Bucharest Clarets….

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
HarleSykeClaret
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Bucharest Clarets….

Post by HarleSykeClaret » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:27 pm

Over there at the weekend, anybody been and can give a hint on possible places to watch Saturdays game?

giveusaB
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Re: Bucharest Clarets….

Post by giveusaB » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:58 pm

Just asked Son in law who lives there.This is what he suggests :

Just had a look and it’s not on Digi so they might be out of luck.

However, if they go to the Halftime Pub or Mojo (they’re next door to each other) and ask the bar staff they might be able to get it. That’s also in the old town so they’re handily placed for the rest of the evening.
This user liked this post: HarleSykeClaret

HarleSykeClaret

Post by HarleSykeClaret » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:37 pm

giveusaB wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:58 pm
Just asked Son in law who lives there.This is what he suggests :

Just had a look and it’s not on Digi so they might be out of luck.

However, if they go to the Halftime Pub or Mojo (they’re next door to each other) and ask the bar staff they might be able to get it. That’s also in the old town so they’re handily placed for the rest of the evening.
Great stuff, please thank him!
We should have been on the FCSB game but they’ve decided to move it to the Monday, so we’ve picked up tickets for the Rapid game which is an evening game so works out nicely that we should be able to catch the clarets game!

claretburns
Been Liked: 861 times
Has Liked: 334 times

Post by claretburns » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:02 pm

Been to Bucharest many times with work and to visit my wife's family.

giveusaB has the right advice, Bar Mojo in the Old Town area of the city, been there many times to watch Burnley games and very friendly staff and decent prices. If Bar Mojo doesn't have the game, it would still be good to head there before as there are many bars in the Old Town area with games on so you'll find somewhere in the Old Town area.

The majority of places have tables & chairs outside with TV screens in the window, so you don't need to go inside when you're trying to find somewhere, if a bar has the Everton v Tottenham early kick off then they'll be playing a live game at 5pm RO time, just a polite ask to the staff to see if they'll play the Burnley game, if it means they'll get your custom for a few hours, they'll do this.

Whereabouts in the city are you staying? It is a wonderful place to visit with many sight seeing opportunities, weather might not be the best for many outdoor activities so I would recommend going to The People's Palace.

You're lucky FCSB has been moved to the Monday, they're not the real FCSB, the real side currently play in Liga 2 but I don't care about either being a Dinamo fan :lol:

ClaretinJapan
Been Liked: 46 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Post by ClaretinJapan » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:48 am

I was a teenage armchair Honved fan.

HarleSykeClaret

Post by HarleSykeClaret » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:18 am

claretburns wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:02 pm
Been to Bucharest many times with work and to visit my wife's family.

giveusaB has the right advice, Bar Mojo in the Old Town area of the city, been there many times to watch Burnley games and very friendly staff and decent prices. If Bar Mojo doesn't have the game, it would still be good to head there before as there are many bars in the Old Town area with games on so you'll find somewhere in the Old Town area.

The majority of places have tables & chairs outside with TV screens in the window, so you don't need to go inside when you're trying to find somewhere, if a bar has the Everton v Tottenham early kick off then they'll be playing a live game at 5pm RO time, just a polite ask to the staff to see if they'll play the Burnley game, if it means they'll get your custom for a few hours, they'll do this.

Whereabouts in the city are you staying? It is a wonderful place to visit with many sight seeing opportunities, weather might not be the best for many outdoor activities so I would recommend going to The People's Palace.

You're lucky FCSB has been moved to the Monday, they're not the real FCSB, the real side currently play in Liga 2 but I don't care about either being a Dinamo fan :lol:
We are staying pretty much in the centre I believe (Hotel CH Bucharest), so hopefully an easy stroll around the old town pubs is in order