FAO BurnleyMickSouth

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4843 times
Has Liked: 947 times

FAO BurnleyMickSouth

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:57 am

Hi Mick,

Nothing other than a quick message to see how you are doing? Sending best wishes. Hope things are more manageable for you at present? Any plans to see the Clarets. Take care.

John
These 10 users liked this post: PremierLeagueClass Bosscat beddie longsidepies Rowls NewClaret Stalbansclaret alwaysaclaret IanMcL beeholeclaret

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 524 times

Re: FAO BurnleyMickSouth

Post by beddie » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:05 pm

Bump.

BurnleyMickSouth
Been Liked: 287 times

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:15 pm

Hi JD,
Thanks for your message,its much appriciated, i am ok at present but have a lot of things going on in my head which i cant remove, its so hard having no wife to chat to, i try n make do as best i can, life is so cruel, no one/lady in my life so when my time comes to meet my maker that will be it, i miss my ex wife Tracey so much you would not belive it, with regard to coming up to Burnley i hope if possible to come up for the Brentford match, but once again its finance whether i come or not, i think it will be yes ? three days in Burnley is a change from down here & i get to have just a pint or two in the Miners now that the KSC 110 club has closed......thanks again for your kind message, take care to you, and ALL clarets everywhere.
Mick.
These 20 users liked this post: Bosscat PremierLeagueClass Tricky Trevor gawthorpe_view longsidepies beddie DAVETHEVICAR jos Rowls bfcjg NewClaret Goody1975 Quicknick Stalbansclaret alwaysaclaret beeholeclaret roperclaret whiffa mkmel Burnleyareback2

DanH90
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by DanH90 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:19 pm

Mick, I do not mean this patronisingly at all, but if finance is an issue stopping you coming up for the Brentford game, I (and I’m sure other clarets) would be happy to support with some costings?
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretsPadiham alwaysaclaret

ClaretsPadiham
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by ClaretsPadiham » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:41 pm

I don’t know your circumstances fully Mick but is moving back to Burnley or atleast closer not an option ? To enable you to get to every home game ?

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:50 pm

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:15 pm
Hi JD,
Thanks for your message,its much appriciated, i am ok at present but have a lot of things going on in my head which i cant remove, its so hard having no wife to chat to, i try n make do as best i can, life is so cruel, no one/lady in my life so when my time comes to meet my maker that will be it, i miss my ex wife Tracey so much you would not belive it, with regard to coming up to Burnley i hope if possible to come up for the Brentford match, but once again its finance whether i come or not, i think it will be yes ? three days in Burnley is a change from down here & i get to have just a pint or two in the Miners now that the KSC 110 club has closed......thanks again for your kind message, take care to you, and ALL clarets everywhere.
Mick.

Thanks for your message, Mick. I am glad that you are okay at present, but I totally understand all of the things that you explain you have going on in your head. Just keep taking it one day at a time. Really do try and come up for the Burnley Brentford game. If finances are short, then I’m absolutely certain that we could organise some help. Just keep looking after yourself.

Take care

John
This user liked this post: Foshiznik

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:04 pm

Hi again JD,
I more than likely will be coming up and staying at the Premier in when we play Brentford, its the only way i can get away from being in Surrey, it gives me a break to watch my heros, but i expect a defeat, not only from Brentford but as you can see yourself from the form since August has been terrible, will we stay up i dont think so but you never know, :o times are hard finance wise for me as i still have my bills to pay etc, but i dont need a go fund me page just yet, so thanks for the offer but Charity starts in my flat, anyway thanks for your concern regarding how i feel etc, i have replied to ClaretAndJew regarding his post earlier tonight which he posted at 9-18 this evening, please read my reply to him, take care and UTC. from BurnleyMick.
These 2 users liked this post: Tricky Trevor Goody1975

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 3837 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:13 pm

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:04 pm
Hi again JD,
I more than likely will be coming up and staying at the Premier in when we play Brentford, its the only way i can get away from being in Surrey, it gives me a break to watch my heros, but i expect a defeat, not only from Brentford but as you can see yourself from the form since August has been terrible, will we stay up i dont think so but you never know, :o times are hard finance wise for me as i still have my bills to pay etc, but i dont need a go fund me page just yet, so thanks for the offer but Charity starts in my flat, anyway thanks for your concern regarding how i feel etc, i have replied to ClaretAndJew regarding his post earlier tonight which he posted at 9-18 this evening, please read my reply to him, take care and UTC. from BurnleyMick.
Hear your point about charity but sure we’ll all make sure you make it to the Brentford game if finances don’t allow. Don’t be afraid to say, reach out and we’ll help.

Glad you’re in a nice flat and not your car though now pal.

All the best & keep your chin up as best you can.

Kilson810
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 836 times

Post by Kilson810 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:24 pm

I don't know you Mick but I really hope you are doing well and you have people around you who you can speak to. This message board can be rough at times (I am critical myself), but I like to think 99% of us only want the best for the team and we would rally round to support anyone in need.

All the best.

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 295 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:30 am

I am happy to chip in a few quid to help fund transport etc. I am not particularly well off but can spare £20 quid or so.

You sound like a man who has had a hard time.

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1639 times

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:39 am

Take care BMS and hope you make the Brentford Game and would gladly chip £20 or so to help with the expenses.

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2984 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:35 pm

I don't know you either Mick but Ive followed the stuff you post on here and would happily chip in a few quid if money is a barrier to you getting up here for a game. Ive recently relocated back up here after 40 years "down south' working and after a relationship break-up . I'm enjoying life here, though not as much as usual at Turf Moor this season !

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:08 pm

Hi guys,
Thank you for the (fantastically) kind offers to help me finance a trip to Burnley for the Brentford match, this message board is a great way to communicate with other clarets around the UK and beyond these shores, however i am going to turn both offers down, there are a lot worse off people here in the uk that would think better of donating £20 for me to attend a football match 255 miles away,

I WILL come to that match by hook, or best not say crook :lol: i have my state pension and can use a small piece of that to pay for my trip, some people on here know what i have been through, some dont, but this past 6 yrs have been very bad for me, but iv built my small flat up to the standard i want it to be in, so thats a step in the right direction, do i miss my football team, atmosphere, Burnley as a town, the answer is yes, im claret n blue born n bred, 255 miles is a long trip to do in one day on your own, thats why i stay over a couple of extra days if possible, i visit Burnly Cemetery to put silk flowers on my mum n dads grave 3 or 4 times a year n take a match in at the Turf if possible, i know for sure that i wont be buried in Burnley, so when my time comes then i will be Surrey based permanently thanks to my now ex wife :evil: , thanks again guys, take care.......BURNLEY MICK.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

roperclaret
Been Liked: 339 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by roperclaret » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:37 pm

Hiya Mick, don’t forget I’m always available for a coffee and chat when you’re passing by Cambridge.
This user liked this post: Foshiznik

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:12 pm

Hi Roper,
Hows things with you good i hope, things here are ok but not great for obvious reasons, i will let you know when im in the Cambridge area, i will be going to Yarmouth in June to watch a pop group called the Imitation 70s, hoping to stay at the same B&B place as last time when i was in Yarmouth, it was good when you took the time out to meet me on my way back to Surrey, that went down very well on this board, a fellow claret who took the time out to meet another claret who had thought of suicide because i just wanted to end it all, so back to the footy i think by the time i get to Yarmouth we will be down, i think by then if we are not in the Championship a miracle will have taken place and we will still be in the prem :lol:

I hope you and your family are good as well, not much happening here very lonely but i just cant seem to be able to move on & thats not by choice, almost 68yrs old and its just the same old thing day in day out, i am an easy going guy but after what you know who did to me,with regard to my life outside Burnley Fc has ground to a halt, at my age i dont want to be chasing a bit of skirt or i might be classed as a dirty old man, mind you im not dead.....YET :oops: anyway hope you n your family are safe n take care all the best see you in June perhaps.......Mick.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5175 times

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:28 pm

Hi BurnleyMickSouth

Can I just echo the kind wishes already given on this thread. You've shared your story and it's obvious that, to put it euphemistically, you've been through the mill but 'we're all very glad you're still here and still posting.

I'm not much one for making friends to be honest but I recommend the Bridge and Brew'm pubs in town if you're looking for friendly conversation pre-match but have come up on your own.

There seems to be a queue of people who'd be happy to meet you and have a chat and you can add me to that number.

All the best
This user liked this post: PWBFC

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:01 pm

Hi Rowls,
thanks for your message, i try n read them all and reply as well, mind you if i got talking to everyone that would like to chat with me i think i would end up missing the match.... :lol: ....thanks again.
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat Rowls IanMcL

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:26 pm

How are things, Mick?
This user liked this post: NewClaret

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18286 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:31 pm

jdrobbo wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:26 pm
How are things, Mick?
Reading DeanMarneysACL thread got me thinking of BurnleyMickSouth too 👍🙂👍

beddie

Post by beddie » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:54 am

Bump.

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:10 pm

Hi fellow Clarets,
Well to start with i am ok as the crow flyes, have good days n bad, i did get up for the Brentford match, good game & a nice win as well for me to watch, now the downside, i got up at the end of the match ( i was halfway up on the longside) started to walk out the exit, then all of a sudden my right leg just gave way, i ended up falling backwards & laying on 6 steps, fellow clarets helped me up and asked was i ok, i felt fine so left the Turf, then went back to the Premier inn, later went to the Miners at about 9-30 pm, felt ok, walked back to the Premier inn after about 4 pints, felt good, then 12 hrs later trying to get out of bed, i was unable to walk properly, i thought id slept funny and twisted something in my knee, i carried on as normal but was in agony, plus had to drive home to Surrey the same day, the bottom line is iv torn my knee ligaments when i fell over on the Turf and wont be able to walk properly for at least another 2/3 weeks, but hey ho life goes on but plenty of rest and painkillers plus gels are helping.....not going to Brighton on sat for obvious reasons, and no tickets available for the Forest match either talk about bad luck....anyway UTC and thanks to all who asked how i feel.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:17 pm

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:10 pm
Hi fellow Clarets,
Well to start with i am ok as the crow flyes, have good days n bad, i did get up for the Brentford match, good game & a nice win as well for me to watch, now the downside, i got up at the end of the match ( i was halfway up on the longside) started to walk out the exit, then all of a sudden my right leg just gave way, i ended up falling backwards & laying on 6 steps, fellow clarets helped me up and asked was i ok, i felt fine so left the Turf, then went back to the Premier inn, later went to the Miners at about 9-30 pm, felt ok, walked back to the Premier inn after about 4 pints, felt good, then 12 hrs later trying to get out of bed, i was unable to walk properly, i thought id slept funny and twisted something in my knee, i carried on as normal but was in agony, plus had to drive home to Surrey the same day, the bottom line is iv torn my knee ligaments when i fell over on the Turf and wont be able to walk properly for at least another 2/3 weeks, but hey ho life goes on but plenty of rest and painkillers plus gels are helping.....not going to Brighton on sat for obvious reasons, and no tickets available for the Forest match either talk about bad luck....anyway UTC and thanks to all who asked how i feel.
Never rains but it bloody pours Mick ... glad to hear not life threateningly sreious (serious enough though) all the best buddy and hope you are up'n'at em properly soon.
Might have a spare NU3 (it will be an over 65 tkt) for the Forest game (will find out and let you know if you want it?)

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1639 times

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:21 pm

Good to hear you have recovered somewhat from your fall on leaving the ground.
Hope you are feeling much better with rest in a couple or weeks or so .
All the very best Mick .

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:03 pm

Hi Bosscat, a thank you from me to you and Dave the Vicar for your replys and kind words, support bandage on the knee is better but walking is not good, i have walking stick at present & hobbling around but pain is not nice, also a message to Bosscat with regard to a ticket for Forest im 68yrs so a over 65 tkt would be great, if you could get me one, if not thats no problem, if a ticket becomes available i can meet you on the day and give you the money, thanks to both of you, best wishes, & lets hope we can at least beat Sheff Utd & Forest, all the best & UTC.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:09 pm

Glad to hear you are doing well Mick.

beddie

Post by beddie » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:09 pm

Great hearing from you Mick. You’ll need to rest up with that knee. Hopefully you’ll be up and running (not literally). Take care.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:38 pm

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:03 pm
Hi Bosscat, a thank you from me to you and Dave the Vicar for your replys and kind words, support bandage on the knee is better but walking is not good, i have walking stick at present & hobbling around but pain is not nice, also a message to Bosscat with regard to a ticket for Forest im 68yrs so a over 65 tkt would be great, if you could get me one, if not thats no problem, if a ticket becomes available i can meet you on the day and give you the money, thanks to both of you, best wishes, & lets hope we can at least beat Sheff Utd & Forest, all the best & UTC.
Am not sure yet but I will know after the weekend ... I would think the gentleman who's ticket it is will not want cash for it but a donation to the Burnley Foodbank or one of your choice would suffice ... we can discuss that nearer the time (I won't see him till Saturday though so am not sure about the ticket just yet)

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:17 pm

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:03 pm
Just had word ... He is using the ticket ... am sorry for mentioning it now 🥺 but will keep my ear to the ground

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:17 pm

Hi Bosscat, thank you for your prompt reply, if the friend of yours wants to keep the ticket, then no problem, if not im happy to put a decent payment in the Burnley foodbank (need details) wont contact you again until monday of next week, all the best to you, best regards,

Burnley Mick,
i just hope this knee gets better soon.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:31 pm

Hi Mick .. chatted with Andy today and he is using his ticket on The Forest game last match ... apologies for saying it might be available ...

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 781 times
Has Liked: 1437 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:05 pm

Keep going Mick UTC

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:30 pm

Nice to hear from you, Mick.