ALK CAPITAL ANNOUNCES STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP WITH DUNDEE FC

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Re: ALK CAPITAL ANNOUNCES STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP WITH DUNDEE FC

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:53 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:19 am
Can we just get this straight once and for all - Dyche did not leave us with an ageing squad - it was the board who refused to invest in players citing Covid as a reason while others may ponder other reasons. Dyche just did not have the funds to replace the players he had who were one game away from surviving in the PL.

The talent he left behind earned over £70 million in the transfer market and the remainder played a key role in us winning the Championship.
I couldn’t agree more.
This user liked this post: CoolClaret

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2318 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:55 pm

This threads mad!

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:57 pm

In what respect?

Papabendi
Been Liked: 347 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:12 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:39 pm
Exactly
CT. A thought to ponder. Do you really think it is productive to have a dig at Alan Pace at every opportunity from the safe haven of your website? Isn't the objective to find ways to work with the club meaningfully, even if there are some things it conducts that you disagree with?
This user liked this post: Cooclaret

Goliath
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by Goliath » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:26 pm

brexit wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:04 pm
I can't believe that there are people who actually think BFC is a Fan's club. It isn't itis a commercial enterprise out to wring every penny out of people who believe they are supporting “their” club.
Evidence the price of a bine and hot has apparently increased and the catering in the BL is still naff.
But the good news is, hospitality (where the club financial support is) has improved immensely: would recommend it to everyone.
You really think i meant in a business sense?
Its a fans clubs in the sense that we are the one constsnt. When Pace goes we are the ones that remain and possibly pick up the pieces. Without the fans we wouldnt be anywhere near where we are, thats why the community aspect is so important.

ClaretSam
Been Liked: 3 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by ClaretSam » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:42 pm

GetIntoEm wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:25 pm
speaking to the Burnley Express is a waste of everyones time based on their current football offering.

however speak to local fans is something that Pace does well, i've had several conversations with him since he's been on the club, same for my kids. he will always stop and engage. seems a nice guy

Agreed.

Shame it seems mr Boden can’t get over this and always likes to have a sly dig on twitter or his new podcast.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:55 pm

Does anyone care if Alan Pace says hello to fans pre match day? Makes me cringe that people judge the bloke off that as oppose to how he runs the club.

I don't like him because of a number of things, including the way he used the BFC vote the other month. I guess it doesn't matter to some as long as he doffs his cap at you in the street.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3165 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:05 pm

Papabendi wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:12 pm
CT. A thought to ponder. Do you really think it is productive to have a dig at Alan Pace at every opportunity from the safe haven of your website? Isn't the objective to find ways to work with the club meaningfully, even if there are some things it conducts that you disagree with?
interesting you don't think that CT has not made efforts to engage with the club since the takeover in his various roles when on many occasions he has clearly stated that he has and how on this very board over the time they have been involved
This user liked this post: Goliath

Papabendi

Post by Papabendi » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:03 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:05 pm
interesting you don't think that CT has not made efforts to engage with the club since the takeover in his various roles when on many occasions he has clearly stated that he has and how on this very board over the time they have been involved
Well, I am not actually saying that. My point is the onus might be on CT and others to find ways to make it work rather than give up and simply criticise.

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 393 times

Post by Cooclaret » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:23 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:18 am
We’ve sent two, possibly three if Mellon goes, young players on loan to get SPL. In what way is it pointless?
Because this is another proxy for people to hammer the current owners of BFC

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:27 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:18 pm
That’s fine but he won’t speak to supporters groups nor will the club despite PL requirements
Have those parties done something to upset the balance?

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:28 pm

Papabendi wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:12 pm
Change of ownership has brought a new way of working to the previous regime.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:47 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:18 am
We’ve sent two, possibly three if Mellon goes, young players on loan to get SPL. In what way is it pointless?
They were already out on loan and I doubt we'd have any trouble loaning them out elsewhere.

I just don't see what the club gains from this. It looks like a placeholder for ALK until the rules around multi-club ownership change, if they change at all.

Loaning a few young players there is just a way of justifying it in the immediate term.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:49 pm

Cooclaret wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:23 pm
Because this is another proxy for people to hammer the current owners of BFC
Not really, but it would be nice if they could concentrate on getting the basics right at the club they actually own before they start looking around for their next acquisition.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11055 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:52 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:05 pm
to be fair CP, he doesn't say that at all. He's making a perfectly normal and valid point then asking a question. You and I know CT has made efforts towards the club as we have read his posts but there's nothing to suggest PapaBendi has.

edit: Either way, I think it's foolish that the club don't engage with the supporters clubs

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:28 pm

JohnMcGreal wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:49 pm
Not really, but it would be nice if they could concentrate on getting the basics right at the club they actually own before they start looking around for their next acquisition.
Nail on head.

The longer ALK are here, the longer they show their true colours

We’re just a glorified cattle market, with the aim of flogging players for as much profit as we can.

And the fans are an inconvenience.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:30 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:28 pm
Nail on head.

We’re just a glorified cattle market, with the aim of flogging players for as much profit as we can.

so pretty much like every club then ?

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:33 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Nail on head.

Their true colours? In what respect?

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 837 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:46 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:33 pm
When people make vague statements like that Nori, they’re never wrong. They can always fall back on “welp, they haven’t shown their true colors yet”. It’s a not very clever way of inventing these “true colors “ even though they may not exist, because you can always just say they haven’t shown them yet. 30,40,50 years later when we’re all in our graves and our grandchildren are supporters, they’ll still be saying it, waiting…waiting 😂😂😂
This user liked this post: Cooclaret

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:48 pm

Dundee 2-0 up at Hearts, assist for Costelloe
This user liked this post: NewClaret

TPClaret
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by TPClaret » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:51 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Nail on head.

They have already said that is the business model. We don’t have a billionaire owner or huge fanbase. Only way we can make serious money.
These 2 users liked this post: COBBLE NewClaret

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:54 pm

TPClaret wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:51 pm
They have already said that is the business model. We don’t have a billionaire owner or huge fanbase. Only way we can make serious money.
We did it in the 50s, 60s and 70s....nothing new

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:57 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:54 pm
We did it in the 50s, 60s and 70s....nothing new
We were a local club for local people….a lot of the fan base are still very much the league of gentlemen and hate change.
These 2 users liked this post: Vegas Claret Cooclaret

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2352 times
Has Liked: 3182 times

Post by Paul Waine » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:27 pm

[quote=TsarBomba post_id=2263406 time=1706041739 user_id=2603

[/quote]

Isn't that what all the players want, play for the club that pays them the highest wage?

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:50 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Nail on head.

How is selling players for profit any different to any past Burnley board of directors?
This user liked this post: Enola Gay

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:01 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:50 pm
How is selling players for profit any different to any past Burnley board of directors?
I think your way off what the likes of Bob Lord did ,and I know he was a bit of an old grouch ,but as a rule he’d sell one player a year to balance the books,and build an odd stand and ok did make a profit because 90% of the players came up through the ranks .

TsarBomba

Post by TsarBomba » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:54 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:33 pm
Disdain towards the 95% of fans that aren’t in corporate hospitality.

- Where are we at with the redevelopment of the CFS? 3 years ago, Doug Metcalfe did an interview saying plans (of some description) were in the pipeline? Where are they?

- Where are we at with safe standing? Brought in over 7 years ago now. We have thousands of fans standing in seating which is against health and safety. We’re perfectly fine with standing in the CFS, but if you stand in the JHL, you’ll get banned.

- Woeful catering.

- hospitality fiasco that culminated in ugly scenes against Everton.

- Membership scheme

- disingenuous attempt to improve the atmosphere at home games which was nothing more than a money making exercise.

That’s just off the top of my head, and we have CT saying there’s a refusal to speak with fans/press that I wasn’t aware of.

Taken in isolation, some of them are minor, but together, they are indicative of what I think is a very dismissive attitude towards the 95% of us that don’t pay hospitality.

There’s no interest in improving anything that isn’t going to generate money, and quickly.

You could very easily argue that we’ve gone backwards in some areas, which is impressive.

And I’m perfectly aware that we’re in the business of selling players for a profit. But I must have missed when in the past we signed 35 first team players in 18 months.

I want ALK to do well, of course, because I want the club to do well, but this ‘model’ isn’t for me.
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:57 pm

TPClaret wrote:
I must have been dreaming the past decade then

Goliath
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by Goliath » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:13 am

TsarBomba wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:54 pm

- Where are we at with the redevelopment of the CFS? 3 years ago, Doug Metcalfe did an interview saying plans (of some description) were in the pipeline? Where are they?

- Where are we at with safe standing? Brought in over 7 years ago now. We have thousands of fans standing in seating which is against health and safety. We’re perfectly fine with standing in the CFS, but if you stand in the JHL, you’ll get banned.

- Woeful catering.

- Membership scheme

- disingenuous attempt to improve the atmosphere at home games which was nothing more than a money making exercise.

That’s just off the top of my head, and we have CT saying there’s a refusal to speak with fans/press that I wasn’t aware of.

Taken in isolation, some of them are minor, but together, they are indicative of what I think is a very dismissive attitude towards the 95% of us that don’t pay hospitality.

There’s no interest in improving anything that isn’t going to generate money, and quickly.

You could very easily argue that we’ve gone backwards in some areas, which is impressive.

And I’m perfectly aware that we’re in the business of selling players for a profit. But I must have missed when in the past we signed 35 first team players in 18 months.

I want ALK to do well, of course, because I want the club to do well, but this ‘model’ isn’t for me.
Dont forget the disrespectful behaviour regarding the player boards that people had worked hard in getting made and put up around the ground. I know its small fry but that showed 'true colours' more than anything i think.
I thought they were a fantastic addition and to say theres nowhere to put them really is a nonsense.

In fact im trying to think of something theyve done thats benefited the regular match day fan where the primary objective wasn't to make more money, the pre game light show? Thats about all i can think of so far. Not sure thats really a benefit though.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:56 am

Westleigh wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:01 pm
I think your way off what the likes of Bob Lord did ,and I know he was a bit of an old grouch ,but as a rule he’d sell one player a year to balance the books,and build an odd stand and ok did make a profit because 90% of the players came up through the ranks .
He also did it when there was a maximum wage and in the period just after. By the mid 70s the model had gone and all the Lancashire clubs began to struggle.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:21 am

TsarBomba wrote:

- Woeful catering.

- Membership scheme

Coming from a poster I respect, I do find some of the complaints rather strange, and not sure how they fit with them "showing their true colours"
As someone living down down south it would be interesting how many games you get to, to be able to reach some of your conclusionsl

I don't know where you get that distain is shown to 95% of fans, that's not my experience, or the people I attend games with.

Safe standing and the development of the CFS I would suggest go hand in hand, and are not an easy thing to do overnight...how much do you spend on an aging stand?

Catering has never been the best, there were plenty of complaints about it under the previous ownership

I agree with the Everton fiasco, but the same arrangements were in place for the previous games without the problems, so some blame has to be aimed at the Everton fans, though I agree allowing away fans to sit in the home ends is not the best idea

The membership scheme was a strange one, but is in operation at many clubs. I doubt it has had any effect on fans getting tickets as per normal though

The atmosphere needs improvement, though none of the ideas put in place have improved it, it's never the best when you're losing every game. The same owners were in charge last season and the atmosphere was fine. As a money making exercise iam not sure that worked.

The whole of the outside of the ground has been improved to the benefit of the fans, as has some of the inside, iam sure our disabled fans would agree

We had to sign players after relegation otherwise we wouldn't have had a team, but like most things everybody was happy with it last season, but suddenly this season it's a bad model.

I don't disagree they have made mistakes, some of which get blown out of all proportion on here, but which owners haven't made mistakes? iam not sure we have gone backwards in many areas.

I don't know the situation with the supporters groups as we only get one side, but I see articles in the press, and yesterday, when there was something to say there was an interview with the local BBC station online. When was the last time you saw that from United's owners, or Liverpool,or rovers or many other clubs who's fans complain about lack of contact from the owner.

Like you I obviously want them to succeed, as do they, but without some billionaire coming in and spending money, I don't see how we can generate the money needed to compete, even at championship level without player profit.
These 2 users liked this post: Turfytop Enola Gay

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:24 am

It makes you wonder if it is a Burnley thing or do all clubs have fans moaning the owner doesn't speak to them.

I never had a chat with Mike Garlick but somehow coped, clearly there are some who have had the nose put out of joint by the new owners but maybe they should realise they are a supporter and don't have a divine right anything different that the rest of supporters.

I don't agree with having the FAB speak on behalf of all fans but it wasn't open for anyone to apply, Personally couldn't imagine anything worse than sitting on one of those much better things to do but for those who wanted to or wants chats with the owner I hope they all applied.

It is very tiresome when anything comes out the club we have some who can't move on from the local club for local people attitude and look to bitch and moan. It comes across like some dumped teenager.
These 3 users liked this post: Turfytop Cooclaret Enola Gay

Guller Bull
Been Liked: 791 times
Has Liked: 1017 times

Post by Guller Bull » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:02 am

I can feel another storm coming!

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:44 am

TPClaret wrote:
If we do make serious money isn't it likely to just disappear into the pockets of our "investors"? It's hard to imagine they'll want to spend money on things like upgrading the cricket field stand, for example.

TPClaret
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by TPClaret » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:55 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:44 am
If we do make serious money isn't it likely to just disappear into the pockets of our "investors"? It's hard to imagine they'll want to spend money on things like upgrading the cricket field stand, for example.
Yes that’s why they are investors. You can’t argue they haven’t spent. If they were taking a lot of money out and putting nothing back in I’d be worried. Fans were crying out for investment when we literally spent nothing under the last owners in the last few years they were in charge.

TsarBomba

Post by TsarBomba » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:08 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:24 am
It makes you wonder if it is a Burnley thing or do all clubs have fans moaning the owner doesn't speak to them.

I never had a chat with Mike Garlick but somehow coped, clearly there are some who have had the nose put out of joint by the new owners but maybe they should realise they are a supporter and don't have a divine right anything different that the rest of supporters.

I don't agree with having the FAB speak on behalf of all fans but it wasn't open for anyone to apply, Personally couldn't imagine anything worse than sitting on one of those much better things to do but for those who wanted to or wants chats with the owner I hope they all applied.

It is very tiresome when anything comes out the club we have some who can't move on from the local club for local people attitude and look to bitch and moan. It comes across like some dumped teenager.
No issue with foreign ownership. I’m certainly not one of the local club for local people brigade. I want us to be the best we can be, and in my criticism, I am separating what we have done on the field with off it.

We have largely got things right on the field, although the huge turnover of players has proven detrimental and has largely resulted in where we are now this season.

But with this ownership group at the helm, I can only come to the conclusion that they don’t care whether it’s 20k home fans, 20k away fans, or 20k Japanese tourists occupying the Turf, as long as someone is stumping up the cash. And this is reflected in their decision making on a number of issues.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:26 am

TsarBomba wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:08 am
No issue with foreign ownership. I’m certainly not one of the local club for local people brigade. I want us to be the best we can be, and in my criticism, I am separating what we have done on the field with off it.

We have largely got things right on the field, although the huge turnover of players has proven detrimental and has largely resulted in where we are now this season.

But with this ownership group at the helm, I can only come to the conclusion that they don’t care whether it’s 20k home fans, 20k away fans, or 20k Japanese tourists occupying the Turf, as long as someone is stumping up the cash. And this is reflected in their decision making on a number of issues.
Oh for the days of 2,000 gates, when by and large the 2,000 were at least locals

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:45 am

TsarBomba wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:08 am

What have they done different to the previous owners regards who was in the ground ?

Did we have away fans in the home ends under them ? Yes is the answer. Seems a bit contradictory to one minute say you aren't in the local club brigade then make a comment about how they don't care where the people in the ground come from

Papabendi

Post by Papabendi » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:24 pm

TsarBomba wrote:

- Woeful catering.

- Membership scheme

Very few of these issue were being discussed this time last year.
This user liked this post: Enola Gay

forzagranata
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by forzagranata » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:11 pm

The biggest issue with Pace and ALK Capital is that they have loaded millions of pounds of debt on to the club, taking out loans secured against our stadium and training ground.

The consequences of things 'going wrong' are extremely serious for the club.
This user liked this post: DAVETHEVICAR

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:20 pm

forzagranata wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:11 pm
The biggest issue with Pace and ALK Capital is that they have loaded millions of pounds of debt on to the club, taking out loans secured against our stadium and training ground.

The consequences of things 'going wrong' are extremely serious for the club.
They have bought assets with that money, which negates the chances of things going wrong somewhat

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:37 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:20 pm
They have bought assets with that money, which negates the chances of things going wrong somewhat
Technically, and according to the latest published information the assets they bought with that money were shares in the club, the lender and the amount owed has changed a few times, but the money was used for the purpose described - unless of course ALK/VSL have repaid that £65m debt to the club, though it is unlikely we will find out if that has happened for some time

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:52 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:37 pm
Technically, and according to the latest published information the assets they bought with that money were shares in the club, the lender and the amount owed has changed a few times, but the money was used for the purpose described - unless of course ALK/VSL have repaid that £65m debt to the club, though it is unlikely we will find out if that has happened for some time
I meant players

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:04 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:20 pm
Technically true I guess. They bought Burnley Football Club.
Nori1958 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:52 pm
I meant players
Not players.

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:09 pm

Keyes Capital have a website that makes EMA Equity Partners look good
http://www.keyescap.com/

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:09 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
I meant players
I knew exactly what you meant, which is why I posted.

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 837 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:10 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:26 am
Oh for the days of 2,000 gates, when by and large the 2,000 were at least locals
And you could walk up and there was never a queue for your Stimorol. Good times.

forzagranata
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by forzagranata » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:10 pm

If there were some guarantee that buying footballers and selling them automatically makes money, then I guess that would be a reassuring point.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:14 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
I meant players
You'd still be wrong.

Aggi and Chester have rightly pointed this out.

It's scary that someone who is so vocal in his support for these guys can be so wrong about such an important thing to be honest.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:18 pm

forzagranata wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:10 pm
If there were some guarantee that buying footballers and selling them automatically makes money, then I guess that would be a reassuring point.
The original point made by the poster was suggesting things could go horribly wrong because of the debt
Without going into forensic detail I would suggest the players value outweighs the debt, should, in some strange circumstances, somebody comes calling for all the money immediately