Sacking Kompany

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1188 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Re: Sacking Kompany

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:18 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:11 pm
You’re assuming that we keep these players for 2 more years.

I doubt many of them will want to come down to the championship. the promising ones will no doubt leave (as they did last time, anyone decent left).

The reality is going down will be starting again, the “project” is a complete myth because it depends on staying in the premier league. We are clearly not going to.

In relation to your comment about the investors, there is no way they will happily accept relegation as you suggest. They could have thrown 10m at it this summer and gone down, they will be devastated they have ****** so much money up the wall and will get relegated.

For what’s it’s worth I personally think Sheffield is VKs make or break game. Lose that and he has to be gone
Think it could be heckingbottoms as well VK isn’t the only 1 that’ll need a positive result.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1165 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:18 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:11 pm
You’re assuming that we keep these players for 2 more years.

I doubt many of them will want to come down to the championship. the promising ones will no doubt leave (as they did last time, anyone decent left).

The reality is going down will be starting again, the “project” is a complete myth because it depends on staying in the premier league. We are clearly not going to.

In relation to your comment about the investors, there is no way they will happily accept relegation as you suggest. They could have thrown 10m at it this summer and gone down, they will be devastated they have ****** so much money up the wall and will get relegated.

For what’s it’s worth I personally think Sheffield is VKs make or break game. Lose that and he has to be gone
If we go down and all the promising players leave, won't it be because we get money in return for them? It's not clear how your post makes sense unless we sell players at a loss

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1576 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:23 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:18 pm
If we go down and all the promising players leave, won't it be because we get money in return for them? It's not clear how your post makes sense unless we sell players at a loss
Did we make a profit on Weghorst?

Players will move on either via loan or be sold to help raise money. If anyone thinks this squad will be coming down there extremely naive.

Even if we do manage to scrape a profit from a few they will still need to be replaced and the cycle starts again. Thats why the project is a myth. It solely depends on prem football
This user liked this post: Quicknick

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2264 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:27 pm

Holtyclaret wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:18 pm
We have invested in the academy, levelling up the quality of incomings. Takes time for them to come through hence why we’ve bought your Ramseys, Traffords,! odoberts, koleoshos, aad, Massengo zarourys, etc…

We don’t want to be biggest spenders, we want to develop from young and create superstars rather than buy them ready made. We’ll never afford that (without dodgy billionaires).

Ten years ago we were a corner shop contesting a Sainsbury’s mega store. A prehistoric set up of a club, commercially naive, insular and not looking at the global market. That’s being addressed now in multiple ways. That’s how we’ll compete in the future on a more even keel than before.

The group of minor (worldwide) investors has brought in over £100m (roughly 20 x £7m).

Huge changes going on at the club and the current plight is just a tiny step along that journey.
Haven't had investment to the academy to the degree that say, the Traff/Odobert/Trésor signing fees would have provided though have we?

Ten years ago, we decided to build a training ground that is the reason we can do what we can now - we also spent within our means and systemically built balanced squads and sold players only if a good offer came in. It wasn't the sole aim... That approach and the success we had is literally the only reason we can even begin to do what we are doing now.

Some of the stuff that gets thrown at the previous regime and gets excused of the current is strange to me in all honesty. Going down in this manner is doing absolutely zilch for our 'global reach'.

I dislike a lot in that we're doing, standing down scouts tieing recruitment up with the manager's own firm, leveraging the club on player signings in the hope of turning a profit and I dislike how we have so little experience in english football throughout the boardroom.

Investors also want a return on their investment - it isn't club created revenue.

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:28 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:23 pm

Players will move on either via loan or be sold to help raise money. If anyone thinks this squad will be coming down there extremely naive.

Even if we do manage to scrape a profit from a few they will still need to be replaced and the cycle starts again. Thats why the project is a myth. It solely depends on prem football
Weghorst was a very unique situation as he's a very bad footballer but we had agreed to let him go if we went down. Think it was a situation caused by Pace signing players Dyche didn't want.

If you think any of these players want to or will be loaned to Turkey next summer you're dreaming.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3118 times
Has Liked: 3841 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:30 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:17 pm
Luton make a complete mockery of that last sentence.

A decent manager keeps this team up no problem.
Luton have developed a style and squad to suit that style.

There’s simply no way we have the players now to adapt to some 30-odd % possession, defend for your life, 3 shots on target (Luton today), Dycheball.

Not knocking it. It served us well. But that era for us is over and I for one don’t want to go back even if it means we can’t compete at this level again.

You seem obsessed with staying up. I’m not so bothered. It’s really not the end of football if we go down. Arguably it’s better. No VAR, more wins than we’ll ever get in this league, decent, authentic football.

I think you’re right that our best players would go, so you’re acknowledging here we do have some PL quality players - just not enough in my opinion - but even keeping the others (Odobert, Ramsay, Masssengo, JBL, etc) we’ll be miles stronger than last time.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:32 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:28 pm
Weghorst was a very unique situation as he's a very bad footballer but we had agreed to let him go if we went down. Think it was a situation caused by Pace signing players Dyche didn't want.

If you think any of these players want to or will be loaned to Turkey next summer you're dreaming.
You think that’s a unique situation? Do you honestly think these lads have come to Burnley for anything other than a pay rise and to play prem football?

Dave you need to take the claret tinted specs off. They will be gone this summer.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:32 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:23 pm

Not in a cat in hells chance the squad will be retained. As far as I can see apart from a odd 1 or 2 the value might marginally increase if the improvement trajectory remains the same the rest go at a loss or optimistically break even & that’s being generous, apart from koleosho given his age & the ability to influence impact I can’t see anybody else really catching the eye, berge is a steady performer so at least recoup that.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:34 pm

I’d be comfortable with sacking Kompany . He’s failed and shows nothing like leadership. A major disappointment
This user liked this post: AGENT_CLARET

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:36 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:32 pm
You think that’s a unique situation? Do you honestly think these lads have come to Burnley for anything other than a pay rise and to play prem football?

Dave you need to take the claret tinted specs off. They will be gone this summer.
Where do you think they will go?

Pace made a verbal contract with Weghorst to let him go anywhere to play top flight football so that he could play in the World Cup. It was a stupid mistake.

Unless you reckon we've done it again, what are you expecting? We either sell them or we have them.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:36 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:30 pm

There’s simply no way we have the players now to adapt to some 30-odd % possession, defend for your life, 3 shots on target (Luton today), Dycheball.

Not knocking it. It served us well. But that era for us is over and I for one don’t want to go back even if it means we can’t compete at this level again.

You seem obsessed with staying up. I’m not so bothered. It’s really not the end of football if we go down. Arguably it’s better. No VAR, more wins than we’ll ever get in this league, decent, authentic football.

I think you’re right that our best players would go, so you’re acknowledging here we do have some PL quality players - just not enough in my opinion - but even keeping the others (Odobert, Ramsay, Masssengo, JBL, etc) we’ll be miles stronger than last time.
No I said they would go. I doubt any would be signed by prem clubs. Potentially foster but that’s it. The rest will likely disappear to France, Netherlands, Belgium, a few perhaps to Turkey or Saudi.

Off course I’m obsessed with staying up? Our clubs long term stability depends on it. Championship clubs by and large are all ******* money down the drain on the hope they get to where we are. The only difference is the majority of them have owners with deep pockets.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:37 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:36 pm
Where do you think they will go?

Pace made a verbal contract with Weghorst to let him go anywhere to play top flight football so that he could play in the World Cup. It was a stupid mistake.

Unless you reckon we've done it again, what are you expecting? We either sell them or we have them.
As per my other post to new claret.

They will disappear into the European leagues and a few will drift off into the likes of the Turkish/Saudi leagues.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:41 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:30 pm

Harsh on Luton in all honesty and is buying into a bit of a stereotype - not to mention posession is only the number of passes a team completes vs the overall passes completed in a game - any team going direct will tend to have 'less posession'.

I was at Old Trafford (friends ticket) to watch them play Man United and their set up was really good. They added a bit of flair without going overboard (Giles, Kabore, Barkley, Ogbhene) and don't play bad stuff at all.

What can be said is that Rob Edward's is absolutely maximising their ability and I don't think anyone could be getting more out of that side right now - can the same be said of VK?!

I'm not so sure.

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:41 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:37 pm
As per my other post to new claret.

They will disappear into the European leagues and a few will drift off into the likes of the Turkish/Saudi leagues.
You think we will sell players off at a loss?

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:41 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:22 pm
The project is a myth
The project is a name given so that if everything is going tits up you can’t be blamed because you haven’t finished “ The Project” it just stops you being a failure.

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by Jamesy » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:44 pm

Just got home after a pretty sh!te day. The current situation is crazy and light years away from real football days. By that I mean we have spent circa 120 million this season to totally revamp a team that romped the Championship last season to try and stay in the promised land, and are failing miserably.
I have followed the clarets since my dad took me on the Turf in 1967. I have got to say that I had several ups and downs in the 70’s and 80’s following Burnley with lots of stand out players. My first hero was probably Ralph Coates and in the 80’s the majestic Trevor Steven
With the free transfer the brilliant late Keith Newton somewhere in the middle.
However, my best moments watching Burnley were when we were totally sh!te and clinging on to survival when we tumbled down the divisions. Very average but honest players like Ashley Hoskins and Phil Malley gave their all in front of a couple of thousand fans at home and we used to travel with a respectable 300-400 fans watching us get stuffed with regularity
Then we started the steady climb back back and the Sherpa Van final was a big catalyst.
I’m not going to carry on cataloging our way back to the big time, but I just want to say I felt like I belonged when we were Sh!te.
I’m not sure I belong anymore because football is so different.
Anyway, I’m not sure this post belongs on a sack Kompany thread but goodnight folks and up the clarets.
These 4 users liked this post: oswyclaret expoultryboy Bosscat Wo Didi

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:47 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:41 pm
You think we will sell players off at a loss?
I think some will be sold for a profit, others sold for a loss and the ones we can’t sell will be loaned.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see 9-10 outgoings in the summer.

Then the project magically starts again.

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 345 times
Has Liked: 1572 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:55 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:27 pm
Haven't had investment to the academy to the degree that say, the Traff/Odobert/Trésor signing fees would have provided though have we?

Ten years ago, we decided to build a training ground that is the reason we can do what we can now - we also spent within our means and systemically built balanced squads and sold players only if a good offer came in. It wasn't the sole aim... That approach and the success we had is literally the only reason we can even begin to do what we are doing now.

Some of the stuff that gets thrown at the previous regime and gets excused of the current is strange to me in all honesty. Going down in this manner is doing absolutely zilch for our 'global reach'.

I dislike a lot in that we're doing, standing down scouts tieing recruitment up with the manager's own firm, leveraging the club on player signings in the hope of turning a profit and I dislike how we have so little experience in english football throughout the boardroom.

Investors also want a return on their investment - it isn't club created revenue.
I have no issue with the previous regimes including Garlick. They ran a very tight ship. But if the club is ever to become sustainable within the upper echelons it had to evolve.

As said before, investors in the club are looking at where the club will be in a few years time not particularly now or next year.

£80m or so on players in instalment's sees the club barely breaking a financial sweat against our level of income. Young players on long contracts and not mega salaries with relegation clauses.

Our global reach was massively extended last year whilst in the champ.

We are a work in progress that after the success of last season some thought we were further down the road than we actually are.

UTC

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:02 am

Holtyclaret wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:55 pm
I have no issue with the previous regimes including Garlick. They ran a very tight ship. But if the club is ever to become sustainable within the upper echelons it had to evolve.

As said before, investors in the club are looking at where the club will be in a few years time not particularly now or next year.

£80m or so on players in instalment's sees the club barely breaking a financial sweat against our level of income. Young players on long contracts and not mega salaries with relegation clauses.

Our global reach was massively extended last year whilst in the champ.

We are a work in progress that after the success of last season some thought we were further down the road than we actually are.

UTC
We kinda were sustainable though, imo, Garlick just wanted out and withdrew further investment.

More than that, and of course it's in installments but installments still need to be paid when you go down and revenue streams start to dry up.

I don't think that our global reach was 'massively extended' whilst being in the Champ at all, even if it has it's hardly doing great right now being whipping boys.

I'm just bothered about not being a laughing stock having healthy cash flow and a bit in reserve for a rainy day. Not so sure we will ever have that with the new board though, that isn't their priority.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6971 times
Has Liked: 1487 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:11 am

Who cares about global reach? We’re a football club.

Holtyclaret

Post by Holtyclaret » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:27 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:02 am
We kinda were sustainable though, imo, Garlick just wanted out and withdrew further investment.

More than that, and of course it's in installments but installments still need to be paid when you go down and revenue streams start to dry up.

I don't think that our global reach was 'massively extended' whilst being in the Champ at all, even if it has it's hardly doing great right now being whipping boys.

I'm just bothered about not being a laughing stock having healthy cash flow and a bit in reserve for a rainy day. Not so sure we will ever have that with the new board though, that isn't their priority.
I tend not to worry what others think, if things are done right we’ll have last laugh even if a step backwards is required short term.

Modern football finances will never see healthy reserves again sadly like we used to have. It’s all borrowing of some form these days.

Jj . Pace and vk didn’t improve our global reach last season?

We weren’t sustainable under Garlick (sadly), we couldn’t compete long term. Credit to dyche for getting so much for so long from so little. As a board they didn’t have the necessary wealth to bankroll us long term hence stepping aside. Garlick would have had to gamble his families security, putting his life’s earnings on the line (net worth £57m) , understandable he didn’t but took us as far as he was comfortable to.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:36 am

Holtyclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:27 am
I tend not to worry what others think, if things are done right we’ll have last laugh even if a step backwards is required short term.
On one hand it's about our reach and perception but on the other hand it doesn't matter? I think posting historically bad numbers IS more than a step backwards...
Holtyclaret wrote:

Modern football finances will never see healthy reserves again sadly like we used to have. It’s all borrowing of some form these days.
Doesn't have to be though, imo. Especially not for a club our natural size. We'll never be perennial contenders in the money league like and so I'd like to be a bit more sensible with our $$$
Holtyclaret wrote:
Jj . Pace and vk didn’t improve our global reach last season?
Global viewing figures in the prem absolutely dwarf anything of the Champ like, though it could be argued social media teams have increased the number of eyeballs on the club.
Holtyclaret wrote:
We weren’t sustainable under Garlick (sadly), we couldn’t compete long term. Credit to dyche for getting so much for so long from so little. As a board they didn’t have the necessary wealth to bankroll us long term hence stepping aside. Garlick would have had to gamble his families security, putting his life’s earnings on the line (net worth £57m) , understandable he didn’t but took us as far as he was comfortable to.
I mean we were the very definition of sustainable and yeah no doubt he took us as far as he could.

I dnno I think I have a very different view of what BFC should be it seems. Not into what we're doing though, at all.

Holtyclaret

Post by Holtyclaret » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:52 am

Global reach meaning the clubs worldwide fanbase not pure tv viewing figures, no we can’t adopt old fashioned financial ways within the pl anymore and the whole point of !the project’ is to increase the size of the club from small town club to established pl club that holds its own and has a strong worldwide fanbase.

We’d all like the good old days but if we continue to push to remain long term in the pl we have to grow, adapt and evolve ….. which we are (with growing pains!)

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1219 times
Has Liked: 7209 times

Post by Quicknick » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:44 am

Holtyclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:52 am
Global reach meaning the clubs worldwide fanbase not pure tv viewing figures, no we can’t adopt old fashioned financial ways within the pl anymore and the whole point of !the project’ is to increase the size of the club from small town club to established pl club that holds its own and has a strong worldwide fanbase.

We’d all like the good old days but if we continue to push to remain long term in the pl we have to grow, adapt and evolve ….. which we are (with growing pains!)
How does that all work if we get relegated?

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1491 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:47 am

Dithering especially from our keeper lost us the game
Jayrod was mom and Luca and Zeki played well
Sander Berge great going forward but why did he revert to playing cb for the last 10 mins
Ramsay was dire and why Obafemi didn't come on instead is a puzzle. Ekdal is a far better option than Cullen who unfortunately, looks lost at PL level and Benny now fit should have got the last 20 mins for JBG.

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1161 times
Has Liked: 1079 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:23 am

Holtyclaret wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:43 pm
He didn’t spend all his budget
I think we have a pound left over so you're right

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:33 am

Holtyclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:52 am

No club can guarantee to stay in the PL long term unless you are a select few. Just look at Southampton and Leicester.

It's impossible for any club to stay for an extended period and as it gets mentioned plenty of times it takes just ONE bad season and relegation beckons.

How can we therefore guarantee a longer stint in the Prem than we've had previously when bigger clubs than us with more financial clout will get relegated?

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 547 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:31 am

There’s a big picture in motion here, yes it’s hard to take at the moment especially after the highs of last season. However our manager and our owners are both still learning on the job as well as the young players we have brought in.

The subs killed it for me yesterday and VK will learn from it, hopefully before the next game but to call for his head is totally the wrong thing in my opinion.

We are just at the beginning of a culture change at our club in terms of the football being played and the recruitment of younger players. This is only the second season of it and we are trying it in the most difficult league in the world.

We should be closer to the pack, and should have won a few more games but I don’t see a positive in ripping up the scripture at this stage and starting afresh. Tweets to the system need to be made in key areas , for me a couple are the obvious - stop messing about with the ball in dangerous areas when we can make it safe - and a quicker turn over in attack, get in behind on more occasions to keep the opposition guessing. Improving set pieces is also an obvious one.

Last season was memorable, this season you could class it in a similar bracket for all the wrong reasons up until the present day. However I do believe that if we back them through this tough ride then it will bear fruit soon ( hopefully next game )

It’s going to be a tough ask now but since when has anything worth having been easy to come by…

Come on Vinnie and the boys you can do this. UTC
These 2 users liked this post: longsidepies Bosscat

expoultryboy
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 478 times

Post by expoultryboy » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:47 am

Jamsey : did you come back via Cardiff ???

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:54 am

Elizabeth wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:34 pm
I’d be comfortable with sacking Kompany . He’s failed and shows nothing like leadership. A major disappointment
Everybody is entitled to an opinion

What is your opinion on who his replacement would be?

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:01 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:54 am
Everybody is entitled to an opinion

What is your opinion on who his replacement would be?
There’s a fair few out there that would get a tune from this team. Ultimately something has to change if we have any interest of staying up.

scamander
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Post by scamander » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:12 am

With regards to Luton, they were a physical side in the Championship and they have not drifted much from this style. That's no insult to them as it's a great leveller, we were trying to play Prem footballl in the Championship and the irony is that Luton's style gives them a better chance against Prem teams.

We try to play Prem football without the players at the necessary level. It's why we look good for a portion of the game but ultimately come away with nothing.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:12 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:01 am
There’s a fair few out there that would get a tune from this team. Ultimately something has to change if we have any interest of staying up.
Who?

Papabendi
Been Liked: 347 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:19 am

Holtyclaret wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:02 pm
I’m a complete realist.

This set of highly talented young players we’re accumulating may take a while to develop, things are rough right now (but improving with a more settled side), we may be relegated, we know from the last 24 months relegation isn’t necessarily the end of the world(in fact it was refreshing and rather fun), we know from Dyches first pl season flop that it doesn’t always click straightaway and lessons are learnt to take forward …….. all pretty real.

The people that have invested in the club have gambled on where we are in a few years time not now or next season.
Are you related to Alan Pace by any chance?

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:28 am

He picked a team that dominated the game yesterday. Should we sack a manager for individual mistakes? Maybe we should sack everyone and start again in non league.

Holtyclaret

Post by Holtyclaret » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:38 am

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:23 am
I think we have a pound left over so you're right
We’ve spent about £80-90m in instalments. Add our income up (sky money, minor investments (circa £120-140m), parachute, this years sky, player sales and massively increased commercial income) and it’s pretty obvious we’re ok.

When the window closed we were still v active ie. £31m package agreed for maatsen etc..

Where it’d change is if we had a sustained period out of the pl which is pretty unlikely but far from guaranteed.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:38 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:12 am
Who?
I’ve replied to this about 5 times already.

Amorim would be exciting.
Hassenhutel makes sense at the moment.
Lopetagui looked decent at wolves. Think he would be an excellent manager for us. Players an attractive style whilst keeping things tight.
Jesse Marche would improve us.
Will still would be a really interesting choice.
It would also be a real coup if we could somehow convince potter to come in.

All of the above would improve us.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:43 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:38 am

Lopetagui looked decent at wolves. Think he would be an excellent manager for us. Players an attractive style whilst keeping things tight.

Amorim leaving Sporting to join a team rock bottom of the Prem? Come on.

Lopetagui again unlikely to join a team looking out of it (although I accept he did join Wolves last season yet they had more Prem players).

Marsh made Leeds worse so I’m not sure on that argument.

Hassanhutl possibly but his Saints team weren’t exactly known for having a good defence (2x 9-0 defeats stick out).

Potter no chance.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:47 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:43 am

Lopetagui again unlikely to join a team looking out of it (although I accept he did join Wolves last season yet they had more Prem players).

Hassanhutl possibly but his Saints team weren’t exactly known for having a good defence (2x 9-0 defeats stick out).

Potter no chance.
Marsh had a pretty decent PPG return in the prem. if he mirrored that, we would stay up this season.

Amorim was a choice I highlighted after about 8 games when relegation wasn’t as likely.

Hassanhutl again had a decent PPG in the prem if he could mirror that we would defo stay up.

Potter I agree there’s no chance now, however I think if we made the call after 8 games he might have been interested in a short term deal.

The point is there’s plenty of managers out there. At this point we really couldn’t get much worse than VK. Brian laws and Lampard in his worst management spell at Chelsea all had better PPG stats.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:49 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:43 am

Potter no chance.
Considering the rate of defeats I'm pretty sure someone somewhere could do a better job it's not as if you are talking about replacing somebody who is doing a decent job.

Holtyclaret

Post by Holtyclaret » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:52 am

Spijed wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:33 am
No club can guarantee to stay in the PL long term unless you are a select few. Just look at Southampton and Leicester.

It's impossible for any club to stay for an extended period and as it gets mentioned plenty of times it takes just ONE bad season and relegation beckons.

How can we therefore guarantee a longer stint in the Prem than we've had previously when bigger clubs than us with more financial clout will get relegated?
I never implied anything’s guaranteed we can only put ourselves into the best position to compete on a more even keel with all but the top 6-8 clubs in the pl financially and player calibre wise.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:04 am

Holtyclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:52 am
I never implied anything’s guaranteed we can only put ourselves into the best position to compete on a more even keel with all but the top 6-8 clubs in the pl financially and player calibre wise.
We did that previously and very well too. Just accept that it's impossible to stay in the Prem long term without serious investment.

Hence why Leicester and Southampton couldn't do it either, along with other bigger clubs in the next few seasons.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:08 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:38 am

Like Christmas Day for you!

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:10 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:08 am
Like Christmas Day for you!
Steve seriously grow up. There’s not one fan that likes this crap. Yesterday was genuinely depressing.

I was asked what managers I would go for and there’s my list.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:16 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:10 am
Steve seriously grow up. There’s not one fan that likes this crap. Yesterday was genuinely depressing.

I was asked what managers I would go for and there’s my list.
Dominated the game should have put it to bed and didn’t. Enjoy your day in your bedroom!

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:22 am

Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:16 am
Dominated the game should have put it to bed and didn’t. Enjoy your day in your bedroom!
Screenshot_20231126-102023.png
Screenshot_20231126-102023.png (149.01 KiB) Viewed 3934 times
I'd hardly say that's dominant more even.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:23 am

Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:16 am
Dominated the game 🤯

VK literally has the worst start in the premier league history after 13 games. If he can’t be questioned now then he never will be
This user liked this post: BabylonClaret

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:24 am

Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:28 am
He picked a team that dominated the game yesterday. Should we sack a manager for individual mistakes? Maybe we should sack everyone and start again in non league.
Well seeing as he also made the crucial decisions that yet again led to unbalance and cost us the game and made all the decisions that have left us with a minus 4 billion goal goal difference and a mountain to climb then you could make a string argument he is out of his depth and if ee need to stay yo we should pot him off.

I'm not sure if we can identify anyone who would come though so sacking him would really be pointless. I just hope the owners have a good pla for next year in the Championship if we lose our better players

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:27 am

Makes me chuckle that we can't replace him because nobody is available as if we are replacing pep & neil warnock is the only manager out of a job, you could quite literally get anybody to come in (within reasonable means) & probably do a better job.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 5071 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:30 am

The hiring of Kompany was always with a long term plan.
To tear that plan up now, would cause the club a lot of long term damage. The budget we have used to collect this squad isn't looking redeemable, at present.
There is no argument from me that VK has made mistakes, it should have been expected with his experience. The bigger concern is the lack of reaction to mistakes, we just go out and make the same mistakes again, and again, and again.
Despite the number of players we acquired, there are still big gaps on the pitch, that should have been filled. Fingers crossed we can find somebody in January.
It seems clear from 'Mission to Burnley', that promotion last year caught us by surprise and we weren't prepared, or ready to take on the challenge. This is a poor excuse imo. We cruised to that title, and although the challenge was always going to be harder, we were well set to achieve far more than we have. If we had half the battle of Luton we would have a lot more points than we have. The lack of bottle, lack of leadership is rank in this team. The squad is littered with players with the potential to go on to bigger and better things, but turning them into a TEAM, is the problem.
I've written this season off, and accept we are going down, no matter who we buy in January. The question is who can get us back up, and compete at this level, and I still see VK as the man to do it. There aren't many of us can hold our hands up and say we've never made a mistake. VK knows what he is trying to do with these players, in his head, to give the same players to a.n.other with different ideas could set the club back years.

I'll not boo the players, or Kompany, but there isn't a lot to cheer either, I'll sit there in silent prayer and hope for the best. Our short term future has an awful lot riding on the January window. The long term future is riding on VK answering the questions.