ARTICLE: New deal for Zaroury

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4263 times

Re: ARTICLE: New deal for Zaroury

Post by Greenmile » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:30 pm

Conroy92 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:53 pm
Bump
Fair play (presuming AZ is fit to play).

I’d still give him a run of games, but recognise VK knows more about our squad than I do.

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4036 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:04 pm

Would love to see Annas and Benson playing more.

Though Kolesho has been excellent on the left, perhaps he could come on in replacement for Kolesho when he has tired the full backs out.

Hope Benson is fit soon, even if it is only for his 30-40 mins blasts, if games are close would give a real lift to the crowd to bring Annas and Benson on.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:48 am

Vino blanco wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:05 pm
"Zaroury could benefit from a season on loan"....I've read some nonsense on here but that ranks alongside "Benson is like a dog with a balloon" comment as absolute stupidity.
Looks like you're the one with egg on your face alongside a few others. Strange I don't see you forming a queue to admit you were wrong.

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:49 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:48 pm
Aye, ok mate.
Aye okay pal ;)

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:52 am

Giving Zaroury a big new deal with no intention of playing him looks a little like giving Dyche a big new deal and sacking him a few months later.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:55 am

No idea when Zaroury went missing last season I thought he was consistently one of the better players in the side.

Sad to see he hasn't been able to kick on this season not least because the mantra of the project is to develop players. A few from last season seem not to have been given the chance.

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by bumba » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:41 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:48 am
Looks like you're the one with egg on your face alongside a few others. Strange I don't see you forming a queue to admit you were wrong.
Why do people have egg on their face? Zaroury is still the best left winger at the club, we don't know why the manager isn't picking him or giving him a run but I haven't seen a winger yet perform any better than I'd expect Zaroury too

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:47 pm

bumba wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:41 pm
Why do people have egg on their face? Zaroury is still the best left winger at the club, we don't know why the manager isn't picking him or giving him a run but I haven't seen a winger yet perform any better than I'd expect Zaroury too
They've got egg on the face for ridiculing that other poster who said that maybe Zaroury should go out on loan as he may struggle for game time over players like Tresor, Odebert, Koleosho and the other wingers we were rumoured to sign.

That's proven to be the case.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:55 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:47 pm
They've got egg on the face for ridiculing that other poster who said that maybe Zaroury should go out on loan as he may struggle for game time over players like Tresor, Odebert, Koleosho and the other wingers we were rumoured to sign.

That's proven to be the case.
I'd say VK has been proven to have egg on his face.
Zaroury should be given a run of games over any of the players you named.

Conroy92
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Conroy92 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:01 pm

bumba wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:41 pm
My suggestion that Zaroury should go out on loan, based on his need to toughen up along with the profile of signings we were looking at and have subsequently signed, at this stage looks like it could have been beneficial. I think the egg comes from a couple of these posters suggesting it was the most ludicrous comment going. Unfortunately some of the comments showcased the poorer side of this board, people offering no real relevant discussion just attempting to mock someone else's opinion. There were only a couple who took this stance, vino Blanco, arise sir charge, staying down forever. Not sure if there were any others really but ye I would say a few have some greasy chins about now.

I don't agree with your opinion that Zaroury is the best left winger at the club. But can respect it. Personally I feel he does need to add a little more strength to his game for this division to make up for his lack of pace. Technically he's superb. What's clear is he won't develop without playing and also needs game time.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:14 pm

Conroy92 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:01 pm
My suggestion that Zaroury should go out on loan, based on his need to toughen up along with the profile of signings we were looking at and have subsequently signed, at this stage looks like it could have been beneficial. I think the egg comes from a couple of these posters suggesting it was the most ludicrous comment going. Unfortunately some of the comments showcased the poorer side of this board, people offering no real relevant discussion just attempting to mock someone else's opinion. There were only a couple who took this stance, vino Blanco, arise sir charge, staying down forever. Not sure if there were any others really but ye I would say a few have some greasy chins about now.

I don't agree with your opinion that Zaroury is the best left winger at the club. But can respect it. Personally I feel he does need to add a little more strength to his game for this division to make up for his lack of pace. Technically he's superb. What's clear is he won't develop without playing and also needs game time.
A loan would of been sensible by the club or even cashing in on him after the season he had if we had no intention of using him, I just don't understand how he hasn't had more minutes though when the wingers have been awful so far.
Koleosho shows glimpses but he has no end product and isn't consistent for 45 minutes let alone 90 or a few games in a row IMO he should be used as a sub for more impact.
Odabert hasn't impressed me at all yet.
JBL probably looked the best of the wingers but gets less minutes than the rest.
Redmond has struggled but not given much opportunity.
Tresor has really disappointed me, he shouldn't even be on the bench at the moment.
Benson been unlucky with injuries.
JBG is a great player but he really shouldn't be on our wing this season.

With a run of games I think Zaroury would be a big asset to us at the moment

Conroy92
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Conroy92 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:16 pm

Vino blanco wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:05 pm
"Zaroury could benefit from a season on loan"....I've read some nonsense on here but that ranks alongside "Benson is like a dog with a balloon" comment as absolute stupidity.
Bump. :lol: :lol: :lol: