TRAFFORD (AGAIN)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Re: TRAFFORD (AGAIN)

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:21 am

Relying on last season's videos against lesser opposition won't convince me

I'll look at games at Everton and spurs this season

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:23 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:21 am

Best we've played on the road at Spurs - with a change team as well.

What have we got to lose? Traff does nothing better than Muric but is notably worse in passing and commanding his area.

It's beyond insane to keep with him.

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 862 times
Has Liked: 1097 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:27 am

Many fans could see he needed replacing long ago. The manager didn’t. Almost too late now but would be nice to see what Muric can do. We don’t look remotely solid with Trafford in net. Whilst it hasn’t helped having an unsettled defence I’m not sure whoever plays in front of him has confidence in him. He’s a league one keeper who should have had a loan to the Championship. Nowhere near ready for the PL a bit like our manager. The manager’s stubbornness is costing us.
These 2 users liked this post: StayingDown4Ever bumba

PremierLeagueClass
Been Liked: 584 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by PremierLeagueClass » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:36 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:19 pm
The illusion of truth (particularly hindsight bias) which has been created surrounding Trafford is quite scary. We're now at the point where he is apparently making mistakes 'every week'.

On the flip side, I see one poster has today mentioned this is the first goal conceded which can solely be attributed to Trafford. Whilst I'm not sure of that, I'm pretty sure there is no more than 3 which are solely him to blame. Certainly one v Everton sticks in my mind as being another where he was dodgy on a cross.

Corner conceded where Assignon can hoof it down the field or Odobert loses his man for a free header from a corner? Traffords fault.
Ekdal running through custard last week losing his man or Vitinho playing the attacker 2 yards on? Traffords fault.
Striker blocks GK (widely seen in the press as a VAR cockup) allowing a free header for Luton? Traffords fault.
Bournemouth, where Vitinho gives the ball to Billing to lob the keeper? Trafford fault.

Ironically, when Muric throws a ball to the feet of an attacking player who scores as a result, thats the fault of our outfield player. Go figure. Even then, O'Shea has been to blame for at least one this season, Beyer definitely (he apologised to the fans) anv Vitinho involved in more than his fair share.

Ironically any save Trafford does make is 'for the cameras', 'simple' or my favourites ' saves a PL keeper should make'. This in the week we've seen howlers from the Liverpool and Man City's keepers. Even then we saw first hand Fulham's keeper make a hash of Fofana's first last week.

However, because of these mistakes that are being made 'every week' from Trafford we're now getting comments like:

'I would have been happy to see him leave last month for half of what we paid for him if it got him out the side stinking out the place.'
'Trafford strikes again....'
'Laughable from Trafford, a boy playing in a man's game'
'Thick from Trafford'
'he is weak and will single handedly cost us another season'
'The rest of the team must hate Trafford'
'get out of my club'

This is for a BFC player! I'd suggest some of our fans need to have a word with themselves, if this is what they consider support.

To be clear he cocked up the cross for the first today with the fact he alarmingly got the trajectory of the cross wrong, rather than having to outmuscle someone. He is weak at crosses and the fact we change our defence so often means as a unit this problem is made worse. Teams will target us as a result. I even stated in a thread this week that Trafford shouldnt have been signed at the start of this season as realistically strengthening other positions with PL experience was more critical but hey ho, something happened for Kompany to decide in June that Muric was not going to be our GK for the new season. Even then, in a clearly weaker division, those so aggressive in their accusations for Trafford's weekly mistakes might need to remember Muric's sheet wasnt entirely without blot.

So, whatever Muric has done or not done, it seems Trafford will be keeping the shirt for the remainder of the season shortfalls in his ability and all. Can those so vehemently anti trafford at least have a go at supporting the lad or at worst keep your little bullying, snide and frankly untrue comments like those quoted above to yourself?
Best post I’ve read on here for some time!

These are very young players that need time to develop. Of course they are going to make mistakes.

Trafford did a lot right yesterday yet many seem oblivious to that (or choose to ignore).

The best example of this was one poster who started yet another unnecessary thread during the game, taking his attention off the game. Trafford made a great save in this time!

As supposed fans of the club, encourage our young players instead of spouting some of the childish, incoherent garbage i’ve seen on here of late.
These 2 users liked this post: louieollie boatshed bill

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:36 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:23 am
Best we've played on the road at Spurs - with a change team as well.

What have we got to lose? Traff does nothing better than Muric but is notably worse in passing and commanding his area.

It's beyond insane to keep with him.
Played ok, but still lost, and his inexperience led to the goal, after a period of panic in our box he should have done what all the top keepers do and fall on the ball and allow us to regroup. His passing out was poor in that game, so much so Lee Dixon commented how poor it was a couple of times.

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:36 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:07 am
No, only because there's nobody better to replace him
😆 well at least we’re making some progress in your opinion of Trafford and that you are in agreement he does need dropping!

For the record, I was never overly convinced by Muric myself but he did have a very good second half of the season. One would assume that Vincent was hoping the same would happen to Trafford when in actually fact James seems to be getting worse by the week.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:46 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:36 am
Played ok, but still lost, and his inexperience led to the goal, after a period of panic in our box he should have done what all the top keepers do and fall on the ball and allow us to regroup. His passing out was poor in that game, so much so Lee Dixon commented how poor it was a couple of times.
It really wasn't.

It got us on the front foot massively.

Traff has had more than enough chances. It's a terrible precedent this from VK, just bizarre all round - just like keeping Benson then not subbing him on yesterday, even at 3-1 down (but subbing on a defensive midfielder instead)
This user liked this post: alwaysaclaret

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:48 am

PremierLeagueClass wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:36 am
Best post I’ve read on here for some time!

These are very young players that need time to develop. Of course they are going to make mistakes.

Trafford did a lot right yesterday yet many seem oblivious to that (or choose to ignore).

The best example of this was one poster who started yet another unnecessary thread during the game, taking his attention off the game. Trafford made a great save in this time!

As supposed fans of the club, encourage our young players instead of spouting some of the childish, incoherent garbage i’ve seen on here of late.
It's not though. We're playing in the effing Premier League and we're on 13 points after 24 games.

It's not good enough - these are highly paid professionals. It's not some plucky young team on a Cup run.

If he's not ready then he shouldn't be playing - especially not to the fans' detriment.
These 2 users liked this post: StayingDown4Ever alwaysaclaret

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:49 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:46 am
It really wasn't.

It got us on the front foot massively.

Traff has had more than enough chances. It's a terrible precedent this from VK, just bizarre all round - just like keeping Benson then not subbing him on yesterday, even at 3-1 down (but subbing on a defensive midfielder instead)
I'd have hooked Ramsey at half time for Benson and had a real go we was well in with a shout if getting something, Trafford put us on the back foot twice.
I didn't hear anybody at the match defending him I'm not sure how anybody can watch us this season and still come to the conclusion that he should be starting

Jambounchained
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Jambounchained » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:59 am

Well he was drowning his sorrows last night. Absolutely hammered in Manchester. He’s currently in my mate’s spare room.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:03 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:48 am
It's not though. We're playing in the effing Premier League and we're on 13 points after 24 games.

It's not good enough - these are highly paid professionals. It's not some plucky young team on a Cup run.

If he's not ready then he shouldn't be playing - especially not to the fans' detriment.
People love making out like we are using our lads from the academy that just need a bit of time.

These are players we have/will spend over 100m on.

As you have said our points total is embarrassing and comments are justified

Casper2
Been Liked: 223 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by Casper2 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:05 am

Jambounchained wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:59 am
Well he was drowning his sorrows last night. Absolutely hammered in Manchester. He’s currently in my mate’s spare room.
Probably after reading this thread
This user liked this post: Jambounchained

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3083 times
Has Liked: 5064 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:06 am

I feel sorry for Trafford, he's been hung out to dry by the manager.
Muric deserved to start the season simply because of last seasons performances.
Trafford has proved he's a competent shot stopper, but his command of the box is so weak it leaves most fans close to tears.
The problem for me is despite his undoubted potential, he hasn't finished growing. Rather like Meslier at Leeds, he looks and is built like a schoolboy. Goalkeepers peak at a later age than other positions on the pitch, for good reason.
His feet hardly left the floor for their first yesterday, as they didn't against Luton. He needs to bulk up considerably in order to become the keeper we require.
None of this is his fault, and I worry that the stick he is starting to get from the crowd will eventually finish him for good. VK needs to think long term and drop him, for his sake, but Kompany has shown he is as stubborn as SD when it comes to picking his team.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2006 times
Has Liked: 3347 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:10 am

The back 4 has steadily improved. Some of it to do with getting better players in there and some of it to do with building on experience (O'Shea for example) We're not too far away there, but the trouble is defending isn't just about the back 4. It's primarily the back 5 and that 5th element is seriously holding us back and it was never more evident than with that first goal yesterday. How obvious does VK need it to be?

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 443 times

Re: TRAFFORD

Post by alwaysaclaret » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:25 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:09 am
Trafford is going to continue to concede from crossses as PL teams are now focusing their efforts in that manner.

He’s weak on crosses no doubt about it and that’s not helped by an ever changing defence and now midfield (with Ramsey starting the last two). I fully expect Massengo to be next to be chucked in as he’s getting increasing amounts of game time.

VK needs o let the defence who started yesterday begin the next 5 games if not all the remaining games. Settle on a midfield and go for some stability
Agree with this, and as you may have noticed I've been very critical of Trafford but do agree with the points your making here, however now more than ever the biggest change vk needs to make is to get Trafford out of the firing line at this stage because as many are saying it won't be helping he's long term progress, personally I do believe muric is better at the most critical things and is just as good a shot stopper, he's biggest downfall is just losing concentration occasionally, but we really have to work out if that can be ironed out to see if he is the long term answer, now more than ever.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1654 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:45 am

Just watching the Sky 90 minute rerun. Frozen it on the goal.

The problem this time isn’t physicality (though he does have an issue here, if I were him I’d come out knee first and make sure attackers got out of my way). The problem also isn’t his bad jumping technique where he doesn’t get high enough off the ground (as Shay Given pointed out after Everton).

The problem this time was misjudging the flight of the ball. I also note O’Shea misjudged it too and Liverpool had 3 players at the back post including Jota with only Amdouni trying to mark them (obviously not his strength). If Trafford had stayed on his line I bet Jota still scores (he would have aimed for a corner in that case).

Not the first time we have been done understaffed at the back post (Everton etc) but also not the first time a Premier League player has misjudged a Trent Alexander Arnold cross. Need to give credit to TAA for the Beckham-esque delivery.

So I think my concern is more to do with the set piece defensive coaching than the cruel witch hunt against a young kid by, frankly, a load of nobodies not fit to lace his boots. We get it, most of us would pick Muric (I would) but we also wouldn’t be so cruel on a young Burnley player who can’t drop himself and has still made big improvements.

StayingDown4Ever

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:50 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:45 am
Just watching the Sky 90 minute rerun. Frozen it on the goal.

The problem this time isn’t physicality (though he does have an issue here, if I were him I’d come out knee first and make sure attackers got out of my way). The problem also isn’t his bad jumping technique where he doesn’t get high enough off the ground (as Shay Given pointed out after Everton).

The problem this time was misjudging the flight of the ball. I also note O’Shea misjudged it too and Liverpool had 3 players at the back post including Jota with only Amdouni trying to mark them (obviously not his strength). If Trafford had stayed on his line I bet Jota still scores (he would have aimed for a corner in that case).

Not the first time we have been done understaffed at the back post (Everton etc) but also not the first time a Premier League player has misjudged a Trent Alexander Arnold cross. Need to give credit to TAA for the Beckham-esque delivery.

So I think my concern is more to do with the set piece defensive coaching than the cruel witch hunt against a young kid by, frankly, a load of nobodies not fit to lace his boots. We get it, most of us would pick Muric (I would) but we also wouldn’t be so cruel on a young Burnley player who can’t drop himself and has still made big improvements.
Scraping the barrel with excuses there mate. It was another error absolutely on him and he needs to get out the team asap

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:14 pm

alwaysaclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:25 am
Agree with this, and as you may have noticed I've been very critical of Trafford but do agree with the points your making here, however now more than ever the biggest change vk needs to make is to get Trafford out of the firing line at this stage because as many are saying it won't be helping he's long term progress, personally I do believe muric is better at the most critical things and is just as good a shot stopper, he's biggest downfall is just losing concentration occasionally, but we really have to work out if that can be ironed out to see if he is the long term answer, now more than ever.
Without doubt Muric needs to start.

Tbf my post is considering whatever i has happened to ensure Muric wasn’t deemed good enough last June hasn’t changed.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 892 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:56 pm

Jambounchained wrote:
The way he came out for the cross, clattered into his own player, crumpled on the ground and then bizarrely appealed for a free kick, I wouldn’t have been surprised if he’d have been out on the **** on Friday night, either.
This user liked this post: StayingDown4Ever

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:06 pm

Jambounchained wrote:
Any chance he can keep him there until the end of the season ?

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:27 pm

so VK can start Vigouroux next week? :twisted:

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1037 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:17 pm

Listen this subject has been done to death, it won't change and neither will some posters bizarre defense of the indefensible, contorting in ways never witnessed before on this board to find excuses. If the other 21 onfield players got sent off and Johnny boy lamped the ball into his own net to cost us the game some would try to find a defence for him 🤣😉

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1490 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:21 pm

Really scary how VK still thinks he's good enough, at fault for goals 2 and 3. Traff has to come and dominate his area. Every corner conceded leads to mass panic due to unreliable keeper.

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:23 pm

Lets all bully a young GK and make us all feel better about our lives. Some Burnley fans are disgusting.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:32 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:23 pm
Lets all bully a young GK and make us all feel better about our lives. Some Burnley fans are disgusting.
Bullying? Let’s not criticise him on a message board. Let’s not have a pop during the game. So when in your opinion is it ok to voice an opinion?

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:18 pm

it is mainly unwanted aggressive criticism that can affect a persons mental health. the usual suspects should be embarrassed

StayingDown4Ever

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:49 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:18 pm
it is mainly unwanted aggressive criticism that can affect a persons mental health. the usual suspects should be embarrassed
You should be embarrassed defending his garbage performances.
This user liked this post: bumba

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:50 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:06 am
I feel sorry for Trafford, he's been hung out to dry by the manager.
Muric deserved to start the season simply because of last seasons performances.
Trafford has proved he's a competent shot stopper, but his command of the box is so weak it leaves most fans close to tears.
The problem for me is despite his undoubted potential, he hasn't finished growing. Rather like Meslier at Leeds, he looks and is built like a schoolboy. Goalkeepers peak at a later age than other positions on the pitch, for good reason.
His feet hardly left the floor for their first yesterday, as they didn't against Luton. He needs to bulk up considerably in order to become the keeper we require.
None of this is his fault, and I worry that the stick he is starting to get from the crowd will eventually finish him for good. VK needs to think long term and drop him, for his sake, but Kompany has shown he is as stubborn as SD when it comes to picking his team.
The best players all have managers that manage their journey and bring them in and out of a team when it is best.
VK like you say is hanging Trafford out to dry, he's lacking confidence and is no where near ready for the premier league.
There is no logically explanation to drop the championship goalkeeper of the season for a League one goalkeeper.
It has to be money related but we wouldn't even get half of what we paid at the moment

alwaysaclaret

Post by alwaysaclaret » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:52 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:14 pm
Without doubt Muric needs to start.

Tbf my post is considering whatever i has happened to ensure Muric wasn’t deemed good enough last June hasn’t changed.
Yeah, sorry if it comes across as anything other than agreeing really, and pointing out murics biggest downfall, but I enhance muric should absolutely be starting now, alas it's all in vein I think, because vk has yet again been defending he's protoge.

Blatherwickstattoo
Been Liked: 100 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Post by Blatherwickstattoo » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:58 pm

I’m starting to think there’s something in his contract that stipulates he plays if he’s fit. It’s the only logical reason for him to keep his shirt at the moment because he’s costing us points .
This user liked this post: bumba

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:07 pm

bumba wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:50 pm
There is no logically explanation to drop the championship goalkeeper of the season
It has to be money related
I keep saying this but VK decided in June that Muric was going to be replaced. At the time that was for Verbruggen (a full Netherlands international).

The only logic that Trafford keeps playing and the board are happy to continue with JT in nets with the obvious weakness in the team that leaves is because something has happened.

I’ve no idea what it is but to suggest everyone at the club (management, coaching staff, board) is happy for Muric to be benched through no fault of his own is absurd.

alwaysaclaret

Post by alwaysaclaret » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:16 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:07 pm
I keep saying this but VK decided in June that Muric was going to be replaced. At the time that was for Verbruggen (a full Netherlands international).

The only logic that Trafford keeps playing and the board are happy to continue with JT in nets with the obvious weakness in the team that leaves is because something has happened.

I’ve no idea what it is but to suggest everyone at the club (management, coaching staff, board) is happy for Muric to be benched through no fault of his own is absurd.
Fair point this, only other reason is that he's potentially paid £19m for nothing more than a rookie goalkeeper, although I'd doubt it will ever reach £19m because the add ons are not likely to come to fruition, but obviously appearances will come in to play which he's getting plenty of courtesy of vk.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:21 pm

alwaysaclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:16 pm
Fair point this, only other reason is that he's potentially paid £19m for nothing more than a rookie goalkeeper, although I'd doubt it will ever reach £19m because the add ons are not likely to come to fruition, but obviously appearances will come in to play which he's getting plenty of courtesy of vk.
Again. The owners are not stupid enough to ‘protect’ their £14m investment at the cost of the £100m+ in PL money just to prove some sort of moral point.

Better yet (again as I keep saying) the decision was made in JUNE to replace Muric. Months before a replacement even kicked a ball for BFC.

Something has been said / done. Now, either Muric is happy to sit on the bench / is biding his time to hope he outlives VK at Burnley or (just or) his stock isn’t that highly regarded and no one has come in for him because we’re not exactly going to be knocking back offers for a reserve GK who isn’t getting a sniff.

Whatever is going on, it’s all very strange.

Shaggy
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:39 pm

You’ve got to put Trafford into one of our worst ever signings in the context of value for money.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:54 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:07 pm

The daft thing is with the way top teams expect their keepers to play these days we'd more than likely make a bigger profit off selling Muric after a season in the premier than we ever will from selling Trafford

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:54 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:39 pm
You’ve got to put Trafford into one of our worst ever signings in the context of value for money.
If you’ve got the memory of a goldfish and the patience of a toddler, probably yeah.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:56 pm

bumba wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:54 pm
The daft thing is with the way top teams expect their keepers to play these days we'd more than likely make a bigger profit off selling Muric after a season in the premier than we ever will from selling Trafford
So why didn’t / dont we?

Other clubs must also have scouted him and seen his style of play, prior to him coming to us yet we signed him for stuff all and there’s been no interest.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:38 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:56 pm
So why didn’t / dont we?

Other clubs must also have scouted him and seen his style of play, prior to him coming to us yet we signed him for stuff all and there’s been no interest.
We don't know if there was or has been interest

Shaggy
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:04 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:54 pm
If you’ve got the memory of a goldfish and the patience of a toddler, probably yeah.
Absolute nonsense.

£19m for an average league one stopper makes the £1.5m Leon Cort transfer look like an absolute bargain.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:12 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:21 am

1/6 isn’t to bad.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:12 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:04 pm
Absolute nonsense.

£19m for an average league one stopper makes the £1.5m Leon Cort transfer look like an absolute bargain.
And the one appearance wonder Ben Gibson for £15m who even finished up being told to train with his old club?

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:15 pm

South West Claret. wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:12 pm
1/6 isn’t to bad.
Sorry you've lost me

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:15 pm

bumba wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:38 pm
We don't know if there was or has been interest
Are you suggesting we’re not only playing Trafford because of his value but also refusing to get the funds from selling out of favour Muric too?

I didn’t realise our owners were so altruistic.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:17 pm

roperclaret wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:40 pm
James Flapper
This Dundee isn’t it.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3164 times
Has Liked: 6762 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:18 pm

Jambounchained wrote:
You shouldn't have posted this, whether true or not, not a good idea.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:19 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:15 pm
Are you suggesting we’re not only playing Trafford because of his value but also refusing to get the funds from selling out of favour Muric too?

I didn’t realise our owners were so altruistic.
Recruitment is difficult in January, doubt the club wanted to be tied down searching for new keepers as well.
Maybe Muric has better offers in the summer truth is none of us know. What we do all know is that he isn't happy and will be leaving if things haven't changed

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:23 pm

bumba wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:19 pm
Recruitment is difficult in January, doubt the club wanted to be tied down searching for new keepers as well.
Maybe Muric has better offers in the summer truth is none of us know. What we do all know is that he isn't happy and will be leaving if things haven't changed
How do ‘we all’ know he isn’t happy? Is there something in the press?

He wouldn’t be the first to be happy drawing a wage sat in the reserves.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:26 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:23 pm
How do ‘we all’ know he isn’t happy? Is there something in the press?

He wouldn’t be the first to be happy drawing a wage sat in the reserves.
He looks miserable walking across the pitch every week, he's an international keeper he will want to play for his country.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:27 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:18 pm
Does your manager hanging you out to dry weekly not effect your mental health?

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3164 times
Has Liked: 6762 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:33 pm

StayingDown4Ever wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:49 pm
You should be embarrassed defending his garbage performances.
Perhaps you should differentiate between criticism of the bullying nature of certain posts and the defence of a BFC player's performance.