Hurghada

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Hurghada

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:36 pm

Hi all,

We usually always go to Sharm (Nabq Bay ) on holiday, but the pricing is ridiculous at the minute, so speaking to a few at work for alternatives and they go to Hurghada and Makadi Bay, which I have noted is slightly cheaper than Sharm. So as this place is a mine of information I thought I would throw it out there, and see if anyone has been to all three or 2 of the three that could advise or recommend.

turbo5
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 167 times

Re: Hurghada

Post by turbo5 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:54 pm

I go to Egypt normally once a year (Scuba Diver) been Sharm pre covid numerous times on a family holidays staying at one of the big super hotels , Plenty of tourist attractions, big malls , shopping centres etc very touristy with a western feel. (same as any summer holiday destinations) Hurgarda is a bit more Arabic for me, not as touristy, lots of locals live here , big mosques etc very spread out. Not as clean and modern as Sharm. Also you don't pay a visa fee in Sharm but everywhere else you do, Also stayed at Marsa Alam which is much smaller but more upmarket , unfortunately no North West airports fly there , only used this place as a mooring for various dive yachts for southern Red Sea Itineraries.
This user liked this post: ClaretAL

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:24 pm

turbo5 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:54 pm
I go to Egypt normally once a year (Scuba Diver) been Sharm pre covid numerous times on a family holidays staying at one of the big super hotels , Plenty of tourist attractions, big malls , shopping centres etc very touristy with a western feel. (same as any summer holiday destinations) Hurgarda is a bit more Arabic for me, not as touristy, lots of locals live here , big mosques etc very spread out. Not as clean and modern as Sharm. Also you don't pay a visa fee in Sharm but everywhere else you do, Also stayed at Marsa Alam which is much smaller but more upmarket , unfortunately no North West airports fly there , only used this place as a mooring for various dive yachts for southern Red Sea Itineraries.
Cheers mate. I have been told that there is not much you can do outside of the hotel in Hughada but I find Nabq perfect for the sport bar for footy and hard rock etc for a night out. Might just have to splash a bit more but it’s roughly 50% more expensive.

CaptJohn
Been Liked: 468 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by CaptJohn » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:48 am

Not sure I'd be going anywhere near that part of the world, given the geopolitical tensions in the region. I certainly would need a massive discount to do so, which doesn't seem the case at the moment.

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:12 am

ClaretAL wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:24 pm
Cheers mate. I have been told that there is not much you can do outside of the hotel in Hughada but I find Nabq perfect for the sport bar for footy and hard rock etc for a night out. Might just have to splash a bit more but it’s roughly 50% more expensive.
If you want a decent hotel/food etc for a good price then give Delfino Beach in Tunisia/Hammamet a go - went not long ago and for the price of the holiday it was brilliant.