Post match presser

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32551 times
Has Liked: 5284 times

Re: Post match presser

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:33 pm

Thanks to those who reported issues. All the unacceptable posts have now been removed as have all the unnecessary responses. The offending poster has received a one week suspension.
This user liked this post: Rileybobs

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 622 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:01 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:36 pm
Luton are completing dispelling this myth.

He’s just a bad manager
Did you think kompany was a bad manager last season? Or just a bad premier league manager?

Do managers not deserve time regardless of money spent?

It’s all ifs and buts, but if we go down and come back up at the first time of asking and then have a great season in the premier league then we would look back at the foundations of this season

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:49 pm

The 'bad manager' comme t is a bit premature (although it's not looking great at the moment) but the first point is spot on. Too much of the acceptance if what we are seeing at the moment is hinged on the 'this league is streets ahead of the Championship and we will boss it next season with this team'

That's an assumption and the fact that last season all 3 sides stayed up and this seaaon Luton look to be giving it a good go make it a a shaky one at that.

brexit
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:59 pm

Mentioned this before, but I count vk as a golden age manager
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_ ... d-managers
This user liked this post: Cooclaret

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 395 times

Post by Cooclaret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:17 pm

Kompany has to go.

Look at Crystal Palace, West Ham, Chelsea, all looking at their managers and holding them to account.

It’s just not okay for our football club.

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:20 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:01 pm
Did you think kompany was a bad manager last season? Or just a bad premier league manager?

It’s all ifs and buts, but if we go down and come back up at the first time of asking and then have a great season in the premier league then we would look back at the foundations of this season
Can you honestly say that you can see Kompany learning? Is he making changes to the team that reflect him learning from the last game?

It just looks like arrogance of belief to me.
This user liked this post: Westleigh

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:31 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:01 pm

A bad premier league manager.

I don’t think managers do, I would actually argue the complete opposite. If a manager has excessive funds for the clubs size then they are expected to be successful.

That’s is very true but I can’t personally base my assumptions on something that might happen in two years time. I can only base it on the now.

My biggest concern is Luton stay up as that will likely mean a club in a much better position than ours will go down and make promotion next season a lot more difficult.

Could imagine Forrest or Everton getting relegated. They would be instantly favourites for next season

JBR
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by JBR » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:36 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:31 pm

I don’t think managers do, I would actually argue the complete opposite. If a manager has excessive funds for the clubs size then they are expected to be successful.

That’s is very true but I can’t personally base my assumptions on something that might happen in two years time. I can only base it on the now.

My biggest concern is Luton stay up as that will likely mean a club in a much better position than ours will go down and make promotion next season a lot more difficult.

Could imagine Forrest or Everton getting relegated. They would be instantly favourites for next season
Edward’s has spent what £30m? Looks to be keeping them up can see him getting poached if he continues that. Bet Watford are gutted!haha

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:42 pm

Cooclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:20 pm
Can you honestly say that you can see Kompany learning? Is he making changes to the team that reflect him learning from the last game?

It just looks like arrogance of belief to me.
He learned from the first 10 games of the season, he made poor selections yesterday from the start and that happens. I just think even with the money spent managers need a chance and if it takes going down and coming back up then so be it

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:48 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:31 pm

Off one season you are calling him a bad premier league manager? I think managers deserve more chances than that but your opinion is fine.

I’m not sure I agree with forest or Everton coming down them being in better positions, Everton are struggling to fund the club as it is, potential investors could walk away if the club is in the championship. Both Forest and Everton’s wage bill is far bigger than ours.

Nobody had us down as favourites last season? Media had us in free fall and doing a Sunderland and going to league one.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:37 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:48 pm
Off one season you are calling him a bad premier league manager? I think managers deserve more chances than that but your opinion is fine.

I’m not sure I agree with forest or Everton coming down them being in better positions, Everton are struggling to fund the club as it is, potential investors could walk away if the club is in the championship. Both Forest and Everton’s wage bill is far bigger than ours.

Nobody had us down as favourites last season? Media had us in free fall and doing a Sunderland and going to league one.
Can you think of a manager that has started with a 20-21 point season in the premier league and has gone on to be successful?

I would struggle to name a manager that survives a season that bad tbh

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:14 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:37 pm
Can you think of a manager that has started with a 20-21 point season in the premier league and has gone on to be successful?

I would struggle to name a manager that survives a season that bad tbh
You said you can’t base assumptions on things that might happen and now you are assuming a manager is only going to get 20-21 points.

Daniel drake ended 21-22 season on 23 points and is doing a good job with Leeds and has the potential to have another crack at the premier league

JBR

Post by JBR » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:31 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:14 pm
You said you can’t base assumptions on things that might happen and now you are assuming a manager is only going to get 20-21 points.

Daniel drake ended 21-22 season on 23 points and is doing a good job with Leeds and has the potential to have another crack at the premier league
There are lots of managers good enough to get up but not many that can stay there. Dyche was the master at grinding out results never mind what the football was like.

Farke got mauled in the prem when he managed Norwich, they were embarrassing themselves most weeks.

We’re very similar to his Norwich team this season powder puff in the extreme.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:37 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:14 pm

Yes because statistically VK is on to have a 21 point season. That’s not even really an assumption that’s just where the stats are suggesting he will finish. There’s nothing to suggest VK is going to be successful at this level.

Like I said can you name a manager that has?

You have just answered my question

Daniel Farke is literally the best example of someone that has been successful at championship level and is renowned for being abysmal in the prem.

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:41 pm

There are two reasons to sack Kompany, and the score of 13 points in 23 games isn't one of them. What's past is past, and if a young manager has made mistakes then we can hope he has learned from them. Perhaps he has, perhaps he hasn't, but there is no need to sack him on the basis of past mistakes. The two reasons to sack him are:

1. Another manager would get better results this season from this set of players.
2. Another manager would give us a better chance in the Championship next season.

Personally, I don't see another manager getting better results. The players are too small, too lightweight, too inexperienced. Another manager wouldn't get them to play better in the Kompany style of play, and they haven't the skills / physicality to play (as a team) any other way.

As for next season, Kompany has a superb record in the Championship. Who could we get that's better?
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2759 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:42 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:39 pm
They got a deflection, a lucky second and 1 other shot in the first half. Trafford makes some good saves in 2nd half and overall we had a better Xg 1.76 to 1.28

All 3 new signings looked promising
Where are we in the Xg League Table ? Can we ask the Premier League to take it into account ? 🥳

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11061 times
Has Liked: 5664 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:42 pm

for those calling out VK...............have a look at Eddie Howe. Early part of his career he simply couldn't organize a defence, it was all about outscoring the opposition. He left Bournemouth, spent time in Madrid with Simeone and learned how to set a team up. Staggering how quickly people get written off and aren't given the opportunity to improve, it's the one thing as a club we've done reasonably well over the years.

Grahamjack
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by Grahamjack » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:48 pm

Some months ago I raised the question was VK a genius or was last year luck???

Changing the whole culture and the whole squad was incredible.

No one can argue with the results.

No other team in history has ever done what we did inside 12 month.

You have to be the chosen one or incredibly arrogant to ditch that team and start again expecting the same results!!!!

He is a scam!!! How much longer are we going to all sit here and simply accept it!!!

Square pegs round holes from day1. Random changes of playing personnel. It’s bizarre to say the least.

Some would keep it simple and say it is IN EPT

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:50 pm

irony ^^^^^

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:58 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:37 pm
Yes because statistically VK is on to have a 21 point season. That’s not even really an assumption that’s just where the stats are suggesting he will finish. There’s nothing to suggest VK is going to be successful at this level.

Like I said can you name a manager that has?

You have just answered my question

Daniel Farke is literally the best example of someone that has been successful at championship level and is renowned for being abysmal in the prem.
You are assuming based on current stats that we will end on 21 points, it’s still assuming

Farke is going to get another crack at it, which is where managers need more than one chance.

The position we are in now I don’t see any reason why anyone would pot kompany, he is the best person placed to get us back up from the championship and then he gets a chance to see if he has learned from his mistakes of this season.

So many different forums regarding the club losing its identity and its values, then one sign of the manager facing a tough time and people calling for his head.

Same people criticising kompany are same people praising Trafford who is literally being picked by kompany.

People criticising the recruitment are same people praising the new signings.

End of the day the club took a gamble this season and it’s not worked. We might not have played well in enough games but we have had 4 points taken away from us due to terrible VAR decisions, which had they been corrected we would be in with a very good chance of staying up still

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:01 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:42 pm
for those calling out VK...............have a look at Eddie Howe. Early part of his career he simply couldn't organize a defence, it was all about outscoring the opposition. He left Bournemouth, spent time in Madrid with Simeone and learned how to set a team up. Staggering how quickly people get written off and aren't given the opportunity to improve, it's the one thing as a club we've done reasonably well over the years.
Eddie Howe is a superb example of a manager getting given another chance, minus yesterday eddie howes teams don’t defend anything like they did when he was the Burnley manager

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:07 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:01 pm
Eddie Howe is a superb example of a manager getting given another chance, minus yesterday eddie howes teams don’t defend anything like they did when he was the Burnley manager
Is this the same Eddie Howe that had 4 successive seasons in the prem with one of the smallest clubs in the premier leagues history (including a top half finish).

These stupid comparisons have to stop. There’s nothing remotely similar between them.

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:14 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:07 pm
Is this the same Eddie Howe that had 4 successive seasons in the prem with one of the smallest clubs in the premier leagues history (including a top half finish).

These stupid comparisons have to stop. There’s nothing remotely similar between them.
Smallest club in regards to stadium but not with budget mate, spent an absolute fortune. Nobody is comparing kompany and Howe, purely saying that Howe after a struggle at the beginning of his management career has been able to get another chance.

Howe got relegated and is now Newcastle manager, managers can get relegated and then go on to be successful.

I know when you have believe something you shut down any other opinion which is fine.

I just think kompany deserves the chance to get us back up and learn from his mistakes.

If you sack kompany now, who would you want to take us for the rest of the season and into the championship?

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:34 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:14 pm
Smallest club in regards to stadium but not with budget mate, spent an absolute fortune. Nobody is comparing kompany and Howe, purely saying that Howe after a struggle at the beginning of his management career has been able to get another chance.

Howe got relegated and is now Newcastle manager, managers can get relegated and then go on to be successful.

I know when you have believe something you shut down any other opinion which is fine.

I just think kompany deserves the chance to get us back up and learn from his mistakes.

If you sack kompany now, who would you want to take us for the rest of the season and into the championship?
I would have personally sacked him after 10 games. Right now probably Lopetgui or Will Still

If we got rid of ten games or so ago, I would have probably tried for someone like Amorim or Farioli (who I suspect is the next De Zerbi)

Not sure any of them would even be interested now.

For the record I don’t get your point about Howe, he’s the same as Dyche both incredibly successful premier league managers that have had a relegation. That’s not remotely similar to
VK.

Also Bournemouths net spend across them 4 seasons was around 100m. Ours is looking larger than that in one season.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:45 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:07 pm

any danger of you actually seeing the point ? thought not

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:54 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:34 pm
I would have personally sacked him after 10 games. Right now probably Lopetgui or Will Still

If we got rid of ten games or so ago, I would have probably tried for someone like Amorim or Farioli (who I suspect is the next De Zerbi)

Not sure any of them would even be interested now.

For the record I don’t get your point about Howe, he’s the same as Dyche both incredibly successful premier league managers that have had a relegation. That’s not remotely similar to
VK.

Also Bournemouths net spend across them 4 seasons was around 100m. Ours is looking larger than that in one season.
You can’t seriously think any of those names would be realistic targets, come on mate. You think lopetugi would come to Burnley now hahaha

Our net spend since kompany has been in charge is around 50m.

Bournemouth 30m on lerma, 20m on solanke, 15m on billing, 15m on Kelly they spent a fortune

JBR

Post by JBR » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:58 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:54 pm
You can’t seriously think any of those names would be realistic targets, come on mate. You think lopetugi would come to Burnley now hahaha

Bournemouth 30m on lerma, 20m on solanke, 15m on billing, 15m on Kelly they spent a fortune
Might have been tempted if we gave him £100m to spend seeing as he still lives in the UK as hes waiting for a job it seems.

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:00 pm

JBR wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:58 pm
Might have been tempted if we gave him £100m to spend seeing as he still lives in the UK as hes waiting for a job it seems.
I asked who he would want now and in the championship, no way loputegi would come to a team like Burnley in our position, might of done in the summer knowing we had money to spend but come on right now is totally unrealistic

JBR

Post by JBR » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:03 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:00 pm
I asked who he would want now and in the championship, no way loputegi would come to a team like Burnley in our position, might of done in the summer knowing we had money to spend but come on right now is totally unrealistic
Yeah thats what i meant, Pace gave him a 5 year extension early doors, even he could'nt have foreseen the disaster of this season. Maybe next time he will keep his powder dry and wait to see what happens and not be so hasty.

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:07 pm

JBR wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:03 pm
Yeah thats what i meant, Pace gave him a 5 year extension early doors, even he could'nt have foreseen the disaster of this season. Maybe next time he will keep his powder dry and wait to see what happens and not be so hasty.
He didn’t get a new 5 year deal, people get so confused with these extensions, it’s same with benson and zaroury, kompany literally extended for 12 months to keep the deal at 5 years on a higher wage, it’s not another 5 years on top of the 4 he already had left

JBR

Post by JBR » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:08 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:07 pm
He didn’t get a new 5 year deal, people get so confused with these extensions, it’s same with benson and zaroury, kompany literally extended for 12 months to keep the deal at 5 years on a higher wage, it’s not another 5 years on top of the 4 he already had left
3 years left?

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:10 pm

JBR wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:08 pm
3 years left?
When he signed at first he said he had signed for 4-5 years but the new deal at the end of last season was just a year extension

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:11 pm

Surely Vincent Kompany is just a carbon copy of Jimmy Mullen ,and Owen Coyle,all 3 did brilliant in getting us promoted but none of them had the wear with all to kick on in an higher division,now 2 of them are just memories from the past and I’m afraid VK is treading the same path.
This user liked this post: Cooclaret

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:18 pm

Westleigh wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:11 pm
Surely Vincent Kompany is just a carbon copy of Jimmy Mullen ,and Owen Coyle,all 3 did brilliant in getting us promoted but none of them had the wear with all to kick on in an higher division,now 2 of them are just memories from the past and I’m afraid VK is treading the same path.
Disagree with coyle, had he not jumped ship, I believe we would of stayed up that season

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:21 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:54 pm

Our net spend this season is certainly not 50m. Probably closer to 150m.

I doubt they would come. But realistically there the only managers I can see giving us even a slim chance of staying up.

This is the main problem, posters like yourself have been saying back VK all season and he will turn it around. Now there’s no chance it’s happening you all change up and say he’s perfect for the championship.

He should have been gone after 10 games and we would have stayed up.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:24 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:21 pm

I doubt they would come. But realistically there the only managers I can see giving us even a slim chance of staying up.

This is the main problem, posters like yourself have been saying back VK all season and he will turn it around. Now there’s no chance it’s happening you all change up and say he’s perfect for the championship.

there's nothing 'realistic' in anything you say.

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:26 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:21 pm

In 4 windows under kompany we have spent in and around 134m and we have sold around 81m, so I’m now way is that close to 150m net mate, your a stats man surely you would know that.

I’ve been backing him because I thought he could turn it around but now it’s in the position it’s in, why would you not think back to last season and be in favour of him staying to get us back up knowing he’s done it before.

Sacking dyche when they did was crazy timing but it nearly worked, I think sacking kompany now would be even crazier

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:30 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:26 pm
In 4 windows under kompany we have spent in and around 134m and we have sold around 81m, so I’m now way is that close to 150m net mate, your a stats man surely you would know that.

I’ve been backing him because I thought he could turn it around but now it’s in the position it’s in, why would you not think back to last season and be in favour of him staying to get us back up knowing he’s done it before.

Sacking dyche when they did was crazy timing but it nearly worked, I think sacking kompany now would be even crazier
I guess it depends whether we still have a chance of staying up. If you don’t think we do I think you’re probably likely going to want him to stay.

If you think there’s even a slither of a chance then I think it’s a risk worth taking. New manager bounce maybe get a couple of wins and all of sudden the picture changes.

JBR

Post by JBR » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:33 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:30 pm
I guess it depends whether we still have a chance of staying up. If you don’t think we do I think you’re probably likely going to want him to stay.

If you think there’s even a slither of a chance then I think it’s a risk worth taking. New manager bounce maybe get a couple of wins and all of sudden the picture changes.
Everyone is banking on Kompany ******* the league next year, what if the wheels have fallen off and we go into freefall, what then? The club could be in real danger of collapse with all the debt loaded on it.
Last edited by JBR on Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:33 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:30 pm

Completely ignoring your 150m net transfer spend mistake hahaha

Suppose the it’s a risk that nearly worked last time so I really don’t think they can afford it again, if there was a time this season that I couldn’t of argued him being sacked would of been after the West Ham home game

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:35 pm

JBR wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:33 pm
Everyone is banking on Kompany ******* the league next year, what if the wheels have fallen off and we go into freefall, what then?
That was the same when we went down last time, kompany was coming into a fire sale and players out of contract, you at least give him the chance and if it’s not working then you look at it.

Completely different situations finance wise but if you look at the champ winning team of 15/16, we looked like we would only just scrape play offs after hull on Boxing Day and then went on that unbeaten run

JBR

Post by JBR » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:36 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:35 pm
That was the same when we went down last time, kompany was coming into a fire sale and players out of contract, you at least give him the chance and if it’s not working then you look at it.

Completely different situations finance wise but if you look at the champ winning team of 15/16, we looked like we would only just scrape play offs after hull on Boxing Day and then went on that unbeaten run
Say were near bottom of the league after ten games next season then what would you do?

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:39 pm

JBR wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:36 pm
Say were near bottom of the league after ten games next season then what would you do?
Would all depend on points total and what the team looked like if there was signs, if we hadn’t won a game in first 10 he would have to go

But I can’t see a manager out there better equipped right now to attempt to get us back up.

You could sack him now in hope a manager comes in and keeps you up but it would have to be a manager willing to come down to

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:39 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:33 pm
Completely ignoring your 150m net transfer spend mistake hahaha

Suppose the it’s a risk that nearly worked last time so I really don’t think they can afford it again, if there was a time this season that I couldn’t of argued him being sacked would of been after the West Ham home game
his prediction for us under Kompany last season was to finish between 9th-12th. It's actually staggering the amount of things he has been completely inaccurate about whilst trying to convince everyone he knows what he's on about (none of us get that much right tbh, it's just a statement of fact based on his posts, mine will be just as bad :lol: )

JBR

Post by JBR » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:41 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:39 pm
Would all depend on points total and what the team looked like if there was signs, if we hadn’t won a game in first 10 he would have to go

But I can’t see a manager out there better equipped right now to attempt to get us back up.

You could sack him now in hope a manager comes in and keeps you up but it would have to be a manager willing to come down to
I dont see this team having the minerals to get anywhere in the championship unless he gets expensive loans again, we shall see.

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:42 pm

JBR wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:41 pm
I dont see this team having the minerals to get anywhere in the championship unless he gets expensive loans again, we shall see.
This team would be comfortably top 2 in championship this season in my opinion and that’s without playing Cullen benson and zaroury

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:27 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:39 pm
his prediction for us under Kompany last season was to finish between 9th-12th. It's actually staggering the amount of things he has been completely inaccurate about whilst trying to convince everyone he knows what he's on about (none of us get that much right tbh, it's just a statement of fact based on his posts, mine will be just as bad :lol: )
Anyone can pick out a few. Again you have picked out one of my comments I Yo Yoed all summer at one point I said we would **** the league (funnily enough you missed that comment out)

No one ever mentions the things I get right that I was laughed at for.
Like being the only person on here saying Dyche would be sacked before the end of the season.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:31 am

Net spend 150m :D :D

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:47 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:27 am
Anyone can pick out a few. Again you have picked out one of my comments I Yo Yoed all summer at one point I said we would **** the league (funnily enough you missed that comment out)

No one ever mentions the things I get right that I was laughed at for.
Like being the only person on here saying Dyche would be sacked before the end of the season.
The issue people probably have is your so focused on being right all the time like then bringing up something you got right about dyche but then can never accept you get something wrong.

You banged on about net spend and plugged 150m out of thin air and as soon as corrected completely ignored it. You couldn’t understand that vegas wasn’t actually comparing Howe to Kompany but was just using Howe as an example as someone who struggled in management first in a lower league and had a second chance and look at him now.

I called out Romano and Sacha during the window multiple times, but was wrong regarding Romano on esteve. It’s ok to get things wrong.

Bit like them transfer insiders, they post that much something is bound to stick eventually

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:15 am

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:47 am
The issue people probably have is your so focused on being right all the time like then bringing up something you got right about dyche but then can never accept you get something wrong.

You banged on about net spend and plugged 150m out of thin air and as soon as corrected completely ignored it. You couldn’t understand that vegas wasn’t actually comparing Howe to Kompany but was just using Howe as an example as someone who struggled in management first in a lower league and had a second chance and look at him now.

I called out Romano and Sacha during the window multiple times, but was wrong regarding Romano on esteve. It’s ok to get things wrong.

Bit like them transfer insiders, they post that much something is bound to stick eventually
The board is split, the art of discussion is only practiced by a few, the rest just choose a side and defend it no matter what’s been offered to support one side or the other.

There’s people licking wounds about the past and lamenting the changes that have happened. People don’t have the same access to the club, and that’s muddying opinions.

Some even target individuals and just post to belittle them. Then cry out if they receive the same. It’s all not okay.

This board is a mess currently, and the mods have their work cut out.