Unhappy Claret who has Nobody

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: Unhappy Claret who has Nobody

Post by Bfc » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:22 pm

Mick, you've said you may be coming up for the Aston Villa match. If you haven't got a ticket for the game, let me know via this thread and I will give you one.
These 4 users liked this post: warksclaret Bosscat COBBLE oswyclaret

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 169 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:36 pm

There are many reasons not to follow a message board due to the negativity spouted around nowadays.

However, if there is one good reason why it can be so useful, this thread proves it once more.

Good luck to you Mick, well done to all you clarets and well done to CT for his tremendous work
These 2 users liked this post: aclaretinstevenage longsidepies

PWBFC
Been Liked: 139 times
Has Liked: 59 times

Post by PWBFC » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:39 pm

Mick, if you fancy watching the City game with a fellow Claret in a pub in Woking, let me know.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:41 pm

So pleased to see you posting today, Mick.

It’s fantastic to hear that you’re feeling better today. What I would say, if I may, is that I think it would be well worth looking at obtaining some longer term support.

You’ve said that you have been in a similar state of mind before, which suggests that although any help that you’ve previously had may have provided a short term fix, it’s not got to the root cause of the problem.

Seeing someone, over a period of time, who can provide the necessary help and support that you need could really help you in the longer term. You have years of life, health and happiness ahead of you - do everything you can to make the most of it.

What an amazing place this can be when we all come together!!

Massivefloodlights
Been Liked: 16 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Massivefloodlights » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:05 pm

So happy to learn that Mick is doing better today! It’s lovely news and great to see all the messages of support.

And without your post Mick, I would not have found out about Andy’s Man Club being in Burnley, so you letting people know how you feel on this board has helped me out too, and I imagine others! So thank you :)

aclaretinstevenage
Been Liked: 302 times
Has Liked: 733 times

Post by aclaretinstevenage » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:05 pm

Great to see that Mick has posted and is still with us.

At times this place is unbearable with a few posters constantly bickering about not very much BUT! at times a thread like this comes along and the whole UTC family unite as one.

Mick as you can see there are many offers of help from fellow Clarets, there are also some great suggestions for where you might find proper help with your Mental Health. Good luck to you I sincerely hope you get over this episode quickly. Enjoy yhe Villa game.

Special well done to Tsarbomba and CT for your efforts with Mick's cause.

UTC

SPC&G
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by SPC&G » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:05 pm

Thanks for posting Mick. I’m both pleased and relieved to read that your ok,ish. As someone said earlier in the thread. Keep on keeping on. Much respect to Tony and Tsar Bomber and to everyone who responded to Mick.
All the best Mick. I hope you can get som help/support and move onwards and upwards.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:10 pm

Mick - just take 1 day at a time I know it sounds like a tired cliche but it does help & stops the engulfment we can all experience at times, you got through yesterday to make today & you can do that again to make tomorrow, there are only 2 days in the year that nothing can be done, one is called yesterday & the other is called tomorrow.

expoultryboy
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 477 times

Post by expoultryboy » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:34 pm

Great to see you post today Mick and i can assure you from personal experience , time can be a great healer . So glad you're coming up for the Villa game and hopefully you'll meet so of the fellow clarets on this board and make some friends for life . Special thumbs up to tsarbomba and CT .

BurnleyMickSouth
Been Liked: 287 times

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:56 pm

Once again thanks to all my fellow clarets that have made me rethink a lot of things this past 24hrs, some offers I hope to take up and meet fellow clarets at the Villa game, but I have to try and do things myself, so thank you to everyone who has just helped me get through this past 24hrs, it's the not being able to talk to a wife or partner that eats away at you, until you decide to end it all, without your help I would not be here now, and also thank you Norfolk Police as they deserve a mention unlike Surrey Police, I don't want this thread to go on for 5 or 6 pages so I want to Finnish it now, hope to post again before the Villa match, THANKS TO YOU ALL, and Claret Tony as well.
These 13 users liked this post: Bosscat expoultryboy Tricky Trevor PhiladelphiaChris Rowls DCWat ICL longsidepies Stalbansclaret Mayoclaret beeholeclaret Bob Lorder burnleymik

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4843 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:05 pm

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:56 pm
Once again thanks to all my fellow clarets that have made me rethink a lot of things this past 24hrs, some offers I hope to take up and meet fellow clarets at the Villa game, but I have to try and do things myself, so thank you to everyone who has just helped me get through this past 24hrs, it's the not being able to talk to a wife or partner that eats away at you, until you decide to end it all, without your help I would not be here now, and also thank you Norfolk Police as they deserve a mention unlike Surrey Police, I don't want this thread to go on for 5 or 6 pages so I want to Finnish it now, hope to post again before the Villa match, THANKS TO YOU ALL, and Claret Tony as well.
Hi again,
At the very least, Mick, why not pop back here daily and just check-in? Even if you’re having just a tiny wobble, it might be helpful to talk on here. You could start a new thread. We know who to look out for. We care! Hope your day is going ok today.

jjclaret
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by jjclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:08 pm

Hi Mick, I have followed all the post and re this one:

by PWBFC » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:39 pm
"Mick, if you fancy watching the City game with a fellow Claret in a pub in Woking, let me know."

Take him up on his offer, or better still join me at Turf Moor for the City game and we can sit together in the Bob Lord Stand.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:10 pm

Well done Mick.

Keep coming back, we need you. Clarets forever!

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:11 pm

Mick you will know that this thing comes in waves. You have no comfort blanket apparently, so whether this thread goes to another two or 102 pages we are your comfort blanket for now. So please please keep a hold on here morning and night until the Man C or Villa game or until you have some other comfort blanket to help. From your original post the way out of this will be a bumpy tortuous road and some help is always going to be on here for you.

DanH90
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by DanH90 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:26 pm

Keep posting on here Mick.
I know it’s a cliche, but they say a problem shared is a problem halved. Well with all the support you can see on here, I think we can provide a lot of help to make those problems seem a little more manageable!

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8743 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:58 pm

Good to see Mick has posted.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1508 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:11 am

Keep on keeping on, Mick. Life can give you a right kick in the balls sometimes but sunshine is often around the corner. Always keep talking - you will find a listening ear. Try and knock the booze on the head if you can. At least for a short while. It can accentuate a lot of the negative issues. Take a long walk, whatever the weather - never underestimate what fresh air can do for the soul. I also find music to be a real help, just stick your favourite artists on in the background. Deep breaths, onward we go.
This user liked this post: Jellybean

Clive 1960
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 198 times

Post by Clive 1960 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:15 am

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:56 pm
Hi Mick, I'm glad you have made contact and are feeling a little better, this is where your journey starts with people's help where you can talk and take it day by day you will get there just try and stay positive and focus on things . From a friend who has been through what you are going through. UTC 👍

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:46 am

This messageboard is awesome sometimes
Mick, get yourself back up north mate.
You don't need to feel alone with all of these people on your side

gtclaret
Been Liked: 339 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by gtclaret » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:31 am

I live in Surrey,can l help

longside72
Been Liked: 184 times
Has Liked: 224 times

Post by longside72 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:55 pm

Now we know mick is feeling better, if anyone else is struggling or knows someone that might be, Casual Minds Matter have a drop in centre Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm where you can call in for a chat and a brew, a mens group on wednesdays 6pm - 7:30pm and also have mixed group sessions on friday afternoons 1pm - 4pm covering different subjects each week.
Tel 01282 222290
email ; contact@casualmindsmatter.com
website; casualmindsmatter.com

Casual Minds Matter CIC
St. James House
St. James Row
Burnley
BB11 1DR

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:12 pm

Hi Everybody, as you can see i am still here, but i want to say a big thank you to ALL CLARETS everywhere for trying to help me get over my demons,all the help iv been advised by you all has overwhelmed me, it has brought a lump to my throat and tears in my eyes, if anyone else has been feeling like me then please read the posts that have been sent to me, help is out there, we are all clarets at heart, but here is me preaching to other men & women who see no light at the end of the long tunnel ahead, i will do my best to seek the help i need, so if anyone needs help just come and get help and advise from this fantastic board, which without Claret Tony we would not have, i will try & post as much as i can but i want to say thanks to ALL of you again. ps i dont drink at all, smoke, or do drugs, but when you retire a big hole opens and you fall in to it with your memories, Tracey if your out there, and somebody knows your son Richard who supports Arsenal then i want you to know that i still love you lots, and miss you very much, sorry if im going off track, but i needed to say or type how i feel now, best wishes to you all, from Mick.
These 15 users liked this post: Rowls lakedistrictclaret JanetM Bosscat longsidepies Leisure Tricky Trevor DAVETHEVICAR ArmchairDetective Dawlishclaret lesxdp Caballo warksclaret burnleymik leelad

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:34 pm

Mick, thanks for logging in and just talking.

Never apologise for ‘going off track’

You say what needs saying to get you through each day at the moment.

See you tomorrow!!!
This user liked this post: Tricky Trevor

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 2002 times
Has Liked: 1149 times

Post by FCBurnley » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:19 pm

Great job Mick. Anytime you need help or just need to get stuff off your chest just think UTC. It’s a site that has people from all over the world and all walks of life all with one common denominator. Burnley FC

You are part of this amazing family so whatever you want to say or write we want to read. We will all try to understand and help if we can

All the best

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:24 pm

To paraphrase Come Dancing
Mick KEEEEP POSTING, ON HERE PLEASE

jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by jtv » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:47 pm

I have followed this saga with interest from afar, and am really pleased that Mick has had so many encouraging replies and that he is hopefully working his way out of his tunnel. May I suggest that the name of the thread be changed to Unhappy Claret who has Loads of Friends and Well-wishers?

Keep it up Mick and a big well done to CT and all who have helped Mick in his time of need. Instances like this make me even more proud to be a Claret

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:45 pm

I will HAPPILY change the thread title but only if Mick is comfortable with that. Nice idea.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 547 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:51 pm

Mick you’re a warrior for just coming on this board and opening up. This alone will help not only yourself but many many others. Stay strong and stay vocal .

NorthIsCool
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by NorthIsCool » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:00 pm

How about:-
Unhappy Claret who has Loads of Friends and he didn't know he has

Minimoog
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by Minimoog » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:17 pm

Great to see you posting Mick......
Had my own problems so I understand how you maybe feeling..
To open up to fellow clarets was a courageous thing to do and took some guts..
Keep safe pal......UTC.

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:44 am

Hello Mick 👋

SussexDon1inIreland
Been Liked: 1277 times
Has Liked: 8528 times

Post by SussexDon1inIreland » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:03 pm

Hi Mick

Another Claret who wishes you all the best.

who is your favourite ever Burnley Player?

UTC
Mike

Kingsleyclaret
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by Kingsleyclaret » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:40 pm

Hi Mick

I volunteer with Lifeline, the Australian equivalent of the Samaritans. Lots of people on this thread have talked about reaching out to talk to someone which is great advice. One thing that we always say, is reach out no matter what, doesn’t matter how big or small you may think the issue is and as many times as you need. It really doesn’t matter if you ring 10 times, 20 times a day. If that’s what you need in the moment, they will always be there, never judge and always listen.
This user liked this post: Tricky Trevor

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18286 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:54 pm

roperclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:32 pm
Hi Mick, I’m in Cambridge so if you are passing through on Wednesday and just want to meet up for a coffee/beer and a chat, please let me know.
Hi Roper just bumping this for you ... Burnleymicksouth is asking for you on a new thread ...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70844#p2140366

roperclaret
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by roperclaret » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:52 pm

For anyone who hasn’t seen the FAO roperclaret thread. Mick took me up on my offer and we met up today for a coffee and had a good chat. Pleased to share he is definitely coming up for the Villa game!
These 2 users liked this post: Jamesy DCWat

bodge
Been Liked: 729 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Post by bodge » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:54 pm

Absolutely brilliant that roperclaret, top man !

Hope Mick is starting to be in a better place.

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by Jamesy » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:48 pm

roperclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:52 pm
For anyone who hasn’t seen the FAO roperclaret thread. Mick took me up on my offer and we met up today for a coffee and had a good chat. Pleased to share he is definitely coming up for the Villa game!
Excellent news pal. He is probably very aware now that we are all rooting for him but please pass on my best wishes to him.

Jellybean
Been Liked: 164 times
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Jellybean » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:06 pm

Roper it was so kind of you to meet Mick, and also nice one Mick for reaching out.. Sounds like you've had a great chin wag which I think does you the world of good
I think Mick is going to have an army of people meeting him for the Villa game, so proud of our claret family.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:17 pm

roperclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:52 pm
I must echo Bodge’s sentiments, top man roperclaret.

Really pleased to read this.

roperclaret
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by roperclaret » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:08 pm

Thanks for the nice comments. But honestly, it’s always nice to get together with a fellow Claret whilst exiled. It was a pleasure.
These 3 users liked this post: Clive 1960 KateR SalisburyClaret

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1404 times

Post by Aclaret » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:36 pm

Hello Mick, just replying to your comments on the FAO Roper Claret Thread.
First of all, I'm no expert at guidance or counselling, I can only say what happened to me.
I'm 64, I was married for 26 years, happily I thought to a girl I met in my late teens and we had 3 great children, all girls.
I guess she fell out of love with me, she had a affair with this bloke and she left me, I was devastated but like you with Tracey I still loved her and would have taken her back in an instant.
There's no easy way to say this Mick but you have to move on, there's someone out there for you who needs your love. I met a lady with a lovely family & remarried almost 20 years ago. I'm wishing you all the best Mick.
This user liked this post: clitheroeclaret3

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:54 am

TO ACLARET,
Thanks for what you have sent me, yes it takes some getting over but for you as well,however you met the right lady at the right time, 20 years would put you in your 40s, now i assume your in your 60s, i am happy for you that you met someone else, but for me things are a lot differant, yes i would take Tracey back in an instant but she has chosen to go down a differant road, i will always be here should she want to come back to me, we might be divorced but im not dead, (yet) sometimes the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence, i live in hope that someone, a nice lady will want a 67 yr old man for her and my later years,to share things like i used to do with Tracey, we will wait n see, thanks for your message.
This user liked this post: Aclaret

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:05 pm

Hi Mick. How are you?

Penwortham_Claret
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by Penwortham_Claret » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:19 pm

Are you up for the City game Mick?

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:42 pm

To all my Claret friends and the support that you have given me, thank you for over 190 replys regarding my mental health, I have now seen the doctor and will be getting counciling soon, I am unable to come to Burnley tonight but like iv mentioned I Will be coming up for the Villa game I have 4 nights booked in Blackpool in a nice hotel, will travel across for the game maybe by train and will be in the 110 before the match, thanks again to all my Claret friends on here, without your help I would not be here, also special thanks to RoperClaret for meeting me on my way back from Yarmouth, so that's the update on the way that I am at this moment in time, tonight's score I think will be 2-2, I am in Claretburns prediction team scores, I finished 6th in the prem table, anyway hope you are all well and healthy, UTC.
These 13 users liked this post: NewClaret Roosterbooster longsidepies PhiladelphiaChris leelad Aclaret ClaretInLeeds Tribesmen Mayoclaret jedi_master roperclaret mkmel Oakworth claret

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1404 times

Post by Aclaret » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:55 pm

Good to hear from you Mick, all the best....and UTC.

leelad
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by leelad » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:58 pm

Good to hear this Mick. Have only picked up on this thread just now. Hopefully the football tonight and the fact that we are back in the premier league again gives not just you a lift, but everyone else on this message board. The start of the football season will certainly give me a boost come 8pm. Also, take each day at a time, hope the counselling goes well for you. Best wishes. UTC.

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:00 pm

Thanks for checking in, Mick. Best wishes. Enjoy the game

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1698 times
Has Liked: 2535 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:04 pm

This has become a great thread. Hope you are doing better, Mick. Talking to people, engaging in activities, having a plan are all good ways to set about your day. You're a Claret, Mick, part.of a big family that tries to.look after each other despite the bickering on here at times. Keep safe and look forward to your visit up here in a few weeks.

midsummersday
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by midsummersday » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:17 pm

What a super lot these claret fans are,so happy to try and help a struggling fellow fan,who is really in a dark place at present.
I to have just lost my dearest darling wife after 56 years of happiness in her company.....the past 12 weeks have been the worst time of my life.
However reading all those kind supporting letters offering you hope and friendship from burnley supporters has lifted my spirits too,i have been a claret
all my life and very proud to be one,great to see all the messages of hope offered to you,we are clarets and we all wish you a return to better times
soon.......we are a special club with special supporters,and you are one of us,so chin up lad so much help is there in you hour of need