Health Update & Silver from the 70s..

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
BurnleyMickSouth
Been Liked: 287 times

Health Update & Silver from the 70s..

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:00 pm

Hello fellow Clarets,
first of all let me give you a rundown on how my mental health is going, i am and feel a lot better than a few months ago, i have picked myself up and done my best to carry on regardless of how i felt, the amount of support i got was unbelievable from you all, i listened to what you all said, and got on with my life, that all those months ago i wanted to end in Gt Yarmouth, depression is a killer, and its lethal if you live on your own, like i do, you tend to get things blown out of proportion, small thoughts become massive problems, flash backs are the worst especially if you had great times with a loved one (my ex wife) im not fully over it all, each night im on my own i have a lot of time to think and thats when the flashbacks happen, you always wonder why with what happened to me happened but it did, false allegations are bad but very bad for your health & mental state if they are a pack of lies & i know that as a fact, regarding myself i am getting there i know, now things have got better & help is out there if you need it,

So on to the brighter side of things, i have treated myself to a nice beautiful car, its, 12 yrs old with only 38,000 miles on the clock, 1.9 diesel turbo Sport Cabriolet, glass top its nothing fancy but she wont be taking me for everything iv got, not like someone i am now divorced from, anyway i just wanted to say thanks again and i will be attending the Sheff Utd game in a couple of weeks also thanks to Roper Claret for the chat we had on my way home from Yarmouth, without this board n help i would not be here, i still have no woman in my life, i may be 67 but im not dead (yet) pardon the pun :roll: ps if some on here think i hate my ex wife nothing could be further from the truth, i seek no retribution against her, i just hope what she did to me comes around for her whenever that may be,

Now i change the subject, way back in my 20s i purchased a 24 inch solid silver necklace, along with a 7 inch wrist solid silver bracelet, both have solid silver hallmarks i have just found them in a drawer and had forgotten about them, they are in immaculate condition no scratches on either piece they are over 45yrs old can anyone tell me what they are worth today, because i have no idea, not sure if i want to sell because they are so old & have sentimental value to me if you get my drift, Cats Whiskers, Angels Nightclub etc those were the good old days, well they were for me :lol: :lol: :lol:
These 12 users liked this post: Leisure DCWat Rowls Mayoclaret cricketfield73 Tricky Trevor bfcjg Stalbansclaret Lip Rick_Muller yosserhughes Clive 1960

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Re: Health Update & Silver from the 70s..

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:03 pm

I can’t help you on any valuations but I can say well done to you for reaching where you are today. And a well done too of course for those who helped you.
This user liked this post: cricketfield73

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18286 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:07 pm

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:00 pm
Hello fellow Clarets,
first of all let me give you a rundown on how my mental health is going, i am and feel a lot better than a few months ago, i have picked myself up and done my best to carry on regardless of how i felt, the amount of support i got was unbelievable from you all, i listened to what you all said, and got on with my life, that all those months ago i wanted to end in Gt Yarmouth, depression is a killer, and its lethal if you live on your own, like i do, you tend to get things blown out of proportion, small thoughts become massive problems, flash backs are the worst especially if you had great times with a loved one (my ex wife) im not fully over it all, each night im on my own i have a lot of time to think and thats when the flashbacks happen, you always wonder why with what happened to me happened but it did, false allegations are bad but very bad for your health & mental state if they are a pack of lies & i know that as a fact, regarding myself i am getting there i know, now things have got better & help is out there if you need it,

So on to the brighter side of things, i have treated myself to a nice beautiful car, its, 12 yrs old with only 38,000 miles on the clock, 1.9 diesel turbo Sport Cabriolet, glass top its nothing fancy but she wont be taking me for everything iv got, not like someone i am now divorced from, anyway i just wanted to say thanks again and i will be attending the Sheff Utd game in a couple of weeks also thanks to Roper Claret for the chat we had on my way home from Yarmouth, without this board n help i would not be here, i still have no woman in my life, i may be 67 but im not dead (yet) pardon the pun :roll: ps if some on here think i hate my ex wife nothing could be further from the truth, i seek no retribution against her, i just hope what she did to me comes around for her whenever that may be,

Now i change the subject, way back in my 20s i purchased a 24 inch solid silver necklace, along with a 7 inch wrist solid silver bracelet, both have solid silver hallmarks i have just found them in a drawer and had forgotten about them, they are in immaculate condition no scratches on either piece they are over 45yrs old can anyone tell me what they are worth today, because i have no idea, not sure if i want to sell because they are so old & have sentimental value to me if you get my drift, Cats Whiskers, Angels Nightclub etc those were the good old days, well they were for me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good to see you Mick 👍🙂

I wouldn't have a clue about your Silver ... but if you weigh it and have a look at the silver price online it should give you its value in Silver Content ... But like you say sentimental value and memories are priceless...

Again good to see your name back on here ... enjoy your Car buddy 🙂
This user liked this post: cricketfield73

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:10 pm

Thank You Tony, and without you god knows where this board would be.....UTC.

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:13 pm

Thanks Bosscat, i intend to enjoy my fresh car when i come up for the Sheff Utd Game.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Tonto
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by Tonto » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:29 pm

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Hello fellow Clarets,

Great to hear about your wellbeing Mick and sounds like you're getting there ,been through similar in the mid 90s and thankfully got through a horrible time in my life ,good luck with everything in the future,utc

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 521 times

Post by beddie » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:56 pm

Just to add as others have mentioned Mick it’s great to hear from you and to know you’re doing well. The car sounds great too.
A lot of jewellers on the high street will value your silver, it might be worth trying a few just to get an idea, again as mentioned perhaps try on- line first. Take care fellow claret.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5174 times

Post by Rowls » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:14 pm

Just a quick note to say it's good to hear an update from you, Mick.

KBO and keep looking after yourself.

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2984 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:54 pm

Brilliant to read your update Mick. Enjoy the new motor …. it sounds a beaut . I’d take your items to a reputable jeweller for a valuation as others have said.

chadders
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by chadders » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:07 pm

Good to hear ya Mick! :)

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:11 pm

Nice one Nick. I know how difficult it is to handle depression. I’ve got to the point where whenever it happens I recognise it as an illness and not anything I’ve done or had done to me. Wishing you peace !

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2035 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:41 am

Good to hear from you Mick and to hear you doing so well. Keep it up my friend!

In terms of silver value, I recently sold a silver chain (not sure of width but it's average and 20 inches long) and if memory serves me right, it was valued at £55. Not sure if that helps mind as i had someone else sell it for me and i could have have been fleeced! :lol:

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:31 am

Hi Foshiznik, thanks for the info re price, i think i will hold on to my chains, £55 is not much but thanks again.

Clive 1960
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 198 times

Post by Clive 1960 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:30 am

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Hello fellow Clarets,

Hi Mick, really glad you are getting better and the support on here shows people care about you , just take each day as it comes and you will be stronger in the long run.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 2002 times
Has Liked: 1149 times

Post by FCBurnley » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:02 pm

Hi Mick. Glad to hear you are much better. Just a quick favor. Could you please pass some of your positivity to our football team. We all need a win or two asap. Keep up the good work UTC