utc

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5174 times

Post by Rowls » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:14 am

Hi Mick
I'm just another of the people who wants to wish you the best. In one respect we're just usernames posting on a semi-anonymous platform but behind all these usernames is a human being, much like yourself.
We're all doing our best to navigate our lives and I hope you've found some company or somebody to speak to. There's always something we can do today that will make tomorrow better for ourselves.
Take care and please let us know how you're doing today.
Paul

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2473 times
Has Liked: 2010 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:18 am

TsarBomba wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:41 am

Thanks for caring enough to get involved TB. Just need Mick to come back on and put so many minds at rest.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:29 am

Mick, when the dust settles & you feel good & ready just pop back on please as you have done in the past & just let folk know you are ok. Hope all is well.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:34 am

Mick- I like others here have dealt with serious loneliness and depression too. When you're in the middle of it it can feel like it's not going to get better, but it always can. Nothing's over til it's over.
The fact you're able to share your feelings and experiences so openly & in full is a sign of your strength- I couldn't talk about my own experiences like that on here. Hope you log on soon. Hang in there.

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:38 am

These sort of posts are the worst. Hope you are well.

Woody9229
Been Liked: 68 times
Has Liked: 166 times

Post by Woody9229 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:53 am

Morning Mick. Another concerned Claret hoping to hear from you some time today.

ArmchairDetective
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 374 times

Post by ArmchairDetective » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:04 am

This thread has made me realise how much other people too have relied on being a Burnley supporter during darker times if their lives.

Mick, when you're a Claret such as yourself, either near or far, there is always a group of fellow Clarets that are on your side. There's a lot of people on here that are hoping you're okay, and are just glad you had the courage to reach out and start this thread last night.

Clive 1960
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 198 times

Post by Clive 1960 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:08 am

chadders wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:05 am
Hi Mick,
Have been going through similar difficulties. Recently lost my home, lost thousands and lots of personal sentimental items. Keep going. As my pals have told me 'it too will pass' Sounds bloomin' flippant as it doesn't feel that why when you're in it and when it hurts so much. Distractions, walking, nature and the Clarets help.
Always here if you feel you need. Lots of very sound advice on here.
Take care pal
utc
Same here mate it's not nice i just had to get away from the town i love to find a new life and was lucky i got my life back together after being wrongfully accused of assault and taken into custody by my ex . I live abroad now after finding happiness but it took it's toll at the time but it made me stronger and positive. 👍

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3193 times
Has Liked: 1873 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:10 am

;) bThis thread has shown that even though you feel alone, there are people out there wanting to listen.

Please reach out to somebody Mick, there is always somebody somewhere wanting to listen no matter how lonely you think you are

4:20
Been Liked: 1066 times
Has Liked: 1192 times

Post by 4:20 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:22 am

Good morning, Mick. It's difficult to find the right words to express but I'm just here to say there's a heck of a lot of people on here who are open and considerate to what's going on. If posting on here is a release for you, keep doing it, you'll always get responses, always have an outlet for discussion. Only empathy, advice and positive mental attitude. Sincerely, all the best, Mick.

Claretnick
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 191 times

Post by Claretnick » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:58 am

Hello Mick, please just say a quick hi and let us all know that you are okay this Sunday morning.

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4843 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:00 pm

Hi Mick,

We’re all still here.

Hope you’re okay

John

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 530 times

Post by Jamesy » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:10 pm

Hi Mick, if you come back on here or are reading this just look at the fellow clarets reaching out to you. You are not on your own mate. Please accept some of the offers of help.
I remember years ago when my ex wife had an affair and I ended up on my own for a while away from my young children. I like you couldn’t see a way out, but got there in the end. You can get there with the right support.
Just come back on for now and let people know you are still alive.

Robbo1882
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by Robbo1882 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:13 pm

Hi Mick

Please reach out and say hello, you’re the first thing I thought of this morning, please just drop a message to let us know you are OK.

jos
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Post by jos » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:28 pm

Hi Mick,

Unfortunately lots of people go through tough times, but luckily there’s always folk willing to help. Please continue to reach out.

ClaretsPadiham
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by ClaretsPadiham » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:30 pm

Come on Mick let us know your ok mate.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18282 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:14 pm

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:12 pm
Hi Clarets everywhere, well where do I start, as some of you will most probably remember a few years ago about 6 to be precise, my now ex wife destroyed my life with lies and false accusations to the police, not one word was true what she said I had done to her resulted in a NFA from the CPS, yet here I am and contemplate doing away with myself, iv had No relationship since she destroyed my life, we are now divorced, as that went through on the 1st of March this year, I am away from my nice flat at present, but my life is bad, no mum or dad, I'm retired but nobody to talk to or say I love you at night before going to bed, I am such a lonely man, no family, if I hear sad or love songs the tears come and I just want to end it, I live in Surrey now, I gave up everything to be with Tracey including my love of Burnley fc, I am so unhappy, I need somebody to love and talk to, but cannot get her out of my mind after all these years, I only want her, but I can't and that's the hurt inside of me, despite everything that she did to me, I still love my ex wife, if I could come home to Burnley then at least I could support the team iv watched for over 55 yrs, I'm so unhappy, I have no hobbies and interests, but I feel soon I will be calling it a day, thanks for reading this, advise is good but it's the inner feeling and it's destroying me inside, my love for Tracey won't die, so I have to do something about my life. I have no children myself, and she has stopped me seeing my grandaughter for no reason, who does that to a good man, my grandaughter will be six on the 4th of August and iv never seen her because of my ex wife's so called revenge on a good man, then you wonder why I want to end it.... Nothing to live for, nobody else to talk to, what a s#it life, I have everything except the one thing I really want and that's my wife, I'm so unhappy, I think iv said enough, I wish you all well, and hope the coming season is like last season up the clarets.
Please let us know you are OK Mick and acknowledge the many people who are thinking of you at this time 🙄

Alanstevensonsgloves
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by Alanstevensonsgloves » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:17 pm

Hi Mick, like you I found life getting too much for me and sought medical help which is really helping. I never attended any but Andy's Man Club would have been my next step had I not recovered (albeit i am still taking medication). Your nearest one is : WOKING
The Vyne Centre for the Community, Broadway, Knaphill, Woking GU21 2SP - every Monday at 7pm
www.andysmanclub.co.uk
I am down in Surrey every fortnight to see my daughter. Happy to come down a day earlier or later and meet up.
lancasterdarren@hotmail.com

Let's us know you are safe and well mate 🙏
These 2 users liked this post: Clive 1960 Jellybean

Dawlishclaret
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 502 times

Post by Dawlishclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:36 pm

Hi Mick, lots of great advice from the posts. If you don't feel up to actually talking to someone on the phone or meeting face to face, the Samaritans have webchat operating most evenings - go to samaritans.org after 6pm. You will also see details of a self help app on the site which is really worth using.

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:41 pm

Obviously concerned for Mick, but it’s really heartwarming to see all the offers of help. There’s a lot of good people out there.

Hope Mick is OK!

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:45 pm

I’m not sure whether you can see this information or not but Mick logged off immediately after posting last night at 10:20. He could be viewing without logging in but he has definitely not logged in since.

I’ve done what I can do with the limited info I have which is basically just the email address he registered with.

As shocking as this thread is, it’s also shown what wonderful people we have on this board who have offered their support.

I Just hope Mick is ok and if he’s reading this, please just post to at least let us know you are ok.
These 16 users liked this post: Burnleyareback2 DCWat CoolClaret Jellybean Dawlishclaret longsidepies DAVETHEVICAR jedi_master FeedTheArf Jamesy wilks_bfc RHansburyEsq Bosscat whiffa Clive 1960 mybloodisclaret